What's new

What if it wasn't dub in?

I tried.

Some time past a friend passed on. His wife, also a close friend, I suppose feeling my distress at the news, told me that he had joined a new family. I knew the mother by name and sight, they being well-known at Flag.

Some time later I passed her and her little boy, who was around 2, at the Ft. Harrison. I gave him a big smile and he said "Hello, cowboy!". (No, I am not a cowboy.)

Recently, I sent him, now an adult, a pm on facebook. I just said hello, I haven't seen you in a long time, hope all is well, etc.

I didn't press him for a reply, and he has not, though I hope he smiled, knowing I was still around and that I remembered him from long ago.
Inasmuch as I believe in past lives, once in a blue moon I wonder what sort of lives my parents have now.

I just don't know how accessible the memories of past lives are. In all of the past lives I ran in session or recalled out of session, perhaps I can count on one hand the ones that have the ring of truth. The rest was wishful thinking or dub in.

In a way it is like Hubbard's theory on charge as discussed in the Time Track HCOBs. It comes to life when you put your attention on it. When I look at past posts I have written here, many times I have no recall whatsoever of having written them, and less of the circumstances surrounding them. If I tease at them, I can I can figure out my frame of mind, or recall posting them. I think past lives are a lot like that. They cease being created, and it takes a pretty specific trigger to resurrect them.

I guess it is like your past lives are kept in a vast unlit room, and it is pitch black inside this room except for a small lighted area which are your current memories. When you look further into your past, all you have is a small flashlight, and see a miniscule portion of what is there. Occasionally you hit on something real, the rest is conjecture.

For those that aren't familiar with Hubbard's Time Track HCOBs which were on the old Dianetic courses such as the HDA and the HSDC, he discusses the permanently charged portions of the bank (GPMs) and the ones that charge up when you look at them - locks - which sit on earlier charged incidents - secondaries and engrams. If you believe in locks, secondaries, engrams and GPMs having sway over a person's actions as Hubbard puts it, it make sense. Otherwise, not so much. There is a really interesting description of the auditor's role in controlling the time track, much as a projectionist running a film forwards and backwards, because it really sounds more like a description of a hypnotist at work than anything else.

I have a friend who thought ( and may still do so) that his son was someone he knew that was on OT3 but passed away. So, you aren't the only one. Who knows?

Mimsey

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Ah, if something somewhere would PROVE that some part of scientology was TRUE.

How come when the old boy went storming off to find the great treasures he's buried in past lives only resulted in hisself being royally pissed off & empty handed !

PeterPier

Patron
Ah, if something somewhere would PROVE that some part of scientology was TRUE.

How come when the old boy went storming off to find the great treasures he's buried in past lives only resulted in hisself being royally pissed off & empty handed !

EVERY significant positive claim about scamology has LONG ago been falsified. All that's left is is shambling corpse.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Well, one could consider we are elsewhere & all this experience we are having is what really is just our dreaming ?

So what if it ain't dub in but is our dream & we aren't even really here - nor have we ever been.

What a funny thread.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I like the theory of this being a hologram.

I'm considering the idea that we are elsewhere & " this lifetime experience " is a dream.

The old " There is only here & now " which I see as real, but, then if this is a dream then there is no here & now . . . is there ?

However, on a spiritual level, there is existence. On a spiritual level there can be no non- existence for a spirit.

So many lies that were presented as truth that I now have to sort through - I be peeling my onion.

If only all layers of what onion didn't look or smell the way they do as I look at them from outside the cult.

It ain't a cracker jack box with a prize - what I get out of this is me. Well, some version of me . . . . in my dream :roflmao:

I DO like the idea of a hologram. Now I wonder why I let this body get old & wrinkled, uh,& gain so much weight !

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
What if the real "you" is a spiritual being (thetan) that has split-off parts of itself to inhabit various meat bodies?

The real "you" (higher self) would exist outside of matter, energy, space and time and could therefore have parts of itself controlling bodies in several different time periods simultaneously.

Therefore, even though we think of time as linear, our higher self could be viewing all of its human lives as though they were happening right now.

This is just a theory so please don't ask for documentary evidence.:hide:

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
What if the real "you" is a spiritual being (thetan) that has split-off parts of itself to inhabit various meat bodies?

The real "you" (higher self) would exist outside of matter, energy, space and time and could therefore have parts of itself controlling bodies in several different time periods simultaneously.

Therefore, even though we think of time as linear, our higher self could be viewing all of its human lives as though they were happening right now.

This is just a theory so please don't ask for documentary evidence.:hide:

Step one in finding out who you are - stop hiding under that chair.

RogerB

Crusader
For those interested . . .

Archeological remote viewing in Japan with Joseph McMoneagle

Fascinating recent interview with Joe McMoneagle.
Joe describes a six-year remote viewing project to identify the historicity of a mythical, shaman empress of ancient Japan named Himiko.

At 23 minutes he discusses how the Japanese are open to evidence-based paranormal in a way that Americans have not been. Read more about Joe.

[video=youtube;F-8puX-83o4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-8puX-83o4[/video]

This link is also informative: http://www.victorzammit.com/April28th2017/
/

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

Time is a dimension. Let's not forget that. :coolwink:
Once one gets that (in the sense of how physicists get it, not in some arbitrary esoteric sense) some things become clearer... less complicated. :)

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Re: What if it was done by ET's?

There floats out there that there is not a really not a universal consciousness but it is really ET's sending us thoughts.

That sheds a different light on Socrates, Einstein, Steve Jobs as being able to meditate to a higher state !

So many workable things out there & dear old scientology has nothing workable . . . well, it has delusion !

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Time is a dimension. Let's not forget that. :coolwink:
Once one gets that (in the sense of how physicists get it, not in some arbitrary esoteric sense) some things become clearer... less complicated. :)

Other dimensions are very real to me; however, the current concept of time just doesn't work for me. If, as I believe, there is only here & now. That puts "time' in the realm of one of those beat-to-death-words " arbitrary ".

RogerB

Crusader
Well now, here is an interesting one . . . let's see how the unbelievers can construe this as "untrue" or merely "anecdotal" :melodramatic:

3-year-old boy remembers his past life, locates his body and identifies the man who murdered him

Reincarnation has remained on the fringe of scientific inquiry for a long time, despite a number of scientists urging the mainstream community to research it further — and for good reason. Decades ago, American astronomer and astrobiologist Carl Sagan said that “there are three claims in the (parapsychology) field which, in my opinion, deserve serious study,” with one being “that young children sometimes report details of a pervious life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any other way than reincarnation.”

This topic falls into the ever-growing study of non-material sciences. At the end of the nineteenth century, physicists discovered something that could not be explained by classical physics. This led to the development of quantum mechanics, which has now proven that the material foundations of our world are not the real foundations we think they are. Quantum mechanic suddenly introduced the mind into its conceptual structure, because all of the results coming from quantum mechanics suggest that the physical world is no longer the primary or sole component of reality.

“Despite the unrivaled empirical success of quantum theory, the very suggestion that it may be literally true as a description of nature is still greeted with cynicism, incomprehension and even anger.”
– T. Folger, “Quantum Shmantum”; Discover 22:37-43, 2001​

The quote below is from Dr. Gary Schwartz, a professor of psychology, medicine, neurology, psychiatry, and surgery at the University of Arizona. He and a number of other sciences explain these concepts in their Manifesto for a Post-Materialist Science:

The ideology of scientific materialism became dominant in academia during the 20th century. So dominant that a majority of scientists started to believe that it was based on established empirical evidence, and represented the only rational view of the world. Scientific methods based upon materialistic philosophy have been highly successful in not only increasing our understanding of nature but also in bringing greater control and freedom through advances in technology. However, the nearly absolute dominance of materialism in the academic world has seriously constricted the sciences and hampered the development of the scientific study of mind and spirituality. Faith in this ideology, as an exclusive explanatory framework for reality, has compelled scientists to neglect the subjective dimension of human experience. This has led to a severely distorted and impoverished understanding of ourselves and our place in nature.

When it comes to reincarnation specifically, it directly relates to the study of consciousness — something that Max Plank regarded as “fundamental” in relation to quantum mechanics. In fact, Eugene Wigner, another Nobel Prize winning scientist/mathematician, once told the world that “it was not possible to formulate the laws of quantum mechanics without reference to consciousness.”

The Scientific Study of Reincarnation

University of Virginia psychiatrist Jim Tucker is arguably the world’s leading researcher on this topic, and in 2008, he published a review of cases that were suggestive of reincarnation in the journal Explore.

A typical reincarnation case, described by Jim, includes subjects reporting a past life experience. The interesting thing is that 100% of subjects who report past life remembrance are children. The average age when they start remembering their past life is at 35 months, and their descriptions of events and experiences from their past life are often extensive and remarkably detailed. Tucker has pointed out that these children show very strong emotional involvement when they speak about their experiences; some actually cry and beg their parents to be taken to what they say is their previous family.

According to Tucker, “The subjects usually stop making their past-life statements by the age of six to seven, and most seem to lose the purported memories. This is the age when children start school and begin having more experiences in the current life, as well as when they tend to lose their early childhood memories.”

There are many of these strange cases, and you can check out more in an article we previously published about six of them here: 6 Extraordinary Cases of Kids Who Remember Their Past Lives.

This Case

This article, however, focuses on a different case. And it starts with a doctor named Eli Lasch, a prominent physician in Israel who served as a senior consultant in the coordination of health services in the Gaza Strip. He passed away in 2009, but before he did, he was investigating a supposed reincarnation case in which a three-year old boy claimed to have remembered a past life. In this life, he remembered being struck by a big blow to the head with an axe, and having a long, red birthmark on his head.

The present-day boy, whose name remained confidential throughout the entire study, also had a birthmark in the exact same spot, which is interesting because multiple studies, like the one published in Explore, point out how shared birthmarks are common to children who remember their past lives.

You can see more examples of this in this article.

The boy’s father and a number of other relatives in the village decided to visit neighbouring communities to see if his past life identity could be established and Dr. Lasch was invited to join. On this journey, they visited multiple villages until the boy remembered the right one. He remembered his own first and last name, as well as the first and last name of his murderer.

According to the Institute for the Integration of Science, Intuition, and Spirit:
A member of this community, who had heard the boy’s story, said that he had known the man that the boy said that he was in the past lifetime. This man had disappeared 4 years earlier and was never found. It was assumed that this person must have come to some misfortune as it was known that individuals were killed or taken prisoner in the border areas between Israel and Syria for being suspected of being spies.

The group went through the village and at one point the boy pointed out this past life house. Curious bystanders gathered around and suddenly the boy walked up to a man and called him by name. The man acknowledged that the boy correctly named him and the boy then said:
“I used to be your neighbor. We had a fight and you killed me with an ax.”

Dr. Lasch then observed that this man’s face suddenly became white as a sheet. The 3-year-old than stated:
“I even know where he buried my body.”

The boy then led the group, which included the accused murderer, into fields that were located nearby. The boy stopped in front of a pile of stones and reported:
“He buried my body under these stones and the ax over there.”

Excavation at the spot under the stones revealed the skeleton of an adult man wearing the clothes of a farmer, and on the skull, they observed a linear split consistent with an axe wound. In 1998, Dr. Lasch related this case history to Trutz Hardo, who practices past life regression in Germany. Mr. Hardo subsequently included the story in his book Children Who Have Lived Before, published in 2005.

Snipped , , , , more with a video at link

/

RogerB

Crusader
This gem came to me in an email this earlier in the week from a very good long time friend of mine who happens to be one of the very best practicing scientists I know of.

Also note, the links to Rupert Sheldrake are really worth going to for those interested in true science and good science.

Good Science vs. BAD Science
by Prof Keith

Several times over the years one or more of my subscribers have asked me to explain what good science looks like. Well, it’s much easier to describe BAD science because it’s everywhere, right in front of your face.

Never mind nit-picking over the “p” number or sample sizes. The whole ambience sucks. This is especially true of medical science, where there are massive financial incentives to cut corners, to cheat, to outright lie.

I like the words of Jon Rappoport, investigative journalist extraordinaire…
“There is a system designed to affect every human on the planet, from cradle to grave. For each person, I’m talking about 30 or 40 diagnoses of physical and mental conditions, many of which are false; and treatment with toxic chemicals that progressively debilitate, confuse, weaken, and destroy health and life. What would you call this system? Who would you blame?” (The Underground, Jon Rappoport)​

Or consider the writings of Dr. Marcia Angell, former editor of The New England Journal of Medicine, in the NY Review of Books, January 15, 2009, “Drug Companies & Doctors: A Story of Corruption”:
“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.”​

During her 20 years of work, Angell looked at, perused, and analyzed more medical studies than all mainstream science bloggers in the world put together. She would know the truth, notwithstanding that she was part of the scamming and criminality for all those years.Or read these remarks, by Richard Horton (another pro’s pro), editor-in-chief, The Lancet, in The Lancet, 11 April, 2015, Vol 385, “Offline: What is medicine’s 5 sigma?” [5 sigma is a statistical measure of something being very unlikely indeed].
“The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness…​
“The apparent endemicity of bad research behavior is alarming. In their quest for telling a compelling story, scientists too often sculpt data to fit their preferred theory of the world. Or they retrofit hypotheses to fit their data. Journal editors deserve their fair share of criticism too. We aid and abet the worst behaviors. Our acquiescence to the impact factor fuels an unhealthy competition to win a place in a select few journals. Our love of ‘significance’ pollutes the literature with many a statistical fairy-tale…Journals are not the only miscreants. Universities are in a perpetual struggle for money and talent…”​

Horton makes reference to a recent symposium he attended at the Wellcome Trust in London. The subject of the meeting was the reliability of published biomedical research. His following quote carries additional force because he and other attendees were told to obey Chatham House rules (meaning no one was allowed to reveal who made any given comment during the conference):
“A lot of what is published is incorrect.’ I’m not allowed to say who made this remark [at the conference] because we were asked to observe Chatham House rules. We were also asked not to take photographs of slides. Those who worked for government agencies pleaded that their comments especially remain unquoted, since the forthcoming UK election meant they were living in ‘purdah’—a chilling state where severe restrictions on freedom of speech are placed on anyone on the government’s payroll. Why the paranoid concern for secrecy and non-attribution? Because this symposium—on the reproducibility and reliability of biomedical research, held at the Wellcome Trust in London last week—touched on one of the most sensitive issues in science today: the idea that something has gone fundamentally wrong with one of our greatest human creations [biomedical science]”.​

Conventional science bloggers, take notice. You’re working in a field of bad science where studies supporting the general consensus are tainted and stained.

bad-science-march-for-science.jpg

More Bad Science… The March for Lies and Deceit

You will be aware that we are currently seeing the drama of “Marching For Science”. Only it isn’t a march for science; it’s a march for lies and deceit. We’d all back science, IF WE COULD TRUST IT. But it’s obvious we can’t.

The loonies who call homeopathy and energy medicine “junk science” are actually the worst of hypocrites. “Voodoo science” is another sneering epithet they like to use. They have an almost total monopoly on junk science!

The Big Bang theory is wall-to-wall junk and bad science. None of it fits the facts. Where there are gaps, they just invent concepts to cover over the discrepancies, like “dark matter”. This dishonest re-engineering of data has become so ingrained in our “science” culture, people just accept it.

But don’t you dare criticize it! Oh No! Even Cambridge boffin Rupert Sheldrake has been ostracized for suggesting there might be some weaknesses in current scientific theories.

As a result, his books have been offered for burning (John Maddox, editor Nature Journal) and his very informative and entertaining lecture on TED talks has been removed. Interestingly, before it was removed from their main website it had had about 35,000 views. Since it was “banned” it has been seen by approximately three million people. So much for suppression of the truth!

bad-science-john-maddox.jpg

Rupert Sheldrake speaking at TEDx

THING IS, THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC DEBATE ANY MORE. It’s bullying, closed ranks, thuggery and fascist oppression, directed at anyone who dares ask question outside of the box. You could lose your funding and entire lifetime career: it happened to my friend Jacques Benveniste (the “memory of water” man).

What galls me is that these thought criminals seem to take their vicious position from the belief they are actually right! You’d think there is nothing wrong with any current scientific theory and to suggest any improvements is to attack the very foundations of truth.

That’s not how learning and progress take place.

There is a lot that doesn’t make sense in science. We need newer, fresher theories, especially in medicine. Without progress, we would be stuck in the age of leeches, blood letting and surgery without anesthetics. Surgeons would not wash their hands and would still operate wearing only their street clothes!

You can watch the banned TEDx talk and Rupert Sheldrake doing a very good job of challenging current science dogmas on his own website by clicking here.

Take particular note of the expression “intellectual phase-locking” given him by a scientist, meaning what we would call “fudging”, to make results appear the way other people think they ought to be!

It even makes fraud sound scientific, doesn’t it?

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
The loonies who call homeopathy and energy medicine “junk science” are actually the worst of hypocrites

Yup, that's me alright! I've never thought of myself as a 'fascist oppressor' though, but if the cap fits I guess I'd better wear it. :biggrin:

This gem came to me in an email this earlier in the week from a very good long time friend of mine who happens to be one of the very best practicing scientists I know of.

Also note, the links to Rupert Sheldrake are really worth going to for those interested in true science and good science.
I tried to make some that post here aware of his research, but made little headway. Some prefer the debunkers bile to taking the time to investigate him for themselves. It's the old adage - you can take a horse to the river, but you can't make him drink.

The issues with non-conforming theories being ignored as not being mainstream will only end up costing all of us. As an example, for years it is being hammered throughout the press that the planet is warming, man is causing climate change, yet that is not what the actual statistics support. Rather the opposite is the case - the planet is cooling. We are sliding into a solar minimum which was predicted years ago, but receives little traction in the news, despite the dire consequences to us all. The last big one, the maunder minimum, millions starved or froze to death. It was a period of great unrest and it was followed by another lesser one, the Dalton minimum.

The science is there to support it, the declining # of solar sunspots, CME's, solar radiation, etc. and their relationship to the planetary weather, the change in the energy output of the sun resulting in the weakening of the earth's magnetic field, which allows more cosmic radiation to enter the atmosphere, the resultant increase of cloud cover and it's albedo effects, the jet streams moving further south, bringing the cold polar air further south, resulting in the recent wheat crop failure and cattle die off. Watch your food prices spike on that one.

But, no, it's climate change driven by humans, it's the CO2 we generate, it's global warming, despite statistics showing the opposite. Well, as time passes, we shall see who's right and who's wrong. Hope you bet on the thirsty horse.

Mimsey

PS. It is currently snowing in the local Los Angeles mountains. It is May. WTF?

Little Ice Age

June 5, 2015 / K. Jan Oosthoek / Comments Offon Little Ice Age

The Little Ice Age was a period of regionally cold conditions between roughly AD 1300 and 1850. The term “Little Ice Age” is somewhat questionable, because there was no single, well-defined period of prolonged cold. There were two phases of the Little Ice Age, the first beginning around 1290 and continuing until the late 1400s. There was a slightly warmer period in the 1500s, after which the climate deteriorated substantially, with the coldest period between 1645 and 1715 . During this coldest phase of the Little Ice Age there are indications that average winter temperatures in Europe and North America were as much as 2°C lower than at present.

There is substantial historical evidence for the Little Ice Age. The Baltic Sea froze over, as did many of the rivers and lakes in Europe. Pack ice expanded far south into the Atlantic making shipping to Iceland and Greenland impossible for months on end. Winters were bitterly cold and summers were often cool and wet. These conditions led to widespread crop failure, famine, and population decline. The tree line and snowline dropped and glaciers advanced, overrunning towns and farms in the process. There were increased levels of social unrest as large portions of the population were reduced to starvation and poverty.

Maunder Minimum
The exact cause of the Little Ice Age is unknown, but there is a striking coincidence in the sunspot cycle and the timing of the Little Ice Age. During the Little Ice Age, there is a minimum in sunspots, indicating an inactive and possibly cooler sun. This absence of sunspots is called the Maunder Minimum.

Sunspot_Numbers.png

Sunspot numbers
Source: Wikipedia/ Robert A. Rohde

The Maunder Minimum occurred during the coldest period of the Little Ice Age between 1645 and 1715 AD, when the number of sunspots was very low. It is named after British astronomer E.W. Maunder who discovered the dearth of sunspots during that period. The lack of sunspots meant that solar radiation was probably lower at this time, but models and temperature reconstructions suggest this would have reduced average global temperatures by 0.4ºC at most, which does not explain the regional cooling of the climate in Europe and North America.

Much more at the link
https://www.eh-resources.org/little-ice-age/

[video=youtube;ZTJCY6M-3fY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTJCY6M-3fY[/video]

[video=youtube;5c4XPVPJwBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4XPVPJwBY[/video]

[video=youtube;52Mx0_8YEtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg[/video]

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Ya, Mimse . . . good post valid on all points.

Both ProfKeith and Sheldrake lay it out so elegantly . . . I just redid Sheldrake's TEDx video . . . he is so bloody brilliant, lucid and articulate

And when one compares his articulation of the facts of his and other good science to the one-line-debunker-deniers . . . how can the one-liner artists have any credibility??

And as you note, we see too much of the inarticulate one-liner-debunkers here! Rational discourse is not their forte :no: . . .

I was for 20+ years a member of the Am. Association for the Advancement of Science . . . one thing I learned there was the extent of the practice of deceitful deliberate destructive debunking of valid materials that exposed the errors of the incompetent and/or the deceit of deceivers in the science community.

Actually, on Sheldrake's site there is a link to a video discussion between Sheldrake and Bruce Lipton . . . two of my favorite guys. It is really worth the watching.

And by the way . . . your schtick on the coming ice age has some real basis in science. I was made aware of it 30+ years ago . . . this before the man made global warming thing got traction.

Indeed there is a video out on the internet of that title . . . I forget the name of the guy who crunched the numbers to demonstrate the validity of the prediction . . . in fact, he shows that part of the creating of the ice age is indeed a preceding increase in atmospheric CO2!!

R

PS: Mimse, as I continue catching up on my morning reading, I see a monster frost has decimated the European wine growing areas this week . . . umm, even jolly England which sits in the Gulf Stream, its grape vines killed off for this year.

Last edited:
Ya, Mimse . . . good post valid on all points.

Both ProfKeith and Sheldrake lay it out so elegantly . . . I just redid Sheldrake's TEDx video . . . he is so bloody brilliant, lucid and articulate

And when one compares his articulation of the facts of his and other good science to the one-line-debunker-deniers . . . how can the one-liner artists have any credibility??

And as you note, we see too much of the inarticulate one-liner-debunkers here! Rational discourse is not their forte :no: . . .

I was for 20+ years a member of the Am. Association for the Advancement of Science . . . one thing I learned there was the extent of the practice of deceitful deliberate destructive debunking of valid materials that exposed the errors of the incompetent and/or the deceit of deceivers in the science community.

Actually, on Sheldrake's site there is a link to a video discussion between Sheldrake and Bruce Lipton . . . two of my favorite guys. It is really worth the watching.

And by the way . . . your schtick on the coming ice age has some real basis in science. I was made aware of it 30+ years ago . . . this before the man made global warming thing got traction.

Indeed there is a video out on the internet of that title . . . I forget the name of the guy who crunched the numbers to demonstrate the validity of the prediction . . . in fact, he shows that part of the creating of the ice age is indeed a preceding increase in atmospheric CO2!!

R

PS: Mimse, as I continue catching up on my morning reading, I see a monster frost has decimated the European wine growing areas this week . . . umm, even jolly England which sits in the Gulf Stream, its grape vines killed off for this year.
The Great Global warming Swindle video shows how it corrupts a lot of science - You may want to study magic mushrooms but can't get funding, however, if your grant request paper includes how the magic mushroom research could show them causing global warming, you have a much better chance getting funding. It's a corrupting influence because it has been politicized.

Mimsey