What's new

ANZO Staff / Sea Org : Request for info

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
No, this was in the late '80s before she was ED. I forget the EDs name but it was a man, and I think he had a plain first name like Joe or Tom and his last name started with P and sounded vaguely Italian. I may be way off, though. I wish I remembered what it was. He's public, now, although I don't think he's very active in the field.

Crikey, who was the ED in 1982 then? My memory is failing me! I'm pretty sure she was ED when we started the school and that was 89-90.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
No, this was in the late '80s before she was ED. I forget the EDs name but it was a man, and I think he had a plain first name like Joe or Tom and his last name started with P and sounded vaguely Italian. I may be way off, though. I wish I remembered what it was. He's public, now, although I don't think he's very active in the field.

Do you mean Johnny Colossimo? He was the ED for MelF for AGES.

The ED prior to Cheryl was Leanne Fahye (not sure of spelling). I think her husband Mick was the Qual Sec or CS or something.

SabinaM

Patron
Crikey, who was the ED in 1982 then? My memory is failing me! I'm pretty sure she was ED when we started the school and that was 89-90.

89-90 would be after I was born, so don't worry too much about your memory failing you. :) No idea who was ED in '82, though.

SabinaM

Patron
Do you mean Johnny Colossimo? He was the ED for MelF for AGES.

The ED prior to Cheryl was Leanne Fahye (not sure of spelling). I think her husband Mick was the Qual Sec or CS or something.

Yes, I think that's the one. Thank you. I must have blocked it out on behalf of my poor mum's trauma.

Both Leanne and Mick are AO now, same as their son. Mick got back from Flag around 2002, I think he's a NOTS auditor now or something like that.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I found Johnny Colossimo on the Theta-Exchange dating site.

It is a Scientogy run site yet Johnny no longer lists his religion as Scientology.

colossimo.jpg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I found Johnny Colossimo on the Theta-Exchange dating site.

It is a Scientogy run site yet Johnny no longer lists his religion as Scientology.

colossimo.jpg

Oh Johnny.....! I wonder if he's an ex? He could certainly tell some stories. I'd forgive him then.
I liked his brother though, he was a nice bloke.

Did he previously have Scientology as his religion? Other is sometimes used when you don't want to say straight up.

shader

Patron with Honors
Here's a thing: when I was there cadets had two days a week of schooling; the government thought we were doing it every day but we weren't. There were no qualified teachers, we just goofed off or slept or tried to work out of the limited amount of school textbooks. There are enormous gaping holes in cadets education, although they are all literate (they have to be, how else can you learn LRH).

Where is the 2 days a week of school done? At the berthings? On the other days (not the two school days), were the cadets working? If so, where?

Also, you mentioned on another thread a case of someone old being offloaded. This is one of the cruelest parts of the SO IMHO, especially since no-one has any super (social security for you Americans). Can you give any more details about the offloading?

Were they given any money? Just dumped somewhere? Did anyone try and help them out?

Thanks so much for posting about this.

SabinaM

Patron
Where is the 2 days a week of school done? At the berthings? On the other days (not the two school days), were the cadets working? If so, where?

Also, you mentioned on another thread a case of someone old being offloaded. This is one of the cruelest parts of the SO IMHO, especially since no-one has any super (social security for you Americans). Can you give any more details about the offloading?

Were they given any money? Just dumped somewhere? Did anyone try and help them out?

The two days of schooling are done at the base in Dundas, yes, on Saturdays and Sundays (So technically 1.5 days, since the first half of Saturday is spent cleaning etc.). On the other days, cadets work on their normal SO posts if they're crew, or they continue their EPF (basic training for the SO consisting of courses and physical labor) to become normal SO crew, or if they're still actual proper cadets (no post in a Sea Org org) they do odd jobs at the base, not too hard work, just helping with dishes or filing or similar things to that.

I'm really sorry but I don't know any more about the conditions surrounding the woman who was offloaded; she was AO crew and I was CLO crew, we worked in different buildings at that point and the whole thing was generally very hush-hush. I remember seeing her on the street in civvies (no uniform) and looking pretty upset/shocked to see a pack of SO crew walk by and suddenly realising that I hadn't seen her around at all in months. I asked someone what she was doing these days and they told me she'd "been moved off base". I never saw her again. I hope she's all right, she was such a dear woman. I wish I knew more.

From what I managed to gather over my time there, you may have gotten a small sum of money to "start a new life" (say around $500AUD, if it was approved by financial planning that week, which I doubt it ever was), and then if you knew what was good for you you'd keep quiet, act grateful, and disappear. I very much doubt that any SO crew would have had the time to go out of their way to help this woman out, most likely they didn't even know she was being offloaded because the whole business is kept such a secret until after the fact. This particular woman has been on staff/crew for years and years, though, she was even in the old GO, so I really hope she had a few loyal friends or at least some charitable acquaintances from that time that could help her out.

I'm sorry I don't have any better information for you, but if you need anything else I'll try to remember.

Terril park

Sponsor

Can't talk of Australia.

In the US, some, all, old staff are ferried to retirement homes in Florida.

They are told they can not have any scn materials or meters. Some
weirdness re PR I expect.

They are also asked to " End cycle". ie die.

The key point really is that they are denied their philosophy and religion.

Like OTs can't be seen to have a body wearing out!

exso72

Patron
Hi there,

I'll apologize in advance if this reply doesn't come through correctly - this is my first go at posting here so I'm still trying to get the hang of this.

I have been on the RPF in ANZO but I would prefer to answer any specific questions about my experiences there in a private message as opposed to a public posting. Unfortunately I still need to maintain some anonymity for the time being.

The pic of Johnny Colosimo from the dating website looks accurate. He was ED MELF from +/- 1982 to about late 1996 or early 97. He has two brothers I think - one is Carlo and the other is Pat. Pat was in the SO and was (or is) married to Moana Colosimo who used to be Capt AOSH ANZO.

If you have any general questions about the RPF that I think I can answer publicly, I will try to do so.

Thanks.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Hi there,

I'll apologize in advance if this reply doesn't come through correctly - this is my first go at posting here so I'm still trying to get the hang of this.

I have been on the RPF in ANZO but I would prefer to answer any specific questions about my experiences there in a private message as opposed to a public posting. Unfortunately I still need to maintain some anonymity for the time being.

The pic of Johnny Colosimo from the dating website looks accurate. He was ED MELF from +/- 1982 to about late 1996 or early 97. He has two brothers I think - one is Carlo and the other is Pat. Pat was in the SO and was (or is) married to Moana Colosimo who used to be Capt AOSH ANZO.

If you have any general questions about the RPF that I think I can answer publicly, I will try to do so.

Thanks.

Welcome! It's nice to have another aussie, or someone who was in Aus. I remember Pat and Moana too. And Mark and Marion Whitter etc. Any idea where any of these guys are now? You can PM if needed. I would just for more Aussies to turn up here. :happydance:

SabinaM

Patron
Welcome! It's nice to have another aussie, or someone who was in Aus. I remember Pat and Moana too. And Mark and Marion Whitter etc. Any idea where any of these guys are now? You can PM if needed. I would just for more Aussies to turn up here. :happydance:

Mark Whitter was at Flag for a while, wasn't he? Then he came back to ANZO to be the AO Captain around 2003 I think, after Elaine got RPFd. He had a wife who was sent down with him to be the Exec Esto; she was blonde and American, and I think her name was Heather, so Mark and Marion must have gotten divorced somewhere in there.

exso72, welcome! Are you okay with telling us what years you were in the RPF/SO? You can be vague and just say it was in the '90s or "a few years ago" if you don't feel comfortable being too specific, I'm just curious to find out if we may have known eachother. :) And yes, always good to have another Aussie around.

exso72

Patron
Hi,

I was in the Sea Org for about 15 years and I left in the late 90s. I'll send you a PM with a few more specifics to see if you know me. I chatted a bit via PMs with Emma last night and she happened to know who I was.

Last time I saw Marion Whitta would have been late 90s and I'm pretty sure that was in LA. I like Marion a lot, she was very cool. Mark and Marion had been divorced for a number of years. His later wife was an American named Denise - very pretty lady who I recall used to be the Receptionist at Flag Bureaux and then moved into the Programs area.

DavidM

Patron with Honors
Aussies! I Need Your Help

Hi everyone,

I have been in contact with the Workplace Ombudsman.
I would like to ask a favor from any ex-scientologist who has specific information about working conditions, wages, and abuse within the Church of Scientology's Australian Orgs. If you are willing, please complete a wages and conditions claim form so that the Workplace Ombudsman can investigate. You can make the claim confidential.

You can lodge a claim with the Workplace Ombudsman in four ways:

1. using the online claim form from the website at www.wo.gov.au

2. in person at one of the 26 offices across Australia
Link to office locations http://www.wo.gov.au/asp/index.asp?sid=7407&page=contact-view&cid=5352&id=714

3. by contacting the Workplace Infoline on 1300 363 264 and asking for a claim kit to be mailed to you

4. by downloading a copy of the claim form http://www.wo.gov.au/data/portal/00007407/content/51059001183070561539.pdf and posting to the Workplace Ombudsman, GPO Box 9887, In your capital city

You can also contact the Workplace Ombudsman on 1300 724 200.

If you could do this, it might help bring some small measure of justice for the countless people who have suffered in the past and are suffering now on staff and in the SeaOrg. When the Church of Scientology acts as an employer it is required to follow the same regulations as any other employer. The Church of Scientology seems to have a culture of negligence towards employees.

Similarly, if you know of any Occupational Health and Safety issues affecting staff or Sea Org members (including those in the RPF) please use the relevant state contacts available here:
http://www.ascc.gov.au/ascc/AboutUs/StateContacts/

Kind Regards,

David

freefrom

`

I think that was Jose...? He was a nice guy, a musician, an auditor, Tech trained, not Admin trained. Towards the end he was really just holding the fort for Cheryl. As I heard the story, she had gone to Flag for Tech training when there had been a big Tech push on and while she was there had been transferred to the OEC/FEBC when the big FEBC push began. She and Steve Fawcett returned to Melbourne as the Product Officer/Org Officer team which is a basic FEBC team structure. The Product Officer is like the Executive Director, in a Class IV Org, except I think she was referred to as the 'CO' for Melbourne, and the Org Officer is simply referred to as the OO. They both came back Sea Org, because the (early?) FEBCs had to be SO - even though neither of then were strictly SO qualified. Or that may have been just the CO/OO who had to be SO at that time. Later FEBCs weren't required to be.

That would have been in in 81 or 82.

At some stage Cheryl became CO ANZO and was up there for a while before she was sent back to Melbourne Day again as ED. It was probably during the time that Cheryl was CO ANZO that Leanne was the ED.

Terril park

Sponsor
`

I think that was Jose...? He was a nice guy, a musician, an auditor, Tech trained, not Admin trained. Towards the end he was really just holding the fort for Cheryl. As I heard the story, she had gone to Flag for Tech training when there had been a big Tech push on and while she was there had been transferred to the OEC/FEBC when the big FEBC push began. She and Steve Fawcett returned to Melbourne as the Product Officer/Org Officer team which is a basic FEBC team structure. The Product Officer is like the Executive Director, in a Class IV Org, except I think she was referred to as the 'CO' for Melbourne, and the Org Officer is simply referred to as the OO. They both came back Sea Org, because the (early?) FEBCs had to be SO - even though neither of then were strictly SO qualified. Or that may have been just the CO/OO who had to be SO at that time. Later FEBCs weren't required to be.

That would have been in in 81 or 82.

At some stage Cheryl became CO ANZO and was up there for a while before she was sent back to Melbourne Day again as ED. It was probably during the time that Cheryl was CO ANZO that Leanne was the ED.

I was on the OEC/FEBC then. There was some pressure to go SO. I did.
a few weeks later I recanted. With my charmed life I only got a couple of distainfull looks. One of my friends had some very heavy gang bang producting and weird stuff. She was or became the ED St Hill foundation. IO believe she was SO when she went there.