What's new

A story of Disconnection, neglect and suicide in scientology

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I'm sorry to hear about your grandson, Fixer. :bigcry:

But I have to say, I am absolutely ELATED to hear that your son is finally doing well. :happydance: You've spent years struggling at this and I know it has been emotionally painful. So much time and effort. You and your spouse deserve to have a smooth, easy time and worked hard for it. Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful holiday this year. You deserve it.

=============

As for those suffering from disconnection this year, I am so sorry, and hope that you find some joy in sharing the love and friendship of others this holiday season. I hope it won't be much longer before we create enough pressure on COS to break down that wall and barrier so that you and others can be reunited with your loved ones soon.

Thanks Sheila, I appreciate that.

Only saw your post today. I'm not around here all that much these days, busy with other things.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
:thumbsup:

ESMB has got talent. True talent expressing the truth in so few words. One of the best poems I have ever read.

Grrr how did that get in here?
I meant to quote the following:

umbo Bungo's tyrannical rage spewed
Volcanic gas from deep in his ass
In his wretched breath I foundered
A fondued fool for a flogging
At Jumbo Bungo's Flotilla's Command

Odorous ex church of mine
Odious a funny money sign
Legions of dreams undermined
Beneath shattered illusion & financial bind

Clustered clams, shiny shucked & depearled
Buttered & steamed feast mad fishers of souls
Their oyster was our world

The way out is the way out
The way through is the way further in

Oh, you preferred the previous version.
The problem that I'm up against is the 500 word maximum that's been set by the mods and as the poem continues to breath and evolve the words get changed and unfortunately lots has had to be deleted.
And as I really just feel like I'm channeling all of this rather than it being a conscious process, I really can't remember the previous versions as I write it from and by the seat of my pants.
Thanks for showing me the prior version as I'd forgotten it.
I can write it but I'm not as good at evaluating it.
Would it be better if I deleted the last bit about $kull fucking etc. and folded the Jumbo Bungo bit back in?
I might try writing it on a .jpg in Adobe Elements and save it as a .jpg which then won't have any word max and I can add it as my signature as a picture.
But thanks for paying attention!

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This incident involves a murder rather than a suicide, but also shows Scn's disregard for anything but PR.

Details in this thread
http://www.forum.exscn.net/archive/index.php/t-15197.html

Summary: Mark Harrison, HAS NYF in 1983, murdered Judy Heiss. Shortly after the murder, we were told that Mark was caught. He wasn't. He wasn't captured until 1989. My guess as to the reason for the lie was so that people who had info would not go to the police and get involved, under the mistaken notion that he was already caught.

" My guess as to the reason for the lie was so that people who had info would not go to the police and get involved..."

This and how scientology safepoints the LAPD and Clearwater is utterly repugnant. Where are those witnesses/participants of Lisa McPherson's last three days of life (torture).

And what about the extreme pressure that I am sure Rex Fowler was under when he murdered and then tried to commit suicide. Where are his complicit registrars etc. How did the police investigation not follow through on the to the source of Rex's state of mind.

By the grace of God or the power of my own mind, and love for my family I kept going.

It is time for a nationwide investigation by the FBI ...hell a world wide investigation as to the underlying contribution that scientology practices are complicit in these torts.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm starting this thread in this forum as overall it shows the devastation disconnection and 'scientology handling' and the fear of talking causes within familes. It's a harrowing read and there are thousands of stories with the same themes. It happened, it happens, it has to stop.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/09/di...de-scientology-its-even-worse-than-you-think/

Comment:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/09/di...even-worse-than-you-think/#comment-3043959466

Sorry if we got this thread so off track FTS. It is a difficult subject to deal with as there is so much pain, but it so essential to discuss and expose and it goes well hand in hand with Leah Remini and Mike Rinders A&E series. And I am very happy that there will be a Season two of her program.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This incident involves a murder rather than a suicide, but also shows Scn's disregard for anything but PR.

