What's new

The Final Days on the Apollo

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Paul Kawaller, one of the last Sea Org members to stay with the ship till it was scrapped, has written his story of the last days of the Flag Ship, the Apollo. With his permission I have posted his story here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Apollo

A great story about Scientology's Sea Org adventure!

Howard Dickman

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This quote says it all:

"Eventually, we got about $125,000 for the ship. That was less than the cost of maintaining it for two years. This was particularly frustrating because it provided no direct benefit to the SO and we felt like we wasted two years."

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
This quote says it all:

"Eventually, we got about $125,000 for the ship. That was less than the cost of maintaining it for two years. This was particularly frustrating because it provided no direct benefit to the SO and we felt like we wasted two years."

One of the more frustrating things about staff/SO, is that your time is seen as "free" and thus not valued.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue
This quote says it all:

One of the more frustrating things about staff/SO, is that your time is seen as "free" and thus not valued.

FINALLY!

Wow! You have solved the riddle of the ages!

Whoa! You are the first being in the universe to penetrate the unsolvable mystery at the center of all cosmic affairs.

FINALLY!!!

Now we finally know the meaning of: "The work was free."

He wasn't talking about HIS work, he was talking about OURS.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Paul Kawaller, one of the last Sea Org members to stay with the ship till it was scrapped, has written his story of the last days of the Flag Ship, the Apollo. With his permission I have posted his story here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Apollo

A great story about Scientology's Sea Org adventure!

Howard Dickman

Thanks Howard and Paul Kawaller.

Any idea what was transpiring during the crew photo?

I enjoyed the story. I wonder if the people in the Apollo crew photo could be identified, contacted and have them write some of their memories.

Gib

Crusader

FINALLY!

Wow! You have solved the riddle of the ages!

Whoa! You are the first being in the universe to penetrate the unsolvable mystery at the center of all cosmic affairs.

FINALLY!!!

Now we finally know the meaning of: "The work was free."

He wasn't talking about HIS work, he was talking about OURS.

gotta love Hubbard's rhetoric to twist things around. :thumbsup:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Did I read somewhere that while tied to the dock in Texas a rail car rolled out of control on the Apollo & speeded it's trip to the salvage yard ?