What's new

Let's make it short and sweet...

ethercat

Cat in flight
This will be my final post as Admin here.

I would have liked to work things out so I could continue to run the site after December if Emma chose not to, but it's clear to me now that it just won't work out. What will happen then is Emma's choice.

I've enjoyed most of the time I've been here as admin (I would be lying if I said "all of the time"). I'd like to thank those who've acted as moderators and made my job much easier than it would have been without them. Please give them a big round of applause.

You're all a great community, and I hope you will be able to continue.

Anyone who wants to contact me can do so at [email protected] rather than in PM.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thank-you Ethercat for keeping ESMB going for all the years that you did! And for all the mods who have helped out! :clap:

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:v:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for your service. You did a difficult job that most don't want to do and you did it well. You deserve a break.
:thumbsup:

WhatWall

Silver Meritorious Patron
As an IT professional of many years I have a heartfelt appreciation of your labors. Thank you for keeping ESMB's house organized and for keeping things civil. :thumbsup:

Gib

Crusader
This will be my final post as Admin here.

I would have liked to work things out so I could continue to run the site after December if Emma chose not to, but it's clear to me now that it just won't work out. What will happen then is Emma's choice.

I've enjoyed most of the time I've been here as admin (I would be lying if I said "all of the time"). I'd like to thank those who've acted as moderators and made my job much easier than it would have been without them. Please give them a big round of applause.

You're all a great community, and I hope you will be able to continue.

Anyone who wants to contact me can do so at [email protected] rather than in PM.

good luck to you ethercat. As Jack Burton says: May the wings of [STRIKE]liberty[/STRIKE] ethercat never lose a feather.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Much thanks EC for all you have done for us.
You kept things running smoothly and seamlessly. (with the great help of the mods)

I deeply appreciated the gentleness of your soul and how dedicated you have been to ESMB and us. Hope we'll see you again, even though you'll now enjoy your life (withouth $cientology)
You'll be missed!

Whishing the very the best for you!

:arose: :flowers2:
:cheers2:

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm sorry to hear that. I'd been away for ages and then today I pop on. Thanks for all your hard work and even tempered moderation.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Thank you for doing two full-time jobs -- maintaining the server, and overseeing moderation -- for no pay, and doing an excellent job of both. I sincerely hate to see you go, albeit for largely selfish reasons. :)

You will be missed.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am sorry we are losing you Ethercat. Thank you for keeping us going over the years.

We don't usually think about the heavy lifting unless suddenly we can't access the forum or a function has changed, yet for that to happen, you always needed to be on call or vigilant or fixing updates and patches or handling serving resources constantly and consistently. You did an amazing job.

I wish you all the very best and hope that you have a break and get busy with all the things that bring joy into your world. You will be missed.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I'm sad to see you go ethercat.
I can't imagine any forum that has such an attentive admin.
I really appreciate all your hard work and can't help feeling this has ended in the wrong way:/
I wish you all the best if there's no way this could be worked out.

ethercat

Cat in flight
Thanks everyone. I don't know what I will do in the immediate future - it's not like I don't have 20 gazillion other things to do - but it's possible I may drop in again from time to time.

May the wings of [STRIKE]liberty[/STRIKE] ethercat never lose a feather.

attachment.php

What are these "feathers" of which you speak??

cat-pilot.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thanks everyone. I don't know what I will do in the immediate future - it's not like I don't have 20 gazillion other things to do - but it's possible I may drop in again from time to time.

<snip>

For the immediate future there's an important matter before you head out the door...

You are planning on completing the "Leaving ESMB Routing Form", aren't you? :ohmy:

ethercat

Cat in flight
For the immediate future there's an important matter before you head out the door...

You are planning on completing the "Leaving ESMB Routing Form", aren't you? :ohmy:

Since I'm a never-in, I have never seen one of those in the original scientology form. But if an ESMB version has the type of questions on it that I suspect it does... it would probably be best for all concerned if I didn't complete it, and just blew instead.
:runaway:

:coolwink:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Since I'm a never-in, I have never seen one of those in the original scientology form. But if an ESMB version has the type of questions on it that I suspect it does... it would probably be best for all concerned if I didn't complete it, and just blew instead.

:lol::lol:

Yes, you can blow, but a routing form is nothing to be scared of...it's either

just to keep you in the building for the next billions of years while pretending we acknowledge you wanna leave and are helping you to make it go right (your leaving)
There are usually plenty of handy funny work to do like ESMB cleaning, renovations, decoration...:biggrin:

or

To only route you on a sec check to discover the crimes you committed against ESMB, it's founder, it's tech and fellow members (especially as a top executive) ;
Such crimes to be used to coerce you in ''willingly'' working out your treason condition...so a proper ethics handling will help you to come back to your senses and handle properly your dynamics for the greatest good....

Very easy to do!

:confused2:

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Yeah, don't sign anything. :)