Details in this thread
http://www.forum.exscn.net/archive/index.php/t-15197.html

Summary: Mark Harrison, HAS NYF in 1983, murdered Judy Heiss. Shortly after the murder, we were told that Mark was caught. He wasn't. He wasn't captured until 1989. My guess as to the reason for the lie was so that people who had info would not go to the police and get involved, under the mistaken notion that he was already caught.

I found some archived news reports on Judy's murder, as well as Mark Harrison's criminal record with NYS Corrections and his Parole record. He apparently was arrested in 1984 and convicted of 2nd degree Attempted forgery. Then got out on parole and then was charged and convicted in 1986 of GRAND LARCENY - NOT AUTO 3RD. Then got out and was finally charged /convicted in 1989 of MANSLAUGHTER 1ST Degree for killing Heiss' He got out in 3 years and died a year after going on parole. Very sad they let this guy get such short sentences and a lower charge than murder for killing her. She had her whole life ahead of her and he stole it

Here are more details

NYS Corrections database
Parolee information:
DIN: 89A8609
Name: mark harrison
Date of birth: 5/1/1959
Race / ethnicity: WHITE
Release to parole supervision: 9/21/1998
Parole status: deceased
Effective date: 4/26/1999
Voting pardon issued: No
Offense information (most recent):
Crime of conviction Felony class County of commitment
MANSLAUGHTER 1ST (REV 09/78) b new york
Aggregate Minimum Sentence 0007 Years, 00 Months, 00 Days
Aggregate Maximum Sentence 0014 Years, 00 Months, 00 Days
Earliest Release Date
Earliest Release Type
Parole Hearing Date 03/2000
Parole Hearing Type REAPPEARANCE
Parole Eligibility Date 05/21/1996
Conditional Release Date 09/21/1998
Maximum Expiration Date 05/21/2003
http://www.doccs.ny.gov/paroleelookup/Lookup.aspx?idx=0

Commitment History for HARRISON, MARK
MALE - Born 05/01/1959
As of 08/29/19
The inmate you have chosen has multiple commitments to NYS DOCCS. The commitments are listed below, most recent first. Inmate names are taken from court documents and so may vary.
Click on a DIN to view Inmate Information.
DIN Inmate name Status Facility
89A8609 HARRISON, MARK CR TO PAROLE QUEENSBORO
86D0163 HARRISON, MARK PAR PAROLE MT. MCGREGOR
84A4273 HARRISON, MARK CR TO PAROLE ELMIRA Date
Search DINS for particulars http://nysdoccslookup.doccs.ny.gov/GCA00P00/WIQ2/WINQ120

Copy paste of the OCR text of archived NY Daily News articles on Judy Heiss' murder. Note the name of her roommate, Anilda Lozada. I was in CA during 1983 but I think maybe she was staff at NY Org.

August 20, 1983
A Publisher Extra Newspaper
Daily News from New York, New York · 38
Publication:
Daily News i
Issue Date:
Saturday, August 20, 1983
Page:
Actress strangled in apt. V " " - I lm A - i ! ' ' 1 V s: i i- X i ' i reports that Mark had lived in the five-room apartment with Heiss and her roommate, school teacher Anilda Lozada, and that the couple had fought after the women told him to move out POLICE DECLINED to list Mark as a suspect, and said they only wanted to question him. "It's too early in the investigation," a detective said. "We're still talking with all her friends and neighbors." Detectives also were questioning workmen who had been installing storm windows in the building Thursday. The slim, curly-haired actress was found when Lozada returned to the apartment at about 8:10 p.m. Thursday. She was fully clothed and lying face up in the living room, police said. . "We didn't find any evidence of robbery and there was no sign of forced entry," according to Detective Lt James Cowan of the Midtown North station, indicating Heiss may have known her killer. Neighbor Graciella Lopez, who usually greeted Heiss on the stoop of the apartment building when the actress came home from work, said she did not see her Thursday night But, she said, she heard "one long, long scream" come from the sixth floor at about 4:30 p.m., not quite four hours before the body was discovered. HEISS WORKED in television in Chicago before coming to New York to make commercials and play minor -parts in soap operas. Her apartment building, occupied largely by actors and actresses, is located in Theater Row, across the street from Manhattan Plaza, a federally subsidized complex for performing artists. In between acting jobs, she worked as a barmaid at Amy's Pub on Ninth Ave. Another barmaid there, Linda DaGrossa, said the slain woman was "very nice and very ambitious professionally. She worked here for about three years."
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/486399136/

By JOHN RANDAZZO and BRIAN KATES A 37-year-old actress was found strangled with an electric cord in the living room of her apartment on the West Side's Theater Row, police said yesterday. Detectives yesterday were seeking to question the boyfriend of Judy Heiss, who was found dead in her sixth floor walk-up at 413 W. 43d St, where she had lived since moving from Chicago six years ago. Her boyfriend, whom police would identify only as a slim, sandy-haired man named Mark, was seen with her on the day of her death, and neighbors said they had quarreled. "We saw her Thursday morning and she looked quite upset," said one tenant who asked not to be identified. "She had been arguing with her boyfriend over the weekend." Detectives were investigating JL Jl-.jM.V. jfc. Judy Heiss found dead In her apartment

Judy Heiss strangled with electric cord In her apartment.
POLICE DECLINED to list Mark as a suspect, and said they only wanted to question him. "It's too early in the investigation," a detective said. "We're still talking with all her friends and neighbors." Detectives also were questioning workmen who had been installing storm windows in the building Thursday. The slim, curly-haired actress was found when Lozada returned to the apartment at about 8:10 p.m. Thursday. She was fully clothed and lying face up in the living room, police said. "We didn't find any evidence of robbery and there was no sign of forced entry," according to Detective Lt. James Cowan of the Midtown North station, indicating Heiss may have known her killer. Neighbor Graciella Lopez, who usually greeted Heiss on the stoop of the apartment building when the actress came home from work, said she [..]
Judy Heiss strangled with electric cord In her apartment.
[..] did not see her Thursday night. But, she said, she heard "one long, long scream" come from the sixth floor at about 4:30 p.m., not quite four hours before the body was discovered. Heiss worked in television in Chicago before coming to New York to make commercials and play minor parts in soap operas. Her apartment building, occupied largely by actors and actresses, is in Theater Row, across the street from Manhattan Plaza, a federally subsidized complex for performing artists. In between acting jobs, she worked as a barmaid at Amy's Pub on Ninth Ave. Another barmaid there, Linda DaGrossa, said the slain woman was "very nice and very ambitious professionally. She worked here for about three years."
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/486398958/

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Then got out and was finally charged /convicted in 1989 of MANSLAUGHTER 1ST Degree for killing Heiss' He got out in 3 years and died a year after going on parole. Very sad they let this guy get such short sentences and a lower charge than murder for killing her. She had her whole life ahead of her and he stole it
Most likely it was a plea bargain. They would have tried to convict him of murder if they thought they had enough evidence to definitely prove he killed her.And I doubt the Org was willing to be helpful in the investigation, or admit Mark was an executive there.

If the prosecutors were uncertain that a jury would be convinced it was him who killed her, to the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt", then they might offer a plea bargain for a lesser charge. And if Mark was uncertain whether the jury would NOT convict him, he would take the bargain.

Such is how the criminal justice system works.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Most likely it was a plea bargain. They would have tried to convict him of murder if they thought they had enough evidence to definitely prove he killed her.And I doubt the Org was willing to be helpful in the investigation, or admit Mark was an executive there.

If the prosecutors were uncertain that a jury would be convinced it was him who killed her, to the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt", then they might offer a plea bargain for a lesser charge. And if Mark was uncertain whether the jury would NOT convict him, he would take the bargain.

Such is how the criminal justice system works.

Oh, I agree.