What's new

Auditing minus Scientology exist?

Veda

Sponsor
"What if Hubbard, in his huge outpouring of words, actually had - gasp - a good idea once in a rare while? Not Earth shaking or life changing but just some mild little idea. Is it a sin to acknowledge it?"

Because scientology and those using scientology to "fix" people are not content with an occasional insight. They use any insight, wherever it may have originated, to further scientology and to substantiate what they experienced in scientology as defined by scientology. If you attach the scientology name to the idea it implies the correctness of other ideas in scientology.

So, one should lie?

Wouldn't it be better and more effective - and better inoculate a person - to thoroughly describe Scientology, than to lie to the person about it?

"There may be some good ideas in the introductory parts of Scientology but they're not representative of the rest of Scientology which is waste of time and often harmful."

I'll just cut and paste this from an earlier post:

When confronted by a person, who is in the process of being lured into Scientology, and has just pleasantly used his newly acquired "Comm Course" skills to establish communication with, and happily extrovert, a withdrawn little old lady neighbor, and is very pleased with himself about his good deed, and equally as impressed with his success applying the "tech," don't go

300px-Profanity.svg.png

on the person, because that probably won't help free him from the sucking power of Scientology.

The fact is the little old lady did feel better, and was cheerfully extroverted.

Recognize that, and then take it from there.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, forget the cheese in the trap analogy.

Trying to find the "good bits" in the dump that is Scientology is like taking tweezers to comb through a steaming pile of shit to find a couple kernels of undigested corn, and then arguing the "nutritious value" of those bits of corn.

Yes, the corn may be nutritious, but maybe don't go looking for it in the steaming dump that is Scientology?

There are other places to find nutritious bits that aren't imbedded in a toxic stinking cult.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
"There may be some good ideas in the introductory parts of Scientology but they're not representative of the rest of Scientology which is waste of time and often harmful."

This states it more elegantly. But to be more precise.....

There may be some good ideas in the introductory parts of Scientology but they're not representative of the rest of Scientology, which will waste your time and money, and can be completely destructive to your well-being. Any good you might find is inextricably mixed with a manipulative money-hungry cult.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OK, forget the cheese in the trap analogy.

Trying to find the "good bits" in the dump that is Scientology is like taking tweezers to comb through a steaming pile of shit to find a couple kernels of undigested corn, and then arguing the "nutritious value" of those bits of corn.

Yes, the corn may be nutritious, but maybe don't go looking for it in the steaming dump that is Scientology?

There are other places to find nutritious bits that aren't imbedded in a toxic stinking cult.

It might be useful to isolate the raisins in the turds. But this could only realistically be done by, say, the 30-year vet who did the Briefing Course and audited in the AO HGC for thousands of hours, or whatever. It is not a project for someone not intimately familiar with the beast.

I'm curious, for example, about the hiccups thing. Is my "taking over the automaticity" a valid explanation? Is Veda's "remedy of scarcity" a valid explanation? Both explanations would be comprehensible to a trained Scio, although I don't know if there are non-Scn equivalents.

Paul

JustSheila

Crusader
It might be useful to isolate the raisins in the turds. But this could only realistically be done by, say, the 30-year vet who did the Briefing Course and audited in the AO HGC for thousands of hours, or whatever. It is not a project for someone not intimately familiar with the beast.

True, but that someone should also be familiar with other procedures and philosophies outside of scn for comparison. More importantly, studies that support or conflict with the claimed results.

I'm curious, for example, about the hiccups thing. Is my "taking over the automaticity" a valid explanation? Is Veda's "remedy of scarcity" a valid explanation? Both explanations would be comprehensible to a trained Scio, although I don't know if there are non-Scn equivalents.

Paul
Seems a valid expression to me. My never-in friends would say something like, "I was on automatic." They also refer to subconscious or automatic impulses. I use a similar cure for hiccups and sort of burp out the air bubble that's caught, but I can only do it ON the hiccup when it's coming up.

My never-in friends might also say "being aware and in the moment" and "off automatic."

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul

I actually think taking over automaticity makes sense. I mean, it sounds like common sense verbiage. You're doing something without thinking about it or controlling it, so you switch gears and now think about it, do it by deciding to do it. All fine and good. But...Remedy of scarcity?? Not so much. Sounds like typical Hubbard BS.

JustSheila

Crusader
I actually think taking over automaticity makes sense. I mean, it sounds like common sense verbiage. You're doing something without thinking about it or controlling it, so you switch gears and now think about it, do it by deciding to do it. All fine and good. But...Remedy of scarcity?? Not so much. Sounds like typical Hubbard BS.

The phrase "Remedy of scarcity" doesn't translate well to mainstream folks, but anyone who has had periods of high and low income easily understands the concept of 'getting used to having nice things again,' to be able to buy nice, new, durable things at good stores instead of shopping at Kmart or Walmart.

It's not a scn concept to feel you can have nice things and deserve them after going a long time without. In fact, a lot of doctors were motivated by a poor upbringing and a determination to have and do better for themselves.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The phrase "Remedy of scarcity" doesn't translate well to mainstream folks, but anyone who has had periods of high and low income easily understands the concept of 'getting used to having nice things again,' to be able to buy nice, new, durable things at good stores instead of shopping at Kmart or Walmart.

It's not a scn concept to feel you can have nice things and deserve them after going a long time without. In fact, a lot of doctors were motivated by a poor upbringing and a determination to have and do better for themselves.

Thanks JS. I would like to remedy my havingness, but there are no nice stores here, only Walmart! LOL
Just kidding. But I like the example you give of the doctor. Actually, anyone who wants nice things in life can work hard in school, get a high-paying career and actually DO THE HARD WORK.... that allows for one to have "high havingness". The same thing is not achieved by "mocking up" shit in a session.

Oh I'm aware of the gullible cultie who comes out of a mock-up havingness remedy-scarcity session, and then inherits a fortune from his dying parent, and promptly writes a success story THANKING LRH for this marvelous Tech! Instead of being just grateful to the parents who passed on their wealth.:melodramatic:

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks JS. I would like to remedy my havingness, but there are no nice stores here, only Walmart! LOL
Just kidding. But I like the example you give of the doctor. Actually, anyone who wants nice things in life can work hard in school, get a high-paying career and actually DO THE HARD WORK.... that allows for one to have "high havingness". The same thing is not achieved by "mocking up" shit in a session.

Oh I'm aware of the gullible cultie who comes out of a mock-up havingness remedy-scarcity session, and then inherits a fortune from his dying parent, and promptly writes a success story THANKING LRH for this marvelous Tech! Instead of being just grateful to the parents who passed on their wealth.:melodramatic:

Spot on! :thumbsup:

When I first left the Sea Org, to be able to afford to shop at Kohl's instead of Kmart was something of a personal milestone of achievement.
Old habits die hard, though. We were so poor growing up, that twice a year my mother would take me and my siblings out of school to go to big church rummage sales to buy our clothes for the year. Those days were so exciting and happy, getting up at 5 am in the pitch black to drive for two hours to the rich neighborhood and standing in line until the doors opened, racing around to our favorite sections, spending $20 apiece and filling up the car with goodies. :happydance:

One of my sisters is quite wealthy now, but she still goes to rummage sales every now and then, looking for treasures and reliving those happy, exciting family days. She certainly has no scarcity of havingness, though, judging from her cars, houses and exotic vacations!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Paul

I didn't explain myself well here, and mushed two ideas together.

1. The two possible explanations under consideration here regarding alleviating hiccups, taking over the automaticity or remedying scarcity: does one seem valid? both?

2. Are there any more-or-less exact translations of these Scn expressions in regular English, or even regular psychologese?

No need to repeat an answer if it's already been made.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
Since before Scientology I've fixed hiccups in self and others by saying/doing, "OK, for the next minute try to hiccup as many times as you can." Works every single time with me. After a few years in Scn I "discovered" it worked by consciously doing what the body was doing automatically, or taking over the automaticity. Dunno what the real reason is now.

Paul

It tends to put one at cause over the situation.
That may be all there is to it.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
So, one should lie?

Wouldn't it be better and more effective - and better inoculate a person - to thoroughly describe Scientology, than to lie to the person about it?

I'll just cut and paste this from an earlier post:

When confronted by a person, who is in the process of being lured into Scientology, and has just pleasantly used his newly acquired "Comm Course" skills to establish communication with, and happily extrovert, a withdrawn little old lady neighbor, and is very pleased with himself about his good deed, and equally as impressed with his success applying the "tech," don't go

300px-Profanity.svg.png

on the person, because that probably won't help free him from the sucking power of Scientology.

The fact is the little old lady did feel better, and was cheerfully extroverted.

Recognize that, and then take it from there.

And it's not a lie to use a process on a person without them knowing what your doing to them? And I'm not talking about the non existent little old lady you just used as an example, I'm talking about the young woman with the hiccups that you used a repetitive process on. Was that done to help her or test a process?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I didn't explain myself well here, and mushed two ideas together.

1. The two possible explanations under consideration here regarding alleviating hiccups, taking over the automaticity or remedying scarcity: does one seem valid? both?

2. Are there any more-or-less exact translations of these Scn expressions in regular English, or even regular psychologese?

No need to repeat an answer if it's already been made.

Paul

A third explanation is that the process keeps you amused until nature takes its course and the hiccups go away.

Fairly much the same way western medicine works much of the time.

:)

Spazz

I was screwed really bad by GO/OSA/Co$ but I married another born again wog. We're both trained auditors and we do unmetered dianetics, assists etc on each other and our bright happy children. I was just diagnosed with lung cancer and was in a state of shock and my Lilith of the Shadows did 2WC and a sweeeeeet Body Comm process and I'm not in shock now. In fact, I feel pretty good. I always knew I'd die someday. Now I know it's soon but it's imminence just makes life that much more precious and delightful.

So...

Yes,

I'd certainly say there is auditing w/o and in spite of scientology.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was screwed really bad by GO/OSA/Co$ but I married another born again wog. We're both trained auditors and we do unmetered dianetics, assists etc on each other and our bright happy children. I was just diagnosed with lung cancer and was in a state of shock and my Lilith of the Shadows did 2WC and a sweeeeeet Body Comm process and I'm not in shock now. In fact, I feel pretty good. I always knew I'd die someday. Now I know it's soon but it's imminence just makes life that much more precious and delightful.

So...

Yes,

I'd certainly say there is auditing w/o and in spite of scientology.

Welcome to the board, newbie. Sorry to hear of your condition. Mind my asking how old you are? We all must go one way or another. Stroke, cancer, heart attack....the big 3. Best wishes on your journey, glad you can get some relief and have a loving partner to be with you and help.

Spazz

Welcome to the board, newbie. Sorry to hear of your condition. Mind my asking how old you are? We all must go one way or another. Stroke, cancer, heart attack....the big 3. Best wishes on your journey, glad you can get some relief and have a loving partner to be with you and help.

yeah...

A Journey...

To a gurney...

A burny gurney no returny kinda journey

I'd been hoping for a classic Yankee punchout; big bundle up in front of the fireplace snowstorm in the evening giving way to sizzling thousands of stars in the ebony firmament, toasting marshmallows and drinking strong coffee to stay up to watch a waning fingernail crescent moon rise on Saturday's wee hours, six or seven hours sleep then put on galoshes, gloves, scarf, smell the frying eggs and bacon awaiting when the chore is done and out the door with shovel to a bright white sunny day of still air which has yet to shake the fresh fallen from branch and bush and have into it briskly cutting a broad neat path, warmed by the work, breaking a sweat under the sweater she knit for me eighteen years ago as I get to the bank raised by the village plow and one quick BOLT OF FIRE!!! through the chest, slip off the mortal coil amidst perfection and rise softly to perfection greater still...

Was what I had in mind.

What did I get?

Well we don't know yet...

It pretty much looks like ugly drawn out painful crap but maybe I can get on an airliner with a couple arab hijackers and the second they make their move I scream "Americans! Follow me!!!" jump up and rush them and be the only passenger they kill...

If I make October I'll be 68 wildkat, and yourself?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, and you're a poet, that was beautiful!!:thumbsup:

I'm in my sixties too. I had a sister who succumbed to cancer recently. She had two years to prepare, and I remember she told me she was grateful to have the time, knowing, when she could say everything she needed to say to loved ones and friends, and make the preparations. It was still hard, of course, but she had that gratitude for the extra time.

A sudden, unexpected departure doesn't give you that.

My dad, who is now 90 and in a nursing home, wept and pleaded with God at that time, why couldn't he take him instead of his daughter? I never got the answer to that question. My dad is not having much fun in the nursing home right now.

But now I'm rambling. I'll see you on your intro page.

Spazz

Actually I'm in an improved condition.

When sweet little Sheila, that's my little Sheila, MAN! That little girl is fine gave me the...uhh...somewhat slightly squirrel (merlot, bubble hash and the preclear is also not supposed to have the auditor feel his hands) body comm process had this huge wild cognition:

I don't have to survive, I can just live. I always like to just live anyway but also you have to do so much surviving that it feels like Dev-T. I'll be fighting for life but it's different, it's real living all in itself.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A third explanation is that the process keeps you amused until nature takes its course and the hiccups go away.

Except that left to themselves, my hiccups used to persist for maybe 20 minutes. Instead of gone in 30 seconds with the automaticity-address thing.

Fairly much the same way western medicine works much of the time.
:)

Now that bit I agree with. :)

Paul