What's new

Part 2 -How many people went Type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

phenomanon

Canyon
Re: How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

I thought this thread along with the ' criminal timeline of Scientology' which I couldn't find would be good to bring to the fore as educational for our newer active members.
Actually ESMB is huge repository of practically all aspects of scientology including people who worked with LRH and David Miscavige under whose watch all this occurred and dare I say continues to this day.

These 'breaks' were occurring all along. DM is following L Ron Hubbard's 'tek'. DM did not write the 'tek' on how to handle psychotic breaks.
One I remember from the mid-50s was when Bobby Sutton ( a graduate of the 3rd ++ clinical course) shot Buzzy Boone. Buzzy was a DJ in Phoenix and was a scn'ist. Bobby told me that he shot Buzzy "and laid in the engram" by standing over Buzzy and saying " you are going to die".
Dm wasn't even born.
LRH had a "black list". I can prove it by early letters in LRH's own hand referring to his "black list".
It wasn't until early 1970 that LRH ran a 'pilot program' on the Apollo, wherein he isolated a number of Staff, and then wrote his "breakthrough" about how to 'cure' psychotics. Give the Devil his due. It is Hubbard who wrote this shit policy, and the "tek" to implement it. Not DM.

phenomanon

Canyon
Re: How many people went type III in your org?

Mine in bold

That comment of yours meet , in a way, what I think of the cause of $cientology (as a terrible cult producing horrific results)

There was a man, who suffered mental illness he knew about and needed help. He demanded this help. he didn't get it..
His condition was soon to evolve from neurosis to psychosis...the man would never forgive this denial of help and would grow a vengeful war against his now perceived ennemis. He drove in thousand of people and his megalomania temper grew up as fast as the number of his followers , the amount of money he sucked in, the admiration and fame they granted him...

The psychotic untreated poor man who was adulated like a god but was just a fearful, terrified poor human being struggling with his demons....who tried to make some magic esoteric secret out of it...and be paid for...

Conclusion: When you have an untreated psychotic boosted with thousands of followers who found a guru in him, and revere the mystery of his fabulations...It sucks...

You are too kind, Babygirl.
Hubbard believed that he was Master of the Universe until, apparently, on his deathbed his 'life passes before him' and he realizes he is just a piece of Earth trash.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

These 'breaks' were occurring all along. DM is following L Ron Hubbard's 'tek'. DM did not write the 'tek' on how to handle psychotic breaks.
One I remember from the mid-50s was when Bobby Sutton ( a graduate of the 3rd ++ clinical course) shot Buzzy Boone. Buzzy was a DJ in Phoenix and was a scn'ist. Bobby told me that he shot Buzzy "and laid in the engram" by standing over Buzzy and saying " you are going to die".
Dm wasn't even born.
LRH had a "black list". I can prove it by early letters in LRH's own hand referring to his "black list".
It wasn't until early 1970 that LRH ran a 'pilot program' on the Apollo, wherein he isolated a number of Staff, and then wrote his "breakthrough" about how to 'cure' psychotics. Give the Devil his due. It is Hubbard who wrote this shit policy, and the "tek" to implement it. Not DM.

I just wanted to bold this sentence. :)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

You are too kind, Babygirl.
Hubbard believed that he was Master of the Universe until, apparently, on his deathbed his 'life passes before him' and he realizes he is just a piece of Earth trash.

Yes Phenom...

Prior to fool millions of people..he fooled himself..but that was too late for regrets... :confused2:
He got what he demanded to life!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

When I was on the TTC at St. Hill, at one point I was in ethics and had to do a bit of amends to get out of a lower condition. The OTVII Ethics Officer was dealing with a guy who had been in Scn a decade or more earlier, left, and then came back to get himself handled. She asked me to baby-sit him. I wasn't quite sure what she meant by that, until I saw him. He was brought up to the Purif area, where there was a sauna and shower. This was a separate little make-shift kind of building away from the main castle and manor building. My job was to supervise him while he had a shower, and then babysit him until the Ethics Officer returned with some clothes donated by another Scientologist. He was basically a tramp (I guess the U.S. translation would be 'vagrant'). Matted hair. When he looked at you, his eyes didn't focus properly. There was obviously something seriously wrong with him mentally. But he was nevertheless somewhat compos mentis, although he seemed in a lot of mental or spiritual pain. I chatted with him after his shower, and discovered that he had been an OTIV, Class VI auditor. I asked him what had made him return to the church at this point. His reply was that he "wanted to contribute to the group". I never heard about him again. The OTVII Ethics Officer was, I gather, receiving some resistance from Security, who didn't want him on the property. But she was sufficiently compassionate to want to help him.

W.

That is so very sad.

I told a story here once about when I was doing reception at Saint Hill in 1968. A lady appeared at the door in a state of great distress, she could barely stand up. She told me her husband had just committed suicide and she didn't know what to do and she needed to see the GO. So I rang them and someone came to take her away. I didn't hear another word about it all and at the time presumed she was taken care of. I was so naive. :bigcry:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Dm wasn't even born.

Phenom,
Thanks
Al those precious records of you shall be all put on a thread for historica records. They are so rare (told as it was without any romance) and important.
(before we all are gone an the official history record is revisited ...in a few decades)

By the way, can you enlight me about the RPF???? (either share what you know about it)

I've read recently that It was Hubbard who made a''pilot program'' on the Apollo to implant it
(over the years several indies tried to make Hisself, not responsible for it...or wanting people rehabilitate themselve on it...rehabilitate of what ????)
do you remember people waring a grey piece of tissue on the upper arm..like jews(in nazi germany) would wear stuff to show they don't deserve to be...)

*music*
(the love boat..la la lala la la la..the love boat...)

Love to you
Lotus

phenomanon

Canyon

Phenom,
Thanks
Al those precious records of you shall be all put on a thread for historica records. They are so rare (told as it was without any romance) and important.
(before we all are gone an the official history record is revisited ...in a few decades)

By the way, can you enlight me about the RPF???? (either share what you know about it)

I've read recently that It was Hubbard who made a''pilot program'' on the Apollo to implant it
(over the years several indies tried to make Hisself, not responsible for it...or wanting people rehabilitate themselve on it...rehabilitate of what ????)
do you remember people waring a grey piece of tissue on the upper arm..like jews(in nazi germany) would wear stuff to show they don't deserve to be...)

*music*
(the love boat..la la lala la la la..the love boat...)

Love to you
Lotus

I resigned in 1983. That was on the beginning edge of RTC's Reign.
The first I knew of the RPF was about 1978 or so. That's when I noticed Staff working on the parking lot next door to Bridge. they were wearing grey rags on their sleeves. I spoke to someone I knew and she didn't answer, just looked at me funny. I asked someone about it and they said "O she's in the RPF. I had worked on renos at Big Blue earlier than that, but that the Staff there where I usually was....were RPF didn't register with me.
"Blinded By The Light". LOL.
It's pretty unreal that shit was happening in front of your face and you don't see it. The Left hand didn't know what the Right hand was doing.
Happens to me a lot in the Grocery store. I can walk by an item 2 or 3 times and not even see it.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

That is so very sad.

I told a story here once about when I was doing reception at Saint Hill in 1968. A lady appeared at the door in a state of great distress, she could barely stand up. She told me her husband had just committed suicide and she didn't know what to do and she needed to see the GO. So I rang them and someone came to take her away. I didn't hear another word about it all and at the time presumed she was taken care of. I was so naive. :bigcry:

I suspect she WAS "taken care of". Just not in the way that any of us would have imagined. I love the way that ESMB allows so many fragments of anecdotes to see the light. All of this information would have been lost otherwise.

W.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: Part 2 -How many people went Type III (ie. had a Psyhotic Break) in your org?

Thanks Phenom for your input :wink2:

I found this, written by professor Kent, University of Alberta (canada)
(mostly found in Atack writings))

Organizational Forerunners to the RPF

During the very period when Hubbard wrote about brainwashing in the late 1960s, he also established a number of formal structures within Scientology designed to both punish perceived deviants whose job performances were deficient and train people for necessary jobs that the organization needed. Having been at sea from late 1967 (Atack, 1990: 176-177), Hubbard’s punishment and training programs reflected the needs and conditions of maritime life. On January 4, 1968, for example, Hubbard created what he called the “Mud Box Brigade,” which was a punishment assignment to any Sea Org member whom Hubbard determined was “a freeloader who is loafing on post and drifting with the wind” (quoted in Hubbard, 1976b: 341). The unsavory jobs involved cleaning the area where the ship’s anchors dragged in mud (the mud boxes), along with “fuel lines, water lines, bilges, etc.” (quoted in Hubbard, 1976b: 341). These were difficult, dirty, and somewhat dangerous assignments, but within a few years they would be taken over by inmates in the RPF’s internal punishment program, the RPF’s RPF.

Certainly by early 1969, Hubbard had in place two training projects–the Deck Project Force (DPF) and the Pursers Project Force (PPF), but he abolished them on March 25, 1969 (Hubbard, 1969). Apparently the DPF had trained Sea Org members on various ship duties, and the PPF presumably trained people in areas of ship finance and supply (see Hubbard, 1976b: 429). Likewise, some time before early April, 1972, Hubbard had a training program for household services called the Stewards Project Force (SPF [Hubbard, 1972a; 1976b: 501). He also had a program called the Estates Project Force (EPF), which (as we must reconstruct from a later document), did such work as painting and sweeping (Hubbard, 1977: 1). Until the advent of the RPF, the EPF also received Sea Org members for (what Scientology called) “retreading.” These staff needed constant supervision, were making obvious problems, or were performing their jobs without enthusiasm (i.e., were suffering from “robotism” [Boards of Directors of the Churches of Scientology, 1977: 1]).

I can't count the number of times some indies advocated that the RPF had nothing to do with Hubbard...or either if he knew he would have done something.....:duh:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Dm wasn't even born.

Thank you so much. This kind of evidence, along with the running NEWS reporting in " The Complete Aberree" publication running 1954 until 1965(?) points to the anti- social characteristics and actions of ron extant much earlier than the stated times of the Anderson report, the FDA raid and the introduction of implanted goals.
So very helpful in understanding Scientology before DM was even born.
Did you know Alphia or Agnes Hart?

phenomanon

Canyon

Thank you so much. This kind of evidence, along with the running NEWS reporting in " The Complete Aberree" publication running 1954 until 1965(?) points to the anti- social characteristics and actions of ron extant much earlier than the stated times of the Anderson report, the FDA raid and the introduction of implanted goals.
So very helpful in understanding Scientology before DM was even born.
Did you know Alphia or Agnes Hart?

I knew Alphia to say 'hello', but I didn't have face time with either of them.
The Aberree was a hoot, interesting to read, and as you say, gave some less than pretty anecdotes about the Hub.
Thanks for mentioning it.
We should put out an Ex newsletter. The ESMB Cull" lol.
A project for LA exes..a newsletter "The Cull" passed around , left lying around, put in laundromatBBs and restaurants and shops all around PAC.
I guarantee that it would find its way into many active scn'ists hands.:buzzin::buzzin::buzzin:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I knew Alphia to say 'hello', but I didn't have face time with either of them.
The Aberree was a hoot, interesting to read, and as you say, gave some less than pretty anecdotes about the Hub.
Thanks for mentioning it.
We should put out an Ex newsletter. The ESMB Cull" lol.
A project for LA exes..a newsletter "The Cull" passed around , left lying around, put in laundromatBBs and restaurants and shops all around PAC.
I guarantee that it would find its way into many active scn'ists hands.:buzzin::buzzin::buzzin:

What a woonderful idea

Hypatia

Pagan

When people talk about going exterior after or during Scientology exercises like auditing what they are experiencing is a manifestation of a mental illness.

I am surprised more ex-Scientologists don't recognize or mention the mental changes so common to people who have practiced exercises associated with the human-potential movement.
I don't agree. I think it's like an NDE.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't agree. I think it's like an NDE.

And what is happening to the mind under stresses. Does it form engram's or do neural pathways try to reformulate " understandings" or for that matter what is going on in a type 3 situation or a NDE? Lesions reopened? Facsimiles corrupted? Data banks of stored info wrongly dumped into open pathways.
Altered states of body and mind are not necessarily what our biases may lead us to believe.
One thing we do know is psychosis is non optimal. And NDE probably falls into the mind state where delusions are likely.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Not sure if anything has been previously posted about this person (Likki from the Incredible String Band) but here goes...

This is a series of comments on Mike Rinder's blog from a couple days ago I'm cross-posting over here.

Brian says December 21, 2016 at 10:26 am
Mike, I just thought my story about Likki from the Incredible Stringband would be valuable.
Many baby boomers have wondered what happened to Likki. She performed at Woodstock and was a world wide star.
Thousands have always wondered what happened to her.
She went mad on OT3x. She was a celebrity of great impact. Her story has not been told.
She went from a major Scientology celebrity to a homeless person.
I would love to give her life a voice. The Stringband were responsible for getting 60 % of the entire U.K. staff. They were the major source of dissemination late sixties early seventies.
Her fans have been searching for her for decades.

Brian says December 21, 2016 at 10:30 am
She was my wife. And I saw her slowly go insane on OT3. Just email me if interested. There is stock footage of her performing at Woodstock. She was Chick Corea’s girlfriend. She danced with Paul McCartney at his gala opening for the group Wings.
She was a huge influence in the post hippie culture.
61e4cb6e21ab0bea1e33cec536be85ec
fromcleartoinsanity says
December 21, 2016 at 3:34 pm
So awful Brian…my mom LOVED them, and I think it was a big draw for her and her friends getting in…(btw mom also went mad in Scn and ended up on the streets at OT7) I hope you get to tell Likki’s story. Is she still with us? <3

Brian says December 21, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Sorry to hear about your mom. I know you know, it’s so painfully gut wrenching to watch someone you love go down that far.
The feeling of hopelessness is like a knife in the heart. You just want to love them so much that they snap out of it.
Likki probably needed meds. But that would have been choosing evil as a Scientologist.
The irony is that it was auditing BTs and her loosing grip on reality was the evil.
Towards the end of our connection she was hearing voices. She lost the ability to tell the differences between her own thoughts and imagined beings.
AOLA off loaded her as a liability. That was the betrayal that caused me to wake up and see this diabolical organization for what it was: a great con.
I hated AO for how they treated Likki. I was sooooo angry!!

Brian says December 21, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Only rumors regarding her where abouts.
Likki if you are still out there it’s OK to show up now. They can’t hurt you.
The tables have turned. Contact Mike and contact me

Last edited by a moderator:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Another painful story, straight away from ''OT phenomenas, wins and gains...'' ; a lost soul gone in despair, expelled form reality , here on earth, straight into a delluded psychosic pseudo reality space opera....

There are so much...it's like a hall of horror alive museum
We are all walked deep into the spiritual death row of $cientology processes :unsure:

And all of what we know, stories we have read are just the tip of the iceberg :duh:

Most of people who lost it, either commited suicide, dispapeared , vanished, have gone homeless,
they must be discared without sorrow...

Wikipedia

LICORICE McKECHNIE: Last seen in 1987 hitchhiking across the Arizona Desert. Not even her family has heard from her since. Rose (Simpson): " . . . There's a possibility she may be dead."[2]

The following message had been posted on this board by an ESMB member

There has been a thread about her

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?4879-Licorice-quot-Likkie-quot-McKechnie&p=91981&viewfull=1#post91981

13 may 2008
As far as I can tell, she doesn't really want to be found, so I'm not going to give away anything about her whereabouts on a public forum, but I'm pretty confident that I've located her. Unless I'm quite mistaken, she's still living in California, and quite content with her obscurity. Hopefully she will find her way here one day.

May be transmitted to people who are looking for her. :confused2:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
May be transmitted to people who are looking for her. :confused2:

Her former husband, Brian Lambert was the author of that series of posts above. If anyone is connected to him then please pass it on, ok?

Last edited: