What's new

Anyone Else find some humor in this? Move over Tommy Davis

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]-snip-

[FONT=&amp]When the LSD ban came down (re anyone who has taken LSD no longer being allowed to join the SO ... [/FONT]but those already in were allowed to stay)[FONT=&amp] an awful lot of people were heard giggling and sighing with relief![/FONT]

-snip-

The SO never appealed to me. When I got into scn the war in Vietnam had just ended and I considered myself very lucky to have avoided it. Anything quasi-military had no appeal for me. Having taken LSD was certainly a very convenient "out."

-snip-
[FONT=&amp]Seriously though, if he really believed there was something wrong with people who had taken LSD why didn't he sling out every person on staff who had taken it and protect the cofs from potential damage?

:whistling:[/FONT]

Chucking out everyone who'd taken acid would've eliminated too many people. The same people who took acid were the same ones who were likely to try scientology: those who were a bit more broad-minded and likely to try new things, even if they were a bit kooky.

JustSheila

Crusader
The SO never appealed to me. When I got into scn the war in Vietnam had just ended and I considered myself very lucky to have avoided it. Anything quasi-military had no appeal for me. Having taken LSD was certainly a very convenient "out."

Chucking out everyone who'd taken acid would've eliminated too many people. The same people who took acid were the same ones who were likely to try scientology: those who were a bit more broad-minded and likely to try new things, even if they were a bit kooky.

Absolutely! It was a mad scramble with constant rip-offs by senior management of those who were HCO Qualifiied (required for CMO and many other senior exec branches), and there were extreme efforts to "make" SO members HCO qualled, so pretty much all the other quals could be fudged, but not LSD.

I would say most of the staff who managed to stay in the service orgs in the 80s after the PL came out who weren't in HCO or in senior exec positions had taken some form of LSD. It was common to try it at least once in the 60s and 70s.But even the LSD qual was fudged.

I know a staff member who had taken it several times who was later convinced in session that it was not LSD, but angel dust. This sort of "mistake" made people HCO qualled who were previously unqualified, with a sudden run of people who had taken angel dust instead. Hey, people make up their memories in session, they would believe anything. So to suddenly have a better memory and actually be sincere about it was such a joke. What mind manipulation we went through!

How ironic that angel dust (PCP) is probably far worse than the LSD sold on the street then, but someone taking PCP is qualified for high positions, but someone who took LSD is not. :hysterical: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Angel Dust

But that's Scientology! If it makes any sense, it isn't Scientology!

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Absolutely! It was a mad scramble with constant rip-offs by senior management of those who were HCO Qualifiied (required for CMO and many other senior exec branches), and there were extreme efforts to "make" SO members HCO qualled, so pretty much all the other quals could be fudged, but not LSD.

I would say most of the staff who managed to stay in the service orgs in the 80s after the PL came out who weren't in HCO or in senior exec positions had taken some form of LSD. It was common to try it at least once in the 60s and 70s.But even the LSD qual was fudged.

I know a staff member who had taken it several times who was later convinced in session that it was not LSD, but angel dust. This sort of "mistake" made people HCO qualled who were previously unqualified, with a sudden run of people who had taken angel dust instead. Hey, people make up their memories in session, they would believe anything. So to suddenly have a better memory and actually be sincere about it was such a joke. What mind manipulation we went through!

How ironic that angel dust (PCP) is probably far worse than the LSD sold on the street then, but someone taking PCP is qualified for high positions, but someone who took LSD is not. :hysterical: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Angel Dust

But that's Scientology! If it makes any sense, it isn't Scientology!

Hmmm. I thought angel dust out-qual'ed you for SO too, but you would know better than me.

I only did angel dust one time. I probably wouldn't have done it at all, but I was very drunk. I remember little except crawling around on the floor laughing. Everything seemed funny, everything. Terrible hangover the next day, but that was probably the booze. From observing other people on it, falling over and laughing seem to be common symptoms.

People who'd done a lot of angel dust seemed a bit more twisted than most, I thought. I don't know if it was the drug, or if they were that way already.

I once audited a guy who'd broken his back hang-gliding. He was in terrible pain while recovering, and the prescription pain meds he was getting weren't helping him enough. He eventually discovered that angel dust got rid of his pain completely! He became a heavy user of the stuff, and told me some horror stories about it which impressed me at the time, none of which I remember now.

This same guy also claimed to have tripped with Timothy Leary on Maui, by the way, since we had Leary earlier in the thread. :)

JustSheila

Crusader
Interesting story about the angel dust. I never tried it, so had no idea.

I don't remember if angel dust was banned in the original LSD policy or not and I never kept a shred of anything scn for reference. If it was banned, it would have been a revision as there was such a mad rush for LSD users to find out it was angel dust to become qualified.

aurabass

Patron
mdmianew.jpg
or
hubbard-460_1532649c.jpg

DOES ANYONE TEND THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?

RICHARD NIXON Said, "Timothy Leary is the most dangerous man in America". Turns out Tim was far less dangerous than LRH. - We all should know by now how clueless the Watergate Wonder was revealed to be.
The toll of disconnection, forced servitude by imprisonment, fraud, and damage to a significant number of well-meaning young 'seekers' who wanted nothing more than to do good has yet to be fully quantified. Well meaning young people are taken in, exploited, brainwashed and put to work taking in more people who were bilked of their earnings and baffled by the BS of LRH.

These 'victims' number in the thousands with many losing decades in servitude to the evil of SEA ORG "stuplification" Or like Mary Kahn a lifetime of being nothing more than an earner for DM who gave all her income and eventually her son to gain OT VIII twice - the 'salvation' of spiritual superiority promised by SCN - an empty lie and fraud. Mary Kahn so reminds me of a close friend who died. I actually cried during that early AFTERMATH episode. That is responsible for my interest and desire to help end DM and his evil monstrosity. Her story is why I have read 6 books, viewed dozens of documentaries and blog entries, and participate in this forum. Every day I rise and ask, what can I do to help stop this?

Do SCIENTOLOGIST vote? Did LRH or DM ever instruct the membership of the "church" to do what Falwell and his 'silent moral majority' did? With such a large team of robots armed with the production studio and able PR & Marketing teams, the church could impact local & state races and initiatives in CA & FL.

Have any elected officials openly attacked Scientology and caused the church to use the membership, PR & Marketing tools, or wealth of the "church" to support an opponent? Lawsuits seem to be one of the primary weapons along with the PI's and publicizing the peccadillos of opponents (no matter how true or false) i.e child molester, wife beater, drug user, adulterer, prostitute, etc.

It seems from what I have been able to find that officials in Clearwater - Sarasota - Tampa Bay and the County jurisdictions of that area, have been reticent to do anything to displease the 'church'. Even the Medical officer (Coroner) who first reported Lisa McPhearson's death as 'suspicious', changed it to 'accidental' despite the obvious evidence of criminal neglect due to dehydration over days that resulted in the embolism that caused her death.

I won't extol the virtues of LSD more than to say it was responsible for altering my course in life. I became a loudspeaker designer, Pro-audio guy, and rock n roll roadie after leaving law school - thank you LSD. The world doesn't need another lawyer. Great sound and music are so much more stimulating and fun. Smiles and cheers over jails and judgments. The law and it's extension - politics now combine with 'religion' to create more disaster from power mad 'popes' and 'Gurus'. Did Tim encourage LSD use? Maybe - but he was opposed to the Merry Prankster - Acid Test - unrestricted and uncontrolled wild abandon. LRH was all about some spiritual power based on personal indulgence.

As TOM ROBBINS put it:

• Teachers who offer you the ultimate answers do not possess the ultimate answers, for if they did, they would know that the ultimate answers cannot be given, they can only be received.
  • The unhappy person resents it when you try to cheer him up, because that means he has to stop dwelling on himself and start paying attention to the universe. Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence. When you're unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself. You get to take yourself oh so very seriously.

or Was Dr. Hunter S. Thompson right?
"We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled that 60's. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.” -Hunter S.Thompson

Either way the flaw of being led to believe someone else has your answers can lead to trouble. In the end we all have to figure out our own truth. That doesn't mean we can't try to help free those trapped by fraud.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
  • Teachers who offer you the ultimate answers do not possess the ultimate answers, for if they did, they would know that the ultimate answers cannot be given, they can only be received.
  • The unhappy person resents it when you try to cheer him up, because that means he has to stop dwelling on himself and start paying attention to the universe. Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence. When you're unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself. You get to take yourself oh so very seriously.

I like these quotes, thanks.

Also, on the possible reasons why Hubs banned SO people who did LSD, I think it may have been one of a few things.

The first, as someone already suggested, that maybe he couldn't control those people as well. I knew several people who had done LSD many, many times. These people had a certain "something" that was attractive to me. Artistic, creative, expressive, affectionate, etc.

Another possibility is that maybe he thought one of his trusted assistants betrayed him and he found out they had done LSD and therefore decided LSD was bad. (Discounting the fact that he thought just about everyone close to him betrayed him eventually, with or without drugs.)

Or, maybe he had done LSD himself once and had a bad trip. I bet someone who worked with him at the time would have the inside scoop. I noted that Lois Reisdorf, who wrote up a detailed report of her time with him, asserted that she had never seen him take drugs of any kind and never (or rarely) even drank. Which I found a bit hard to believe. Others confirmed just the opposite.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Interesting story about the angel dust. I never tried it, so had no idea.

I don't remember if angel dust was banned in the original LSD policy or not and I never kept a shred of anything scn for reference. If it was banned, it would have been a revision as there was such a mad rush for LSD users to find out it was angel dust to become qualified.

I remember it as a Flag Order (1976?) banning the recruitment of LSD or Angel Dust takers. But I was never on recruitment lines, so the PCP part wasn't a big deal to me. It could have been a revision. I couldn't find the thing online, but I didn't look for more than a few minutes.

Paul

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
>>>>>>>>>>>>snip<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Come%2BTogether%2Bposter2.jpg
Tim%2Bwith%2BJohn%2Band%2BYoko2.jpg

Not sure what relevance this has other than the serendipitous counterpoint to LRH. But I am interested in why LSD was considered such an impediment to Scientology.
Does anyone have a handle on why LRH would single out LSD for that distinction?

Hm, welllllll, the obvious is that anything/substance that opens awareness, connects with universal consciousness, may have brought an individual to some form of self discovery, become themselves/realized individuals, and all that fun stuff, had the potential to see through his long-con bullshit and see him for what he truly was, a demented, flawed, lying conniving charlatan out for control, money, glory. His con depends on manipulation of thoughts by the 'unsure', conditioning, acceptance and control. Independent thinkers with some form of 'higher conscience' were a very real threat to Hubbard's ego as the 'source'. That be my 'Cole's Notes' version of a topic that has been discussed many times before.

:cheers:

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
When I was doing the comm course and the others (Ups and downs etc) I was told that the fact I'd taken LSD meant that I couldn't do the bridge.

It was different when I paid for the purif which then (would have) became my gateway to the bridge.

:omg: