What's new

DATING SITE for ESMB !

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Would it be a good idea to help X's find a potential mate ?

There are men - who while not maybe spring chickens - are intelligent, logical, knowledgeable about whatever one can name & handsome, too !

And there are ladies who are intelligent, logical, knowledgeable, & attractive !

Hey ! Look at the potential for people to meet, get to know each other ( in a social way ), and perhaps have a nice relationship.
( OK : Note :same-sex relationships were NOT excluded or ignored ! )

Maybe one day there first ESMB Wedding could be held !

Good idea or looney ?

Any who care to step up & say what they want to saw about themselves or whatever ?

Hmmm ?

I think I would rather meet someone based on a common interest not on a common enemy....we all did that all ready...the Psychs!

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I think I would rather meet someone based on a common interest not on a common enemy....we all did that all ready...the Psychs!

:hmm: I don't know. When I met my wife for the 1st time, we didn't have much in common and now that we're divorced for 2 decades or so, we still don't have much in common - but we're still getting along with each other pretty well.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I met Tom on ESMB and we nearly got married the other day while six kids were being christened. The lady who owns the farm said, "Is there anything we can do for you today? A baptism? A wedding maybe?" Lololololol!!

Free Being Me

Crusader
Would it be a good idea to help X's find a potential mate ?

There are men - who while not maybe spring chickens - are intelligent, logical, knowledgeable about whatever one can name & handsome, too !

And there are ladies who are intelligent, logical, knowledgeable, & attractive !

Hey ! Look at the potential for people to meet, get to know each other ( in a social way ), and perhaps have a nice relationship.
( OK : Note :same-sex relationships were NOT excluded or ignored ! )

Maybe one day there first ESMB Wedding could be held !

Good idea or looney ?

Any who care to step up & say what they want to saw about themselves or whatever ?

Hmmm ?

:no: :nervous: :hide:
:runaway:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I met Tom on ESMB and we nearly got married the other day while six kids were being christened. The lady who owns the farm said, "Is there anything we can do for you today? A baptism? A wedding maybe?" Lololololol!!

OMG!! You weren't kidding were you, P? You took the plunge with the ex-Harlem Org staffer, now garlic harvester.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.booth.31508

scared37.gif

wedding-wishes-cards2-ranotosh.jpg

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron

There are lots of threads here where people are talking about many other interests besides bullshitology. There are some smart people on this board and they have a wide range of interests.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've compiled a list of sexual perversion and whole track crimes on the basis of posts here and dead agent packs (which overlap more than I would have thought).

I could probably match a few people here on the understanding that no Polaroids will be PMd to me.

Free Being Me

Crusader
It's one thing to interact here on a message board, quite another to allow a stranger into your personal private life. People can and often do pretend to be anything they want on the net with disastrous results for the unwary. After being burned more than once I've finally learned my lesson.

:think: :nooo: :carryon:

Last edited:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
How's this?

I'm a "never-in", in my late 60s, widowed for six years from my second marriage (first ended in divorce) and live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

I have little desire for a "romantic relationship" at this point and, like strativarius, enjoy living by myself. But I would not mind making some new friends. Since I retired I find it difficult to meet new people.

I have a wide variety of interests including genealogy, American history, and computers. I am an inveterate reader.

Anyone who lives in the area and wants to chat or whatever can PM me.

Deeana

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
It's one thing to interact here on a message board, quite another to allow a stranger into your personal private life. People can and often do pretend to be anything they want on the net with disastrous results for the unwary.

:think: :nooo: :no:

Of course, what you say is broadly true -particularly for the naïve.

I'd tend to think by the time most fairly intelligent people who have been through scientology & ended up here - aren't very unwary.

Hmm, X's sort of tend to see their BS meter read rather quickly ? ( Newbies get clued when they need a clue, don't they ? )

As we have seen already, over reaches have been quickly rebuffed before getting stupid.

I got to trust adults to have enough caution before letting some " stranger ? into their personal life - particularly as many of us over lapped in time & acquaintances around various orgs .

Most posters around here very quickly figure out the 'fishing-to-stalk' from real people.

But, as always, caution should prevail.

Glenda

Crusader
How's this?

I'm a "never-in", in my late 60s, widowed for six years from my second marriage (first ended in divorce) and live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

I have little desire for a "romantic relationship" at this point and, like strativarius, enjoy living by myself. But I would not mind making some new friends. Since I retired I find it difficult to meet new people.

I have a wide variety of interests including genealogy, American history, and computers. I am an inveterate reader.

Anyone who lives in the area and wants to chat or whatever can PM me.

Deeana

Good for you girl. Uncomplicated companionship becomes more valuable than romance as we get older. Well that's what I have observed in people I know.

You're into genealogy? Cool. I'm seriously getting into it lately. Have a mysterious great-grandfather and trying to find his origins/family. He seems to have changed his name when he first came out to NZ. Why? I have no idea yet but not going to give up until I uncover something about this enigmatic man. Think I may have finally found something but still lots to verify, but exciting times as I trawl over endless info - often far too late into the night which any family researcher will understand. :)

Have you (or anyone you know) ever done that DNA genealogy testing? Fascinating stuff. I spoke with some people who've had it done. It has opened up their research immensely. I may consider it if the lines of research I am working on dead-end on me completely. Thus far all moving in the right direction. I have some "old-hands" at family tree work mentoring me and they are making positive noises in my direction about what I am finding.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Of course, what you say is broadly true -particularly for the naïve.

I'd tend to think by the time most fairly intelligent people who have been through scientology & ended up here - aren't very unwary.

Hmm, X's sort of tend to see their BS meter read rather quickly ? ( Newbies get clued when they need a clue, don't they ? )

As we have seen already, over reaches have been quickly rebuffed before getting stupid.

I got to trust adults to have enough caution before letting some " stranger ? into their personal life - particularly as many of us over lapped in time & acquaintances around various orgs .

Most posters around here very quickly figure out the 'fishing-to-stalk' from real people.

[HIGHLIGHT]But, as always, caution should prevail.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Yes indeed. :yes:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Good for you girl. Uncomplicated companionship becomes more valuable than romance as we get older. Well that's what I have observed in people I know.

You're into genealogy? Cool. I'm seriously getting into it lately. Have a mysterious great-grandfather and trying to find his origins/family. He seems to have changed his name when he first came out to NZ. Why? I have no idea yet but not going to give up until I uncover something about this enigmatic man. Think I may have finally found something but still lots to verify, but exciting times as I trawl over endless info - often far too late into the night which any family researcher will understand. :)

Have you (or anyone you know) ever done that DNA genealogy testing? Fascinating stuff. I spoke with some people who've had it done. It has opened up their research immensely. I may consider it if the lines of research I am working on dead-end on me completely. Thus far all moving in the right direction. I have some "old-hands" at family tree work mentoring me and they are making positive noises in my direction about what I am finding.

Yes, I have looked into it but have not done it. Yet. Before you would do this, do your research. From what I have read, it is better to deal with an independent laboratory who will give you downloadable access to your results. It turns out that the actual value of your results lies in how large a data base it can be compared to. Sites like ancestry.com who offer the test for $99 during special promotions actually do not have a large database. There are several independent laboratories who have been in the business for much longer and who have much larger data bases. And you would want to MAKE SURE you can access your own data in a downloadable form.

The people who changed their names are enough to drive any researcher bonkers! Many of my ancestors came to America from Germay and Austria, and yes, names got changed. Also, as you go farther back, you will learn that standar spelling was not in existence. Not for census takers and not even for government officials. In a time when people had 12 or 14 children, you find that one brother spelled the family name one way and another brother spelled it differently. Wehner became Wayner or even Warner. Fogel became Vogel. Or Fogle. Or Vogle.

It is a challenge and yes, time consuming. But fascinating.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I've compiled a list of sexual perversion and whole track crimes on the basis of posts here and dead agent packs (which overlap more than I would have thought).

I could probably match a few people here on the understanding that no Polaroids will be PMd to me.

Who PM's Polaroids, anymore, Squirrelbuster? :biggrin:

wedded-26-866x1024.jpg

Glenda

Crusader
Yes, I have looked into it but have not done it. Yet. Before you would do this, do your research. From what I have read, it is better to deal with an independent laboratory who will give you downloadable access to your results. It turns out that the actual value of your results lies in how large a data base it can be compared to. Sites like ancestry.com who offer the test for $99 during special promotions actually do not have a large database. There are several independent laboratories who have been in the business for much longer and who have much larger data bases. And you would want to MAKE SURE you can access your own data in a downloadable form.

The people who changed their names are enough to drive any researcher bonkers! Many of my ancestors came to America from Germay and Austria, and yes, names got changed. Also, as you go farther back, you will learn that standar spelling was not in existence. Not for census takers and not even for government officials. In a time when people had 12 or 14 children, you find that one brother spelled the family name one way and another brother spelled it differently. Wehner became Wayner or even Warner. Fogel became Vogel. Or Fogle. Or Vogle.

It is a challenge and yes, time consuming. But fascinating.

You raise an issue that was discussed with the "old-timers" I was speaking with. There are various businesses offering the service and all is not created equal, as you say. The folk I know have used services which not only allow them access and to download to their own data, but in an ongoing way as more info in that gene pool is added. They did heaps of research before they proceeded with the testing & I suspect they have used the larger independent labs you mention.

Name-changer = bonkers. Yes! I have no birth cert to work with, and every cert (marriages, death) I do have is full of "this does not make sense" dates. Name spelling is challenging for sure, plus reading old records which have hard-to-decipher script. A lot of it just looks like a spider crawled over the page. Drives me nuts. This is where it is excellent having the "old-timers" to help me because they are familiar with all this and can decode things a way lot more than I can.

Standard spelling? If only! :)

A few years ago I swore black and blue I would never get into family research (I have a family member who is a serious, slightly obsessed, researcher). And then it all changed when I wrapped up mum's estate and all these photos, papers, etc, came into my life. :eyeroll: