What's new

Leah Remini in talks to sue Scientology seeking refunds for former members

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Leah Remini in talks to sue Scientology seeking refunds for former members.

Tony Ortega: LEAH REMINI IN TALKS TO SUE SCIENTOLOGY: MIKE RINDER TESTIMONY

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/04/leah-remini-in-talks-to-sue-scientology-mike-rinder-testimony/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

In July 2013 the Underground Bunker first broke the news that Leah Remini had defected from the Church of Scientology. Now, we’ve learned that within the last year, Remini has been in talks to join a federal fraud lawsuit seeking refunds for former Scientology members, according to a sworn deposition.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Beldar

Patron
So what ever became of the Wollersheim case. Did COS ever pay? Its been years since I last cared about what was going on with COS.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
So what ever became of the Wollershime(?) case. Did COS ever pay? Its been years since I last cared about what was going on with COS.
Google is your friend.

From Wikipedia:
After over 20 years, the Church agreed to settle the case and pay an $8.7 million settlement on May 9, 2002.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP]
In addition to the above 8.7 million dollars that Scientology paid Wollersheim, Scientology had to pay another $500,000 to Wolersheim after Scientology lost a SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation,) lawsuit brought by Wollershiem and his attorney Mark Goldberg against Scientology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Wollersheim

Beldar

Patron
OK, so I didn't Google it because I wanted to see it here because it's relevant and I'm lazy. An 8.6+ million dollar payout should have any law firm eager to take up such a case as Remini's on contingency. Why hasn't this happened more often? What makes DM think his lawyers could ever defend Scientology? And most importantly, WHERE'S MY 8 MILLION DOLLARS?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got all of my money back from the IAS - $50,000.

Also got $10,000 from my local org for unused services.

Also got $5,000 from Saint Hill UK for unused services.

Me must be Big Being with balls of titanium.:yes:

Jump

Operating teatime
I got all of my money back from the IAS - $50,000.

Also got $10,000 from my local org for unused services.

Also got $5,000 from Saint Hill UK for unused services.

Me must be Big Being with balls of titanium.:yes:

. . . and he drove the fastest milk cart in the west!