What's new

ESMB Legends

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I nominate Kutta, who sadly passed away.
We met on here 32 years after leaving the cult.
Such a kind person and wrote interesting stuff on here.
RIP Gail!
Miss you!

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK! Everybody here except Sheila can kiss my withered old ass!
Never again will I cast my pearls of wisdom to you fookers!

Dammit Darlin', I knew I shoulda Posted my 40+...of which, your one...and woulda been high up on the "Short List" of my personal "Most Favorites" (I have hundreds of "Favorites") or Posted nothing at all.:blush:

For anyone that has been reading this Board a few years, it is abundantly clear just how much I adore phenomanon and appreciate, have been help by and value her truly unique, first hand "Take" on the real El Ron, her historical perspective and moxie. :thumbsup::yes::clap:

Face:flowers:

For You, mon chéri...

EDIT PS: I just corrected my customary and chronic Typos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHMZ07nA4g

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader
I nominate Kutta, who sadly passed away.
We met on here 32 years after leaving the cult.
Such a kind person and wrote interesting stuff on here.
RIP Gail!
Miss you!

I remember the day Kutta (Gail) told me she had cancer. I was sitting in my car, beside a beautiful park, speaking to her on the phone. It was an intense conversation. We spoke of the fight she knew she had in front of her. We spoke of going to India together, and China. She’d show me “her India” and I’d show her “my China”.

Our phone conversation ended with “I love you” and “I love you”.

I miss her very much.

Still loving you Gail.

:rose: :heartflower: :rose:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
:grouphug:

The thing is, for me, nobody was ever a Legend, hero, guiding light or any of that. God help me, Scientology cured me of any desire to search for a new guru or leader. :duh:

My first real friend here, though, was Scooter, and I love him. I love his family, his work and the way he overcame the horrors he went through.

Since I was in Australia, my next set of friends, support, comraderie, insight, laughter and joy on ESMB were mainly Australians. Jump is a darling, both on the Board and IRL. Then there's oneonewasaracecar, TheFixer, a whole bunch of Anons, Feral, Panda and other people on this Board who I've gotten so used to calling them by their real life names that I've forgotten their ESMB names! :blush:

Veda was there throughout, and we had some good, close friendship moments between us. I love Veda.

Then came HH, then Karen#1, and so many others. Again, they aren't Legends. They are real people to me. Friends. I mean that in the truest sense of the word, too, and they know what I mean. :bighug:

I don't just love Face and his writing, if it weren't for Face's support as a friend, I would never, ever have been able to write "A Nanny Story." His support and understanding meant the world to me and I needed it at the time. That story had stuck in my gut, heart and soul for decades, it was so painful, but he was there for me. He was a FRIEND. After writing that, Bea Kiddo and I shared a special understanding and became genuine FRIENDS IRL too. She's amazing. :bighug:

Then there are the superlative, gifted writers who touched my soul like no others, brought me through their emotional stories, their hopes and fears and I related to them as if I was living it myself. Glenda and John Duignan are the most gifted writers I've ever seen in or out of scn.

Then there are the especially gifted philosophers and one extra special scientist. TAJ and Gadfly for philosophy. Udarnik for science. :biglove: Oh what they've given us all!! Udarnik is one of a kind. How privileged we are to have him here! I've read every single one of his posts, some of them 3 or 4 times, and sometimes I refer back to the older ones 'cause they're so meaty. All of them have been friends to me.

LuluBelle for practicalstuff (as well as the latest celebrity goss, lol!), and Enthetan for politics and just a solid, conservative view. :biggrin:

There are folks that I always disagree on the smaller stuff but we always agree on the bigger, more important picture, like RogerB. RogerB helped me with something personal. We had to both think outside the box for that, but he was up to it. Don't underestimate the man!

Dulloldfart and I used to disagree but get along, if that makes sense. I don't know what happened there, but I'm pretty sure we've been friends throughout. He's so cool, always distilling the better bits out of scientology in a way that doesn't hurt people. :thumbsup: All the work he's done so those that leave scn can do it and not feel cut off or incomplete, but in a way that is safe, not culty or indoctrinating and even free.

Freethinker is awesome, because we get in heated disagreements as often as we completely agree, but he always has his own way of looking at things. Keeps me on my toes! Panda was that way, too. I enjoy Helena Handbasket sometimes, too' sometimes her creativity combined with imagination and wit just knocks my socks off. She's full of surprises.

TrevAnon was kind of new to the Board so at his request, I issued him his own, personal "Non-Enturbulation Order." :hysterical: I love him, too. He never got in a tiff with anyone, so he just had to have one, just on principle. :biggrin:

BigBlue is a special sort of honey to me. Ask him anything about renovations or the history of the complex, he's stunning and a joy to have around. Bill doesn't post nearly enough, gosh I love his posts, the way he expresses himself so clearly with so few words.

Most recently, Lotus and I seem to be tossing the ball back and forth and doing the GMTA thing, but Tess is stimulating the heck out of me with intellectual ways of looking at things. Mimsey keeps reminding me how scns think but really tosses the ball around from that direction, and Terril is handy here as probably our only FZ rep to tell us what goes on there.

WildKat, F. Bullbait, PirateandBum, Ogs, Gib, AngeloV, Strati, Pheno, Dchoice, Tess, OperatingDB, ThetanExterior, ITYIWT, Churchill, Knows, Renegade, sheesh, if I can list the top 200, maybe I can start to come close to listing the ones that are all 10 out of 10???

And you wanted THREE?!?!?! :omg:

So the problem isn't about being polite or anything, it's that there's about a hundred categories of top posters here and a lot of the posters keep changing. Everyone has a specialty and it all sort of works together and each part and each specialty is essential to ESMB. They're not legends. They're all just awesome and I love them to bits even when we scrap. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you Sheila, you're most kind.:blush:

For anyone that hasn't read "A Nanny Story" it is a must read, especially if you're a parent, were in the SO or SO parent/child.:yes::yes::yes:

EDIT PS: Sheila is for sure on my 49+ List.:thumbsup:

For you, Dearest Sheila...

Face:handinhand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unnowXc2jqk

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I had a huge cognition on this thread :yes:

You either become an ESMB legend or become Face's babe recipient of hugs and beautiful songs
:lol:

It has been brought to my attention (many pm's just received though) that many chicks deeply wish they'd be forgotten in the legends nominations :blush:

(can't have everything in life..it's either hugs or fame..) :confused2:

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader
I had a huge cognition on this thread :yes:

You either become an ESMB legend or become Face's babe recipient of hugs and beautiful songs

It has been brought to my attention (many pm's just received though) that many chicks deeply wish they'd be forgotten in the legends nominations :blush:

(can't have everything in life..it's either hugs or fame..) :confused2:

:giggle::giggle:

Awesome cognition Lotus!!!!!! (a few more for old-times sake... !!!!)

Would you like to write a success story? :wink2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGSb3pCUEM

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
It is? I just checked and all there is for 2017 is a single March snapshot of the front page, with links to the posts not working.

I don't know how to get a site mirrored there. Months ago I laboriously got every page of PaulsRobot3 indexed there, several thousand of them, by entering each page singly into the Wayback Machine. But there is no evidence that I can see of how to access that now, unless one lucks upon the exact date when it was done. And that is a static site! ESMB with its hundreds of new items daily seems even more problematic.

Paul

I went and looked after seeing your comment. It has been some time since I'd last looked but it was within the last 12 months. When I got there last night, I was not able to get even what you saw while on my iPad. However, I noticed that they are testing a new beta versio. I just went there just now using my PC and was able to access all the years of archived pages. It was last updated yesterday, April 21, 2017 , going back to early 2008. I searched by using the site name alone, not including the 'forum.'

Here is a link as it stands.
https://web-beta.archive.org/web/*/www.exscn.net

One may have to use the R >L scroll bar to see all years, if available. I suspect the trouble we encountered is due to them using a beta version while trying to update the site. That place to have them add a page if its not archived will probably come back once they figure out what they are doing. Usually it shows up when you check a site and they inform you that its the site or page is not archived, but would you like to archive it? if agreed, then it gets archived

guanoloco

As-Wased
Aren't you DB, PTS, R/Sing, Black V, Stage IV, out-list crims forgetting Ron?

I know he doesn't actually post but he's quoted enough.

HIP! HIP!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I went and looked after seeing your comment. It has been some time since I'd last looked but it was within the last 12 months. When I got there last night, I was not able to get even what you saw while on my iPad. However, I noticed that they are testing a new beta versio. I just went there just now using my PC and was able to access all the years of archived pages. It was last updated yesterday, April 21, 2017 , going back to early 2008. I searched by using the site name alone, not including the 'forum.'

Here is a link as it stands.
https://web-beta.archive.org/web/*/www.exscn.net

One may have to use the R >L scroll bar to see all years, if available. I suspect the trouble we encountered is due to them using a beta version while trying to update the site. That place to have them add a page if its not archived will probably come back once they figure out what they are doing. Usually it shows up when you check a site and they inform you that its the site or page is not archived, but would you like to archive it? if agreed, then it gets archived

Are we looking for different things? Today ESMB has about 1.1 million posts in 43,000 threads. A "snapshot" (to my mind) is an image of how something was at an instant in time, so I would expect a snapshot of ESMB at some moment on March 16, 2015 (say) to allow access to any of the 740,000 posts in 34,000 threads (or whatever) then existing. But it doesn't work like that. The "snapshot" allows one to read maybe 20 posts in 20 threads or that order of magnitude, which does little more than prove the site existed on that date and give a slight taste of what it's about.

Paul

T.Contax

ESMB Snapshot

... so I would expect a snapshot of ESMB at some moment on March 16, 2015 (say) to allow access to any of the 740,000 posts in 34,000 threads (or whatever) then existing.

Suggestion: Search for inspyder web2disk which will capture an entire web site to local disk (on schedule).

JustSheila

Crusader
I miss being able to get over here more often. This is a really good thread, filled with really good posts with nominees. I could spend all day writing down who I believe should be listed, but I don't have all day, though I wish I did. I hope to be able to get back here and put in my 2 cents but it seems that many have already noted the legends. I will add now that the members commenting on this are legends as well. Read their posts, as they have contributed much to help others and expose Scientology. :thumbsup:

I love ESMB, the members and the posts. There is something for everyone and most of it is reachable to the lurkers and general public. Each new person who speaks up, anonymously or not, is important. And each contribution of wisdom and experience by members here is often priceless. ESMB posts are indexed on the internet, meaning every word in the public forum categories is out there to be read.

The forum is also mirrored and updated on the Way Back Machine internet archive, providing hope that generations to come will have access to what is public on this forum. Emma, and now Ethercat, along with the moderators, are the real heroes of ESMB. They keep it alive! Much gratitude to them, as well.

Nice to see you, AnonyMary! :hug: What a beautiful post. You've been missed!

You're on my list of 10s out of 10, that's for sure. Thank you for all your work exposing Narconon! You're a legend for that. :yes:

Oh! And let's not forget all Pooks has done in that area, or our very own Ethercat.

:thankyou:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
I've always lived off of the crossroads of the world and away from large groups
of Scientologists, so I never got to benefit from much of the news and gossip
going on behind the scenes over the years. Though I'd questioned things in
Scientology all along as necessary, finding the Internet ex-groups in the early
2000's was a wonderful moment for me.

I can't begin to list all the legendary folks who helped me disentangle and disengage
from the Hubbardian cosmic/mental matrix. Reading their posts help me to decide
what to keep, what I considered to have been good for me, what to shelve as patently
questionable, and what to discard as obviously useless or a fantasy.

I'll only contribute a graphic of my "tipping points" and a thanks to everyone who has
posted around here. You know I love y'all.*

My tipping points began a while ago and was sort of a crescendo of memorable events.

GAT I
. . Current services cancelled. Asked to pay all over again, so I quit. Full stop.

Heretical Basics . .Must-read books by Corydon, Miller, and Atack.

blownforgood . .His riveting posts first surfaced in early 2006, shortly after he left the SO. Unmistakably "the real deal."

Truth Rundown Videos . .Everyone looked and sounded truthful in 2009. Videos speak for themselves.

Face & cowboy . .Doesn't get any better than these guys, does it?

Sarge 2013 . .The ultimate reveal. The coup de grâce.

*Except those few on my ignore list. :wink2:

Gib

Crusader
. . .
I've always lived off of the crossroads of the world and away from large groups
of Scientologists, so I never got to benefit from much of the news and gossip
going on behind the scenes over the years. Though I'd questioned things in
Scientology all along as necessary, finding the Internet ex-groups in the early
2000's was a wonderful moment for me.

I can't begin to list all the legendary folks who helped me disentangle and disengage
from the Hubbardian cosmic/mental matrix. Reading their posts help me to decide
what to keep, what I considered to have been good for me, what to shelve as patently
questionable, and what to discard as obviously useless or a fantasy.

I'll only contribute a graphic of my "tipping points" and a thanks to everyone who has
posted around here. You know I love y'all.*

My tipping points began a while ago and was sort of a crescendo of memorable events.

GAT I
. . Current services cancelled. Asked to pay all over again, so I quit. Full stop.

Heretical Basics . .Must-read books by Corydon, Miller, and Atack.

blownforgood . .His riveting posts first surfaced in early 2006, shortly after he left the SO. Unmistakably "the real deal."

Truth Rundown Videos . .Everyone looked and sounded truthful in 2009. Videos speak for themselves.

Face & cowboy . .Doesn't get any better than these guys, does it?

Sarge 2013 . .The ultimate reveal. The coup de grâce.

*Except those few on my ignore list. :wink2:

Debbie Cook was my savior. Of course I'm from a different generation or timeline from lots of those that have spoken here to discuss, but whether one post or many, for which w/o their communications here I would be left in the dark and still floundering.

I don't know how many "scientologits" are left, but I think not that many, less than 10,000, and really only staff.

Every new voice is welcome.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Gerry Armstrong doesn't post here but IMO he deserves an honorable mention. Also:

afaceinthecrowd
HelluvaHoax!
Denise
Smilla
Clamicide
Karen#1
Gadfly

:cheers:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Hell this could be a long list....
LOL

I just re-read this thread....

So many beautiful people have hung out on ESMB and contributed their very uniquely wondrous magic & alchemy[sup]1[/sup].

Each. . .eloquently writing a volume in the encyclopedia of:

"The Horrifically Hysterical History of
Hellish Hubbardian Hubris,
Hip-Hip-Whore-Aying &
Hip-Hip-Hyp-Ocrisy"

Each. . .elegantly pressing their palms into ESMB's wet cement.

[sup]1[/sup] Alchemy -noun: 1) medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transforming of base metals into gold, 2) (scientology) the allegorical science of transforming degraded beings into OT gods which, in practice, actually transformed otherwise average people into naval-costumed cult fanatics [wearing (gold) base medals] into full-fledged gold (base) mentals.

/

Last edited: