What's new

Looking for Hubbard Management Books you might not want anymore

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Holy Effen Ess! :ohmy: Is this the same Fred Ulan I knew way back in "the old days" that was a CL IV Org PES? Can't be...He'd have to be like 75+ years old. :coolwink: Does kinda look like him though...with some mileage. :confused2:

He was working with OSA Int (though I don't think he was in the SO) when I was there in 1988-ish. I think he was a senior exec in CCHR US. Yeah, (after a quick google break), here's a WWP thread with an Impact mag interview with him as CCHR Int ED in 1989.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/in...cutive-director-of-cchr-international.108086/

Paul

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
He was working with OSA Int (though I don't think he was in the SO) when I was there in 1988-ish. I think he was a senior exec in CCHR US. Yeah, (after a quick google break), here's a WWP thread with an Impact mag interview with him as CCHR Int ED in 1989.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/in...cutive-director-of-cchr-international.108086/

Paul

Thanks a bunch, Paul.:yes:

Something is screwy here. The magazine cover says, "Dr. Freddie Ulan Celebrates 50 Years of Pharmaceutical-Free Health Care" and when I first met Ulan in the early 70's he wasn't a Dr. of squat. I suppose somewhere in the intervening 40+ years since I first encountered him as an Org Staff Member he coulda gotten a DC but the date and headline of the magazine makes it appear that he has been Practicing since 1965, which means he would be at least 75+ years old. The Fred Ulan I knew should be in his in his mid to latter 60's, IIRC. :confused2:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well the numbers add up fairly well. But I have three comments... how many health care professionals work for 50 years? (not that there is anything wrong with that) and also, I think it is also unusual that a Chiro's practise doesn't involve vitamins and similar nutritional 'Pharmaceuticals' so is the by line of the magazine twisting the truth? I gotta wonder too, if some of that claimed health care career was practicing the 'science of mental health of dianutty or its offshoot science with out the science bullology without a license.

Holy Effen Ess! :ohmy: Is this the same Fred Ulan I knew way back in "the old days" that was a CL IV Org PES? Can't be...He'd have to be like 75+ years old. :coolwink: Does kinda look like him though...with some mileage. :confused2:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well the numbers add up fairly well. But I have three comments... how many health care professionals work for 50 years? (not that there is anything wrong with that) and also, I think it is also unusual that a Chiro's practise doesn't involve vitamins and similar nutritional 'Pharmaceuticals' so is the by line of the magazine twisting the truth? I gotta wonder too, if some of that claimed health care career was practicing the 'science of mental health of dianutty or its offshoot science with out the science bullology without a license.

You make good points. But, the claimed health care career would to have began in '65. When I first met Fred in the early '70's he was NOT a DC, in his early to mid twenties...like so many of us back then were...and an Org Staff Member.

For discussion, let's say he left staff in the Mid '70's and pursued his DC and finished around '80. The '88 article/interview that Paul Linked for me refers to Fred as "Mr", not "Dr", and makes no mention of his practicing Chiropractic, which leads me to suspect that Fred's "Doctorate" occurred after that time.

Long and short of it is, there's something screwy here that smacks of the customary Scn and Scns BS, Hyperbole, Misdirection and Deception.

Leland

Crusader
What was the Cult's front company that targeted Chiropractors?

There were a couple of em in LA around AOLA.....that had gotten in....and they made good money.....

I twinned with one for awhile ( he was a good guy ) and I got the idea...that his training to become a Chiroprator....was the road to earning a good living, money wise....and the training and licensing was not that long or arduous....

But it did take money...to get that schooling...

Chiropractors....get a lot of automobile accident business....and Lawyers send crash victims to them....

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

Pure quackery. It's sad that the audience is sitting with rapt attention to his 'scientific' procedures in determining what foods are right for the stooge and which aren't. (by

And at the same time it's infuriating to see a quack lying to people to trick them into spending money on pure made up bullshit. Just like hubbard.

JustSheila

Crusader
Even back in the early 80s, the Scientologists loved to do that quack trick with vitamins and such. I had it done at Peter Gillham's down the street from the complex. (no offense to Peter Gillham now)
They had me hold one container of one vitamin in one hand and one container in the other and 'determined' which vitamin I needed by some sort of trick of pushing my arms down and seeing which arm came up higher (or something like that). Whichever hand/arm came up higher indicated 'that's the vitamin you need.' :laugh: Magic! And I'm the Easter Bunny, too.

Despite the fact I was a culty at the time, even that was too ridiculous for me. Seriously crazy crap without a shred of evidence behind it. Even some of the scn doctors like that spinny Megan Shields were doing this.

Might as well believe in divining rods to find water. :eyeroll:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
What was the Cult's front company that targeted Chiropractors?

Sterling Management systems, Singer consultants and Hollander consultants. They targeted mostly sole proprietors, such as Dentists, Chiro's, Vetinarians, and some accountants. I think some of the 3 were from either San Fransisco area or possibly Seattle. Sterling as far as I know was in Glendale, CA

Leland

Crusader
Even back in the early 80s, the Scientologists loved to do that quack trick with vitamins and such. I had it done at Peter Gillham's down the street from the complex. (no offense to Peter Gillham now)
They had me hold one container of one vitamin in one hand and one container in the other and 'determined' which vitamin I needed by some sort of trick of pushing my arms down and seeing which arm came up higher (or something like that). Whichever hand/arm came up higher indicated 'that's the vitamin you need.' :laugh: Magic! And I'm the Easter Bunny, too.

Despite the fact I was a culty at the time, even that was too ridiculous for me. Seriously crazy crap without a shred of evidence behind it. Even some of the scn doctors like that spinny Megan Shields were doing this.

Might as well believe in divining rods to find water. :eyeroll:

Yea, that muscle resistance thing is used by several .....different types of groups....practices...and such....

I never gave it any credence either....Hmmm

Soooo funny Gillham used it to sell vitamins...

I wish him good luck with his law suit....against the Cult.....( he has one going doesn't he?)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks a bunch, Paul.:yes:

Something is screwy here. The magazine cover says, "Dr. Freddie Ulan Celebrates 50 Years of Pharmaceutical-Free Health Care" and when I first met Ulan in the early 70's he wasn't a Dr. of squat. I suppose somewhere in the intervening 40+ years since I first encountered him as an Org Staff Member he coulda gotten a DC but the date and headline of the magazine makes it appear that he has been Practicing since 1965, which means he would be at least 75+ years old. The Fred Ulan I knew should be in his in his mid to latter 60's, IIRC. :confused2:

Per Intellius Fred A. Ulan (it's him) is 71.

http://www.intelius.com/search/people/Fred-A-Ulan/Dunedin-FL?refer=3123&adword=PS.SING.RESULTS.NAME

-----

There is no Ulan listed here:
https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServices/HealthCareProviders

His various online bios that I saw don't say dick about his "DC" certification. That doesn't mean it isn't totally legitimate, but so far I haven't seen any evidence. Any offers? He also uses CCN (Certified Clinical Nutritionist) after his name.

Paul

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Yea, that muscle resistance thing is used by several .....different types of groups....practices...and such....

I never gave it any credence either....Hmmm

Soooo funny Gillham used it to sell vitamins...

I wish him good luck with his law suit....against the Cult.....( he has one going doesn't he?)

There's a certain type of person that loves that magical voodoo stuff and maybe always will.

IDK if Gillham himself used it to sell vitamins, might have been just his store people, but yeh, it was a popular thing then. So was pyramid power.

IDK what happened with his lawsuit, I haven't kept up.

freethinker

Sponsor
Seeing how he is celebrating 50 years of non-pharmaceutical healthcare I'd say there is a very good chance it is him. :coolwink:

I have found vitamins and nutritional supplements work. The problem is the field of nutrition has a glut of unsorted information you have to sort yourself. If you don't, you are flying blind in the nutrition world.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Seeing how he is celebrating 50 years of non-pharmaceutical healthcare I'd say there is a very good chance it is him. :coolwink:

I have found vitamins and nutritional supplements work. The problem is the field of nutrition has a glut of unsorted information you have to sort yourself. If you don't, you are flying blind in the nutrition world.

Oh oh and that deflation of spirit you feel when you've just given the Reg another five grand, don't know where your next months rent is coming from, and the kind folks at Peter Gillams tell you, you're undernourished and they're gonna need at least $70.00 before you walk out of there.

Depressing.

freethinker

Sponsor
His methods of discovering what someone is lacking or what they shouldn't eat is complete bullshit. Years ago I went to a health food store and the guy asked me to hold my arm out and he pressed down and it went to my side. Then he had me hold a bottle of vitamins in my outstretched hand and couldn't budge my arm. He then said I needed that supplement. I didn't buy it.

This is an old method to get people to buy supplements. Apparently they have added a vitamin e-meter to diagnose but not TREAT nutritional deficiencies. :eyeroll:

Per Intellius Fred A. Ulan (it's him) is 71.

http://www.intelius.com/search/people/Fred-A-Ulan/Dunedin-FL?refer=3123&adword=PS.SING.RESULTS.NAME

-----

There is no Ulan listed here:
https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServices/HealthCareProviders

His various online bios that I saw don't say dick about his "DC" certification. That doesn't mean it isn't totally legitimate, but so far I haven't seen any evidence. Any offers? He also uses CCN (Certified Clinical Nutritionist) after his name.

Paul
All I can say in his defense is he was a chiro - he gave me an adjustment when I foolishly rotated my atlas bone showing off - saying chiropracty was rubbish, and woke up the following morning unable to move my arm. That was back around 1970 or 71. Did you look that far back?

Mimsey

Yeah, I know that's not in the dictionary. Sue me.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
All I can say in his defense is he was a chiro - he gave me an adjustment when I foolishly rotated my atlas bone showing off - saying chiropracty was rubbish, and woke up the following morning unable to move my arm. That was back around 1970 or 71. Did you look that far back?

Thanks.

Look where? Apart from that Florida government site I checked his business website, LinkedIn, search terms that seemed applicable, and stopped there. Maybe he was certified in New York or California or Slobovia in 1968 or something, and he doesn't need to be listed in that Florida register. It's not so important to me that I will spend hours on it.

Paul

Thanks.

Look where? Apart from that Florida government site I checked his business website, LinkedIn, search terms that seemed applicable, and stopped there. Maybe he was certified in New York or California or Slobovia in 1968 or something, and he doesn't need to be listed in that Florida register. It's not so important to me that I will spend hours on it.

Paul
Well, I met him in California if that helps. Mimsey

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From a post I made on wwp 5 years ago

I saw this companies name in a list posted today:
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/thre...nd-facebook-disconnection.96935/#post-1970000 and found this on their website:

One of Fred Ulan's proudest achievements has come out of more than 25 years which he devoted to study and work in the field of drug-free approaches to physical & psychosomatic illness. He became sickened by the atrocities he discovered as "routine treatments" in the mental health field, including physically damaging electric shocks, extremely addictive and harmful psychiatric/pharmaceutical drugs, frequent sexual violations of children and adult patients alike, as well as extensive insurance fraud. In 1986, aided by Rev. Heber Jentszch, President of the Church of Scientology International, he spearheaded the establishment of an international network of volunteer organizations to help clean up field of mental healing. This formidable psychiatric watch-dog group, CCHR, (Citizens Commission on Human Rights), now has over 300 chapters world-wide. CCHR has brought about major reforms in the field of mental health field through numerous criminal investigations and public campaigns which has resulted in many favorable changes in the mental health laws in many countries and states, thus helping to usher in an era of greater safety in this field. Fred Ulan can be reached at the Natural Health Improvement Center, 15 West Notre Dame Street, Glens Falls, New York, 12801. Phone: (518) 792-5772; Fax: (518) 792-7310. E-mail: [email protected].

http://www.bryman-ulan.com/fredie_ulan.htm

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/natural-health-improvement-centers-cchr.96957/