What's new

OT Wins thread!!!

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Oh my lord...... you must be a masochist.....

Oh, come on TF, millions of people all over the world love cricket, although with this dumbed-down, limited-over, 'bang the ball out of the park' crap like the IPL I don't know why they don't just take up baseball.

There are a few of us over here that have pretty much zero interest in the cricket of footy of any description.
A few eh? :biggrin:

School cured my interest for good.

I played rugby at school old boy. :biggrin:

I'm more into individual pursuits like sailboarding, sailing, rock climbing, etc.

Before we moved to Sydney, I was looking into kite boarding/surfing.

That is where my interests tend to be. Macho ball games are as dull as LRH's singing.

Whatever floats yer boat (pun intended).

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, come on TF, millions of people all over the world love cricket, although with this dumbed-down, limited-over, 'bang the ball out of the park' crap like the IPL I don't know why they don't just take up baseball.

A few eh? :biggrin:

I played rugby at school old boy. :biggrin:

Whatever floats yer boat (pun intended).

I keep telling my Desi friends that cricket is an English colonialist joke on them, they just haven't caught on yet. The Irish did the same to the Scots with golf. :yes:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I find crickets in my yard. They only play until the cat shows up. Game over. What brutality !

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Oh yes I did!

:neener:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
That was with me, thank her for saying so!
And with all her sexual "coveting" energy tractor beams she wrapped around me,
she pulled off reams and reams of squiggle clusters off and out of my space and spared me the very same $1,250,000 Oat Tee 3 hee hee and beyond "case" I'd have had to otherwise run out!
Mischievous little buggers they are, got me declared too.
Drum roll - Now we know what the term "cluster fuck" means.:coolwink:

CORRECTION - OT 3 gets 3 Hee's, like Hee Hee Hee.
OT 4 gets Hee Hee Hee Hee and so one...
So the farther you go, the funnier it gets! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Glenda

Crusader
So much win here!

Yesterday I bought a small fridge. The shop I bought it from offers free trailer hire to get larger purchases home. I had not driven a car towing a trailer for many many years so don't have a lot of experience towing.

I had a friend with me and she said "just drive, the trailer will follow the car." So I did and the trailer did and we got the fridge home. Woo hoo. Then I drove the trailer back to the shop and the trailer followed the car.

I most definitely want other people to have similar wins. If I had two baked bean cans the same size in the house, I'd hold one in each hand, and attest. :happydance:

strativarius

So much win here!

Yesterday I bought a small fridge. The shop I bought it from offers free trailer hire to get larger purchases home. I had not driven a car towing a trailer for many many years so don't have a lot of experience towing.

I had a friend with me and she said "just drive, the trailer will follow the car." So I did and the trailer did and we got the fridge home. Woo hoo. Then I drove the trailer back to the shop and the trailer followed the car.

I most definitely want other people to have similar wins. If I had two baked bean cans the same size in the house, I'd hold one in each hand, and attest. :happydance:

How weird is that? Normally merchants who sell appliances like that deliver it, either for free or for a small charge instead of putting the customer through all that hassle. Cars? Trailers? Return the trailer? It's just plain nuts!

But well-done on pulling it off though darlin'.

Glenda

Crusader
How weird is that? Normally merchants who sell appliances like that deliver it, either for free or for a small charge. Cars? Trailers? Return the trailer? Nuts!

But well-done on pulling it off though darlin'.

Yeah, similar businesses usually do deliver. It is very generous of this business to provide a trailer like this. You simply pay a small deposit which you get back when you return the trailer. There is a lot of trust involved. I live in small(ish) community that tends to do things "our way". I really really like living in a place where good old-fashioned trust, and similar, matters.

The other day I had another win related to small-town living. The technician was in my new abode installing the internet connection. I mentioned the gas wasn't connected. He said "oh you need to talk to Steve..." Next thing I've got Steve's phone number and I'm arranging a time for him to do the final connection stuff later that afternoon.

Very oat tee stuff. Nah. Just the joy of living in a smaller community where people know each other. :)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
So much win here!

Lol :biggrin: You made my day!

'' just drive the car and the trailer will follow''

Your friend is just total cause over mest -no consideration- defiant and resolute. :yes:

Hey Sister, I didn't have such OT win for the first and only attemp to drive my car with a trailer attached :no:

Can you imagine,
my first maneuver was to back up while turning in the drive way
It took about half an hour
I ended up with a rock slam :biggrin:

I think men & women brains are different :biggrin:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I type shit on my keyboard and by my gargantuan powers it is made to appear right in front of your very eyes!

AN68NFl.gif

Glenda

Crusader

Your friend is just total cause over mest -no consideration- defiant and resolute. :yes:

Hey Sister, I didn't have such OT win for the first and only attemp to drive my car with a trailer attached :no:

Can you imagine,

"Defiant and resolute" she is. We get along just fine. :biggrin:

OMG you tried to back a trailer? A Goddess in our midst. I bow in your general direction. :bow:

My friend and I had the "how the hell do you back a trailer?" conversation before we picked up the trailer yesterday. She shared her backing-a-trailer story and we had a moments silence in honour of the fence she had damaged during that dreadful episode .

It was resolutely decided that unless I wanted to thoroughly humiliate myself in front of several hundred Saturday morning shoppers, "the way forward" did not involve backing. Several comments were made about pushing the damn thing ourselves (up my driveway) if required. It was agreed this was wise. It was also agreed that this was "best practice" to ensure the fence remained in the correct place. :)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
"Defiant and resolute" she is. We get along just fine. :biggrin:

OMG you tried to back a trailer? A Goddess in our midst. I bow in your general direction. :bow:

:no: Don't bow sis

pushing the damn thing ourselves (up my driveway) if required. It was agreed this was wise. It was also agreed that this was "best practice" to ensure the fence remained in the correct place. :)

:roflmao:

This is what I too did.... :nervous::blush:

I was supposed to park it in his driveway for him to put back gardening rototiller to be returned to the rental store..the trailer was small about 5''

Since I didn't catch we must back up the car the opposite side we want to move the trailer , I did it manually , trying to avoid my brother see me doing it..but he just got out at this exact time saw me, and did this..

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:unsure:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Can you imagine,

Rock slam! :roflmao:

That's a great way of putting it!

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lotus!
You win the thread. :cheers2:
Reversing up a trailer into a driveway. Even attempting to reverse a trailer up a driveway. Awesomeness.
I'd pay the 5 year old boy next door to do it for me, because it just isn't going to happen. Even if I draw pictures and a point-by-point action plan, it wouldn't end well.

For the guys reading this thread with bent eyebrows. Yes, you have done. No you don't win the thread. Women understand.

Glenda

Crusader
Lotus!
Reversing up a trailer into a driveway. Even attempting to reverse a trailer up a driveway. Awesomeness.
I'd pay the 5 year old boy next door to do it for me, because it just isn't going to happen. Even if I draw pictures and a point-by-point action plan, it wouldn't end well.

For the guys reading this thread with bent eyebrows. Yes, you have done. No you don't win the thread. Women understand.

Yeah! ESMB [STRIKE]OT[/STRIKE] Goddess of the Year award goes to...

For her uncompromising commitment to making it go right - and never backing off from backing a trailer....

Lotus! (rowdy clapping here______)

Speech! Speech! Lotus? Wake up! Speech! :p

The_Fixer

Class Clown

For her uncompromising commitment to making it go right - and never backing off from backing a trailer....

I think she also wins the prize for turning a 5 foot trailer into a 3 foot one in record time?

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lotus!

I got one of these when I was 4.

293.jpg

Is this one of the advantages of growing up redneck? :eyeroll:

strativarius

I've had a driver's licence since I was 17 and in all those years since then I've never had to reverse a trailer anywhere. I think you just figure out what seems to be the intuitive action to take (if that isn't gobbledegook) and then do exactly the opposite, but I've never had to try it. Fair play to anyone who has. :thumbsup:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I've had a driver's licence since I was 17 and in all those years since then I've never had to reverse a trailer anywhere. I think you just figure out what seems to be the intuitive action to take (if that isn't gobbledegook) and then do exactly the opposite, but I've never had to try it. Fair play to anyone who has. :thumbsup:

In my youth, I learned to drive a tractor-trailer on my own. I spent a lot of time practicing backing up a trailer into all kinds of spots in a shipping yard.

It is like riding a bike; once you get the knack, you don't forget.

Take a box and push it; notice the force you need to apply on it to move in one direction or another. That is like backing up a trailer. Just think of your towing rig as being yourself pushing on the trailer.

Always arrange to start your back-up with the trailer on your driver's side. Try to use as little angle as possible when backing. As you are backing up, you chase the trailer; trying to keep as small an angle as possible between your rig and the trailer. Usually a large angle is only necessary to position a trailer in an odd spot,

It is much easier to back up a 40 foot trailer than a 5 footer because the smaller unit swings rapidly while the larger one is relatively slow to change.

:write: