What's new

PAC 1977 Rock Slam RPF - Wayne Marple

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
(I had said that I would post any references of Wayne Marple if I found them and I have found some so I'll post them in a series. These are partial cut and pastes so please follow the links to see the full text, TOBB)

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/letter-cadet.htm

Some time around late 1976, Wayne Marple was sent to PAC (Pacific Area Command) with orders from Hubbard. The mission was dubbed "A Commodore's Mission" and was run from Flag as FMO 1674. (FMO means Flag Mission Order). Wayne had another "missionnaire" by the name of Jack Dirmann as his "Mission 2nd". Jack's wife at the time was Irene Dirmann, who was the Commanding Officer at ASHO Day, which was the "org" I was working in.
Wayne, as the FMO 1674 1st, ordered a mandatory briefing for all Sea Org staff. The order was given that all staff were to report for a briefing by the "missionnaires"; the briefing was to be held in the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course courseroom of ASHO after dinner. At that time, ASHO located at 2723 West Temple Street in Los Angeles. This was prior to the LA area "orgs" moving into the old Cedars of Lebanon Hospital Complex (aka Big Blue, or Pacific Area Command) in Hollywood, where ASHO is presently located.
During the briefing, Wayne announced that he and Jack had purchased a property and a building which was to be the new location for the Cadet Organization (this is the name of the "org" for children of Sea Org parents). Soon the Cadet Org was to be moved from its current location on Melrose Avenue. Wayne explained that the new facility was in a location quite a distance from ASHO and the other PAC "orgs". He informed us that due to the distance from the "org", parents would not be allowed to live with, nor would they be allowed to see their children every day.
It would "cut across production" too much, he explained. The Sea Org was busy "clearing the planet", and if parents were to spend time driving to and from the new Cadet Org in order to spend an hour per day with their children, it would simply not be "the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics".
After all, the "highest purpose in the universe" is being a dedicated Sea Org member and helping "the Commodore" achieve the Sea Org's "purpose" -- "getting ethics in on this planet and the universe". It would hurt "production stats" if parents were "off post" each day to spend time with their children.
We were told in no uncertain terms, that "counter intention" to the "Commodore's orders" would result in severe punishment, such as assignment to the "Rehabilition Project Force", or "RPF".
"This *IS* the Commodore's intention", Wayne commanded, in a "Tone 40" voice, "and *no* counter-intention will be allowed to cut across the Commodore's orders." Wayne further informed us, in no uncertain terms, that "no HE&R would be allowed" (HE&R means human emotion and reaction) since that is a "response from the reactive mind".

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
(This is a partial cut and paste. The main portion of the article is regarding Jack and Irene Dirmann. This section regarding Wayne Marple is only inserted text from another article).

http://slatkinfraud.com/dirmann.php

"Some time around late 1976, Wayne Marple was sent to PAC (Pacific Area Command) with orders from Hubbard. The mission was dubbed "A Commodore's Mission" and was run from Flag as FMO 1674. (FMO means Flag Mission Order). Wayne had another "missionnaire" by the name of Jack Dirmann as his "Mission 2nd". Jack's wife at the time was Irene Dirmann, who was the Commanding Officer at ASHO Day, which was the "org" I was working in."

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
(This is a partial cut and paste. The link continues on to mention that Diane Marple, sister of Wayne Marple, worked for OSA as part of their internet operations).

https://mikemcclaughry.wordpress.co...rate-course-pdc-20-alteration-the-full-story/

The best part about this story of PDC #20 – that has never really been told – is this.
Back in 2000 – One night Virginia was chatting live with a woman that had been trying to infiltrate us named Diane Marple (now deceased), sister of former RTC staff Wayne Marple. Diane was supposedly a “freezoner” – a supporter of Captain Bill Robertson. She often posted to internet newsgroups with pseudonyms, her most common one was “Lone Ranger.” Diane was trying to build cover with Virginia, by establishing “parallels” to things Virginia and I were doing at the time. At the same time, she was pushing heavily on Captain Bill Robertson’s version of Scientology’s bridge – called Ron’s Org (currently headed by Max and Erica Hauri).
That night, Diane was sending Virginia pages and pages (in email) of disjointed “notes” that were listings of L. Ron Hubbard references that aligned with Captain Bill’s ideas in his bridge. One example being that Hubbard had said that “anything which is alive either has or shares a thetan”, which was juxtaposed against Captain Bill’s “MOCO” idea. You don’t need to know what the acronym means, if I just tell you that he believed you should “audit your food” because it had beings in it, well…you get the idea.
Virginia and Diane would chat, Diane would send some more pages, then they would chat some more.The important thing to understand here, is the pages and pages and pages of written notes and excerpts that Diane was literally flooding Virginia with. Virginia is an extremely fast reader, so she kept up with this flow just fine – which I think took Diane aback. It looked to me like Diane was trying to overload Virginia – probably to try and keep her off of doing other things. I could be wrong about that, but there was something very weird about what she was doing. However that may be, she was definitely being very obvious about inundating Virginia with “proof” about Captain Bill’s Great Bridge or whatever.
Then…somewhere after reading pages and pages, one page had a reference that was filed under “Marcabian Influences and Black Dianetics” or some such, and one of those suddenly “caught Virginia’s eye”. She instantly knew that this had been altered by the Church.
Now here’s the funny thing. The reference Diane sent was the CORRECT UN-EDITED VERSION of an excerpt from PDC #20. Virginia just took one look at it and knew. She told Diane to hang on a minute and she went and looked at our version of the PDCs and lo-and-behold – the part that caught Virginia’s eye was missing from the transcript that we had.
It gets even better – Virginia had never listened to this tape, nor had any previous experience with it.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
(This is a partial cut and paste. The site includes names from other orgs).

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/XNU2YjhGSuI

SO ED 270 INT
2 May 1974
5X CLUB MEMBERS
Below is a list of all staff members around the world who achieved 5X
their 27 December stats before Ron's birthday and whose applications
were received by the 5X Club President and accepted, or who were
approved by their own orgs and their names telexed to the 5X Club
President.

Comdr Tony Dunleavy
PO George Cuthbertson
Lt. Comdr Jill Buchanan
PO John Nelson
Msm Laura Wolfe
W/O Kerry Gleeson
Ens. Kima Dunleavy
PO Anne Tampion
W/O Fran Broeker
PO Barbara Gilbertson
Bob Georgius
Vinay Agarwala
Marie McGahan
CPO Ron Gablehouse
Msm Sandy Ferreira
Harriet Foster
W/O Mark Ingber
Roger Barnes
CPO Murdoch McBride
George Duggan
PO Margo Clarke
Chuck Murray
PO Terry Risvold
Lt. Sandra Johnson
W/O Annie McGinley
Msm Louise Shekter
Beryl Salter
Ens. Judy Ziff
Kiki Swift
Bill Black
PO John McGinley
PO Stuart Moreau
Lt. Vicki Polimeni
W/O Neil Sarfati
Grace Campleman
Msm Wayne Marple
PO Sylvia Race
Msm Bill Potter
PO Larry Frazier
W/O Luten Taylor
Msm Charlie Rush
Msm Tamia Arbuckle
Msm Tom Rodrigues

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
(This is a partial cut and paste of an extensive article).

http://www.scientology-cult.com/blogs/joe-howard.html

LRH and the First Tech Film
Friday, 02 July 2010 07:06

LRH was not one for mincing words or actions. In mid January when he found out that one of the auditors had mishandled the CO of WHQ, Wayne Marple and that Wayne was laid up with a bad back, he assigned the entirety of Qual 75 hours of amends for allowing this to happen to the CO, stating in the WHQ ED assigning the amends, "There is such a thing as auditor conscience." We weren't quite sure that this all meant, but we for sure knew that he meant business. - See more at: http://www.scientology-cult.com/blogs/joe-howard.html#sthash.38NNHFU3.dpuf

Oh yes, those metal military surplus bunks. They had them at Flag also. Wonder if they are still using the same ones from the 70s? Should be called the "Sardine Org".

It wasn't hard to get the notion that the RPF was deliberately expanded to increase the renos labor force. If we didn't say it we were thinking it - "what a coincidence". But I never heard or saw anything official to that effect. My assumption is that LRH himself originated the whole cheap labor concept to refurbish the ships and so he himself initiated the r/s witch hunt knowing it would result in this. Nobody under him would need an actual order to the effect, "Search all of PAC staff for r/sers so we can build up the RPF to do renos". It could be tacit, like Henry II uttering a complaint about Thomas Becket.

Weren't these List 1 r/ses they were hunting for? Isn't List 1 primarily about r/ses regarding LRH, Mary Sue, and Scientology? So not just garden variety r/ses, but a full blown purge?
Well, see this and the link below. Mimsey

LIST ONE R/Ser

There are, for our purposes, two kinds of R/Sers. (a) Those who R/S on subjects not connected with Scientology and (b) those who R/S on subjects connected to Scientology. The latter is a “List One R/Ser” and it is of great importance to us that they be located and moved off lines when they are part of staffs as their intent is solely to destroy us whatever else they say: Their long-run actions will prove it.

The definition of a List One R/Ser is anyone who has R/Sed on List One1
Full text at http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/1031

For the list one go to this link:

http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/1024

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, see this and the link below. Mimsey

Full text at http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/1031

For the list one go to this link:

http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/1024

Great reference, Thank you! Ah yes, it all comes back to me now. I remember reading these issues. It would be interesting to see how List 1 has been updated under the current regime. Are David's beagles included? So the RPF is supposed to be rehabilitating these people with co-auditing on Expanded Dianetics to resolve their List 1 R/Ses, correct? I often wondered how that worked, considering it must have been virtually impossible to be sessionable with so little sleep and everything else?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
For the non-staff people here; what is PAC please, is it a place? I've tried and failed to find a reference for it because the word is too short for VBulletin's search function.

Leland

Crusader
For the non-staff people here; what is PAC please, is it a place? I've tried and failed to find a reference for it because the word is too short for VBulletin's search function.

Hi Cat's Squirrel.

PAC Base = Pacific Area Command Base .......I think.

Also know as.....Big Blue....and "The Complex"

It is the old Cedars of Lebanon Hospital buildings complex in Los Angeles....

There a lot of " Church Organizations " there..... ASHO, LA Org, AOLA, FOLO, and others....

Edited: Don't know much about it....but the Sea Org....has divided up the world into different " Command Areas..." LA is home to the "Pacific" one....

Just a side note. The US Military has a similar set up....( at least the Navy does....not sure about the Army or others....)

I suppose Hubbard must have copied this.

The US Navy Commanders of these "zones" have huge budgets...and rule them as "fiefdoms...." so to speak...

Hate to talk of the Sea Org and the US Navy in the same post.....doesn't sit right...but as Hubbard was in the US Navy for awhile....I can't just ignore the similarities.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Muriel (Diane) Marple died April 20, 2009 in Hornbrook, CA (Siskiyou County). She was born September 2, 1942.

http://death-records.mooseroots.com/l/164999635/Muriel-Diane-Marple

Muriel used to have a PO Box in Elma, WA. where Pat Krenik lives. http://radaris.com/p/Muriel/Marple

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Wayne Claire Marple died August 17, 1994 in Sacramento, CA. He was born January 27, 1944.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VPS2-5JN

** I've seen several references to Diane being Wayne's sister. I don't believe this to be accurate. **

Wayne's father, Wilbur Claire Marple died in 1997, in Sacramento. There is no mention of Diane in his obituary.

"Claire was preceded in death by his parents, a son Wayne, and a grandson, Justin."

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=101475934
------------------------------------------------------------------

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Cat's Squirrel.

PAC Base = Pacific Area Command Base .......I think.

Also know as.....Big Blue....and "The Complex"

It is the old Cedars of Lebanon Hospital buildings complex in Los Angeles....

There a lot of " Church Organizations " there..... ASHO, LA Org, AOLA, FOLO, and others....

Edited: Don't know much about it....but the Sea Org....has divided up the world into different " Command Areas..." LA is home to the "Pacific" one....

Just a side note. The US Military has a similar set up....( at least the Navy does....not sure about the Army or others....)

I suppose Hubbard must have copied this.

The US Navy Commanders of these "zones" have huge budgets...and rule them as "fiefdoms...." so to speak...

Hate to talk of the Sea Org and the US Navy in the same post.....doesn't sit right...but as Hubbard was in the US Navy for awhile....I can't just ignore the similarities.

Thanks Leland. It has occurred to me that this board could do with a glossary - there are so many of these acronyms floating about the place. (Or would that give people unhappy associations with the dreaded Tech Dictionary?)

Leland

Crusader
Thanks Leland. It has occurred to me that this board could do with a glossary - there are so many of these acronyms floating about the place. (Or would that give people unhappy associations with the dreaded Tech Dictionary?)

Any time. Yes...you could be right.

By the way.....besides the "Tech Dictionary..." there was also another dictionary....called "Modern Management Terms Defined" which....obviously had all the "Management" or structure of the Cult's terms defined....

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

It wasn't hard to get the notion that the RPF was deliberately expanded to increase the renos labor force. If we didn't say it we were thinking it - "what a coincidence". But I never heard or saw anything official to that effect. My assumption is that LRH himself originated the whole cheap labor concept to refurbish the ships and so he himself initiated the r/s witch hunt knowing it would result in this. Nobody under him would need an actual order to the effect, "Search all of PAC staff for r/sers so we can build up the RPF to do renos". It could be tacit, like Henry II uttering a complaint about Thomas Becket.

-snip-

That sums it up nicely. :)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I seem to recall mention of a female auditor who was blamed for many of the false reads that resulted in RPF assignment but there were so many it was difficult for anyone to comprehend how it could be possible..

Paulette Cohen.

Though she was just the scapegoat.

LRH ran this whole evolution personally. Bitty Miscavige was in charge of it. (I read the advices.)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Wayne Marple was under orders from Captain Bill, who was under direct orders of Hubbard.

Captain Bill Robertson was assigned responsibility by Hubbard for completion of the renovations at PAC and the smooth transition of moving in each of the orgs in sequence and continue production.

They did not have the people to renovate when lo and behold! A new tek discovery that relabels dirty needles as R/Ses. A quote from the old man, a reference that had not been followed. Somehow David Mayo was involved, but I remember something about him disagreeing that a dirty needle was an R/S, then suddenly it all got blamed on him.

Then by one of those common miraculous supposed miracles of Scientology, it took two years to get this corrected and meanwhile, any staff member who said anything but 'yes sir!' was suspected of bad intentions, sent for sec checks, and if you could dirty up his needle (like Wayne Marple did) you got another free slave for renovations on 4 hrs sleep per night, crashing out for5 mins on the sunny.

Everyone was terrified of being sent to the RPF. And when the renovations were done, the tek was corrected. :eye roll:

Yup. Time honored Sea Org tradition.

Create some excuse to bust everyone to the RPF to get renoes done.

History repeats itself.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...book-media-amp-reviews/page41&highlight=bitty

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I meant crashing on the sunny. Can't seem to edit afterward from an iPad.

Boot camp! What bullshit. That RPF at PAC in 1977 was brutal. I saw the victims, I saw them on 4 hrs sleep per night for months and months, forced to run and work as fast as possible to meet impossible targets with the worst tools and almost no training. Boot camp? That RPF could break most people and did. They did not "go back to post". They were not "mostly executives." the RPF was about 200 prisoners strong on hard labour for two years with sleep deprivation. Most blew.

Holy smoke. And this post below certainly gives the lie to all those people (including FZers, and I've met some of them) who say that LRH was a decent and principled guy and everything in the Scn garden was rosy until DM turned up and ruined everything.

Lulu Belle said:
Paulette Cohen.

Though she was just the scapegoat.

LRH ran this whole evolution personally. Bitty Miscavige was in charge of it. (I read the advices.)