What's new

A quick hello!

ThetaLater

I've not studied scientology in more than 2o years now, and my experience with the org hasn't been all that bad, with my main criticisms being with how inaccessible they make Scientology, either through high costs for services or their way of doing things.
I'm keen to hear of genuine criticisms, in the past all I've found is people demonstrating that they've not really understood what they are criticising, which invalidates it.
Hoping to find this forum a place for healthy debate and a place to learn of others experiences, good or bad.
Thanks for having me!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I've not studied scientology in more than 2o years now, and my experience with the org hasn't been all that bad, with my main criticisms being with how inaccessible they make Scientology, either through high costs for services or their way of doing things.
I'm keen to hear of genuine criticisms, in the past all I've found is people demonstrating that they've not really understood what they are criticising, which invalidates it.
Hoping to find this forum a place for healthy debate and a place to learn of others experiences, good or bad.
Thanks for having me!

Hi ThetaLater,

Welcome! :yes:

If you're keen to hear genuine criticisms, I've got some good news for you. There are tens of thousands of genuine criticisms posted on this board, and many more elsewhere on the internet.

Did you read Carol Nyburgs story published this morning at the Underground Bunker?

Carol Nyburg is back, and she has a Scientology story that will rough you up
http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/02/ca...logy-story-that-will-rough-you-up/#more-41563

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
:welcome2:

I'm reluctant to say so, but it looks to me you still see some value in the tech? (Maybe I'm wrong here.) Just so you know: I think most members here on ESMB who have been in are now fully out and (very) critical of the Scientology "belief system"(for lack of a better word) as wel as the COS organisation.

There are also people around here who were never in, like me. See sig for boatloads of people speaking out, getting disconnected from, writing books about their experiences and what not. I'm quite sure a lot of criticism about Scientology is in place. :omg:

Looking forward to discussing these things. :thumbsup:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome2:

I'm reluctant to say so, but it looks to me you still see some value in the tech? (Maybe I'm wrong here.) Just so you know: I think most members here on ESMB who have been in are now fully out and (very) critical of the Scientology "belief system"(for lack of a better word) as wel as the COS organisation.

There are also people around here who were never in, like me. See sig for boatloads of people speaking out, getting disconnected from, writing books about their experiences and what not. I'm quite sure a lot of criticism about Scientology is in place. :omg:

Looking forward to discussing these things. :thumbsup:

Yes there is plenty of valid criticism of Scientology. Families have been ripped apart by disconnection and people are being defrauded by paying for a Bridge that leads to nowhere.

When the guy telling you to follow him turns out to be living in a Bluebird home hiding from the law and is physically and mentally ill yet his followers think he's some kind of super being then I'd call that a fraud.

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
Thanks for having me!
Let's be more specific -- exactly what did you like about the Orgs?

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
What I LOVED about being a sciobot:

Being blackmailed to fall in line or have my mother "taken away" by disconnection.

Being tossed in ethics for having a WOG boyfriend... at 16 I might add.

Having my mother totally entrenched and unavailable on many levels by the "tech".

Being afraid I was the only one who thought it was BULLSHIT!

Risk loosing all my friends, by disconnection, if I spoke my mind.

Having my entire world have to circle the sciobot globe from age 11 to 18 because my mom was in.

Seeing, while I was a "volunteer" at flag, that every rotten thing being said about the sciobots was true.

Seeing, while I was a "volunteer" at flag, that they were guilty of crimes and attempted crimes.

Seeing, while i was a "volunteer" at flag, the mental and physical pain inflicted on sea org members.

These were a few my favorite things... so excuse me if I don't look back with a positive attitude. This is as good as it gets... if you miss them and found/find things you value go for it. Just please do not expect any validation from this bitch.

:duh:

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
Thanks for having me!

How's this for being new and not knowing the right way to post: I just wrote an introduction about myself, my experiences in the SO and with LRH, my being in the RPF...about 9 paragraphs long...clicked SUBMIT and got a "you are not logged in message" and I lost the entire thing! Arrrgggghhhh! Tried hitting the back button but it was gone. That'll learn me to copy and save first!
Well I'll rewrite it again later.
TR

Gib

Crusader
Thanks for having me!

If my experience with the org hasn't been all that bad,

well,

why didn't you continue?

20 years later you are posting here?

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi ThetaLater,

First of all, let me say that most of the people posting on this forum have been greatly hurt by the C of S, and are very critical. I'm an exception in that I DID get something out of it, although I too reached the point of too much cost and hassle for too little gain.

I went over to the Freezone, and made some more progress, but there too I reached the point of not being able to go any farther.

I was never on staff.

IMHO the church bridge is absolutely useless after OT 3, although many here will tell you the OT 3 story is ridiculous. And even then most of the gains are on the lower levels.

You didn't give us your case level -- how high did you go?

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
...clicked SUBMIT and got a "you are not logged in message" and I lost the entire thing! ...
What I do is, just before clicking Preview or Submit, I use ctrl-A, ctrl-X, ctrl-V. This puts a copy of it on the clipboard, from where I can convienienly bring it back with ctrl-V.

Helena

Gib

Crusader
Hi ThetaLater,

First of all, let me say that most of the people posting on this forum have been greatly hurt by the C of S, and are very critical. I'm an exception in that I DID get something out of it, although I too reached the point of too much cost and hassle for too little gain.

I went over to the Freezone, and made some more progress, but there too I reached the point of not being able to go any farther.

I was never on staff.

IMHO the church bridge is absolutely useless after OT 3, although many here will tell you the OT 3 story is ridiculous. And even then most of the gains are on the lower levels.

You didn't give us your case level -- how high did you go?

Helena

as you wrote:

"First of all, let me say that most of the people posting on this forum have been greatly hurt by the C of S, and are very critical. I'm an exception in that I DID get something out of it, although I too reached the point of too much cost and hassle for too little gain."

That about sums it up. It was a hellvahoax in the end. I'd probably not use the word critical, but experienced. :yes:

Veda

Sponsor
tumblr_ld50v7q6tn1qabw68o1_400.gif

Hi ThetaLater,

First of all, let me say that most of the people posting on this forum have been greatly hurt by the C of S, and are very critical.

-snip-

"Greatly hurt"? There are many here who were not "greatly hurt," and yet have very valid reasons for rejecting Hubbard and Scientology.

I went "off lines" - and soon after discontinued my involvement with the Scientology organization - in the late 1970s, when I became aware of the extreme suggestibility of most Scientologists to L. Ron Hubbard's words.

I saw, and could no longer deny to myself, that Hubbard was encouraging this suggestibility.

Something was very wrong, and not long after I would come to see that it was very wrong by design, and that it was Hubbard's design, a design that had been developed and finalized, by him, over decades.

Veda

Sponsor
Thanks for having me!

Greetings and welcome. :)

guanoloco

As-Wased
How's this for being new and not knowing the right way to post: I just wrote an introduction about myself, my experiences in the SO and with LRH, my being in the RPF...about 9 paragraphs long...clicked SUBMIT and got a "you are not logged in message" and I lost the entire thing! Arrrgggghhhh! Tried hitting the back button but it was gone. That'll learn me to copy and save first!
Well I'll rewrite it again later.
TR

Would like to read this when you find the time.

Thanks!

Irayam

Patron with Honors
Thanks for having me!

Hi TL,
Welcome!

2 years, this is about the lenght of time I should have stay in the cult...
Alas... I stayed a little longer!

Have a nice day,
Irayam