What's new

Snow White Redux . . . a smoking derringer?

JustSheila

Crusader
Denny Gogerly, Treasurer WW? (GOWW)

I have some very vague memory of Herbie's signature being a pretty neat/legible HGParkhouse (maybe just the HGP was neat) and Denny's having a legible D but the rest being not so clear.

Paul

Yes. Herbie had a pretty signature, and clear. I vaguely remember that H G Parkhouse sig, too.

But Gogerly! That could be it! :thumbsup: The last name didn't make sense (and made us giggle trying to read it and we would have never thought Gogerly was a real name, so that would cause a big giggle. What an unusual surname!) and it was someone we'd never heard about.

Next mystery is how/when/why did GOWW have international signature over strictly org accounts. :hmm: Maybe they always did. We thought only ED Int and L Ron could do that from Int level, though. That's what policy said, anyway.

Every week at staff muster, the C/O AOLA displayed the GI and Comps, the FBO AOLA displayed payments to SOR, and the AG-F AOLA displayed his graphs and one of them was AOLA Reserves. It was a straight line, never anything going in or out, and that line was about $38 million USD or so until it was transferred into the USGO and out again. Whoosh! Gone.

Same happened at ASHO and FSO. FSO didn't put it through USGO, though.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But Googerly! That could be it! :thumbsup: The last name didn't make sense (and made us giggle trying to read it and we would have never thought Googerly was a real name, so that would cause a big giggle. What a strange surname!) and it was someone we'd never heard about.

Denzil Gogerly. Peruvian, I believe. Nice guy, unlike Herbie. :)

Ernest Denzil S Gogerly, I see after googling him. Died 1984. I met him a few times when I worked in Treasury AOSHUK. I interacted more with his wife Cathy, who worked as a Letter Reg typist (after leaving the GO) at the same time I was a Letter Reg.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks, Paul. RIP Denzil Gogerly. :heartflower:

By any chance do you know what year Herbie Parkhouse was taken off post?

From memory Jane, Herbie, David Gaiman etc all got removed around the same time. 1982? GOWW limped on for several months with Klaus Buchele as Guardian WW but it seemed to have been gutted.

That is all from memory. I'm sure Google would give more precise info.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
From memory Jane, Herbie, David Gaiman etc all got removed around the same time. 1982? GOWW limped on for several months with Klaus Buchele as Guardian WW but it seemed to have been gutted.

That is all from memory. I'm sure Google would give more precise info.

Paul

I completed FEBC in 1982 and was posted as ED for
about 2 weeks London day. David Gaimen and Herbie
had to do some amends by boosting London day div 6.

It was a sort of highlight of my day to meet with them.
I too wanted to boost div 6. At the time the whole 0rg
was dispirited. I've never seen a more dismal bunch of
people.David and Herbie at least had some
good ideas and knowledge. Some I implemented.

However I was subject to upper orgs demands for
better stats as my working life and Missionaires
whose goal seemed to be nullify me. I decided I
didn't want to live that way and soon after left.
I was ED for a week and then bait and badger.
Didn't work for me except in a negative way.

As a new ED I should have been doing non-existence.
However knowing nothing of current sits or potential
sources of stats I was expected to get stats up
right now. Of course I had no idea how to do that.
7 vols of green on white and a year of study dosn't
substitute for local knowledge.

A friend also on that FEBC evolution was told at
LA that 60%of those studying FEBC blew.

Gib

Crusader
CMO got involved in direct management in late 1979 when WDC was established. So they would not have been involved in SOR nor GOR. The GO had no control of SOR, that was handled by the SOR Chief who was Sea Org. The GO did have control of GOR which came from the 10% from the Mission Network. The GO were very desperate for funds at that time to defend the GO criminals - they set up the SEF fundraising as LRH would not let the church defend them. As for transfer org reserves overseas, this was probably the time Church of Scientology of California was being drained of all assets and turned into a shell corporation to avoid having assets that Wollersheim and others could go after.

The GO check signer you are talking about would most likely be Herbie Parkhouse - he was D/G Finance at World Wide and had full control of the GOR and other funds.

Other US GO people around this time besides Henning would be Artie Marin, Dick Wieland, Duke Snider, Ann Snider, Janet Lawrence, Dorie Deer-Hare, Mike Smith (little). There was also Fred and Ginger Ulan. Ginger was in GO Ext Comm along with Mike Howson and Fred in PR. They were the only people I remember dealing with. The US GO, besides some offices in the basement also had the 6th and 7th floor of the manor.

Janis, are you familiar with the hat pack for the GO as depicted here?

http://suppressiveperson.org/1966/03/01/hcopl-the-guardian/

as well as all the references and links?

This HCO Pl is 1966, just after 1965 KSW, and of course Hubbard blew from St Hill during that time to create the Sea Org, if I got it right?

I'm only asking because I know how Hubbard compartmentalized everything, and just curious.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes. Herbie had a pretty signature, and clear. I vaguely remember that H G Parkhouse sig, too.

But Gogerly! That could be it! :thumbsup: The last name didn't make sense (and made us giggle trying to read it and we would have never thought Gogerly was a real name, so that would cause a big giggle. What an unusual surname!) and it was someone we'd never heard about.

Next mystery is how/when/why did GOWW have international signature over strictly org accounts. :hmm: Maybe they always did. We thought only ED Int and L Ron could do that from Int level, though. That's what policy said, anyway.

Every week at staff muster, the C/O AOLA displayed the GI and Comps, the FBO AOLA displayed payments to SOR, and the AG-F AOLA displayed his graphs and one of them was AOLA Reserves. It was a straight line, never anything going in or out, and that line was about $38 million USD or so until it was transferred into the USGO and out again. Whoosh! Gone.

Same happened at ASHO and FSO. FSO didn't put it through USGO, though.

Sheila,

Glad you and Janis are having a good chat.

Regarding $ transfers

HCO PL 1 march 1966 Office of LRH GUARDIAN

4 th paragraph in the POWERS section states:
"
The Guardian may transfer any organization's funds anywhere at will. ..... "

too be clear there is much more following in that 4th paragraph.

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks dchoice.

In future, please have the courtesy of asking me before cross posting my posts to other sites. I'm not hard to reach by PM. Different sites have different publics. Not only are posts with heavy scn jargon or detailed names and mgmt positions inappropriate for some sites, but if there is a conflict, I'd prefer resolving it by PM with those involved than being told I am accusing others of lying or that I am personally lying or being publicly held as unreliable when I am pretty darn reliable with the facts and stories I present. My memory is far from perfect, but I do pretty well considering how many years ago all this happened. Like most of us, I left with no documents. All my things were pawed through by the RPF before I could leave.

I'm not infallible, nor is anyone else. Scientology lies, Scientologists lie, but I do my very best to tell things as accurately and with as much detail as possible.

phenomanon

Canyon
Hi Sheila

I don't know what happened to Dick Weigand. I have heard there are quite a few ex GO, including those that did jail time for the GO crimes, working for DMA David Morse and Associates in LA, I believe Tom and Nancy Reiter now own the company and they are Ex GO Clearwater. This is also the company where Craig Reisdorf was working when he first moved to LA from San Diego when he disconnected from the rest of his family as covered on Leah's interview with Lois, Gary, Brett and Brandon Reisdorf - so I guess those Ex GOers are still being used, but on the outside.

I just remembered there was also Greg Willardson and Craig Jensen who I believe is some wealthy FCCI now days.

Enjoyed the chat.

Janis

Hi, Girls. Do either of you remember a GO OP called APRiL? ( Alliance for Religious Liberty, referred to as "Alliance for Religious Lunatics" by us J&Ders)?
Do you remember Ralph ( "Ziggy") Woods?

JustSheila

Crusader
Hi, Girls. Do either of you remember a GO OP called APRiL? ( Alliance for Religious Liberty, referred to as "Alliance for Religious Lunatics" by us J&Ders)?
Do you remember Ralph ( "Ziggy") Woods?

I don't think I met Ziggy, but there was an April Huff in the GO. Would that be her?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks dchoice.

In future, please have the courtesy of asking me before cross posting my posts to other sites. I'm not hard to reach by PM. Different sites have different publics. Not only are posts with heavy scn jargon or detailed names and mgmt positions inappropriate for some sites, but if there is a conflict, I'd prefer resolving it by PM with those involved than being told I am accusing others of lying or that I am personally lying or being publicly held as unreliable when I am pretty darn reliable with the facts and stories I present. My memory is far from perfect, but I do pretty well considering how many years ago all this happened. Like most of us, I left with no documents. All my things were pawed through by the RPF before I could leave.

I'm not infallible, nor is anyone else. Scientology lies, Scientologists lie, but I do my very best to tell things as accurately and with as much detail as possible.

Fair enough Sheila, I apologize for any harm caused.
I suppose it should be kept in mind that although our postings are often directed to a specific issue and person we are using a public forum where just about anyone can read it.

JustSheila

Crusader
Fair enough Sheila, I apologize for any harm caused.
I suppose it should be kept in mind that although our postings are often directed to a specific issue and person we are using a public forum where just about anyone can read it.

Thanks, no worries. I liked chatting with Janis. Some of the other reactions (some on and some off the forums) weren't too nice, though. It's hard to tell a real life story on a forum, it always involves other people and if any part of your memory isn't accurate, it's bound to upset someone and then there's always that person or two in everyone's life who just wait around for an excuse to pounce on anything you do 'cause that's how they're made.

I've pretty much told everything by now, anyway, though.

As far as getting carried away with a personal thought or conversation with someone on a forum, I've done it plenty, too. No worries.

:hug:

Gib

Crusader
Sheila,

Glad you and Janis are having a good chat.

Regarding $ transfers

HCO PL 1 march 1966 Office of LRH GUARDIAN

4 th paragraph in the POWERS section states:
"
The Guardian may transfer any organization's funds anywhere at will. ..... "

too be clear there is much more following in that 4th paragraph.

I'm glad you spotted that. Further on it says:

"[FONT=&amp]The Guardian authorizes all new orgs and only the Guardian may shut down or move an org."

[/FONT]
I thought it was a suppressive act to close an org? LOL

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Emphasis mine.

Thanks, no worries. I liked chatting with Janis. Some of the other reactions (some on and some off the forums) weren't too nice, though. It's hard to tell a real life story on a forum, it always involves other people and if any part of your memory isn't accurate, it's bound to upset someone and then there's always that person or two in everyone's life who just wait around for an excuse to pounce on anything you do 'cause that's how they're made.

I've pretty much told everything by now, anyway, though.

As far as getting carried away with a personal thought or conversation with someone on a forum, I've done it plenty, too. No worries.

:hug:

If by that snarky comment you meant me, let me explain something to you (again).

You do not know how other people feel (or felt in the past) or how relationships and the dynamics between people ebb and flow ... you clearly think you do but you don't and your assessment of Mike Rinder and how he was manipulated by a "sneaky, vicious, psychotic witch" was wrong or at least was not how Mike Rinder recalled it.

Memory is a completely different thing, I expect we all have the occasional lapses in that dept, that's life.

I value ESMB too much to see it turn into a circus, make of that what you will ... I'm out.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Sheila

I don't know what happened to Dick Weigand. I have heard there are quite a few ex GO, including those that did jail time for the GO crimes, working for DMA David Morse and Associates in LA, I believe Tom and Nancy Reiter now own the company and they are Ex GO Clearwater. This is also the company where Craig Reisdorf was working when he first moved to LA from San Diego when he disconnected from the rest of his family as covered on Leah's interview with Lois, Gary, Brett and Brandon Reisdorf - so I guess those Ex GOers are still being used, but on the outside.

I just remembered there was also Greg Willardson and Craig Jensen who I believe is some wealthy FCCI now days.

Enjoyed the chat.

Janis

Welcome Janis

A bit of a jest here, but Gib referenced the Guardian Pl again and since it says in that PL that the Guardian Powers derive from the ED post, I would like to see Heber or Guillaume or whoever is current ED close down RTC and CSI. OR just move them lock, stock and barrel into trementina N.M prison

JustSheila

Crusader
Emphasis mine.

If by that snarky comment you meant me, let me explain something to you (again).

You do not know how other people feel (or felt in the past) or how relationships and the dynamics between people ebb and flow ... you clearly think you do but you don't and your assessment of Mike Rinder and how he was manipulated by a "sneaky, vicious, psychotic witch" was wrong or at least was not how Mike Rinder recalled it.

Memory is a completely different thing, I expect we all have the occasional lapses in that dept, that's life.

I value ESMB too much to see it turn into a circus, make of that what you will ... I'm out.

No, it wasn't aimed at you. You meant well at the time, so did Hobs, but you can certainly be snarky, like here, so I see your attitude changed.

[FONT=&amp]u clearly think you do but you don't and your assessment of Mike Rinder and how he was manipulated by a "sneaky, vicious, psychotic witch" was wrong[/FONT]

That was how I assessed things at the time but the mistake was 40 years ago, when I assigned the things said to me to the wrong person. Wrong person, but IMO, probably the right assessment. There was another Mike, in B1. Much younger than Val, too.

[FONT=&amp]Memory is a completely different thing, [/FONT]

That's a load of bunk.

That's exactly how memory works.

Personal memories include emotions, impressions, perceptions and personal judgments. If we are afraid, we remember things in that state. If we are angry, we remember things in that state, too. How we perceive things when we are afraid is different than when we are angry. I was terrified of Val Lisa, most people were, and had reason to be.

I'm still trying to figure out who had a name that sounded like "Rinder". Not that it matters, but it certainly bothers me that I got that so wrong.

Your attitude that I got it wrong on purpose, blah bah blah is ridiculous. Anyone who goes around assuming others make mistakes intentionally is going to have a poor outlook on life. Your assessment here is completely wrong. The irony and joke of it is, here you are telling me how I don't know how people feel, while you slap your own judgments on me as if you know what I remembered or not or what I felt or not. So you know how people feel, then? You claim to know so much about me and what I remembered or not and why. Yet we never even met. How OT of you.

You don't. Nobody knows what goes on inside others' heads, their thoughts and emotions, not me, not you, not anyone. That was how I remembered things. Now have a great time poking fun at me, ridiculing me and criticizing me for being wrong about Mike being Mike Rinder or for my perceptions as an 18 year old Sea Org member who was whisked off to work for USGO and didn't know wtf was going on and trying to figure it out at the time. For 40 years I had that part wrong. That's kind of a big deal to me.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Emphasis mine.

No, it wasn't aimed at you. You meant well at the time, so did Hobs, but you can certainly be snarky, like here, so I see your attitude changed.

That was how I assessed things at the time but the mistake was 30 years ago, when I assigned the things said to me to the wrong person. Wrong person, but IMO, probably the right assessment. There was another Mike, in B1. Much younger than Val, too.

That's a load of bunk.

That's exactly how memory works.

Personal memories include emotions, impressions, perceptions and personal judgments. If we are afraid, we remember things in that state. If we are angry, we remember things in that state, too. How we perceive things when we are afraid is different than when we are angry. I was terrified of Val Lisa, most people were, and had reason to be.

I'm still trying to figure out who had a name that sounded like "Rinder". Not that it matters, but it certainly bothers me that I got that so wrong.

Your attitude that I got it wrong on purpose, blah bah blah is ridiculous. Anyone who goes around assuming others make mistakes intentionally is going to have a poor outlook on life. Your assessment here is completely wrong.

You're doing it again ... this time you have apparently decided that I think that you "got it wrong on purpose" (but at no point did I say or imply that you "got it wrong on purpose" and I don't think that now) and then you've added your opinion (about me) based on that false assumption (apparently I am going to have a "poor outlook on life") and I suppose that will become your "memory" of this discussion ... mine will differ, a lot ... just as Mike Rinders did.

I give up ... do what you like.

JustSheila

Crusader
Emphasis mine.

You're doing it again ... this time you have apparently decided that something was said or implied by me (but at no point did I say or imply that you "got it wrong on purpose" and I don't think that now) and then you've added your opinion based on that false assumption (apparently I am going to have a "poor outlook on life") and I suppose that will become your "memory" of this discussion ... mine will differ, a lot ... just as Mike Rinders did.

I give up ... do what you like.

Emphasis mine. You're doing it again. And don't misquote me. I said "anyone" with that attitude. See? You've already mis-remembered what I said.