What's new

Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
'Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath' Details Child Abuse Allegations in Season 2 Premiere.

The Hollywood Reporter: 'Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath' Details Child Abuse Allegations in Season 2 Premiere

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ogy-aftermath-season-2-premiere-recap-1030020

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Two women detail childhood abuse and the Church's systematic cover-up of their allegations in the season 2 premiere of the Emmy-nominated series.

In the second season premiere of A&E's Emmy-nominated reality series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, two women raised inside the Church of Scientology's Sea Org shared their stories of abandonment and sexual abuse as Remini and partner Mike Rinder exposed the Church's treatment of children.

The women, childhood best friends Saina Kamula and Mirriam Francis, were both born into the Church (Francis in 1984, Kamula in 1985, with Francis leaving in 2010 and Kamula leaving in 2013).

Francis told Remini and Rinder that she was sexually abused by her father in her native Australia while her mother was working for the Church of Scientology, and the abuse continued after the family moved to Los Angeles and her father joined the Sea Org.

Kamula, who moved to Los Angeles from Finland when her mother joined the Sea Org in the early '90s, said an older member of the Church sexually abused her as she struggled to socialize with her classmates at the Apollo Training Academy, an accredited school attended by the children of Sea Org members. After reporting the incidents to a teacher, she was punished for being "counter-intention," for acting against the interests of Scientology's message.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology pathetically tries to use the events in Charlottesville to attempt to turn people against A&E and 'Scientology and the Aftermath'.

Church responds to claims from Leah Remini, 'Scientology and the Aftermath'

snip:

"Sadly, as everyone knows from a number of recent tragic events, including those over the weekend in Virginia, we live in a volatile time of accelerated hate, bigotry and intolerance. A&E’s airing of salacious, unvetted falsehoods about the Church is reckless and irresponsible. The incendiary hate and bigotry they are fostering has no place in a tolerant America."

Karin Pouw

more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ponds-claims-leah-remini-aftermath/566245001/

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology pathetically tries to use the events in Charlottesville to attempt to turn people against A&E and 'Scientology and the Aftermath'.

snip:

"Sadly, as everyone knows from a number of recent tragic events, including those over the weekend in Virginia, we live in a volatile time of accelerated hate, bigotry and intolerance. A&E’s airing of salacious, unvetted falsehoods about the Church is reckless and irresponsible. The incendiary hate and bigotry they are fostering has no place in a tolerant America."

Karin Pouw

more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ponds-claims-leah-remini-aftermath/566245001/

WTF ! Leah & Mike's series is STUNNING - the best reality programming ever produced. I keep wondering, Are other people, people who know nothing about scno/co$, and quite frankly never cared to, before, are they as stunned as me? Are they as astonished - as me? Are their mouths left gaping - like mine ? I knew all this, and still I never dreamed the day would come when scn/co$/o$a/lrh/dm would be exposed - bare ass naked - ugly ass naked- shit dripping from every orifice horrid and disgusting - to the world. The TRUTH of this horrible tyranny is being EXPOSED.

They fucking pulled it in, :laugh:.

Karma is a bitch. And this was a long long long time coming. Are ya hearing that, Mau-ty? People out here in the real world are not 'conditioned' to accept lies, to over-look the abuses and horrendous treatment and enslavement of children and people. We are not that easily manipulated. We know lies and liars. We know when we are hearing TRUTH. Are ya listening, Blinking Fidgeting Belligerent Hostile Mother F'g Liars?

We are not amused . . .

Leah & Mike are heroes. This is a tale of true courage - of the bravery of all who have stepped up - and spoken the TRUTH. A tale of all of you - and those who have taken up the cause. And some having paid a huge price. This will go down in history as monumental, life changing. Epic. Epic success.

The co$/Scno/lrh/dm will just go down. Epic and utter failure. And Mau-ty - you grabbed the wrong coattails to hang off of . . . Rue that.

Wow, that show got me fired up. Is this happening to other 'wog' folk? :ohmy:

Leah & Mike - and the ones who have gone on camera for them - and us :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Thank you, and Good-night :wave: Truman, over and out.

guanoloco

As-Wased

snip:

Karin Pouw

You stole my thunder.

guanoloco

As-Wased
WTF ! Leah & Mike's series is STUNNING - the best reality programming ever produced. I keep wondering, Are other people, people who know nothing about scno/co$, and quite frankly never cared to, before, are they as stunned as me? Are they as astonished - as me? Are their mouths left gaping - like mine ? I knew all this, and still I never dreamed the day would come when scn/co$/o$a/lrh/dm would be exposed - bare ass naked - ugly ass naked- shit dripping from every orifice horrid and disgusting - to the world. The TRUTH of this horrible tyranny is being EXPOSED.

They fucking pulled it in, :laugh:.

Karma is a bitch. And this was a long long long time coming. Are ya hearing that, Mau-ty? People out here in the real world are not 'conditioned' to accept lies, to over-look the abuses and horrendous treatment and enslavement of children and people. We are not that easily manipulated. We know lies and liars. We know when we are hearing TRUTH. Are ya listening, Blinking Fidgeting Belligerent Hostile Mother F'g Liars?

We are not amused . . .

Leah & Mike are heroes. This is a tale of true courage - of the bravery of all who have stepped up - and spoken the TRUTH. A tale of all of you - and those who have taken up the cause. And some having paid a huge price. This will go down in history as monumental, life changing. Epic. Epic success.

The co$/Scno/lrh/dm will just go down. Epic and utter failure. And Mau-ty - you grabbed the wrong coattails to hang off of . . . Rue that.

Wow, that show got me fired up. Is this happening to other 'wog' folk? :ohmy:

Leah & Mike - and the ones who have gone on camera for them - and us :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Thank you, and Good-night :wave: Truman, over and out.

The issue is that this article, along with STAND, is the Church applying Ron's PR and positioning themselves as the victim because that's a hot button right now.

It makes as much sense and is as honest as the Antifa, SJW, feminist fascist left propaganda being bandied about.

The ultimate bully being "bullied"...just like the racist haters who are "marginalized" by "racist haters".

I hope everyone can see this for what it is and see it in the fake, faux, false, facade, phony rhetoric of the Antifa, BLM, SJW, feminist fascist left, too.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

snip:

"Sadly, as everyone knows from a number of recent tragic events, including those over the weekend in Virginia, we live in a volatile time of accelerated hate, bigotry and intolerance. A&E’s airing of salacious, unvetted falsehoods about the Church is reckless and irresponsible. The incendiary hate and bigotry they are fostering has no place in a tolerant America." -Karin Pouw

Hideous hypocrisy!

The degenerate coward Pouw hides behind the word "Church", from where she hurls vicious lies with abandon.

PREDICTION: One day Karin Pouw is going to the thrown headfirst into a swirling black nightmare when she realizes what evil she cheerfully perpetrated against innocent people. But that day won't happen until long after her cult personally attacks her with the same sadistic glee that she once enjoyed. Then she will start worrying about herself, crying and eventually blow. How dare they do this to me, she will lament, as if everything was just fine up until that point.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Willy Rice, pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater, Florida, responds to the premiere of Season 2 of Scientology and the Aftermath.

https://twitter.com/WillyRice/status/897641770560913408

QLNzTjY.png

guanoloco

As-Wased
Willy Rice, pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater, Florida, responds to the premiere of Season 2 of Scientology and the Aftermath.

https://twitter.com/WillyRice/status/897641770560913408

QLNzTjY.png

Of course, we all know it's truth.

Remember the first time you ran across Ron's true character when you were still a Scientologist? Like him beating his wives or drugging his kids or masturbating in a devil worship cult making an Anti-Christ?

It's sooooo far out there when people hear the factual stories as they are they cannot accept it. It's similar to the rape culture being imported into Europe...people cannot "see" it because the utter evil of it is unconfrontable.

Just picture a guy who "broke his back" penetrating the Wall of Fire to save humanity with all his guru compassion having an adult push a peanut around with his nose.

Children in a chain locker from an author who wrote, as Mankind's Greatest Friend, that breaking a child's dramatization was equivalent to sentencing them to a lifetime of illness.

HelluvaHoax!

I just saw the full season two opening episode.

Shocking! Devastating! Necessary--to be seen by the world.

I had to go back and re-watch and write down (verbatim) certain portions of the program, because the inconsistencies in the cult's lies was both astonishing and profoundly incriminating!

1) At the very beginning of the show AND also at the ending (58 minutes) minutes the following copy appeared on screen: "The Church of Scientology challenges the credibility of the contributors appearing in the program and their statements".

2) At the very beginning of the show the following copy appeared on screen: "As of the airing of this episode, the Church of Scientology has not agreed to participate."

3) At 24 minutes the following copy appeared on screen: "The Church objects to our refusal to provide the name of Saina's alleged abuser."

4) At 24 minutes the following copy appeared on screen: The Church claims that it "abides by any and all legal requirements to law enforcement authorities in instances where non-privileged information comes to our attention of child abuse, including illegal sexual activity between an adult and a minor."

5) At 40 minutes the following copy appeared on screen: "In 2001 Miriam began working out of the same Sea Org office as her father."

6) At 42 minutes the following copy appeared on screen: "Miriam's mother signed an affidavit 20 days before the airing of this program in which she said that she didn't learn of Miriam's abuse until 1998, and that when she did, she divorced Miriam's father."

COMMENTS:

[#1, above]: The COS challenges the credibility of contributors and their statements? This cannot be true because the "contributors" includes: a) the two former Sea Org members who gave their testimonials. b) A third Sea Org member, Miriam's mother, who openly confessed that she learned of the sexual abuse in 1998! (see #6, above). c) A fourth Sea Org member, Miriam's father, confessed the sexual abuse to his auditor and case supervisor. He also confessed to Miriam herself, asking her to "forgive him" and to "act normal" (hide the crime). d) Miriam's auditor and a large number of other Sea Org members knew about the sexual abuse and they went about the job of "handling" the father, "handling" the mother and "handling" Miriam. Therefore, all these parties were consistent in their actions and statements--so how can there be a "credibility" problem?

[#2, above]: Scientology refuses to appear on the show, rebut the devastating charges and/or participate in any way. They are not even up to going on the show and lying. Instead the COS management cowers in hiding, issuing blanket and very generalized denials. When has there ever been a multi-billion dollar organization of any kind that did not have a CEO respond, did not have a spokesperson respond, or (minimally) hire a lawyer and pay them to respond, in order to try to set the record straight? Never.

[#3, above]: The Church objects that is not being told about the 2nd pedophile. Misdirection! Why would they have any reason or standing to object? What did they do in the 1990s when they learned the identity of Miriam's father as a serial pedophile? They did nothing to protect a young girl--they only masterminded an unthinkably evil coverup to protect themselves. That is, in fact, why they "objected". Because the COS desperately wanted to know who the pedophile was so they could cover it up. Their only concern was their own "PR" and it meant nothing to literally sacrifice a child, destroying their life in the process, to protect a pedophile preying on small kids in their own organization.

[#4, above]: Pure weasel language & ambiguity intended to deflect, confuse and misdirect--obviously crafted by the cult's attorneys. They are only obligated to report pedophilia if there is a "legal requirement" to report it? They are only responsible to report pedophilia on "non privileged" information? They are only required to report it if it "comes to their attention"? Whose attention? So, if it doesn't come to the attention of "management" (COB) then they don't have to report it--because auditors, case supervisors and ethics officers are "not management"? They don't have to report pedophilia unless it is "illegal sexual activity between an adult and a minor"? So, there is sexual activity between an adult and a minor that might be legal? It's all just rhetorical smokescreens to avoid the glaring fact that MANY in the Sea Org knew of the sexual predation and did nothing about it except desperately try to cover it up and further intimidate and victimize the abused children.

[#5 and #6, above]: This by far the most damning and incriminating! Miriam's mother confesses that she knew her child was being sexually molested by a serial pedophile as early as 1998. Yet she did absolutely NOTHING to try to stop it. She divorced the pedophile, she proudly proclaims, as if the problem has something to do with her! The mother allowed the abuse to continue against her daughter, saying/doing nothing in 2001 about the fact that Miriam was ordered to work in the immediate offices of the pedophile that had terrorized her for years.

HelluvaHoax!

The Church of Scientology is now attacking the alleged victim of childhood sexual abuse. They are calling her a liar.

https://twitter.com/standleague/status/897698019520499713

MCKnHcG.png

EDITED TO ADD:

GnMjgXM.png

This is not just idiotic beyond imagination.

It's not just criminal.

It's the pure evil of facilitating and empowering pedophiles to destroy children.

It's Scientologists telling us: "Hey, we don't really care what happened. We don't care if kids got raped or sexually molested by serial pedophiles. We just want everyone to shut up about it. And we're prepared to attack those SP children for uttering anything that might take customers away from us. We don't really give a shit about children being sexually attacked over and over again. They have no right to complain. That's our religious belief! And we are more than happy to terrorize those child victims AGAIN by assassinating their character and their courageous testimony. Whatever happened to them, we are going to make it 1000 times worse and those SP kids will regret the day they ever tried to fuck with us."

AND THEY DO THIS WITH MORONIC SMILES AS IF THEY ARE GIVING SOME KIND OF WIN.

All these people should be indicted as co-conspirators, sued to death and jailed. Yeah, even these insane dead-agent zombies trotted out by the cult to say these girls didn't get sexually abused. Because she never mentioned it to them. As if a sexually attacked child who is then OVERWHELMED, INTIMIDATED & TERRORIZED INTO NEVER TALKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED is going to just mention it to people in casual conversation.

These blithely unconcerned Scientologists are quite insane in the most malevolently disturbing way one can imagine.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I don't know why I have never prayed for anything in my life. Maybe I just didn't know who to "route" it to.

But, if i had one prayer today it would contain the words "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" with a verdict that imposes punitive damages of at least 3 BILLION DOLLARS (or whatever the cult has in all their bank accounts).

The money would go to the victims of Scientology.

Can anyone imagine if a major NYC or DC firm takes on a class action suit and openly solicits victims of the cult. People would be lined up around the block to get their claim accepted/included.

Who knows, maybe in addition to giving up all their precious cash, the judge/jury would make them liquidate their real estate too.

That's just the civil side of it.

Perhaps, if I'm allowed, I'll have a 2nd prayer about the criminal indictments too.

As you probably can tell--I am quite incensed and outraged at the evil cult of Scientology who will stop at absolutely nothing to hurt people.

HelluvaHoax!

THE MASTERS OF
KNOWING HOW TO KNOW!

GnMjgXM.png

SURE, WE BELIEVE YOU, BUT...
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW
WHAT HAPPENED ALL THE TIME?
YOU NEVER LEFT SAINA'S SIDE EVEN
A FEW MINUTES FOR TWO YEARS?!

SAINA_zpsok02drsi.jpg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm so glad this subject is being covered.
My siblings and I and our children have never had safe, supported and normal lives because of the way we were raised. We have to stop this happening now and help those who still suffer so. :bigcry:

I'm not as shocked as many, we had good media coverage here in Australia on the child abuse, some of which are clips on the show, and stories here on ESMB as well. I'm glad it's international now and hope the relevant authorities have their eyes opened and bloody well do something about it.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Tony Ortega has some updates from both the girls on the show.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/16/mi...y-and-the-aftermath-the-lapd-has-let-us-down/

Mirriam: The former ranch attendees talked a lot about swimming and animals, but they never once denied the physical labour. They never once talked about the quality (or lack thereof) of the education received. It is a pretty weak counter-argument. I think that anyone would be able to see right through it, so that does not concern me. However, the most ignorant part in it was stated by Vanessa Bolstad (Guthrie) where she says that because Saina did not mention the abuse to her it therefore could not have happened. This would have to be one of the most ignorant statements I have come across in regards to child sexual abuse. First of all, if you are not trusted enough then it is possible that you may never know about it. For a victim to discuss openly what has happened to him or her to another person they would have to have the highest level of trust in that person. If Saina did not mention it to her it would be because she did not trust her, not that it did not happen. Saina’s abuser was known about, she was not the only victim and I predict that other victims will come forward, once they feel brave enough to do so. The fear in opening up about something like this within the Scientology environment is real. The fear of punishment of the victim and the repurcussions of speaking out are real. What Saina has done is extremely brave. I only feel shame for the ignorance of the very few who have been propped up by Scientology to be their mouthpieces. Scientology continues to breed and perpetuate their own rape culture. An environment where pedophiles are allowed to walk free and the child victims are shamed and punished. It is a sign that they have not changed. It is a sign that their damaging policies still continue. It is alarming to see that they would attack and attempt to discredit a victim of sexual assault. We have been flooded by heartfelt support from the viewers of this show. We know that we have done the right thing, to speak out in spite of our fear. And we will continue to speak out against ignorance, against deliberate cover ups and lies until it is no longer OK for adults to sexually abuse children within the Church of Scientology. This is our truth, and no one can take that away from us. Additionally, Lizzie mentions that it’s been 20 years since the abuse allegedly occured to now. If anyone knows anything about child sexual abuse it is the fact that it can take many years before someone is able to talk about it openly or to file a police report. This is because it takes that long to get to a place where you are mentally prepared to deal with it. Let alone the environment that we grew up in, which prevented us from addressing it when we were younger. And Saina did report it. And she was punished for it. So, again this just shows how ignorant they are about this subject. There needs to be more information available to the people confined within Scientology so that they can be educated on this topic. This is the Scientology rape culture that we are hoping to change by speaking out.
:clap: