What's new

Gerry Armstrong

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Leah Remini has repeated throughout the series, including in the finale:

LR: You're not going to continue to lie to people and abuse people and take their money and their lives. If I can stop one, then I'm going to do it.

Gerry has written a review or reply from the perspective of Mike Rinder’s long known long term victim.

Gerry describes similarities between Remini and Rinder going off to see the lawyer and the entrapment operation Rinder was also involved in, which sent Gerry off to see the lawyer in 1984.

Gerry Armstrong said:
Doing something about the Aftermath

Leah Remini and Mike Rinder ended their series season finale with them together in New York about to meet attorneys to discuss Scientology. Remini indicated they’re consulting attorneys because she “can't let the church continue to abuse people and take their money and their lives.” She mentioned her determination that the Scientologists not “get away with shit.” The “shit” obviously is the abuse, fraud, extortion and other torts and crimes the Scientologists commit. Rinder said he hoped the meeting gave them “a path forward to be able to take action… what to do now.”

The pre-attorney meeting scene or scenes and the contrived mystery and suspense reminded me of a meeting with an attorney that Rinder’s Loyalist Op arranged for me in 1984. Mark Rathbun ran the op for David Miscavige and L. Ron Hubbard, and Rinder was assigned to pretend to be my personal friend. He was so anxious for my friendship that the Loyalists claimed he was risking being murdered by the criminal Miscavige cabal by meeting me, and we had to meet in secret.

In 1985 at the Julie Christofferson v. Scientology trial in Portland, Oregon, the Scientologists revealed their op, in order to be able to use its poison fruits. They still use their poison fruits and have poisoned people around the world. So do Rathbun and Rinder; even in their Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior. Following is a brief description of the operation from a declaration I wrote in November 1985 for one of the many cases where the Scientologists filed false claims and documents relating to the Loyalist Op, which they called the “Armstrong Op.”

[…]

Unless Remini is a knowing participant in a scam, she certainly has been manipulated to attack wrong targets and accept Rinder’s misinformation and lies — that he has reformed, that he is telling the truth, that he wants to correct injustices, that nothing can be done about it. Except, now, meet with attorneys.

She has admitted that she was duped by the Scientologists who were duping her. She has expressed a determination to get to the truth and not be duped again. I have no reason to believe that she is anything but sincere in her expressed intentions. I know that Rinder is not sincere in his. It is needful that she be given the facts and truth about Rinder, Rathbun, et al. so she can investigate what she is being told and not told, and she can make informed decisions in her relationships with them and with others.

Rest of review: Doing something about The Aftermath

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Leah Remini Finale

Leah Remini has repeated throughout the series, including in the finale:

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong --snipped for brevity--
Doing something about the Aftermath

Leah Remini and Mike Rinder ended their series season finale with them together in New York about to meet attorneys to discuss Scientology. Remini indicated they’re consulting attorneys because she “can't let the church continue to abuse people and take their money and their lives.” She mentioned her determination that the Scientologists not “get away with shit.” The “shit” obviously is the abuse, fraud, extortion and other torts and crimes the Scientologists commit. Rinder said he hoped the meeting gave them “a path forward to be able to take action… what to do now.” --snipped---

Gerry has written a review or reply from the perspective of Mike Rinder’s long known long term victim.

Gerry describes similarities between Remini and Rinder going off to see the lawyer and the entrapment operation Rinder was also involved in, which sent Gerry off to see the lawyer in 1984.

Thanks Caroline for your post and for re-posting Gerry's.

It's well within the realm of reason that Mike Rinder is en route to destination--such that you would be half-right and half-wrong about holding him to an idealized or perfected moral position. In other words, he has been journeying (since leaving the COS) towards what might be described as full recognition and abnegation of all things Scientology, including perhaps his own indiscretions while in the cult.

There seems no doubt whatsoever that Mike has gone full SP, exposing Hubbard's fake tech, fraud, avarice, ops, terrorism and fair game. He ain't no Scientologist. Does this automatically mean he wishes to re-visit all his destructive acts on behalf of Hubbard's/Miscavige's pathology? In general, YES. Specifically and completely, he obviously has not done that in Gerry's case.

It may be ahead. It may require a special way of triggering or sparking that kind of event to happen. After all, who in their right mind would want to subject themselves to Gerry's laser-focused, fact-laden recriminations? It doesn't have ANY attraction to someone, I would surmise, who is putting their lives back together and trying to manage their lives while fending off the COS attacks.

Sure, in a perfect world, Mike would VOLUNTEER for a beatdown from Gerry. But who would want to volunteer for such a brutal encounter.

Hey, I don't have any reason to lecture either Mike or Jerry, but I will say that Gerry's unrelenting demand for detailed and contrite fact spewing from Rinder/Rathbun is not very inviting. Perhaps if there were an intermediary or a forum where there was some promise of Rinder maintaining some sense of grace or dignity, it would be far easier to bring him out to talk about it.

I love what Gerry has done to battle the COS and respect all of the untold discombobulation to his life and suffering that ensued. It truly sucks. And he managed it with great dignity and uncommon perseverance.

Rinder's had his hands full too, even considering that he was on the wrong side of the fair-gaming while on post in the COS. But, in an awkwardly paradoxical way, weren't we all? By simply working for Hubbard's cult in any capacity?

Last edited:

Caroline

Patron Meritorious

Thanks Caroline for your post and for re-posting Gerry's.

It sounds by this that you didn’t realize that I had only posted a short excerpt. I got the same understanding from your whole response to what Gerry is communicating in his article. On reflection, your idea about reposting was really the best way to go in this instance, so I'll do that below. I apologize for not doing it earlier. Gerry's article has historical significance, obviously.

Gerry really doesn't hold Rinder to anything or ask him to do anything in his article, although what he has in the past asked of Rinder and believes Rinder should do is well known. Gerry was really pointing out parallels between the original Loyalist Op and the op that's now playing and their commonality of players.

He has been noting such parallels ever since Rathbun and Rinder came out as Loyalists several years ago. When we watched the part in the finale where Rinder and Remini were going to meet with the New York attorneys, the similarities with the Janeway scam in the original op were striking.

Gerry Armstrong said:
Leah Remini and Mike Rinder ended their series season finale with them together in New York about to meet attorneys to discuss Scientology. Remini indicated they’re consulting attorneys because she “can’t let the church continue to abuse people and take their money and their lives.” She mentioned her determination that the Scientologists not “get away with shit.” The “shit” obviously is the abuse, fraud, extortion and other torts and crimes the Scientologists commit. Rinder said he hoped the meeting gave them “a path forward to be able to take action… what to do now.”

The pre-attorney meeting scene or scenes and the contrived mystery and suspense reminded me of a meeting with an attorney that Rinder’s Loyalist Op arranged for me in 1984. Mark Rathbun ran the op for David Miscavige and L. Ron Hubbard, and Rinder was assigned to pretend to be my personal friend. He was so anxious for my friendship that the Loyalists claimed he was risking being murdered by the criminal Miscavige cabal by meeting me, and we had to meet in secret.

In 1985 at the Julie Christofferson v. Scientology trial in Portland, Oregon, the Scientologists revealed their op, in order to be able to use its poison fruits.[1] They still use their poison fruits and have poisoned people around the world. So do Rathbun and Rinder; even in their Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior. Following is a brief description of the operation from a declaration I wrote in November 1985 for one of the many cases where the Scientologists filed false claims and documents relating to the Loyalist Op, which they called the “Armstrong Op.”

5. In order to compromise my effectiveness as a witness and undo the Breckenridge judgment, Scientology created the “Armstrong Operation.” It was a Scientology setup from the start. I was contacted in June of 1984 by an old friend of mine who told me that a group of individuals called the “Loyalists” were seeking to reform the organization, and end the criminal and tortious activities and the Fair Game doctrine. My friend said the “Loyalists” had existed for two years, they had people on staff in the organization and many others who supported their cause. The “Loyalists” wanted my help because I had contacts among other individuals who opposed the organization’s practices, and because I had been successful in litigating against the organization. They wanted me to act as their consultant.

6. I had several meetings with representatives of the “Loyalists” and was even taken to meet an attorney who they said was going to file a lawsuit on their behalf to oust what they called the “criminal management” of Scientology. Unknown to me, these meetings were covertly and illegally videotaped. The entire operation was a setup. The “Loyalists” had no intention of ending the organization’s illegal activities and were not planning to file a lawsuit. They were a fictional creation to make it look like I was conspiring to overthrow Scientology.

7. The videotapes do not reveal all of my conversations with the “Loyalists.” Scientology has chosen those parts which it feels are most beneficial to them. Even the videotapes they do use do not show what Scientology claims. They simply reveal conversations about ideas proposed by the “Loyalists” for their use in their struggle. Of course, since the “Loyalists” never really existed, nothing was ever carried out. In any event, the wild claims Scientology makes, that I conspired to plant false documents, steal privileged information, and set up some sort of sexual blackmail situation, are ridiculous. Judge Londer, in the case of Christofferson v. Scientology, et al, in Portland, Oregon recognized that the tapes do not say what the organization says they say. He stated, immediately after viewing the tapes on April 4, 1985:

“I think they are devastating. I think they are devastating against the Church. We certainly view them in a different way, Mr. Cooley, you and I.”… “it borders more on entrapment than it does on anything else. How a sophisticated person, which Mr. Armstrong purports to be, could go for such an amateurish performance as I heard on these tapes is beyond me. The questions were being fed to him obviously; anytime he wanted to make an explanation, it was promptly cut off. There was no evidence of any attempt to commit a crime that I saw.”

In fact, on the tapes themselves, in response to a suggestion by one of the “Loyalists”, an operative named Mike Rinder,[2] that false documents be created, I reply, “I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.”

8. Despite Scientology allegations to the contrary, I was not acting as an agent of Michael Flynn, or various government agencies when I met with the “Loyalists.” I simply was responding to the “Loyalists’” request for help from me, and I accepted their offer to help me out. They actively encouraged me to request all sorts of things, claiming they could get whatever I needed. Any requests I sent them I originated on my own. Neither Michael Flynn nor the federal government asked me to obtain any documents or information for them from the “Loyalists.” In fact, Michael Flynn cautioned me that the “Loyalists” might be an operation created by Hubbard.

9. Under California law, an individual cannot be videotaped without his consent. Scientology, at the Christofferson trial, claimed that a private investigator hired by them, Eugene Ingram, (who had been kicked off the Los Angeles police force for various offenses) obtained an authorization to secretly tape me from a police officer. In an official statement released by the Los Angeles Police Department, however, LAPD Chief Daryl Gates stated that the officer had no authorization, and that it would be “a cold day in hell” before the Los Angeles Police Department cooperated with Eugene Ingram. A copy of this announcement is attached hereto as Exhibit [A]. I have learned from Commander Booth of the LAPD that the officer involved, Phillip Rodriguez, was suspended for six months due to his improper “authorization.”

10. If this court has any doubts about this entire illegal affair, I urge it to view the tapes themselves. They will plainly show that the Scientology charges are ridiculous and grossly inflated. It will also prove to the court that Scientology engages in precisely the types of covert criminal and tortious operations in violation of individuals’ rights which its critics have alleged it has committed for years.

The attorney that Rinder’s Loyalists said was going to file a lawsuit on their behalf to oust what they called the “criminal management” of Scientology was a Thomas Janeway in Encino, California. I’ve mentioned him a number of times over the past many years in different declarations or other writings.

In March 2015, I contacted Janeway for the first time since he participated in the Scientologists’ op against me. We spoke by phone, and I then emailed him:

Dear Mr. Janeway:

Thank you for talking with me today. I had this information for you from 1984:

15910 Ventura Blvd
Encino
818-995-1900

Please see this section of a declaration I executed April 9, 1986 regarding discovery I was seeking from the Scientologists:

At page 4070, the Court ordered the production of all documents omitted from my B-1 files, including all documents up to date; i.e., April 4, 1985, and attorneys for defendant organization (the same organization as plaintiff and cross-defendant in the instant case) agreed to produce all such documents.

These documents, however, were never produced. They include up to April 1985 at least the following:

[…]

The records, reports, orders, correspondence, documents and audio and video recordings of a meeting, arranged by organization agents posing as “reformers,” between an attorney Thomas Janeway and me in November 1984 in Encino, California. Janeway pretended to be working for these “reformers” and attempted to entrap and compromise me.

http://armstrong-op.gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/1875

In a complaint report I made to the DOJ in 2004, I wrote:

Kluge also took me to a meeting with a woman he identified as “Rene,” a “rich Scientologist who had been abused by the organization and who might back the “Loyalists” financially,” and a meeting with an “attorney” “named” “Thomas Janeway.” http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a8/3376.php

The people I knew of who were involved with bringing me to meet with you and debrief to you were David Kluge, aka “Joey,” Dan Sherman and Mike Rinder. Also involved, and running this covert operation, were Brad Balentine, Mark Rathbun and David Miscavige. Another key person was a PI Eugene M. Ingram. At the time of the meeting with you in 1984, I did not know Kluge’s real name.

The relevance of this 1984 meeting with you at this point is its place in an ongoing campaign against me by the Scientologists to maintain their 1993 IRS tax exemption, which they obtained by unlawful means, notably by lying about me. Documents relating to this campaign are here: http://armstrong-op.gerryarmstrong.ca/ If you are interested, this is a good place to start: http://armstrong-op.gerryarmstrong.ca/about

If you can shed any light on this meeting with you, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Gerry Armstrong
[address and telephone]

Janeway emailed me back:

Dear Mr. Armstrong,

In response to your phone call yesterday, and the email you sent, I can confirm that my office address in 1984 was 15910 Ventura Boulevard, Encino, CA and the office phone number was 818-995-1900. I don’t recall meeting you 31 years ago, alone or with others, though it’s possible I did so.

The following information is based entirely upon my present recollection, and reference to my list of clients in the 1980s. With two exceptions, I don’t recognize or recall any of the names mentioned in your email message. I have seen David Miscavige’s name mentioned in various news articles, but have never met or spoken to him. I can confirm that Eugene M. Ingram was briefly a client in 1984 but, of course, there is a duty of confidentiality in connection with that representation which is protected by the attorney-client and work product privileges. Since Mr. Ingram’s client file is now in dead storage, and not readily accessible, I haven’t reviewed the contents before replying to your email. I don’t know anything about a discovery order or a subpoena duces tecum, referred to in your email, concerning Mr. Ingram’s office file or anything having to do with the Church of Scientology. I think I would recall the circumstance if either of those eventualities occurred, even after 31 years.

Parenthetically, it seems to me that even if we had a meeting for some purpose in 1984 the gist and significance would be so remote in time and relevance to anything happening in connection with Scientology’s religious tax exemption the IRS would probably regard it as trivial and unimportant.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Sincerely,

Thomas Janeway

Ingram is a well-known lying thug the Rathbun and Rinder Scientologists paid millions to fair game their targets, the good people who told the truth about their criminal conspiracy against persons and rights. Ingram threatened to put a bullet between my eyes. In addition to conspiring with him to frame me, frame my attorney, illegally wiretap my attorney and me, and illegally videotape me, Rathbun, Rinder, et al. paid him to spread the false rumor that I have AIDS. Here is more related information from my 2004 complaint to the Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division:

86. After I returned to the U.S., Sherman and Kluge reestablished contact with me, and we met a number of times over the next five months. In late July 1984, Scientology commenced a media and legal attack on Michael Flynn falsely accusing him of masterminding a plot to cash a forged check for $2,000,000.00 on one of Hubbard’s bank accounts. Sherman and Kluge communicated that the “Loyalists” knew that it was a frame-up and that organization leaders were behind it, and the “Loyalists” were working to prove it was a frame-up. I was certain Flynn was innocent, and of course he was my attorney and friend, so I was grateful for the “Loyalists’” help in clearing his name, and I was willing to help them as I could.

87. Over the next few months, the “Loyalists” sent me a number of messages via Sherman relating to the Flynn frame-up, including what they claimed was documentary evidence to be passed on to Flynn and the Assistant U.S. Attorney in Boston who was investigating the case. Because of their claimed fear of being discovered by organization leaders and murdered, I met with “Loyalists” Kluge and Mike Rinder in “secret” prearranged locations in Griffith Park and a Los Angeles area cemetery. Kluge also took me to a meeting with a woman he identified as “Rene,” a “rich Scientologist who had been abused by the organization and who might back the “Loyalists” financially,” and a meeting with an “attorney” “named” “Thomas Janeway.” Kluge also attempted to get me to fly to Las Vegas to meet another “financial backer,” but on my attorney’s advice because of the risk I didn’t make the trip. Knowing what I now know, there is no doubt that each of these meetings was recorded, and was set up to entrap me.

88. During this period, agents of the FBI who were involved in an investigation of the organization contacted me, and I met with them and discussed my Scientology experiences and knowledge. Justice Department attorneys who were litigating Scientology-related cases contacted me, and I communicated with them and provided them with declarations concerning my experiences and knowledge. Officers in the Ontario Provincial Police and the Clearwater, Florida Police Department who were investigating Scientology also contacted me, and I provided them with testimony about Hubbard, the organization and my experiences.

89. A short time after my LA trial, agents in the Criminal Investigation Division of the IRS in Los Angeles contacted me, and I met with them and provided them with whatever information I had concerning Hubbard and Scientology. The IRS obtained access to certain documents and audio recordings of MCCS legal strategy meetings that the Court Clerk had retained in my case, and which became the subject of the series of cases entitled U.S. v. Zolin. [3]; [4]

The purpose Rinder and his coconspirators gave for the meeting they arranged with Janeway was virtually identical to the purpose Remini and Rinder gave for their upcoming meeting with their attorney: to discuss a legal action that could lead to reforming the organization, and ending the criminal and tortious activities and Fair Game.

It is beyond argument that Rinder has been serving the Scientologists’ antisocial purposes while claiming to be reformed, and no longer possessing the Scientology mindset. This is what he was claiming when conning me in 1984. In truth he was serving the same antisocial purposes that forward the interests of the same antisocial people.

Because he serves the Scientologists’ purposes, it is entirely possible that an illusion of success, an illusion of reform can be achieved. Rinder has done nothing that invalidates the obvious possibility of a soft landing program. What the Scientologists do regarding their relationship with me is the real evidence of reform.

Rinder has done nothing that demonstrates that he has reformed, or even desires to reform or be reformed. His actions and inactions have been successful, both inside and seemingly outside the Miscavige sect, in keeping organizational, behavioral or spiritual reform from happening. It has not happened. The Suppressive Person doctrine is in force; indeed Rinder subscribes to and defends this doctrine. The IRS tax exemption is untouched. Unlawfully silencing people continues. Preventing people from leaving continues. Religious persecution continues. The same black propaganda continues.

My relationship with Rinder is the best opportunity to correct injustices, correct black propaganda, and bring about real reform, IF those things were really what he wanted. It is clear that so far, despite his PR, those things have never been what he wanted to do.

Remini said that for some reason she believes that she is the person to help to make it right. What needs to be made right are the same things that needed to be made right that the Scientologists taking me to talk to attorney Janeway in 1984 were saying needed to be made right: abusing people, taking their money and their lives, criminal and tortious activities and fair game.

It is often in the field and activity of litigation where the Scientologists’ fair game – that is their criminal conspiracy against persons and rights – is most effective. The Rinder, Rathbun, et al. conspiracy faked plaintiffs in 1984, and it is very possible they are manipulating Remini in 2017 to use fake parties.

Because Rinder and Rathbun, beyond argument, serve the purposes of the Scientologists she says she is opposing, she has already accepted fake allies, fake reformers and fake reformed consultants and witnesses. No matter how evil, painful, harmful, antisocial or cowardly it is, disconnection is a fake issue, a fake cause. Rinder and Rathbun know this.

The Scientologists love to be on both sides of any conflict, and most vitally on both sides of litigation. There are reasons to believe that the Scientologists have engineered friendly lawsuits, friendly appeals, and other unethical friendlinesses to unethically obtain decisions and results that benefit Scientology and its conspirators against persons and rights.

Hubbard provided the scriptural justification:

There is a principle in Scientology called pan-determinism. This could be loosely defined as determining the activities of two or more sides in a game simultaneously. (PAB 84, May 15, 1956, “The Reason Why.”)

To the Scientologists, litigation is a game. It is true that US District Court Judge James Ideman castigated the Scientologists for “viewing litigation as war.” But the Scientologists view war as a game. For the Scientology conspirators like Rathbun and Rinder, persecuting, punishing and destroying good people has been a game.

The optimum condition for an organism seeking control is to become the opposition. The Scientology conspirators seek to control the opposition, control the narrative and control the future. That is the goal of the US Intelligence Community, and probably every intelligence community. They also have the same job Rinder has acknowledged he had for treatment or handling of opponents the Scientologists hadn’t been able to control: silence or destroy them.

Remini communicates that she does not get the connections and commonality of purpose and function between the Scientologists and their visible PI and attorney collaborators and key departments and agencies in the US Federal Government. On 20/20, she deplored the Scientologists’ IRS tax exemption, and said she’s “hoping there’ll be somebody with some balls who will do something about it.” Rinder and Rathbun, however, have demonstrated their continuing desire to keep the tax exemption in place. If this is not the case they would have told the truth about the unlawful way they obtained it; which, significantly, was by framing my attorney, framing me, filing false statements with the IRS, and conducting a massive, ongoing black propaganda campaign.[5]

Unless Remini is a knowing participant in a scam, she certainly has been manipulated to attack wrong targets and accept Rinder’s misinformation and lies — that he has reformed, that he is telling the truth, that he wants to correct injustices, that nothing can be done about it. Except, now, meet with attorneys.

She has admitted that she was duped by the Scientologists who were duping her. She has expressed a determination to get to the truth and not be duped again. I have no reason to believe that she is anything but sincere in her expressed intentions. I know that Rinder is not sincere in his. It is needful that she be given the facts and truth about Rinder, Rathbun, et al. so she can investigate what she is being told and not told, and she can make informed decisions in her relationships with them and with others.

Notes

[1] Scientology played their illegal videos at trial in Christofferson v. Scientology. Trial transcripts at link.

[2] See Scientology’s page on Michael Rinder: http://web.archive.org/web/20071102054328/http://www.scientology.org/scnnews/rinder.htm

[3] E.g., http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/us-v-zolin-us-sup-1989-06-21.html

See also, http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/other-scientology-litigation.html

[4] Document source: Complaint Report to US DOJ

[5] See: Introduction to the Armstrong Operation

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Snipped from Carolines post below.

Gerry really doesn't hold Rinder to anything or ask him to do anything in his article, although what he has in the past asked of Rinder and believes Rinder should do is well known.

Caroline,

I don't believe it is well known ... What exactly is it that Gerry wants from Mike Rinder?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Caroline,

I don't believe it is well known ... What exactly is it that Gerry wants from Mike Rinder?

AND... that should be able to be summarized in no more than 300 words. This should be easy to do.
Lay it out in brief specific points of current requirements (not history):
1. ...
2. ...
3. ...
etc.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

Caroline,

I dislike when you hijack popular threads and thread topics to re-post your documents about Gerry over and over on ESMB. It can be a real thread killer.

This is a Leah Remini thread and was getting a lot of hits from never-ins and exes who hadn't contacted ESMB before Leah Remini did her series. The hits quickly dwindled when the subject was again brought around to Gerry.

Not everything is about Gerry Armstrong, nor should it be.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions for Gerry.

Caroline,

I dislike when you hijack popular threads and thread topics to re-post your documents about Gerry over and over on ESMB. It can be a real thread killer.

This is a Leah Remini thread and was getting a lot of hits from never-ins and exes who hadn't contacted ESMB before Leah Remini did her series. The hits quickly dwindled when the subject was again brought around to Gerry.

Not everything is about Gerry Armstrong, nor should it be.

My posts are on topic and relevant. I'm not trying to engineer stats.

At about 2:11 Leah included excerpts from an important document which I've posted in the Important Documents forum. The document provides, among other things, Hubbard's scriptural motivation for his criminal conspiracy.

Mike Rinder operated on this Guardian Order. His CO OSA Int post was at the level of the Guardian Worldwide. Rathbun was CS-G (Commodore's Staff Guardian) level. Miscavige became "source" of policies like what Hubbard ordered in this Guardian Order. Rinder controlled the personnel beneath him that organizationally had been beneath the Guardian.

I'll highlight the parts that Leah highlighted in the finale, as Mike Rinder said this to her about her Scientology attackers:

02:11

MR: They believe if they can get away with that sort of shit, that it puts you in the mindset of "My God, they'll do anything."

L. Ron Hubbard said:

Confidential

28 March 1972

CS-G Hat
GOWW Hat
D/G Hats
A/G Hats
Bu of Info

COUNTER ATTACK TACTICS

HANDLING:

BRIGHT IDEA:

1. These persons can always lose their jobs. These jobs, permitting them power to destroy, are valuable to them. This is A POINT OF VULNERABILITY.

2. If the person's job is also not valuable to him or if he cannot be made to cost his job, something can be found which he is seeking to protect and it can be threatened.

Gerry Armstrong has written many times about the impact of Scientology on his employers and how they threatened his jobs over the years. In a declaration on 2 February 1993 Gerry provided several examples of how Scientology during the Rinder/Rathbun years conspired to threaten his employers and his jobs. Everyone should appreciate all this documentation.

Gerry Armstrong said:
9. Ms. Bartilson makes much of the fact that I continue to work as a paralegal in the office of Ford Greene who represents various people in organization-related litigation. (App. p. 6, 1. 6; LJB Dec. p. 4, para. 6) Yet it is the organization which has made it necessary for me to work in Mr.Greene's office. Wherever I go, until the organization publicly and honestly repudiates "fair game," it will target me and use its intelligence network and operations, legal machinery and self-serving madness to destroy me. No employer, other than one who understands this organization's motives, means and madness, can recognize and withstand its covert and overt attacks. The organization puts at risk, because of its pervasive and calculated hatred of me and its determination to destroy me, any employer who would hire me.

In 1982 its PIs staked out the law firm where I worked, embarrassed me, terrified my fellow employees, and it harassed my lawyer employers, including the firm's senior partner, with frivolous depositions. The organization attacked my next employer, Michael Flynn, with some fifteen lawsuits, bar complaints, framed him with the forgery of a $2,000,000 check, ruined his marriage and finally induced him to desert me in order to end the attacks.

In 1991, the organization sued another lawyer, Joseph A. Yanny, for daring to represent me in litigation. Mr. Yanny didn't represent me and the litigation existed only in the organization's mad imagination.

The organization has now initiated an attack on yet another of my lawyers, Michael L. Walton, subpoenaing him for a frivolous deposition, demanding the production of his personal files and client files, threatening to take his house, and disrupting his life.

The organization has subjected Ford Greene to false bar complaints, constant surveillance, and a scheme in which organization lawyers tricked his clients, the Aznarans, into firing him as their lawyer. It sent an agent to get close to him, get into his office by deception and steal his client files. The organization will do whatever it can to compromise me, any employer and any lawyer, and ruin any relationship of any kind I may develop with anyone.

The organization's malice is certainly demonstrated in this effort to have me held in criminal contempt. Based on lies and perversions it wants me jailed for opposing its antisocial acts, and living my own life. I have no doubt that the organization leaders have plotted my assassination, nor that all my friends are at risk from the organization because of their association with me. I am working with Mr. Greene because he too is the target of this organization's attacks, because he understands, and because he too does not think much of organized evil.

From Declaration of Gerry Armstrong (February 2, 1993)

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Caroline,

More to the point, does Gerry expect Mike Rinder to be deprogramming at some arbitrary rate that Gerry thinks is appropriate?

Your concern about Mike being something of an apologist are noted. In my opinion that has stopped quite recently. I would add that last week Rinder posted some OT III documents on his blog and pissed off many of his readers in the process.

Around that same time, I read Mike's words on the last chapter of Cannane's book. If you haven't read it, you really should. Rinder's explanation was very sincere, and he acknowledged that he was defending the subject matter of Scientology at first, and he explains how and why he's over it. It was beautifully stated, and I respect him for being so vulnerable in his explanation.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Posted by Caroline and snipped.

Remini communicates that she does not get the connections and commonality of purpose and function between the Scientologists and their visible PI and attorney collaborators and key departments and agencies in the US Federal Government. On 20/20, she deplored the Scientologists’ IRS tax exemption, and said she’s “hoping there’ll be somebody with some balls who will do something about it.” Rinder and Rathbun, however, have demonstrated their continuing desire to keep the tax exemption in place. If this is not the case they would have told the truth about the unlawful way they obtained it; which, significantly, was by framing my attorney, framing me, filing false statements with the IRS, and conducting a massive, ongoing black propaganda campaign.[5]

My posts are on topic and relevant.

Your posts read like cult "Knowledge Reports" and trying to create some kind of drama between Mike and Leah is ridiculous.

I doubt if most people here these days know who Gerry is ... why don't you start a new thread giving a brief outline on what happened to him when he left the cult and word it less like a KR or legal document?

Tell us how he is doing now ... I believe people would be interested in that and perhaps you could take an interest yourself in other peoples posts here instead of just slinging down reams of stuff about Gerry and then sitting back to watch what happens with your "TR's" firmly in place?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but surely you can see that what you are doing is not working, it may even be having the opposite effect to the one that I assume you are trying to create and harming Gerry's reputation.

If you want people to know what happened to Gerry, start again ... keep it simple, link to docs or long pieces of information, add something to your siggy line so every post contains a link to the new readable version of events ... and be ready to receive opinions and extra info about what happened from those who may see it differently or who disagree, because that is what happens on a message board.

I sincerely wish you both the best.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

<snip>

I doubt if most people here these days know who Gerry is ... why don't you start a new thread giving a brief outline on what happened to him when he left the cult and word it less like a KR or legal document?

I politely disagree.
I would rather read from Caroline on her own experiences and what has happened with her and not her frequent wall-of-text about what Gerry has said. Gerry should post here for himself.

I prefer Caroline talking for herself in her own opinions and experiences in her own words, not just quoting Gerry.

That's my opinion.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I politely disagree.
I would rather read from Caroline on her own experiences and what has happened with her and not her frequent wall-of-text about what Gerry has said. Gerry should post here for himself.

I prefer Caroline talking for herself in her own opinions and experiences in her own words, not just quoting Gerry.

That's my opinion.

Fair enough ... I think we would all prefer that, it was just an idea ...

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have to say I think Gerry is wrong about Mike. To say that he's an agent still working for the co$ is ridiculous. Aftermath is doing massive damage to the co$. No OSA agent would be allowed to what Mike is doing. This unfortunately shows Gerry is quite biased, still seeing the world through 30 year old lens. He's not garnering any support with such a stance against Mike who has quite clearly come around in recent years.

JustSheila

Crusader
I have to say I think Gerry is wrong about Mike. To say that he's an agent still working for the co$ is ridiculous. Aftermath is doing massive damage to the co$. No OSA agent would be allowed to what Mike is doing. This unfortunately shows Gerry is quite biased, still seeing the world through 30 year old lens. He's not garnering any support with such a stance against Mike who has quite clearly come around in recent years.

I completely agree.

Mike Rinder has done plenty to cause trouble for COS behind the scenes for years since he came forward and never wavered from being a stand-up guy when it came to fighting COS. The Aussies know. :yes:

He and Marty Rathbun are two very different people with different personalities, backgrounds and responses. Whereas Marty seems to like to speak in code or puzzles and tell exaggerated stories of self-heroics and has rarely coordinated anything with the exes because his personal ego demands he always be in charge, Mike is not like that. Caroline also states that Marty's book of badly written BS, "Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior" was "their" book, and that is not true. It is strictly and only Marty's spin on things.

For Mike to say things like, "but we're friends now, right?" is just something Mike would say. Those of us who truly left COS began mostly by building on our younger, pre-Scientology selves. Pre-Scientology, Mike Rinder was just a young kid. He is trying to set things right. He is very clear which side he is on now and he's doing a great job.

Its terrible that in his Sea Org days, Mike pretended to be a friend to Gerry and betrayed him, so I can see how that statement might be upsetting to Gerry so he takes it in the reverse way it was meant, but something that happened 30 or more years ago doesn't mean it repeats. There are things we've all done in our lives we would never, ever do again. :no:

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Caroline,

I'm guessing this for one:

If this is not the case they would have told the truth about the unlawful way they obtained it; which, significantly, was by framing my attorney, framing me, filing false statements with the IRS, and conducting a massive, ongoing black propaganda campaign.[5]

For two:
To come clean. Did you read the above article?

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You

Hey, I don't have any reason to lecture either Mike or Jerry, but I will say that Gerry's unrelenting demand for detailed and contrite fact spewing from Rinder/Rathbun is not very inviting. Perhaps if there were an intermediary or a forum where there was some promise of Rinder maintaining some sense of grace or dignity, it would be far easier to bring him out to talk about it.

Gerry Armstrong has made a great many public allegations that Co$ tried to have him assassinated upon multiple occasions. There is still content that states this on his web site. Despite his meticulous and detailed documentation of his various court battles with Co$, there is no evidence (copies of reports to law enforcement and the results of their investigations) posted anywhere that any such attempts ever occurred.

These accusations indirectly accuse Mike and Marty of trying to have him murdered, since it is well known that they were in charge of external "handlings" during the period these attempts were alleged to have been made. Furthermore, Gerry also implies that these two are incompetent as he is still alive and has never presented any evidence that he was even injured in any such assassination attempt.

In my opinion, neither Mike Rinder nor Mark Rathbun are ever going to comply to any requests or demands from Gerry until such a time as he publicly retracts these allegations and publicly apologizes to Mike and Marty for having so maliciously libeled them.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientology
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

Last edited:

George Layton

Gerry Armstrong has made a great many public allegations that Co$ tried to have him assassinated upon multiple occasions. There is still content that states this on his web site. Despite his meticulous and detailed documentation of his various court battles with Co$, there is no evidence (copies of reports to law enforcement and the results of their investigations) that any such attempts ever occurred.

These accusations indirectly accuse Mike and Marty of trying to have him murdered, since it is well known that they were in charge of external "handlings" during the period these attempts were alleged to have been made. Furthermore, Gerry also implies that these two are incompetent as he is still alive and has never presented any evidence that he was even injured in any such assassination attempt.

In my opinion, neither Mike Rinder nor Mark Rathbun are ever going to comply to any requests or demands from Gerry until such a time as he publicly retracts these allegations and publicly apologizes to Mike and Marty for having so maliciously libeled them.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientology

...maliciously libeled them.

I see what you did there.

George Layton

Maybe it would be another way to help bring about the demise of scientology, to expose all of the operations that went on back when Mike was still in. Aftermath, appeals to the public by showing the human abuse that scientology policy causes, but to add in the underlying criminal activity that went on back when Mike was involved could help, (maybe even more then the human abuses) to get some government involvement.

Surely there is still an underlying criminal activity going on in scientology today. If Mike could be convinced that those past activities exposure would help in the fight against scientology, and would be willing to speak out about what went on back then it could not only help expose scientology more but go toward mending the conflicts between past participants of scientology. The more spotlight on scientology the better.

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Surely there is still an underlying criminal activity going on in scientology today. If Mike could be convinced that those past activities exposure would help in the fight against scientology, and would be willing to speak out about what went on back then it could not only help expose scientology more but go toward mending the conflicts between past participants of scientology.

Mike Rinder has already publicly stated and was corroborated by Mark "Marty" Rathbun (in the Tampa Bay Times Truth Rundown series) that the reason he was David "Darth Midget" Miscavige's favorite punching bag was his (and Marty's) refusal to follow DM orders that required actually breaking the law. If you refuse to accept that as truth, then why should you believe anything else he has to say, please ?

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I'm guessing this for one:

If this is not the case they would have told the truth about the unlawful way they obtained it; which, significantly, was by framing my attorney, framing me, filing false statements with the IRS, and conducting a massive, ongoing black propaganda campaign.[5]

For two:
To come clean. Did you read the above article?

Over the years I have "speed read" much of what Caroline has posted and I usually end up more confused than when I started which is why I suggested she start a new thread giving a brief outline about what happened to Gerry when he left the cofs.

Many people around here these days know nothing at all about him.

Wikipedia does have a basic outline here.

If Gerry wants further issues addressed or re-addressed and he feels he has a chance of achieving whatever it is he now wants he may need to take it where it belongs, back into a court ... a message board isn't the place for it and what Caroline is doing (presumably with Gerry's approval) is effectively attention seeking and does him no favours IMO.

I wish Gerry and Caroline would throw their combined support behind so many others who are putting themselves on the line to bring down the real enemy ... the cult of scientology, because they could have a very real impact and would perhaps feel better overall about what was undeniably done to Gerry to make his life hell in the past by the cofs.

Gerry appears to have already well and truly breached any agreements made (with the cofs) so I assume has little left to lose at this stage, but that is only an assumption.

:confused2: