What's new

Mockingbird's Nest

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
"Elders" or "The Elders" has been used to refer to the older people in some religious groups and perhaps people in tribes, etc. The connotations are often that these people are wiser, more knowledgeable and respected.

"Elderly" does not carry any connotations of wisdom, knowledge, etc.
It is often used in a "kind and caring" way, and often when talking about taking care of the elderly. So it is not completely bad, it is just that it does not usually connote independence, intelligence and those sorts of things......so I think that many people would prefer NOT to be referred to, using that word. 2 cents.

Thanks for the explanations. I can see the differences and pay attention.
It's funny as I work (volunteer) with aged elders, ( many 80 over) and most of them are in terrific shape and active...It's why I don't carry this idea of a pejorative connotation, but yes, I prefer to use the word ''seniors'', which is defined as an elderly over 65 years old :confused2:....despite we use a lot ''elderly'' after 65 yo.

subtle shades :coolwink:

I was kidding , with the ''elderly bitter apostate'' ..for a laughter! :wink2:
(same as old meat body..)

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
This thread needs a theme song:

:dance2: :headspin:

[video=youtube;nbYsRBwZzuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbYsRBwZzuI[/video]

[video=youtube;WtMPlY3duz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtMPlY3duz4&index=2&list=RDASQ-yHWKSQk[/video]

Last edited:

Hypatia

Pagan
I know that he regards some of his biggest trolls as a handful of ESMBers who've been here almost from the beginning. That's because his biggest critics are long time members who don't like how he came here and started posting thread after thread after thread of his long winded pontifications. Remember how he would BOLD TYPE the titles of threads? Paul laid into him for that practice. Lol... But Paul is a naughty troll. Very, very naughty!

Basically MB regards any critic of himself as a troll. :eyeroll:

So he's not happy about trolls not admitting they're trolls.

A true troll won't admit it. Anyone read 4chan...wwp tdome, encyclopedia dramatica...etc...will know that.

If they don't think they're a troll, then they aren't going to "admit" it.

Advice to Mockingbird: Take people as they present themselves.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Free yoga class with lotus :happydance:

Take a deep breath
Inspire through the nose
Expire through the nose
breathe 3 times

I feel my relax body

My brain is relax
My sex is relax

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so gooooooooooooooooood :yes:

crrub150108.gif_zpsrqpacxop.jpeg

:)

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
MB,

When you first arrived at ESMB, I had absented myself from this board.

I just now read several of your first posts, and found them to be quite moving, and well written;

not at all like your pedantic manifestos that I've become accustomed to ignoring, or making fun of.

You were writing about yourself, your experiences, and the challenges you faced.

You've had a pretty rough life, I see.

Made all the rougher by having gone through the meat grinder of Scientology.

I'm glad you made it out.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
So he's not happy about trolls not admitting they're trolls.

A true troll won't admit it. Anyone read 4chan...wwp tdome, encyclopedia dramatica...etc...will know that.

If they don't think they're a troll, then they aren't going to "admit" it.

Advice to Mockingbird: Take people as they present themselves.

True, but I don't think it's possible to be a troll and not know you are one. By definition, if you're trolling a board you're on a windup of some kind and part of that is deliberately misrepresenting yourself or your intentions when posting.

Here's what Wikipedia says;

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

It's quite different from posting things in good faith which you know are going to be upsetting or arouse controversy but which you nevertheless feel need to be said for the good of the discussion. As with many things in life, intention is everything.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
True, but I don't think it's possible to be a troll and not know you are one. By definition, if you're trolling a board you're on a windup of some kind and part of that is deliberately misrepresenting yourself or your intentions when posting.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

It's quite different from posting things in good faith which you know are going to be upsetting or arouse controversy but which you nevertheless feel need to be said for the good of the discussion. As with many things in life, intention is everything.

:omg:

Oh noooooo ... per the above, Mockingbird is clearly the troll.

Before you respond Cats, I'm joking ... but I'm sick to death of all this he said/she said troll nonsense, when did people become so precious (er, that's a rhetorical question)?

Lets just move on and lighten up eh? Anyone who comes here in genuine trolling mode is spotted from about 10 miles away and flicked by those who have actually that right ... the mods.

Lets get back to what we do best, enjoying each other and enjoying being free of labels and any other cultic clap trap.

Lone Star

Crusader
Are y'all done trolling the shit outta MB yet?

Geeeezus-ah!! Need to rename this place the Ex Scientologist Trolling Board. :yes:

Hypatia

Pagan

But that's just it- many people wind people up sometimes or tease or even taunt them, or are deliberately provocative to a degree and do not regard themselves as trolls. They don't do it all the time, they do it occasionally. I've seen a lot of people do that here as an occasional thing. A certain Texan comes to mind.

I know of two really good examples of real actual trolls.

1) OSA operatives who pretend to be someone they're not, because they hate message boards like this one and are instructed to disrupt it.

2) Some of the anons like on 4chan (though I hear that just got sold recently) and on Encylopedia Dramatica. It's nothing but people fucking around. Nobody who wanted real discussion would ever want to engage on any of those threads because they wouldn't get it.

Neither type of person would say "oh, I just trolled you. Yep,that's it. I'm a troll."

The others in this equation are people who pissed somebody off (in this case, Mockingbird) because the person did not think the reactions and replies to his posts were appropriate.

Mockingbird's far from the first person to feel that he was being trolled because of what somebody said to him.

I think there was a comment somewhere that the trolls weren't admitting it. Well, yeah. They won't. Especially if they're not trolls.

Hypatia

Pagan
All that being said, I like Mockingbird. Seems like a nice chap. I think having a blog like that is healthy in the long run.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Free Being Me you keep using false equivalents . I didn't say things you attributed to me and I am not ruining utterly or disposing of anyone quietly and without sorrow .

You continue to disagree and then innacurately describe my statements and actions. I am not hiring PIs, telling people's neighbors lies, trying to get them fired, depriving people of property or rights, but hey I understand when you have a weak argument, using a different one can be more appealing.

I don't like trolls, you can quote actual remarks if you want, but they haven't been suitable for your strawman arguments.

I don't care for people trying to pretend to be superior in relationships and having the sacred infallible authority to criticize and order around others, to ruthlessly project with no consideration for their own responsibility for their choosing to read the posts they read and their emotions and problems not being entirely caused by the posts they read.

You are free to say anything you want, just as I am free to disagree.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

MB, whether done deliberately (troll style) or by accident you have crafted for yourself a complicated, unpleasant little corner of ESMB.

Enjoy it ... because it's all yours.

If you ever feel any interest in joining the rest of the board just yell out, many of us will be very happy to welcome you (sincerely).

:byefly:

Gib

Crusader
In the broad universe there is no other hope for mankiind than ESMB, where man can rise above the scientology prision of belief, where man can speak freely, and no troll can stop one from doing so, these are our truths, where men can have opinions without ad homs.

OK, that's my attempt at sublime writing and yep I plagiarized, LOL.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Free Being Me you keep using false equivalents . I didn't say things you attributed to me and I am not ruining utterly or disposing of anyone quietly and without sorrow .

You continue to disagree and then innacurately describe my statements and actions. I am not hiring PIs, telling people's neighbors lies, trying to get them fired, depriving people of property or rights, but hey I understand when you have a weak argument, using a different one can be more appealing.

I don't like trolls, you can quote actual remarks if you want, but they haven't been suitable for your strawman arguments.

I don't care for people trying to pretend to be superior in relationships and having the sacred infallible authority to criticize and order around others, to ruthlessly project with no consideration for their own responsibility for their choosing to read the posts they read and their emotions and problems not being entirely caused by the posts they read.

You are free to say anything you want, just as I am free to disagree.

No one likes trolls however your blog entry here goes to great lengths using a long winded generalization character assassination of ESMB: asshole troll narcissistic sociopaths. Really? ESMB is that dangerous? I understand if you're having a bad day but what you've written is completely defamatory and just plain mean. Nice touch doubling down adding pics. lol.

Who exactly is trolling you (with narcissistic sociopathic tendencies) here at ESMB leading you to post that tripe in your blog? Can you name one person from your imaginary nefarious cabal of ESMB'ers out to get you? Here's a quote from your blog as to what you're saying about ESMB:

Mockingbird said:
>snip<Several authors have written extensive articles calling trolls sociopaths and narcissists. I won't go so as far as to say every troll is a bona fide narcissist or sociopath every second of their lives from birth until death.

But I will say the double bind the woman pointed out and the issue with trolls comes down to the same thing: one person thinks they are superior to another. In the cults it is in the doctrine and subjugates a gender. By any individual who follows the doctrine.

Trolls while they are trolling are exhibiting narcissistic and/or sociopathic behavior. They are over long distance acting as gutless cowards, asserting a false superiority entirely to deny their own feelings of inadequacy, impotence and worthlessness, if narcissistic. If sociopathic they are without compassion and see infuriating others as a game, since they have no interest or success at forming bonds of attachment through empathy. The sociopath has no consideration for fairness, human decency or compassion.

My response:

A) Any Ex disagreeing with you is a troll.
B) Trolls are assholes, narcissists and sociopaths.
C) Ergo Ex's are trolls.
D) Blog a hissy fit justifying defamation and disconnect.

Extreme fail reminiscent of $cientology:

A) Any Ex disagreeing with you is an Espee.
B) Espee's are antisocial and evil.
C) Ergo Ex's are Espee's.
D) Issue a Declare justifying defamation and disconnect.

WTF kind of logical reasoning is that? You don't even have the balls to name people with contextual quoted conversations instead running with a long blogged paranoid rant of generalities linked here at ESMB. Your blog page is a Magnum Opus foot bullet misrepresenting the Ex community that will come back you haunt you.

15022806274417633613020454.jpg

*It's not too late to offer a heartfelt Mea Culpa.

You can cite fallacies you don't understand trying to evade what you've written however the picture you're painting of ESMB is utter fantasy. I seriously doubt the admins and mods would allow trolling narcissistic sociopaths (you forgot psychopaths, oh my) to run amok here. To the best of my knowledge no one has stated you're not welcome, you can't post, you should go away or written a blog page about you.

Why am I calling bullshit on you? Because your misrepresentation of ESMB could be read by a $cio looking to escape the sea org or staff (we've had several come here asking for help) and might take your blog page seriously avoiding ESMB. Did that ever occur to you? Your "right" to say spiteful petty mean paranoid twaddle about ESMB and Ex's you mysteriously refuse to name could have negative consequences that are not "all about you." Get it?

Last edited: