What's new

Tom Cruise Secretly Slammed John Travolta To Church Leaders

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
I haven't finished reading the article yet. But can I just interject and profess: I LOVE THE FIRST AMENDMENT!

Fact is, the same way $cn uses the 1st amendment to separate church and state to dismiss and disguise atrocities committed within the cult by the constitution of the US Govt.

AND...so is Freedom of the Press. It is perfectly aligned by the same 1st amendment clause - Freedom of the PRESS is 100% prevailing truths and fully protected under the same 1st amendment. This alone is allowing exposure in the age of information (At our fingertips).

Actual quote from 1st amendment verbatim:
"Proposed 25 September 1789
Ratified 15 December 1791

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Full unindoctrinated experiences and corroboration of exes can prevail to abolish the semantics of the co$ criminal rackets...all thanks to the press.

It is like an unraveling ball of yarn.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yup, sure looks like it. I didn't recalled the other writer (Wolfe) being credited, but the script is the same 1930's comic book dialogue along with all those cringey literal OT III references (Xenu, Loyal Officer, Teegeack, Galactic Confederacy, et al).

God, that screenplay is such a bunch of empty, undramatic garbage. I know some people actually like Hubbard's fiction, but I always found it to be deadeningly boring, stilted, distant and emotionless. It's probably my overts on Ron that make me feel that way, right? LOL

It was a withhold for me when I was in, that I thought Hubbard's fiction sucked. Saying so while in, though, would have gotten me sec checked for LOTS of hours.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yup, sure looks like it. I didn't recall the other writer (Wolfe) being credited, but the script is the same 1930's comic book dialogue along with all those cringey literal OT III references (Xenu, Loyal Officer, Teegeack, Galactic Confederacy, et al).

God, that screenplay is such a bunch of empty, undramatic garbage. I know some people actually like Hubbard's fiction, but I always found it to be deadeningly boring, stilted, distant and emotionless. It's probably my overts on Ron that make me feel that way, right? LOL
Its actually very vibrant and dramatic space opera.

It's all those ridges that are blocking your perception of the drama.

If the film was ever made it would have tanked and that would have been the excuse.

This is one of the works that was never copyrighted btw.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
i expect to get flamed for saying this but i like sci fi

and i'm pretty sure revolt in the stars is my favorite lrh sci fi, if you want to call it that...

i wish they had made it a movie

he should have ditched the ot3 document, that version is lame!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Its actually very vibrant and dramatic space opera.

It's all those ridges that are blocking your perception of the drama.

If the film was ever made it would have tanked and that would have been the excuse.

This is one of the works that was never copyrighted btw.

:hysterical:

Yeah, that's exactly why Battlefield Earth bombed.

Because Dr. Hubbard was so far advanced above homo sapiens, on this planet. And, in his divine kindness, he had no yet realized how far "degraded" beings had become and, therefore, he had not yet cut the gradient way back.

Scientific Note: Once Dr. Hubbard re-calulated how awful humans case state was, he put them back on the correct gradient, like sitting in chairs looking at each other and doing nothing. Years later, Scientologists, and particularly senior Sea Org executives, soared far above that lowly level and became able to stand with a clipboard and do nothing.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yup, sure looks like it. I didn't recall the other writer (Wolfe) being credited, but the script is the same 1930's comic book dialogue along with all those cringey literal OT III references (Xenu, Loyal Officer, Teegeack, Galactic Confederacy, et al).

This post reminded me that when I was in Scientology I read tons of Science Fiction; Heinlein, "Doc" Smith, Bradbury, Asimov, Clarke, etc. These guys were prolific writers, but boy, could they write!

Hubbard, by contrast, was clunky and difficult to read, which, of course acted as a huge withhold!

But what he lacked in quality, he compensated for in terms of sheer quantity.

It was Hubbard applying his "if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, you can always baffle them with your bullshit" writing style.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
This post reminded me that when I was in Scientology I read tons of Science Fiction; Heinlein, "Doc" Smith, Bradbury, Asimov, Clarke, etc. These guys were prolific writers, but boy, could they write!

Hubbard, by contrast, was clunky and difficult to read, which, of course acted as a huge withhold!

But what he lacked in quality, he compensated for in terms of sheer quantity.

It was Hubbard applying his "if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, you can always baffle them with your bullshit" writing style.

When I was still in, I once had a conversation with another Scientologist about Hubbard's 10-volume Mission Earth.

This person told me that his/her brother, a writer, thought Mission Earth was crap and he/she was quite happy mentioning this to me.:ohmy:

I thought this was strange because this person was from a prominent Scientology family and is, in fact, still in the cult now.

Just goes to show that sometimes you just have to tell it like it is.:yes:

HelluvaHoax!

When I was still in, I once had a conversation with another Scientologist about Hubbard's 10-volume Mission Earth.

This person told me that his/her brother, a writer, thought Mission Earth was crap and he/she was quite happy mentioning this to me.:ohmy:

I thought this was strange because this person was from a prominent Scientology family and is, in fact, still in the cult now.

Confession: I hated Hubbard's "masterpieces" of fiction. Battlefield Earth & Mission Earth. I was a professional writer during that period and kept wondering why people were saying it was good when by every standard I could conceive of, it was horribly outdated, stilted, pretentiously overwrought and just....unreadable! I actually tried several different times to re-start both and still could not get very far through either. It was sheer punishment and I couldn't even concentrate on the narrative flow of the story--so badly written were the cartoon characters and childish dialogue.

The QUALITY of Hubbard's fiction was exactly the same QUALITY of his:

• Music (Thank You For Listening, Space Jazz, Road To Freedom, et al)
  • Photography (Take a look at his absurdly bad photos in What Is Scientology)
  • OT Levels (which nobody ever once got the promised result of)
  • Management Tech (which forced both public and staff to blow at about a 98:2 ratio)
  • Teeth (appearing like a badly diseased "BEFORE" picture in a Dentist's promotional brochure)

EDIT: Whoa! I just read what I wrote (above). LOL. Jeez, that was kind of wickedly mean about the quality of Dr. Hubbard's SciFi writing! I should mitigate it a little bit and admit that I never could force myself to watch the Star Trek tv series or movies either. Not even one (1) episode! LOL

So, I am publicly confessing that part of my reactive case is an aversion to suspending my disbelief when William Shatner is going all jerky-jerky emotional when he's talking to a similarly costumed Leonard Nimoy. People, help me, I just can't get past the costumes and bad dialogue! Probably the same reason why I didn't dig Hubbard's policies on wearing navy and minister disguises. CRINGE!!!

Last edited:

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron

When I was at Miami org, it was considered ok to have a personal view about the quality of Hubbard's Sci Fi writings. I can think of half a dozen times when those high up in the org joked about those writings and spoke about them in less than ideal terms. It was more like the tech is sancrosant but that does not mean that the Sci fi writings are, or that the sci fi is part of the tech. They are novels and stories and as such it was our personal taste as to whether we went for that sort of thing. But this was in the 70s. Maybe in today's climate Hubbard's sci fi has risen to the level of scripture.....

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Confession: I hated Hubbard's "masterpieces" of fiction. Battlefield Earth & Mission Earth. I was a professional writer during that period and kept wondering why people were saying it was good when by every standard I could conceive of, it was horribly outdated, stilted, pretentiously overwrought and just....unreadable! I actually tried several different times to re-start both and still could not get very far through either. It was sheer punishment and I couldn't even concentrate on the narrative flow of the story--so badly written were the cartoon characters and childish dialogue.

The QUALITY of Hubbard's fiction was exactly the same QUALITY of his:

• Music (Thank You For Listening, Space Jazz, Road To Freedom, et al)
  • Photography (Take a look at his absurdly bad photos in What Is Scientology)
  • OT Levels (which nobody ever once got the promised result of)
  • Management Tech (which forced both public and staff to blow at about a 98:2 ratio)
  • Teeth (appearing like a badly diseased "BEFORE" picture in a Dentist's promotional brochure)

EDIT: Whoa! I just read what I wrote (above). LOL. Jeez, that was kind of wickedly mean about the quality of Dr. Hubbard's SciFi writing! I should mitigate it a little bit and admit that I never could force myself to watch the Star Trek tv series or movies either. Not even one (1) episode! LOL

So, I am publicly confessing that part of my reactive case is an aversion to suspending my disbelief when William Shatner is going all jerky-jerky emotional when he's talking to a similarly costumed Leonard Nimoy. People, help me, I just can't get past the costumes and bad dialogue! Probably the same reason why I didn't dig Hubbard's policies on wearing navy and minister disguises. CRINGE!!!

I get your disclaimers but I think that your bullet points are reasonably logical. Basically, the quality of one's writing is going to affect ALL one's writing. There is no logical reason to think that if one poorly conceives and writes Sci Fi that one will suddenly be a genius when writing about man's fate and future hope.

The only regrettable entry is the one about teeth. But then I thought it over. The same sort of shallow minded paranoid attitude that prevented ANY and ALL Ron's writings from rising to genius also prevented Ron from visiting a dentist lest the dentist do something nefarious....

So the list stands. Regardless of your disclaimers.

HelluvaHoax!

When I was at Miami org, it was considered ok to have a personal view about the quality of Hubbard's Sci Fi writings. I can think of half a dozen times when those high up in the org joked about those writings and spoke about them in less than ideal terms. It was more like the tech is sancrosant but that does not mean that the Sci fi writings are, or that the sci fi is part of the tech. They are novels and stories and as such it was our personal taste as to whether we went for that sort of thing. But this was in the 70s. Maybe in today's climate Hubbard's sci fi has risen to the level of scripture.....

:hysterical:

I think you nailed it.

At first Hubbard's fictional characters seemed like a cruel practical joke on parishioners. Much like the first time "Thank You For Listening" was publicly played and my friends and I started to look at each other and laugh, using all of our OT intention in a barely concealed effort to suppress uncontrolled line charging. It was a surreal moment, believing in Dr. Hubbard as the sole and solitary "SOURCE". Yet, the intergalactic sector salvager seemed to have no awareness of how bad his f*cking music and voice was. LOL

But, I think you are right. It's now 2015 and Hubbard's fictional characters have risen to their rightful sacred status. It's just a bit hard accepting Jesus and other messianic wholetrack figures with names like Johnny Goodboy Tyler.

*** Author of this post suddenly
and regrettably ended off here,
due to uncontrolled Line-Cringing ***

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Just in case JT is ever lurking here I cross-posted a message for him from the comments section at Rinder's blog

Brian says January 5, 2017 at 3:14 pm

At this point I must say, that even though John Travolta is universally known to be a nice guy, his utter denial and refusal to look at these atrocities makes him an anti social personality as he IS instrumental in supporting a group that destroys families.

I am sure there were some nice Nazi sympathizers who knew nothing of the atrocities because they refused to look.

Ignorance of the law of karma does not excuse one of the consequences of violating karmic law.

Hey John Travolta, you may not understand the laws of gravity. But the laws of gravity don’t give a rats ass if you understand it.

Jump out of a window. Gravity will kick your ass.

Avoid and deny the atrocities of your church at your own peril.

You will create your own punishment.

If you have the guts John take a look. Looking is not a crime.

How have you come so far down to consider looking is non survival??????

That is what you have been taught John.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Somebody should point out to these celebrities that Hubbard said: "Look, don't listen".

So every time they refuse to look at critical information and simply listen to Miscavige's denials they are violating LRH Policy.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The NY Post published a story this morning entitled: Today’s stars are not all they’re cracked up to be

While it doesn't exactly address the topic of this thread it does have a paragraph on Cruise, so I'm using it to bump this thread. :coolwink:

For a long time in the ’80s and ’90s, there was no bigger movie star in the world than Tom Cruise, and he is the patient zero of this phenomenon. After firing his longtime publicist in 2004, the mask came off, and suddenly Cruise was jumping on Oprah’s couch and calling Matt Lauer “glib” to his face and marrying Katie Holmes and talking up Scientology. He looked and sounded like a crazy person, and it was the beginning of the end of our magical thinking, of imbuing celebrities with special powers simply by dint of their fame.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/05/todays-stars-are-not-all-theyre-cracked-up-to-be/

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm looking at my Facebook account a few mins ago and this ad appears on my page:

ad.jpg

I replied in the comments section: (I also included the comment below mine as well....but I'm Larry, for anyone who didn't already know)

response.PNG

There's lots of opportunities both online and offline to speak out about Scientology abuses and to promote the great books and documentaries out there. I couldn't resist taking advantage of this particular one. :biggrin:

Travolta is someone I used to respect and admire, even for some time after I left the Co$.

Those days are long over! :yes:

I really do have zero respect for anyone to promote that organization like he does yet not publicly speak out against the abuses. It's time for him to grow some cojones and take some responsibility.

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
Scientology Feud Exposed! Tom Cruise Secretly Slammed John Travolta To Church Leaders, According To Blockbuster New Video

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...s-reveal-claims-fight-over-battlefield-earth/

(excerpt)

According to a new report in The National ENQUIRER, Marty Rathbun– the one-time former No. 2 of the religion and Cruise’s personal auditor, has claimed that Cruise blasted Travolta over the failure of his Scientology film Battlefield Earth — even allegedly calling him a “son of a bitch!”

In a newly released video, Rathbun said the Scientology spat began right after Battlefield Earth opened in May 2000 to universally bad reviews – and Cruise came to the Scientology headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. Rathbun claims he and church leader David Miscavige picking him up at the airport.

“Tom Cruise gets in the car and says: ‘Hey Dave, what’s with ‘Battlefield Earth,’ man? Jesus, it’s the worst PR in the world,'” Rathbun claimed.

“David Miscavige turns to him and says: ‘Man, I swear to God … it’s just ‘Out Ethics.’ If I had anything to do with that thing, it wouldn’t have gone anywhere.”

Rathbun said, “He and Tom just sat there, nattering away full-tilt, and saying what a … Out-of-Ethics son of a b—- John Travolta was.”

Referring to Travolta’s “Out Ethics” was a particularly serious charge, since it’s Scientology jargon for using freedom of choice to make decisions outside the church.

But according to Rathbun the truth was that Battlefield Earth bombed because Travolta allowed Miscavige to approve every sequence of the movie!

“He’s literally seeing daily rushes from ‘Battlefield Earth,’ the shots for the day … he pulls out his dictaphone and is dictating his commentary on every shot,” said Rathbun.
"Jesus, it’s the worst PR in the world", "Man, I swear to God … it’s just ‘Out Ethics"

"Jesus", "God" -- this is not a lexicon that a Scientologist would normally use. It looks to me that Marty embellished the story. As someone noted, Travolta is not the person who wrote the script, so Travolta is an unlikely target of Miscavige's anger. Marty's account of events seems fishy to me.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
"Jesus, it’s the worst PR in the world", "Man, I swear to God … it’s just ‘Out Ethics"

"Jesus", "God" -- this is not a lexicon that a Scientologist would normally use. It looks to me that Marty embellished the story. As someone noted, Travolta is not the person who wrote the script, so Travolta is an unlikely target of Miscavige's anger. Marty's account of events seems fishy to me.

I've heard even atheists using expressions such as those. And for people using those types of expressions prior to getting involved with Scientology they might continue to use them thereafter, just out of habit.

When using those terms in that context their meaning dramatically changes from they're used in a Sunday service in a Christian church. :yes:

It's possible Marty embellished the story but those expressions aren't evidence of it imo.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've heard even atheists using expressions such as those. And for people using those types of expressions prior to getting involved with Scientology they might continue to use them thereafter, just out of habit.

When using those terms in that context their meaning dramatically changes from they're used in a Sunday service in a Christian church. :yes:

It's possible Marty embellished the story but those expressions aren't evidence of it imo.

I agree. Listen to interviews of Ron Miscavige Snr. He uses: "Jesus Christ" regularly to express amazement.