What's new

Is John Travolta No Longer in Good Standing with COS???

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
It would be odd for public scientologists to shit talk JT. Talking ill of scientology celebrities, or anything they do, is a big no no. I wonder if the reviews saying such things are coming from the OSA shills writing reviews, because I have a hard time thinking a typical public would dare to do such a thing. The typical public who is dutifully writing a review on command is the same type who dutifully saw BFE five times in the theaters because they were commanded to and then raved about how great it was. Coming up with anything negative that's associated with Scientology or it's celebrities is a though crime and will cost them dearly.

So I would have to think the negative JT stuff is coming from on high - and being written by SO. It's long been rumored that DM hates JT and makes gay jokes about him. After BFE I think DM's hate went up 100 times because he wanted to blame JT for the movie being a bomb, instead of the obvious culprits
Can we entertain the idea that perhaps Travolta is already leaving and DM knowing this is being proactive in trying to destroy Travolta's reputation?

Hell, character assassination before an announcement that he has left would only strengthen scientology's sure-to-be story of being disenchanted with Travolta for a long time. Maybe they're trying to get ahead of the ball so to speak. Just a thought.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Can we entertain the idea that perhaps Travolta is already leaving and DM knowing this is being proactive in trying to destroy Travolta's reputation?

Hell, character assassination before an announcement that he has left would only strengthen scientology's sure-to-be story of being disenchanted with Travolta for a long time. Maybe they're trying to get ahead of the ball so to speak. Just a thought.

Your theory sounds very plausible.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

"So whattdya say,
should we clean this place up?"

29aa1e24-a309-4989-bd5f-d2cd43c6a8dc_zpsv9a3shvt.png

"Yessir! I'm on already on it, sir!"

"Oh gee, which one did I clean my teeth with? Gotta be careful here, the other one cleaned my ass..."

The_Fixer

Class Clown
It would be odd for public scientologists to shit talk JT. Talking ill of scientology celebrities, or anything they do, is a big no no. I wonder if the reviews saying such things are coming from the OSA shills writing reviews, because I have a hard time thinking a typical public would dare to do such a thing. The typical public who is dutifully writing a review on command is the same type who dutifully saw BFE five times in the theaters because they were commanded to and then raved about how great it was. Coming up with anything negative that's associated with Scientology or it's celebrities is a though crime and will cost them dearly.

So I would have to think the negative JT stuff is coming from on high - and being written by SO. It's long been rumored that DM hates JT and makes gay jokes about him. After BFE I think DM's hate went up 100 times because he wanted to blame JT for the movie being a bomb, instead of the obvious culprits: a book that nothing good could ever come from and DM's own non-stop meddling and input. The fact is DM created that godawful film and he will blame anyone but himself for the disaster. (I still love stories about how DM raved about the movie the night he saw it, and how quickly he back tracked praise when the entire world laughed at it.)

I don't think JT has ever been in DM's good graces, but I think DM hated him even more after BFE because he was a reminder of DM's own failure. I'd almost bet that the "throw JT and the film" under the bus is a direct order based on DM's rantings when the program was discussed. I can't really imagine it any other way. Public scientologists aren't brave enough to publicly post any entheta about JT or that movie, esp when they know the cult is closely reading every word posted on those reviews.

I do find it really odd that the tackled this stinker book for a re-release. The mockery and horrible stench of the movie will always being attached to the title, so why did that shit up and pour millions into rereleasing the book? I can only think it's one of the very few novels DM has ever read so he thinks its top shelf? Probably a bunch of crap written by Hubbard demanding his awful book be promoted endlessly every 10 years or so to create tidal waves of new members. LOL.

Hubbard wrote a fuckton of awful books, so why pick this one for re-release given that it's a major lolcow of the internet? Could it be that none of Hubbard's books have stood the test of time and Battlefield Earth is the best one they have to reach modern audiences? It was written in 1980, but Hubbard's cringe inducing, cheesy prose is still firmly stuck in the worst pulp writing of the 1930's aimed firmly at adolescent boys.

Thanks for all that Bunny. Never knew most of that.
Written in 1980? Wow, pretty stupid book especially for the 80s.
Also never knew that DM hates JT. Thought he was the sacred Apostle there.

Learn something new every day.

Just a guess here, but if JT ever bailed, I assume that Kelly would ditch him if she is a total Koolaid drinker?

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just a guess here, but if JT ever bailed, I assume that Kelly would ditch him if she is a total Koolaid drinker?

Written in 1980, but due to a temporal anomaly, the author's brain was trapped in the 1940s.

misty

I saw an interview with Lisa Marie Presley after. Michael Jackson died.....she said she was unaware of his death until John Travolta called her....not her mother but John Travolta...
Lisa Marie said her and John are very close.....
Maybe she has gotten him thinking and he started to ask questions and the leader of Scientology is trying to make mockery out of him

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

If you go back on Marty Rathbun's blog he goes into great detail about the Battlefield Earth fiasco and DM's hate of JT. Rathbun was there and posted about how DM micromanaged the movie, watching and critiquing all the daily rushes, during filming. He talked about how exciting and exuberant DM was after the premier (calling JT and congratulating him, calling it the greatest movie evar!) and how fast his tune changed when the movie became the laughing stock of the western world. Very entertaining reading, and just goes to show what god awful taste DM has, but because he is surrounded by SO yes men and ass kissers the only way he is made aware of this awfulness is when the wider world gets to see it. (This is why all of DM's speeches and public appearances are now so carefully shielded from non-scientologists and the cult tries their hardest to keep his speeches off the net.)

Without DM's daily meddling and demands BE would have been a very different movie, it couldn't be any worse so you just have to assume it would have been better without DM's terrible input.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Without DM's daily meddling and demands BE would have been a very different movie, it couldn't be any worse so you just have to assume it would have been better without DM's terrible input.

Given a good producer, director, and some writers, they could have taken the basic idea (Earth invaded, humanity defeated and enslaved, some time later somebody figures out a way to rise up and beat the aliens) and made it into something that audiences would like. They would have had to toss much of Hubbard's book, but they could have made a decent movie out of the idea.

But I agree with you, with DM in control, there was no way it would NOT have turned into a disaster.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Given a good producer, director, and some writers, they could have taken the basic idea (Earth invaded, humanity defeated and enslaved, some time later somebody figures out a way to rise up and beat the aliens) and made it into something that audiences would like.

Yeah, I wondered about that.

Maybe you're right, as long as they could take some degree of creative liberty with the "source" material.

For example, let's consider a Battlefield Earth motion pictures where Scorcese & DeNiro teamed up...

1ba41edc1f9b1f03251b4d46a35852fa.jpg

You talkin' to me, ratbrain?

Terril park

Sponsor
Given a good producer, director, and some writers, they could have taken the basic idea (Earth invaded, humanity defeated and enslaved, some time later somebody figures out a way to rise up and beat the aliens) and made it into something that audiences would like. They would have had to toss much of Hubbard's book, but they could have made a decent movie out of the idea.

But I agree with you, with DM in control, there was no way it would NOT have turned into a disaster.

Independence Day is a good example. Sequel here im Britland shortly.

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
I saw an interview with Lisa Marie Presley after. Michael Jackson died.....she said she was unaware of his death until John Travolta called her....not her mother but John Travolta...
Lisa Marie said her and John are very close.....
Maybe she has gotten him thinking and he started to ask questions and the leader of Scientology is trying to make mockery out of him

Welcome Misty. Are you an ex or a never-in? In any case all are welcome. There's no better way to learn the inner workings of Scientology than from those who were there and there are so many here who you can learn from who were deep in the craziness for decades. If you were never in then let me say, let the journey begin!

Leland

Crusader
I'm to lazy to research it. Were the Art Director.....Set Designer, Costume Designer....all Cult members?

Someone high up, must have signed off on the "look" of the film. Including (cod piece fetish?)

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Yeah, I wondered about that.

Maybe you're right, as long as they could take some degree of creative liberty with the "source" material.

For example, let's consider a Battlefield Earth motion pictures where Scorcese & DeNiro teamed up...

1ba41edc1f9b1f03251b4d46a35852fa.jpg

You talkin' to me, ratbrain?

Maybe they were approached. :confused2:

Likely they would have looked at each other and said, "Let's get the fuck out of here!"... and shot past Speedy Gonzales along the way?

Well, that's what I'd like to think..