What's new

Hello to All Who Just Watched Going Clear! :wave:

JustSheila

Crusader
I imagine there are hundreds of people at this site right now who just watched the movie, "Going Clear" and are a bit shocked and perhaps want to know if it's exaggerated, if it's all true, and if similar things happen to all Scientologists.

I am an exScientologist and was in the dedicated "Sea Org" for nine years. It's all true. Yes, yes, yes - it happens to all of us and much worse, as well. We have a lot of stories. They are right here, on this site, and you are welcome to read them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to join us and log in and ask. Lots of members here aren't exScientologists, just people with good hearts who want the truth known and the evil cult of Scientology with its evil separation of families, human abuses and human trafficking stopped once and for all.

We're a friendly bunch. Feel free to jump in. The water's fine.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Great idea for a thread, JustSheila. I'm an Ex and the documentary Going Clear is accurately truthful describing hubbard, miscavige and $cientology. Welcome to all new people who find this thread. :)

Leland

Crusader
I was a public member of the Cult of Hubbard for 27 years...and left in 2001.

I believe the Documentary to be truthful...and an accurate show about the Cult...

Don't touch any of it ....with a ten foot pole....deadly stuff.

at3ist

Patron with Honors
People will not doubt if its true or not. Its well known it true. The documentary is legit.

The thing is the documentary is one of the best on the subject, and the one with the best production, but its still just the tip of the iceberg. So feel free to make research, this forum is the best place to do it.

Lone Star

Crusader
I imagine there are hundreds of people at this site right now who just watched the movie, "Going Clear" and are a bit shocked and perhaps want to know if it's exaggerated, if it's all true, and if similar things happen to all Scientologists.

I am an exScientologist and was in the dedicated "Sea Org" for nine years. It's all true. Yes, yes, yes - it happens to all of us and much worse, as well. We have a lot of stories. They are right here, on this site, and you are welcome to read them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to join us and log in and ask. Lots of members here aren't exScientologists, just people with good hearts who want the truth known and the evil cult of Scientology with its evil separation of families, human abuses and human trafficking stopped once and for all.

Yes do jump in. The water is....uh....yeah....fine!

:shark: :wink2:

Purple Rain

Crusader
People will not doubt if its true or not. Its well known it true. The documentary is legit.

The thing is the documentary is one of the best on the subject, and the one with the best production, but its still just the tip of the iceberg. So feel free to make research, this forum is the best place to do it.

Plus it has the stamp of approval of a hundred and thirty HBO lawyers... the ultimate fine tooth comb of dox or gtfo.

Lone Star

Crusader
What was that sound?

Oh....it's the sound of a fork being stuck in Tom Cruise's career.

Look forward to your talk show circuit promoting the next MI movie ol' boy.

:lol:

Leland

Crusader
What was that sound?

Oh....it's the sound of a fork being stuck in Tom Cruise's career.

Look forward to your talk show circuit promoting the next MI movie ol' boy.

:lol:

Hit the nail on the head.

DITTO!!

It will be hilarious to watch.....

Hope that jack ass hides instead.

No one will ever watch a Tom Cruise movie...and see him the same way again....

:)

Lone Star

Crusader
Cruise has had a month to make a statement regarding the allegation of wanting and having Nicole's phone tapped.

His silence is deafening. It's true and he can't deny it.

The last female just swore off all Tom Cruise movies.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I was a scientologist for nearly 20 years and was very moved by the documentary, not just because of how well it was done but because what was said spoke truths which I experienced personally or saw happening with friends and loved ones who were members just like me.

It was very hard for me when I left in the mid 90s.... So many have since left and in doing so have made the path to escape easier for those who wish to leave now. It starts with the idea that you have a right to freedom of choice - to know what you know. And to accept what you know as what's true for you. Then get empowered by reading the internet stories of others and how they came to putting their story on on this forum and the internet and. Then make a safety plan- figuring out the what-if's and how-to's of leaving that will work best for you and your loved ones still in, based upon your own situation. Join the forum here, anonymously and post a hello that doesn't give too many personal identifying details if you are concerned about being outed. Make yourself comfortable. Ask questions if you have them. Speak out however you can. It's much easier once you take the first step. We all here can attest to that fact!

Leland

Crusader
Cruise has had a month to make a statement regarding the allegation of wanting and having Nicole's phone tapped.

His silence is deafening. It's true and he can't deny it.

The last female just swore off all Tom Cruise movies.

The newest Mission Impossible....movie has a release date of Christmas 2015....that is interesting!

25th of December.....WoW, what a date to pick.

Looks like there is gonna be a bit of a wait until he has to go out and promote his new movie on the Late Late Show...and other TV shows.....it will be interesting.

Tom Cruise is a jackass....

http://screenrant.com/mission-impossible-5-release-date-2015/

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well , I was in Scientology for 25 years , then started looking outside the cult in Jabuary 2014 , spent about forty hours a week looking online and left the cult in March 2014 .

I can tell you I saw Going Clear and read the book . I have spent hundreds - now approaching thousands - of hours looking into the true past of Ron Hubbard , the group and what his "technology" really is and really does .

I have a couple of opinions to share. First the film is to my knowledge consistent with thousands of reports that have come out . At least 90-95% of the Scientologists I have met have been told to disconnect from a family member . The Sea Org members live like slaves and are routinely exploited ,deprived sleep and abused . There have been beatings , forced abortions and many other abuses .

There are two flaws in my opinion in the film.. First , like the book , it grossly UNDERREPORTS the crimes and abuses in Scientology I have had never ins read the book and seethe with outrage - and then tell them this book has 1% of the story , it is much,much worse than you have seen !!

So , it is a beginning not an end .

Second , the film and book neglect the entire subject of thought reform and the extensive information from Lifton , Singer , Lerma , Atack, Hassan and many others on this crucial factor in understanding cults and Scientology .

I have tried to use what limited intellect and meager talents I may barely have to write on this . In my signature below is a link to my little blog where I try to write primarily on this subject .

Teanntás

And to all - what did you find out that was new to you?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Handy Hint: The last thing scientologists escaping scientology's cult-mindset need are lectures about how they ought to think. Just saying. :)

mockingbird

To my mind the best place to start learning or continue from the film is the excellent series of articles Jon Atack wrote at the Underground Bunker and his book Piece of Blue Sky .

Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker has short , clear articles that really help and I recommend his blog above all others ( even my own !!!)

Lone Star

Crusader
The newest Mission Impossible....movie has a release date of Christmas 2015....that is interesting!

25th of December.....WoW, what a date to pick.

Looks like there is gonna be a bit of a wait until he has to go out and promote his new movie on the Late Late Show...and other TV shows.....it will be interesting.

Tom Cruise is a jackass....

http://screenrant.com/mission-impossible-5-release-date-2015/

It was supposed to come out in May or June. The studio pushed it back due to Going Clear.

MissWog

Seriously, Stop making me want to hug you bc the next thing you know, I'll be flying to OZ.. That's where I belong anyway!

16238f9069c120218fe37ea66728ead93622b0b57fee164d367046db9ce58077.jpg

Leland

Crusader
I think of the Documentary as more of a "Vaccination".......just a little bit....and you're immune from "catching the disease."

No need to dive head first into trying to figure the Cult of Hubbard out.....and "read" everything written about it.....

In that vein....I think the Documentary did an excellent job....

Leland

Crusader
It was supposed to come out in May or June. The studio pushed it back due to Going Clear.

Really!!??

That is AMAZING!

Paramount must be sweating bullets...over opening Box Office figures...And the movie's star....

GEEZE....that is awesome.