What's new

Good experiences in Scientology

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Good experiences in Scientology are sold by the brainwashed.

Those in scientology selling the " good " of scientology are brainwashed.

Those who have been out of the cult a day, week, month, year, years or even 3 or 4 decades & are still selling the good of scientology ? Brainwashed.

The very first thing you have to "buy" is "reactive mind" as per dianetics, if you don't buy that there is no "clear"
and the so called "tech" is a moot point.

In or out could be more easily said as "in" agreement with "reactive mind" as an accurate cosmology
or a false one ?

I simply say its a false one, it's not that I agree or disagree with Hubbards "state of clear" because that only exists
under his "reactive mind theory" which is "Hogwash" :yes:

if it's used as a starting point and its just a little off then by the end of the journey it will
be hugely off !! which I believe describes a scientologist and Hoobard himself and his children of
the corn :ohmy::biggrin: off "way off they rockers.:yes:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

The very first thing you have to "buy" is "reactive mind" as per dianetics, if you don't buy that there is no "clear"
and the so called "tech" is a moot point.

In or out could be more easily said as "in" agreement with "reactive mind" as an accurate cosmology
or a false one ?

I simply say its a false one, it's not that I agree or disagree with Hubbards "state of clear" because that only exists
under his "reactive mind theory" which is "Hogwash" :yes:

if it's used as a starting point and its just a little off then by the end of the journey it will
be hugely off !! which I believe describes a scientologist and Hoobard himself and his children of
the corn :ohmy::biggrin: off "way off they rockers.:yes:

Seems Dr. Hubbard's " State of Clear " only exists for the brainwashed.

How long can a person stay brainwashed ?

For as long as they believe scn, or Dr. Hubbard, or that FZ thingie.

But, what the hell, they enjoy being miserable in life.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Seems Dr. Hubbard's " State of Clear " only exists for the brainwashed.

How long can a person stay brainwashed ?

For as long as they believe scn, or Dr. Hubbard, or that FZ thingie.

But, what the hell, they enjoy being miserable in life.

Excellent question!

For that answer and more, we should refer to Hubbard's own words. No, not Ron Hubbard. Don Hubbard, Ron's hitherto hidden, disaffected and blown twin brother who made it go right to escape from a chain locker after 37 months of continuous incarceration in a chain locker.

Don's imprisonment was due to an out ethics situation where the Commodore discovered that Don was committing financial high crimes calculated to sabotage Ron, the Church of Scientology and the bridge to total freedom--on this planet.

Per the Com Ev findings, Don (on 2 separate occasions) used church money to purchase small bottles of Windex to maintain the windshield of the BlueBird motorhome which for which he was Ron's personal chauffeur. Despite multiple ethics actions designed to bring Don to his senses and follow scripture, Don flagrantly ignored orders to re-do his clay demos on the "HOW TO WASH WINDOWS" HCO Policy Letter. The committee, to their great credit, did not Q&A with Don's justifications about squirreling when he tried to justify his overts by claiming: "Hey, Ron gave me specific instructions to drive him around in the BlueBird 24/7 (for months on end) in remote places where nobody would recognize him if he stepped out for a moment to use a public restroom. Ron's specific orders to NOT drive any place (for example) that sold newspapers that might have photos of him with a headline 'COMMODORE STILL MISSING!' Therefore, due to security concerns, we temporarily were not able to buy newspapers to clean the bugs off the windshield, so I'd just buy a 99 cent bottle of Windex and use a rag."

We seem to have derailed a bit into Don Hubbard's (see Avatar) colorful history in the Sea Org. The full story will be told in Don's soon-to-be-released autobiography titled: "DON: Sinful Sibling of Source!"

We now return to your initial inquiry about brainwashing and the state of Clear. It appears that you may have missed some of Don Hubbard's earlier memos and research discoveries:

Originally Posted By Don Hubbard
[ excerpt from Don's audio lecture of April 1, 1971: "Clear & Brainwashing" ]

"...and thus there is no brainwashing involved in the subject of clear, and so forth and so on. Now, to appreciate the self-evident fact that clearing Homo Sap has been proven to be a scientific certainty, one need only observe the high-level function and paranormal abilities of a clear in real life, pocketa-pocketa, on this planet.

Now, there is a very odd and quirky phenomena that comes into play when observing a clear's super-human powers. It might confuse so-called doctors, psychs and scientists, but never a trained Scientologist! That's right, scientists will sit and scratch their head, spiraling down the conditions to "DOUBT" when trying to understand a clear's extraordinary powers of causation. You see, a clear is only clear on the 1st Dynamic. Once someone walks into the room, we have engaged and involved the 3rd Dynamic, which explains why the clear can never demonstrate any of their miracles when someone is watching."

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Those in scientology selling the " good " of scientology are Brainwashed.

Those who have been out of the cult a day, week, month, year, years or even 3 or 4 decades & are still selling the good of scientology ?

Brainwashed.

Just for those whos who missed it the first time ( number of times over material equals some kinda shit & all that )

Brainwashed is brainwashed.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron

Just for those whos who missed it the first time ( number of times over material equals some kinda shit & all that )

Brainwashed is brainwashed.

I prefer HogWashed :yes: but a turd by any other name smells
just as bad:biggrin:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this thread has derailed. There was never any assertion that these people are not being brainwashed or deceived - the thread seeks to explore how they had "good experiences" while they were being brainwashed and deceived.

Some people enjoy playing with plasticine. When it gets old and hard it is like working out with a good crush trainer hand grip.

Some people enjoy giving wins to a group of people clapping in sync. This got so loud at one point they ordered us to hum and clap with two fingers so the neighbors wouldn't think we were weird - it just wasn't the same.

Some people enjoy giving ...and getting screaming SRAs. You can't be ARC broken unless there was some Affinity in the first place so this just really shows they care.

Chasing down and recovering an escapee might be fun for some people - especially if they don't get out much.

People don't serve on staff for decades and stay public Scientologist for decades more only because they were under duress or bowing to peer pressure. There must have been something about it that they truly enjoyed.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I think this thread has derailed. There was never any assertion that these people are not being brainwashed or deceived - the thread seeks to explore how they had "good experiences" while they were being brainwashed and deceived.

Some people enjoy playing with plasticine. When it gets old and hard it is like working out with a good crush trainer hand grip.

Some people enjoy giving wins to a group of people clapping in sync. This got so loud at one point they ordered us to hum and clap with two fingers so the neighbors wouldn't think we were weird - it just wasn't the same.

Some people enjoy giving ...and getting screaming SRAs. You can't be ARC broken unless there was some Affinity in the first place so this just really shows they care.

Chasing down and recovering an escapee might be fun for some people - especially if they don't get out much.

People don't serve on staff for decades and stay public Scientologist for decades more only because they were under duress or bowing to peer pressure. There must have been something about it that they truly enjoyed.

Some ex staff members (me included) have said they enjoyed the camaraderie, but one doesn't have to be a scientologist to have that with other humans.

I don't agree that to stay on staff for a long period there must have been something that you truly enjoyed. I stayed on staff and endured the constant stress and the remorseless drive to get the stats up despite the fact that (looking back) I hated it most of the time. The reason people stayed was because they believed they were on an important mission and that one's personal comfort and satisfaction were not so important.

That's how I see it (or was coerced at the time to see it) anyway.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some ex staff members (me included) have said they enjoyed the camaraderie, but one doesn't have to be a scientologist to have that with other humans.

I don't agree that to stay on staff for a long period there must have been something that you truly enjoyed. I stayed on staff and endured the constant stress and the remorseless drive to get the stats up despite the fact that I (looking back) hated it most of the time. The reason people stayed was because they believed they were on an important mission and that one's personal comfort and satisfaction were not so important.

That's how I see it (or was coerced at the time to see it) anyway.

Yes, but that is kind of my point - people enjoyed having a mission, just for example. It may have been misrepresented, corrupted and warped, etc. but there was still something about it that they liked - until they didn't.

It may have just been a red Swingline stapler.

Free Being Me

Crusader
$cientology $ucks

Yes, but that is kind of my point - people enjoyed having a mission, just for example. It may have been misrepresented, corrupted and warped, etc. but there was still something about it that they liked - until they didn't.

Here's a hypothetical scenario;

You attend a formal dress dinner party at someone's house. Unbeknownst to you at the time, a male guest assaulted and raped a female guest at the other end of the house. Finding out after the fact that happened, would you go online talking about the great time you had at that party? Or would you warn others not to trust the rapist? Or it doesn't matter because you had a "good experience" while someone was harmed?

In case you haven't guessed, $cientology is the rapist in that analogy. Speaking from personal experience, being a clueless indoctrinated useful idiot dupe in a cult isn't a "good experience," no matter how hard the straw grasping is on this thread to paint it otherwise.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

all treads derail for the most part, afterall how many times can one discuss "good experiences" LOL

Depends on who is visiting and willing to speak or write.

Gib

Crusader

well, as far as I'm concerned, the mission was to go "clear" and then "OT'.

Never happened, never will.

Shoot the old man even said he failed and wasn't coming back as he told Sarge.

Regardless, what camaraderie is anybody talking about? That camaraderie was mocked up by Hubbard and implanted into us thru his spoken words and not auditing, aye. Hubbard mocked up that we could go "clear" and then "OT".

Hubbard was also a rabble rouser, well so are we as ex members, LOL

It works both ways, one way to entrap, and then also to untrap.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: $cientology $ucks

Here's a hypothetical scenario;

You attend a formal dress dinner party at someone's house. Unbeknownst to you at the time, a male guest assaulted and raped a female guest at the other end of the house. Finding out after the fact that happened, would you go online talking about the great time you had at that party? Or would you warn others not to trust the rapist? Or it doesn't matter because you had a "good experience" while someone was harmed?

In case you haven't guessed, $cientology is the rapist in that analogy. Speaking from personal experience, being a clueless indoctrinated useful idiot dupe in a cult isn't a "good experience," no matter how hard the straw grasping is on this thread to paint it otherwise.

But, if you are trying to help people understand what it was about that party that you enjoyed, before you learned of the assault and rape, which was part of the interest and setting that caused you to be there in the first place - then it is a relevant question.

The assault and rape does not simply make all the beautiful people, entertainment, pool & spa, view and fancy food not exist. An honest discussion helps people understand that they should learn something about where they are going and what to look for when they get there and to remain alert in spite of all the good stuff.

Plus all that good stuff provided cover for said assault and rape while it was happening. We can read about stories where this occurs and witnesses are not prepared to deal with the reality of what they have seen or heard or what others tell them. Maybe if they were able to discuss this scenario beforehand they would be better able to process and respond to that kind of situation in real time - Hmm, everything looks really nice and I'm having a great time but the host seems awfully sleazy...

Free Being Me

Crusader

But, if you are trying to help people understand what it was about that party that you enjoyed, before you learned of the assault and rape, which was part of the interest and setting that caused you to be there in the first place - then it is a relevant question.

The assault and rape does not simply make all the beautiful people, entertainment, pool & spa, view and fancy food not exist. An honest discussion helps people understand that they should learn something about where they are going and what to look for when they get there and to remain alert in spite of all the good stuff.

Plus all that good stuff provided cover for said assault and rape while it was happening. We can read about stories where this occurs and witnesses are not prepared to deal with the reality of what they have seen or heard or what others tell them. Maybe if they were able to discuss this scenario beforehand they would be better able to process and respond to that kind of situation in real time - Hmm, everything looks really nice and I'm having a great time but the host seems awfully sleazy...
How much of a "good time" is there really when it's based on Elcon's lies eating and drinking $cientology 24/7? You know $cio's set everything aside including relationships, friendships, marriages, higher education, personal lives, connections outside the cult bubble, even raising their kids to inhale $cientology like a coke addict on payday. In the cult everyone does their fake "theta" love bombing shit so I fail to see how authentic those "good times" were since each one of the cultists would drop you in a heartbeat if you were declared.

The one thing I do agree with is the happy happy joy joy act is a mask for the public hiding the abuses and criminal acts the cult commits and most $cio's are completely clueless about those acts or too busy wearing blinders to even bother asking questions.

If you're lied to, tricked and deceived, conned out of money, used and manipulated, emotionally and mentally harmed, are you having a good time or simply being hoaxed? That doesn't sound like a fun time to me.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

How much of a "good time" is there really when it's based on Elcon's lies eating and drinking $cientology 24/7? You know $cio's set everything aside including relationships, friendships, marriages, higher education, personal lives, connections outside the cult bubble, even raising their kids to inhale $cientology like a coke addict on payday. In the cult everyone does their fake "theta" love bombing shit so I fail to see how authentic those "good times" were since each one of the cultists would drop you in a heartbeat if you were declared.

The one thing I do agree with is the happy happy joy joy act is a mask for the public hiding the abuses and criminal acts the cult commits and most $cio's are completely clueless about those acts or too busy wearing blinders to even bother asking questions.

If you're lied to, tricked and deceived, conned out of money, used and manipulated, emotionally and mentally harmed, are you having a good time or simply being hoaxed? That doesn't sound like a fun time to me.

Good post!

What you refer to as the "fake theta love bombing shit" really does take place at the beginning, but soon gives way to the realization that the most workable "tech" in Scientology is contained in Big League Sales Closing Techniques.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
BUT

But , if you are trying to help people understand what it was about that party that you enjoyed, before you learned of the assault and rape, which was part of the interest and setting that caused you to be there in the first place - then it is a relevant question.

Yes, to try to say something positive about an evil cult, one needs to start with " but ".

When trying to sell the " good experiences " of the cult, gee, some of us pointed it out truthfully, and, oh my, we're " *derailing* the thread".

Can anyone point of where the honest experiences posted on this thread were / are UNtruthful ? ?

Is the RPF, suicides, disconnections, SRA, forced divorce, abortions not wanted, make wrong of homosexuals, declares, child sexual abuse, all nighters, rice & beans, introspection rundown, spying on the gov't, making people get off medications they need - is this all mere allegations ?

Sometimes I'm taken a little aback when - it happens so rarely - on a thread that someone tells the rest of us what they want & expect complete compliance. It reminds me of days gone by when barely teenagers in spiffy white uniforms with no life experience tried to tell us adult public how we HAD to live our lives.

Then there was that chasing the dragon of CLEAR & OT - in that name of which the ends justified the means.

I'd thought scn was about being brainwashed, BUT, maybe it was just a garden variety addiction !

*derailing" : When a mod jumps in here & tells me to knock off what the mod considers a derail - I'll comply.
My understanding is on this playground it is the mods that have the authority to keep the game in the defined sandbox.

Perhaps I have a " misunderstood ". I've been under the impression that all of us posters here on the same footing. BUT, apparently, some posters feel they are entitled to tell the rest of us what we can & can not do in our posts.

Those posters who want to be the " senior " - are they correct or are they herding cats ?

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

I really like your post !

As for " That doesn't sound like a fun time to me " ? Reminds me that good part of throwing up is flushing it down the toilet. It does not exactly remove the bad part of heaving ones guts out.

Oh, BUT, wasn't it good as you flushed it ? Why, yes, I did !

Oh, BUT, didn't you feel good after you flushed it ? Why, yes, I did it - BUT what a nasty taste in my mouth !

*added*

For some of us looking back the moments we enjoyed - mainly with others - were far & few between & not nearly worth the price we paid in time, dollars, & of ourselves.

And, for some, apparently, being in scn was the high point of their existence.

I can accept that for some being in scn " was as good as it gets ! "

All I can say is that being in scn was far from the high point in my life.

Sure, physically I've had it rougher than scn dished out. I've taken classes that were hard, but, in scn no course or internship was that hard. Taxing - yes ? Hard - no !

Good overall experience for me ? OH HELL NO ! if it had been I'd still be there.

BUT ( love that word ) for those who still think scn was a good experience why aren't they still in it - oh, are they still in scn ?

It's been noted before : Some people can manage get their ass out of scn, BUT, just can't ever get their head out of scn .

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

As long as we are using analogies, how many of us responded sensibly when as teenagers our parents told us not to have sex, drink or do drugs? "Just say no."

I think we are coming at the same thing from two different directions. Maybe there are a given percentage of people who will take all your warnings at face value and not do it, but then there will always be that other percentage who have to discover it for themselves. Maybe if you you told them, yes, the sex is really great but then there is the heartbreak, lies, STDs and unwanted pregnancy, etc. etc.

A little drinking really is fun, isn't it? Don't we have some good memories of throwing back a few beers behind the bleachers? Then the other shoe drops...wrecked the car, DUI, fell off a balcony, got in a fight, bail me out please!

We are skipping the whole fun part and going straight to where someone breaks a nail and it doesn't explain how things progressed.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

As long as we are using analogies, how many of us responded sensibly when as teenagers our parents told us not to have sex, drink or do drugs? "Just say no."

I think we are coming at the same thing from two different directions. Maybe there are a given percentage of people who will take all your warnings at face value and not do it, but then there will always be that other percentage who have to discover it for themselves. Maybe if you you told them, yes, the sex is really great but then there is the heartbreak, lies, STDs and unwanted pregnancy, etc. etc.

A little drinking really is fun, isn't it? Don't we have some good memories of throwing back a few beers behind the bleachers? Then the other shoe drops...wrecked the car, DUI, fell off a balcony, got in a fight, bail me out please!

We are skipping the whole fun part and going straight to where someone breaks a nail and it doesn't explain how things progressed.

Oh, the seduction. Of course brainwashing is a seduction process !

It's an odd guy that doesn't start with holding hands with a girl rather than just grab her crotch & tell her " Let's fuck " !

Same as a secty in DC ends up taking classified documents out of a safe & giving them to a spy. Didn't start there. Started with a name on a guest list & slowly progressed.

Seduction is slow, calculated, steady - & so deliberate.

Didn't it start more with love bombing, validation & people wanting friendship . . . then later it was hard TR's . . . . KSW1 .......... disconnecting (<--hey, Ya'll know this drill ! )

BUT, you make a good point ( in the good experience ! ) that the brainwashing took seduction before the hard core stuff could set in.

Then, one day, HTF did I get here !

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
<snippy snip snip>

If there are any ESBM people or other folks who are so severely anti-SCN and/or anti-LRH...whose experiences were in no way "good" at all then either don't read the posts on this thread or if you do don't be critical of me or anyone else who elects to share what THEY consider to be a good experience for THEM. I take it from the thread title that this thread is NOT intended to be a place to post any anti-SCN or anti-LRH sentiment- there are plenty of threads for that! (but if I am wrong I certainly don't wish to violate any forum rules of free speech)
<more snippy snip snip>

TR8

I do get a good chuckle out of reading a post where one feels they have the "altitude" to tell other posters not read posts & don't dare critical of this poster !

And OMFG ! anti-SCN or anti-LRH sentiment ?

Yeah, I'm severely anti-SCN and/or anti-LRH.

How many books have been written exposing SCN &/or LRH ?

How many hundreds ( thousands ? ) of people have been written about the crimes of SCN &/or LRH ?

I think it takes a lot of nerve of a poster to ask people to keep their mouth shut when what they know " might damage the image of the group " !

How 'bout a thread called " How we can cover the ass of scn &/or lrh " Does that "indicate " ? :roflmao: ( <-- X 100 )

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh, the seduction. Of course brainwashing is a seduction process !

It's an odd guy that doesn't start with holding hands with a girl rather than just grab her crotch & tell her " Let's fuck " !

Same as a secty in DC ends up taking classified documents out of a safe & giving them to a spy. Didn't start there. Started with a name on a guest list & slowly progressed.

Seduction is slow, calculated, steady - & so deliberate.

Didn't it start more with love bombing, validation & people wanting friendship . . . then later it was hard TR's . . . . KSW1 .......... disconnecting (<--hey, Ya'll know this drill ! )

BUT, you make a good point ( in the good experience ! ) that the brainwashing took seduction before the hard core stuff could set in.

Then, one day, HTF did I get here !

The problem isn't just the seduction, it's that there were sincere moments when we enjoyed the seduction aka "good experiences".

It is important for people to know that that is possible at the same time they should be aware that things are very wrong. It is also important that people who are transitioning out of Scientology still don't cling to those moments out of pride or nostalgia even with their new enlightened understanding of what was really happening around and to them at the time.

This may not change the fact that it was a good moment but they should at least be able to isolate those things about it that were positive and those that were destructive. I think such a reevaluation will reveal that any good was net net due to something coincident to Scientology and not directly because of it. Even if they think the good was attributable to Scientology a further assessment would reveal that Scientology parasitized something else which deserves the true credit.