What's new

Where is Shelly Miscavige?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This exchanged with regards to Shelly happened in the comments section this morning over at the Bunker:

blahman 30 minutes ago
I still think the mystery of Shelly Miscavage's whereabouts (intensified by Ms. Remini) is the biggest Scientology story of the year and is still potentially the most damaging crisis ever to face this "church." It may be a closed case for LAPD investigators but it's wide open for everyone else.

Honest journalism is Scientology's most feared enemy. I think media outlets should continue to apply the necessary pressure to force the church to at least show the world a glimpse of Shelly. I mean, the wife of "the ecclesiastic leader of a worldwide religion" has been missing for 7 years and all it takes for the issue to go away is the word of a notoriously corrupt police force?

And it's not just scientology-watchers who were interested in this. The story was gaining traction in a way unlike any other CoS story I can remember. Anyone with a conscience and an even remotely inquisitive mind should care about this.

Let's make some noise, people! Miscavage was somehow able to sweep this one under the rug. So let's pull the carpet out from under that little bastard's feet...

WHERE IS SHELLY MISCAVAGE?!!!!!

Tony Ortega Mod 28 minutes ago
There were almost no photos of Shelly online until this year when we posted several shots taken by Claudio and Renata Lugli (tailors to the Miscaviges).

As for blahman's request, you'll get your wish soon. A major American magazine is working on a story about Shelly that should come out soon. But remember where you got most of the details first!

Also, in case anyone missed it this past summer, Tony posted about Shelly over here:
SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader’s Banished Wife Says She’ll Get Out “Only One Way”

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
And I bet Davey would just comment to the follow up comment to that and just say..similar to what he has said before 'people die' so now he will say 'well people get abducted by aliens ..what is the big deal' :no:

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm wondering if she is in plain view of all of us , but wearing a disguise? LRH did it.

renegade

It wasn't a good enough "Compliance Report" with sufficient evidence. No Programs Chief would have accepted it as a "Done Target" so why should we. After all, we were bashed, mistreated and indoctrinated for what real evidence is, so dm knows what kind of proof is needed to terminadedly handle this question.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://twitter.com/TomDeVo/status/579783951268454400

attachment.php

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

I find that a tad tough to swallow, but yet not entirely unlikely either. I think though, that it's a bit more sinister than that simple explanation. While Uwi S. sat dying in the 'Hole' from MS and neglect, his wife Laurisse (sic), a beautiful and dutiful scilon, was getting all palsie-walsie with the Diminutive One, hanging on the heels while they (TC, Katie, Wee David and L.S.) attended various events, granted Tom-cat may have had something to do with it, but I think there is a much more obvious reason... COB tired of YSCOHB, bored with boring wife, needs compliant, brain-washed, sexeh, beard, voila! From all the years of reading I have done I laugh my fucking guts out when I run into Sci things touting 'family/relationships/marriage' blah-blah, probably some of the more hypocritical/bullshite crap ol' Hubbard (a fine example Hisself by all accounts) spewed forth onto the planet. Even though Shelly hasn't been out in public in years the little Toad makes sure to put on a happy-face..... and the ring upon his finger.
:puke2:

Just my humble opinion, no puppies were hurt during this writing.

:whistling:

renegade

Bump for the new lurkers and for dm.

Also wondering why the SO produced the missing son that was being looked for by his parents in a recent thread (January 2016?), but still has not produced Shelly in public.

Also wondering if Katie Holmes or Tom Cruise have info about her whereabouts.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Yeah, next year we'll be looking at a full decade where people have been asking what happened to her.
Remember when Heber Jentshz told his brother, "I'll never make it out alive"?

Its looking the same for Shelly. You can't just shave DECADES off people lives, life isn't that long.
These people are being robbed of their very lives.

It's creepy and heartbreaking.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Just an idea off the top of my head--is there anyone who can bring a lawsuit against Shelly, for anything at all? Not to persecute her, but to force her out into the open where DM /Co$ can't directly control her immediate responses to questions.

It would be interesting to see how far DM would go to keep her out of a courtroom. Why, someone might even get a legitimate refund if the lawsuit could be brought against Shelly instead of the Co$. :omg:

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Just an idea off the top of my head--is there anyone who can bring a lawsuit against Shelly, for anything at all? Not to persecute her, but to force her out into the open where DM /Co$ can't directly control her immediate responses to questions.

It would be interesting to see how far DM would go to keep her out of a courtroom. Why, someone might even get a legitimate refund if the lawsuit could be brought against Shelly instead of the Co$. :omg:

So a friend of mine pointed out that Shelly could be represented in court by council instead of showing up in person. But, I think, not if she were being sued for--just for a wild example--libelous slander (or whatever the legal term is), or fraudulent claims, where her sworn testimony were needed about whether or not she said so-and-so. I believe in that circumstance, the only way to keep her out of court would be to have legal council plead guilt and pay damages to the plaintiff.

Can you imagine what a precedent that would set? Anyone who can bring a lawsuit against a fraudulent verbal claim that they claim Shelly made, could feel assured of collecting a fat check for damages if DM shows he'll do anything to keep her out of a public courtroom. I don't know what Shelly's postings were in the Co$, but surely some people who talked with her could claim that they took some services based on claims she made, albeit in normal cocktail chatter, and having taken the services, discovered that Shelly's claims were fraudulent---when they, for instance, couldn't check out the efficiency of the freight train network on Venus after doing OT-whatever number the current crop of $cilons think will enable them to do that.

I wish I could claim credit for this lawsuit idea off the top of my head, but it was probably inspired by the Cherch's handling of the IRS. I doubt that I could match them in devious thinking. The main difference between my proposed lawsuits and theirs is that, probably, legitimate lawsuits could be brought against Shelly if she has ever touted specific benefits of good$ and $ervices of $cientology.

Of course, I would be shocked if anybody ever got a fair settlement out of the Co$--which would be all money plus appreciation interest tabulated and returned, and years of your life either returned (through OT magic, one supposes) or compensated. But I'm not talking about winning a lawsuit here, remember. I'm talking about using a lawsuit to force Shelly's alleged captors to either (1) hide her for real so she is publically acknowledged as officially missing (as in, can't be found to be served subpoena) or (2) made to appear in public court (possibly with lots of media coverage), or have the Co$'s lawyers concede guilt and pay off whatever damages are being sued for.

Perhaps someone with actual knowledge of the appropriate laws could weigh in on this.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard's son, L. Ron Hubbard Junior (Nibs), sued for control of his father's estate, saying he was either dead or incompetent. This was when Hubbard Sr. was in hiding.

As far as I know, Hubbard was proved to be alive and competent without him having to go to court. This was detailed in Bare-Faced Messiah and is probably on the internet somewhere.

Jump

Operating teatime
Hubbard's son, L. Ron Hubbard Junior (Nibs), sued for control of his father's estate, saying he was either dead or incompetent. This was when Hubbard Sr. was in hiding.

As far as I know, Hubbard was proved to be alive and competent without him having to go to court. This was detailed in Bare-Faced Messiah and is probably on the internet somewhere.

A few sections from Bare Faced Messiah Chapter 22:
In May 1981, when the purge was well under way and the messengers were consolidating their power, Miscavige moved to oust Mary Sue as Controller. He first chipped away at her position by making it known among her friends that Ron wanted her out. Then, at a stormy meeting in Mary Sue's office, Miscavige told the Commodore's wife that she was an embarrassment to the church, that she was certain to lose the appeal against her prison sentence and that it was important for the public image of the church that she be disciplined. Mary Sue lost her temper, screamed and raged at the upstart messenger and at one point threw an ashtray at him. But Miscavige stood his ground in the full knowledge that Mary Sue's position was hopeless. Without being able to count on her husband's support, she had no alternative but to step down.

Meanwhile, yet another enemy stepped into the arena to do battle with the church. A commission had been set up in Clearwater to investigate Scientology and its star witness was to be none other than L. Ron Hubbard Junior, who had recently changed his name to DeWolf in order to further disassociate himself from his father. Pink-faced and bespectacled, Nibs told the commission that his father was a habitual liar, paranoid, schizophrenic and megalomaniac who had fabricated most of his qualifications and written Dianetics off the top of his head without doing any research.

Worse was to come. In July, Nibs gave an interview to the Santa Rosa News-Herald in which he portrayed his father as a wife-beater who had experimented in black magic and fed him and his sister bubble gum spiked with phenobarbitol. 'He had one of those insane things, especially during the '30s, of trying to invoke the devil for power and practices. My mother told me about him trying out all kinds of various incantations, drugs and hypnosis . . . He used to beat her up quite often. He had a violent, volcano-type temper, and he smacked her around quite a bit. I remember in 1946 or 1947 when he was beating up my mother one night, I had a .22 rifle and I sat on the stairway with him in my sights and I almost blew his head off.'

Meanwhile, Mary Sue's stepson had filed a petition in Riverside, California, for the trusteeship of his father's estate, claiming that Hubbard was either dead or mentally incompetent. Nibs, who was then working as the manager of an apartment block in Carson City, Nevada, and taking home $650 a month, estimated the estate was worth $100 million, which was an indication of how little anyone knew of how much the Commodore was making out of the Church of Scientology - during 1982 alone, Hubbard raked in at least $40 million from various Scientology corporations.[8]

The petition claimed Hubbard 'has lived a life characterized by severe mental illness . . . consistent failure . . . and the use of false and fraudulent, oftentime criminal means, to cover up these failures and to acquire wealth, fame and power in order to destroy his perceived "enemies".' DeWolf further alleged that the church leaders were stealing millions of dollars' worth of gems and cash from his father's estate.[9] Attorneys acting on Mary Sue's behalf filed a counterpetition asserting that Nibs was 'simply trying to get his hands on his Dad's money'.

This intriguing litigation generated a flurry of media speculation about the fate of the founder of Scientology, but the question of whether Hubbard was dead or alive was quickly settled when the church produced a signed declaration with the Commodore's fingerprints on every page, authenticated by independent experts. Hubbard described his son's allegations as malicious, false and ill-founded. 'With respect to Ronald DeWolf,' he wrote, 'I consider him neither a friend nor a family member in the true sense of the word. Although biologically he is my son, his hostility and animosity to me are apparent and have been for years . . . I am not a missing person. I am in seclusion for my own choosing. My privacy is important to me, and I do not wish it or my affairs invaded in the manner permitted by this action. As Thoreau secluded himself by Walden Pond, so I have chosen to do in my own fashion.'

The court accepted the documents as proof that Hubbard was still alive and dismissed DeWolf's suit, but in his determination to blacken Hubbard's name, Nibs had clearly inherited something of his father's perseverance.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors

Good point. This comparison would come under my option # 1: (1) hide her for real so she is publically acknowledged as officially missing (as in, can't be found to be served a subpoena).

Then we can all start asking, "Where is Shelly Miscavige?" again and DM can't say (with any credibility) that she's at home and doesn't feel like coming out. She will be officially missing, like LRH was.

So a friend of mine pointed out that Shelly could be represented in court by council instead of showing up in person. But, I think, not if she were being sued for--just for a wild example--libelous slander (or whatever the legal term is), or fraudulent claims, where her sworn testimony were needed about whether or not she said so-and-so. I believe in that circumstance, the only way to keep her out of court would be to have legal council plead guilt and pay damages to the plaintiff.

In civil actions it's virtually impossible to force someone to appear except if they need to personally testify (or before that, if they need to be deposed). However, whether or not someone needs to be deposed is a matter that can be argued.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
At this point, no one really cares where Shelly is.

Shelly supported the DICKtator David Miscavige all those years while living a lavish lifestlyle.

With regards to Shelly Miscavige

:whocares:

Free Being Me

Crusader
At this point, no one really cares where Shelly is.

Shelly supported the DICKtator David Miscavige all those years while living a lavish lifestlyle.

With regards to Shelly Miscavige

:whocares:
Be that as it may, where's Shelly is a black eye p.r. disaster for the dwarffenfuhrer and $cientology like people wondering if Katie Holmes would escape. The question of where's Shelly ultimately lead Leah Remini out of $cientology later publishing her New York Times bestseller Troublemaker. I say some good has come from asking where Shelly is.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Be that as it may, where's Shelly is a black eye p.r. disaster for the dwarffenfuhrer and $cientology like people wondering if Katie Holmes would escape. The question of where's Shelly ultimately lead Leah Remini out of $cientology later publishing her New York Times bestseller Troublemaker. I say some good has come from asking where Shelly is.

Agree! The only contribution to mankind Shelly Miscavige has made was to pose the Question from a Helicopter over the Grand Opening of The Stupid Powerz Scientology building in Clearwater, Florida at the Fraud Scam Base...

WHERE'S SHELLY????

Which was really theta cuz it restimulated David Miscavige's overts and withholds and brought out a lot of negative press regarding the evil cult called Scientology.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I have a different take on Shelly Miscavige

As a second generation scientologist raised in the SO as a kid...I consider she didn't have learned the correct social behavior, as a slave kid, an only abusive conduct toward others as an exec being at the top of power line. So I consider abusive behavior from her to be rooted in bad education and mean of surviving in the SO behavior more than cruelty and sociopath personnality. Those personnalities were seen with first generation SO $cientologists who knew they were doing wrong and abusing others, some of them craving for power and authority to make other's life a hell.

I think her life had been miserable as a kid, as an adult who got married to DM and then as a whatever COB secretary or Communicator ...

It has been reported that she often acted as a 'buffer zone'' to temper down DM in his ruthless behavior with SO staff.
Depending of the viewpoint it could have been quite courageous...I don't know!

In the event she is still alive..she certainly is no more than a lost ghost living in hell...and atoning for being an sp....

To me it's sad...a sad outcome ...:confused2:

I would understand, though, anyone who would have encounter any abuse or wrongness from her not having compassion (I can imagine one would have to be a bit...to survive in DM environment)