What's new

New here

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
and, oh yeah, do not pay off your Freeloader Debt. It isn't legally enforceable and if anything they should be paying you for back owed overtime with interest.
:buttkick:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't think the military should be the primary option due to risk of being sent to Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria. However, IIRC s/he could take one of the aptitude tests offered by one of the service branches to get an idea of what s/he would be trained for, thus giving a good idea of what kind of service would be involved.

Then there's this: Much of the military is being used contrary to the Constitution and for the nefarious regime-change goals (e.g. Syria) of neo-con globalists. Not sure I'd want to contribute to that effort.

The Coast Guard might be an option.

With 1.2 million or so active military members in the US, the chances of being caught up in the current overseas conflicts is minuscule. That being said, your idea of the Coast Guard is excellent!

I sure as fuck wish I had blown staff and Scientology to join the Coast Guard!

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
With 1.2 million or so active military members in the US, the chances of being caught up in the current overseas conflicts is minuscule. That being said, your idea of the Coast Guard is excellent!

Coast Guard (and rest of the military) would not care that you just ran off from a cult. You get food and housing, can get a college education , and when you complete your enlistment you get former -military preferences for many jobs.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Don't think the military should be the primary option due to risk of being sent to Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria. However, IIRC s/he could take one of the aptitude tests offered by one of the service branches to get an idea of what s/he would be trained for, thus giving a good idea of what kind of service would be involved.

Then there's this: Much of the military is being used contrary to the Constitution and for the nefarious regime-change goals (e.g. Syria) of neo-con globalists. Not sure I'd want to contribute to that effort.

[HIGHLIGHT]The Coast Guard might be an option.[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT]I sure as fuck wish I had blown staff and Scientology to join the Coast Guard![/HIGHLIGHT]
All U.S. military branches are concerned with four subjects for enlistment. Graduate from high school or earned a GED equivalent. No felonies or serious misdemeanors, although those can be waived depending on the circumstances. Mental and physical health. Age. Favorably meet all those criteria and congratulations, you're a recruit on your way to basic training.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
All U.S. military branches are concerned with four subjects for enlistment. Graduate from high school or earned a GED equivalent. No felonies or serious misdemeanors, although those can be waived depending on the circumstances. Mental and physical health. Age. Favorably meet all those criteria and congratulations, you're a recruit on your way to basic training.

Then there is this article from Tony Ortega regarding how the VA doesn't include the Scientology cross on it's list of religious symbols

http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/14/so...notify-the-va-that-scientology-is-a-religion/
_____
It made me wonder if Scientology is on a list of groups known for anti-government plots. Even the Muslim crescent & star is included. We have very important strategic alliances with some Islamic countries so I can understand how it would be included but maybe Scientology's history of burglarizing government offices has something to do with it.
_____
http://www.instinct.org/texts/bluesky/bs5-3.htm

///
Meisner's incredible luck had finally turned. The GO operation in Washington was finished. A "Church" had penetrated U.S. government agencies willy-nilly. They had come and gone undetected for eighteen months, copying tens of thousands of pages of government files, including very sensitive and restricted material. It is little wonder that when the FBI raid against the Church of Scientology finally came, a year later, it was a show of strength. Few people would understand the reason for such a show. It was intended for those in the Guardian's Office, who would understand only too well.
///

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Then there is this article from Tony Ortega regarding how the VA doesn't include the Scientology cross on it's list of religious symbols

http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/14/so...notify-the-va-that-scientology-is-a-religion/
_____
It made me wonder if Scientology is on a list of groups known for anti-government plots. Even the Muslim crescent & star is included. We have very important strategic alliances with some Islamic countries so I can understand how it would be included but maybe Scientology's history of burglarizing government offices has something to do with it.
_____
http://www.instinct.org/texts/bluesky/bs5-3.htm

///
Meisner's incredible luck had finally turned. The GO operation in Washington was finished. A "Church" had penetrated U.S. government agencies willy-nilly. They had come and gone undetected for eighteen months, copying tens of thousands of pages of government files, including very sensitive and restricted material. It is little wonder that when the FBI raid against the Church of Scientology finally came, a year later, it was a show of strength. Few people would understand the reason for such a show. It was intended for those in the Guardian's Office, who would understand only too well.
///

Consider how very few Scientologists there are in a nation of over 300 million people. It's not surprising that they would not have a Scn symbol. There are probably more people in the Hare Krishnas.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Consider how very few Scientologists there are in a nation of over 300 million people. It's not surprising that they would not have a Scn symbol. There are probably more people in the Hare Krishnas.

Could be. The Unification Church is even included on the VA symbol list but if they can marry 31,000 people on the same day, just that is probably twice the size of Scientology’s active world wide membership.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-3-500-couples-200-countries-tie-knot.html

As many as 3,500 couples from all over the world tied the knot at a mass wedding in South Korea organised by the controversial Unification Church a year after its founder died.
Row upon row of couples, dressed in white dresses and tuxedos, met at the Cheongshim Peace World Centre in Gapyeong, about 37 miles northeast of Seoul, the capital of South Korea, for their big day.
A further 24,000 followers, who have been dubbed 'Moonies' after the church's founder Sun Myung Moon, were also married in other countries via video link.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...les-200-countries-tie-knot.html#ixzz4gt38utKf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello, i am new here. Searching for resources to help me get out of this "religion"
I grew up in scientology, my whole family is a member and I have no where to go. My employer is also a Scientologist. Any of you guys here in the Los Angeles area have any tips or resources I can get to help get out?

I have been looking for a new job for a couple months now, anything helps!

Thanks and feel free to ask any qiestions you would like :)

For What It's Worth :) you don't "get out of Scientology" what you can do
is "get it out of you" that means your thinking and how you relate with the rest of the world.

I know it sounds simplistic but even if you go a more complicated route ya still wind up
doing the same thing, so your friends recognize this and give you the best advice
and simplest advice.

Take the leap and the resources and familial problems will resolve quickly or slowly that part depends
on you and only you.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

phenomanon

Canyon

I have Tenants in our rental home , and the Tenants before them, who are in the Coast Guard, The one right now is a Rescue diver. These are young people and they are starting families. They are really nice people and the Coast Guard takes good care of them; they base out of Port Angeles here, and they do 4 year tours in different waters. These are career Coast Guard. Nice people. Good Career.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello, i am new here. Searching for resources to help me get out of this "religion"
I grew up in scientology, my whole family is a member and I have no where to go. My employer is also a Scientologist. Any of you guys here in the Los Angeles area have any tips or resources I can get to help get out?

Hi therealdeal! I'm late on the chain here to welcome you, but welcome. I see you've received some good advice. I'd stress education - get a degree. Do whatever it takes. Change your job is crucial so you have to connections and your livelihood is not at the mercy of anyone but you. Build up outside friendships. You're young and school will be a great place to do that. You mentioned you're taking classes. I hope you are matriculating. There is financial aid available, if your colleges are not free. You know all these things by now, I'm sure, but I just wanted to say welcome and you'll do great. You, as opposed to many who were in for what seemed like a billion years, have your whole life ahead of you! You'll find ways to cope til your family wakes up. Best to you!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Hi and Welcome therealdeal! :)

If you're in the Los Angeles area you've probably seen people there in front of businesses, government buildings, and at public events who are circulating various petitions. Some are local issues and others to get issues onto the statewide ballot for a vote in the next election.

Every campaign is a bit different as far as how much you can make. (you are an independent contractor and get paid per signature on the petitions). Experienced petition circulators who put in the hours can often make $500.00+/day on a regular basis. I know many who average in the $50.00+ per hour, and at events where there's thousands of people make over $100.00/hour. (that is 1099 income; so you are responsible for your own taxes, and there are no benefits)

If you (or anyone reading this) would like more information let me know. There are various campaigns going on around the country presently, including California. I'm not sure what opportunities exist in LA at present as I'm in Florida, but the busy season for this type of work in Cali is just getting started, so there should be more coming in the weeks and months ahead.

Some of the petition coordinators (who pay you) are snakes, so you've got to be careful which ones you work for. But there are positive aspects about this work as well. You generally can pick the schedule and location you wish to work. You can work 1 hour a week or 100 hours. So even if you've got a job already you wish to keep you can do some of this additionally on your downtime and make some extra money.

During a campaign I was involved in back in 1994 here in Florida there was a homeless guy who start working. He quickly good enough to where he was making $1500.00/week, which back then was excellent good income for living in the Tampa Bay area, and soon got off the streets into his own apartment.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
For What It's Worth :) you don't "get out of Scientology" what you can do
is "get it out of you" that means your thinking and how you relate with the rest of the world.

I know it sounds simplistic but even if you go a more complicated route ya still wind up
doing the same thing, so your friends recognize this and give you the best advice
and simplest advice.

Take the leap and the resources and familial problems will resolve quickly or slowly that part depends
on you and only you.

Good Luck :thumbsup:
This is so true - "For What It's Worth :) you don't "get out of Scientology" what you can do
is "get it out of you" that means your thinking and how you relate with the rest of the world."

If you don't get Scientology OUT OF YOU - by doing your own research on mind control and how cults operate and make a dillegent effort to get rid of the "loaded language" which triggers "Scientology thinking" - you will just get back in or into another cult.

Can you tell us what you obnosed whilst in the cult that made you go into enough doubt - you bypassed the "thought stopping" techniques and landed you HERE?

It will help everyone to know what is happening inside the walls of the Orgs in PT.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is so true - "For What It's Worth :) you don't "get out of Scientology" what you can do
is "get it out of you" that means your thinking and how you relate with the rest of the world."

If you don't get Scientology OUT OF YOU - by doing your own research on mind control and how cults operate and make a dillegent effort to get rid of the "loaded language" which triggers "Scientology thinking" - you will just get back in or into another cult.

Can you tell us what you obnosed whilst in the cult that made you go into enough doubt - you bypassed the "thought stopping" techniques and landed you HERE?

It will help everyone to know what is happening inside the walls of the Orgs in PT.

Wait...do we still get to say "obnosed" and "in PT"?

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
My favorite re-education site on the internet, to replace the crappy Hubbard Scientology quackery in your brain with realler more important ideas in world history is the corney named, but really excellent short 10 minute-ish long lectures.

I liked the Philosophy and History sub-categories best.

If you missed college, and like to get short briefings on the big life issues, I recommend:

https://www.youtube.com/user/schooloflifechannel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28XmpcoeCDO0VnGUavcLUFiNcAI

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28Xmpfv8ez3ItKS1Ti3T8o6f7Yy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28XmpfEr2zNKQfU97eyEs70krSb

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28Xmpfv2COuuJaKzy6E2n8nSMdi

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi and Welcome therealdeal! :)

If you're in the Los Angeles area you've probably seen people there in front of businesses, government buildings, and at public events who are circulating various petitions. Some are local issues and others to get issues onto the statewide ballot for a vote in the next election.

<snip>

I got an update on what's going on in more detail but too late to edit above post.

California isn't a great place to be doing this kind of work at this time. There's only 1 statewide petition at the moment and it's not paying great. Hopefully more coming out soon. For anyone in Florida who might be interested in this type of work there may be a good opportunity coming up very soon. PM me if you'd like more details and/or. To be connected up with campaign coordinator.