What's new

The 'Diana' formerly the 'Enchantress'

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
The old High Winds magazines used to publish some.

w7zfp3.jpg

Hah. I just had a video run in my mind of Chick Corea doing this in his style. :nervous:

JustSheila

Crusader
I can't emphasize this enough;

These dreams, in addition to happening all in one night, were WAY more intense than any other dreams I had EVER had up to that point. They were in full color, high resolution mode that I had heretofore never seen. I woke up absolutely flabbergasted. Both times!

I attributed it to my current studies of a much more powerful esoteric tradition than our former cult taking over my sub-consciousness.

Winning intense dreams are awesome! I haven't had one of those in years. In color, too? Only - what is it - 1 out of 4 or so people dream in color. Cool!

IMHO, there are far more basic concepts and certainly far more truth outside scn than within it. No wonder that in your invasion of Big Blue dream, nobody stood a chance! :laugh: Superior weapons, right? :lol:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Winning intense dreams are awesome! I haven't had one of those in years. In color, too? Only - what is it - 1 out of 4 or so people dream in color. Cool!

It was frickin' exhilarating! And it seemed to illustrate a sort of breakthrough where I didn't think in Scientology terms nearly as much as I did anymore.

IMHO, there are far more basic concepts and certainly far more truth outside scn than within it. No wonder that in your invasion of Big Blue dream, nobody stood a chance! :laugh: Superior weapons, right? :lol:

LOL! I didn't think of that, but you're right! We had MP 5's and berretta 9 mils, and the black pajama guys had AK 47's. Durable, but not as controllable and accurate.

I'm going to have to dig through my several volumes of dream journals to find these two specific dreams, and see if time has revealed anything else about them.

Want to hear another funny one? At first, I didn't get the symbolism of the Bridge from the second dream. Duh! I guess I was just so blown away with the Tarot symbolism in it that I overlooked the cult's metaphors.

And, I should mention, I noticed this when I posted these dreams on this board for the first time a few years ago.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I pretty much covered the main points of my Diana adventure already, Jewels.

OK, let me see.

One time, rockin' and rollin' around in the Atlantic on the way to Charleston, I was in the wheel house, holding on for dear life when Mason noticed a sail bag lashed to the forward mast was coming loose.

Understand that when I say 'rockin' and rollin' I mean this bucket was pitching (up and down) a good 20 degrees, and rolling right to left nearly 45 degrees! This heavy, steel hulled, wide beam design was not very stable on the longitudinal (front to back) axis. Hence the earlier story of having to bungee myself in my bunk that was on the far right side of the hull.

Waves were breaking over the bow, even though it was an exceptionally high one, designed for heavy seas, leaving several inches of water to ship back and drain out of the scuppers every few seconds. This was what was pulling the sail bag loose.

It wasn't even my watch, but I got selected to go outside and re-secure the bag. Understand that if I got thrown overboard, the chances of them finding me and pulling me back aboard were pretty slim. It's something I never imagined would be so hard until I was in the situation, then it was clear how dangerous it was.

You see, you would get light on your feet as the boat dropped from a crest, and with water flowing down the deck, you had to hold on to not loose your traction, and get thrown around. If you lost your grip, you would then have the rails to save you, but if it was during one of the really big ones, that would bury the deck in three or four feet of water, this might not be enough to keep you from being swept overboard.

I would have tied a line around myself if I'd been given the chance. It just shows you how much regard Harry Mason had for people other than himself.

So, with the two guys who were on watch watching from the safety of the dry pilot house, I went out there and tied off the sailbag. I had to let go between onslaughts to tie knots, but the timing of the waves were fairly predictable, so I was always holding on tight when the water hit and tried to take me with it. I was so young, dumb, and full of come that I had fun doing it.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
<snip>​
It wasn't even my watch, but I got selected to go outside and re-secure the bag. Understand that if I got thrown overboard, the chances of them finding me and pulling me back aboard were pretty slim. It's something I never imagined would be so hard until I was in the situation, then it was clear how dangerous it was.

You see, you would get light on your feet as the boat dropped from a crest, and with water flowing down the deck, you had to hold on to not loose your traction, and get thrown around. If you lost your grip, you would then have the rails to save you, but if it was during one of the really big ones, that would bury the deck in three or four feet of water, this might not be enough to keep you from being swept overboard.

I would have tied a line around myself if I'd been given the chance.
<snip>​

Needless to say, when expecting foul weather most knowledgeable seamen have already had line on deck bow to stern so that in heavy weather a crew member can clip his tethered harness onto the line and move about on deck knowing he can't be swept overboard - slapped around some for sure but not washed overboard !

Not having that precaution in place reveals the ineptness of the captain of the vessel.

There is much wisdom in the old saying " know who you go to sea with ".

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Needless to say, when expecting foul weather most knowledgeable seamen have already had line on deck bow to stern so that in heavy weather a crew member can clip his tethered harness onto the line and move about on deck knowing he can't be swept overboard - slapped around some for sure but not washed overboard !

No lines on deck. At least not any rigged that you could clip a tethered harness onto, which btw, we didn't have either.

ot having that precaution in place reveals the ineptness of the captain of the vessel.

There is much wisdom in the old saying " know who you go to sea with ".

Aye.

Margaret

Patron
Hell, the GI was always the main target of any mission. That was by far the most important goal. Putting us all on the purif while making some of us eat cold beans and rice was just a means to an end. Hubbard probably thought this would motivate people to make more money, and pump the poisons out that are keeping them from doing it.

Now that I think about it, it must have been '79, not '80 when this mission ran. And it was the winter, so this December mission could be it.

Does anyone know when the purif was introduced to the public? It would be shortly after this period.

I seem to remember the Purif coming out in 1979 before that there was the sweat program also I think in 1979 or late 1978.

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Does anyone know when the purif was introduced to the public? It would be shortly after this period.

I'm not sure when the Purification Rundown was released for public consumption, but I was staff at Publications Org US located in the old Services Building in Big Blue. It was Sept. 1979 when I was "recovered" on an S.O. Veterans Return Program. The Purif was piloted on PAC staff around November 1979 (to the best of my recollection) and I was one of those staff on the pilot. The public release must have been early 1980, I'm guessing.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I'm not sure when the Purification Rundown was released for public consumption, but I was staff at Publications Org US located in the old Services Building in Big Blue. It was Sept. 1979 when I was "recovered" on an S.O. Veterans Return Program. The Purif was piloted on PAC staff around November 1979 (to the best of my recollection) and I was one of those staff on the pilot. The public release must have been early 1980, I'm guessing.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist

That would fit. I was finished with the purif when John Lennon was shot, which was December, 1980. I thought it was winter, early 1080 when ASHO staff started doing it. It was explained to us as a pilot program, also.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
I did a mission in 87 to check into the possibility of refitting the Diana. It was dry docked just north of FLAG. It was my first "Int" mission. Very top secret stuff.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I did a mission in 87 to check into the possibility of refitting the Diana. It was dry docked just north of FLAG. It was my first "Int" mission. Very top secret stuff.

SCIENTOLOGY RULE #1: Everything in Scientology is very top secret stuff. Everything!

WARNING: I THINK I FEEL A RANT COMING ON.......lol............

Scieno-Scenario: It's 1983. A Sea Org missionaire returns from their super secret overseas mission and reports for their "de-briefing".

GO EXEC
So, did you accomplish your mission orders?

MISSIONAIRE
Yessir!

GO EXEC
Okay, then give me the secret envelope you
picked up with the secret thing in it.

MISSIONIRE
(hands over heavily taped and
wax-sealed manilla envelope)

Yessir, here it is sir!

GO EXEC
Did you encounter any difficulties?

MISSIONAIRE
No sir. Well, when I ran into any counter-intention
sir, I handled it per my mission orders and it
resolved the situation.

GO EXEC
You ran into counter-intention?

MISSIONAIRE
Yessir! But it was fully handled sir!

GO EXEC
(now opening envelope)
I need the details. What happened?

MISSIONAIRE
It was nothing sir. Just that when I switched
my disguise and passport and switched trains
in Bucharest, someone tried to use a bolt cutters
to steal the briefcase with Ron's million dollars
in cash.

GO EXEC
I'm not asking about the weekly cash laundering, I'm
asking about your top secret envelope!

MISSIONAIRE
Pardon me sir. Yessir. The envelope. They also
tried to steal the envelope. So I pushed them off
the train. They fell under the wheels and got crushed
to death but I don't think anyone could hear their screaming.

GO EXEC
Very well done, but at any time was the contents
of the envelope compromised? Did anyone see what
was inside of it?

MISSIONAIRE
No sir, I don't even know what was in that envelope!

GO EXEC
(finishes opening envelope;
pulls something out)

Well now that you delivered it,
I suppose there's no harm in
me showing it to you.

MISSIONAIRE
(takes, stares at it)
It's an old tin of shoe polish
from Czechoslovakia.
I don't get it.

GO EXEC
Well, LRH heard they made really
good shoe polish before World War II
and he could perceive that the luster
on his belt was not quite as shiny
as the luster on a naval admiral's belt.
So, he sent a mission to anonymously purchase
it and courier it back to him though totally secure lines.

MISSIONAIRE
Why would it have to be totally confidential?
I mean, it's shoe polish.

GO EXEC
LRH didn't brief us on why it was vital
to keep confidential. We'll all get that
data when we are further up the grade chart.

MISSIONAIRE
So that's why I murdered that guy on the train?
For shoe polish?

GO EXEC
Yes. Don't worry about it, I won't forget
forget to send a commendation to your ethics file.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Artifacts no doubt eh, surprised cult didn't turn it into part of shooper-dooper-powaz museum thing.. oh nm, where is she now, was that determined yet in a page I've not read? No idea.

brb trying to catch up,

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Artifacts no doubt eh, surprised cult didn't turn it into part of shooper-dooper-powaz museum thing.. oh nm, where is she now, was that determined yet in a page I've not read? No idea.

brb trying to catch up,
No, the Diana's fate hasn't been determined in this thread.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
What about the Athena?

not much, it was as someone said an old fishing boat, moored in Copenhagen used as a base vessel for the FOLO.

Actually old trawlers can be converted quite well to other uses. During the North Sea Oil and gas boom many trawlers were taken out of fishing (a way for the companies to shrink their fleets while getting paid for it) and converted to rig standby vessels. Safety regulations at that time required that every platform had to have a boat standing by for rescue purposes. The boats were kitted out with supplies and the fish holds converted to emergency berthing and a medical emergency room. Every regular in any company had to spend one trip a year on rig stand by (the usual "tour" was a month) we all hated it because the pay just sucked and it was as boring as hell. About the only fun was riding the diving winch up to the rig sometimes to watch movies and TV in the lounge on the rig for few hours and eat steak.