What's new

Scientology member Marilyn Berdon has People magazine with Leah Remini removed from Target store

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology member Marilyn Berdon has ALL copies of People magazine featuring Leah Remini removed from Target store.

Source - Aaron Smith-Levin: https://twitter.com/GrowingupinSCN/status/905917225806290946

NYC9LrW.jpg

uEimEbr.jpg

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Thank you. Wondering what we can do to inform Target of those rights called Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press.
Tweeted. To start, Target, People magazine and A&E TV are tagged in the tweeted photos.

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/905950085560885248

MvmbgT6.png

TARGET GUEST RELATIONS

https://contactus.target.com/ContactUs

TARGET PRESS RELATIONS

https://corporate.target.com/press/contact-us

/

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think Target will treat this like any other OC customer - go along with it, calm down, put the mags back tomorrow.

Then they will probably watch Leah's series to see what all the fuss was about.

Scientologist strikes another effective blow against the enemy.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't believe this story. Why would the.local manager of a chain make such a decision and without hesitation? If there is any truth to it then theoriginalbigblue is right and it was a strategy to get her out of the store. Otherwise, this is a fairy tale.

It is described as 'a local target store.' Notice she does not say which one. Nor dos she say 'my' local target store. If she had said 'I was at Target and ...' it would have rung true. This reads like it was written by someone who was instructed to write a shore story.

Scientologists in good standing want to feel they are at cause because they are being smashed by Leah and others. This story allows them the delusion they have control over dissemination. Of course they don't.

CommunicatorIC

I don't believe this story. Why would the.local manager of a chain make such a decision and without hesitation? If there is any truth to it then theoriginalbigblue is right and it was a strategy to get her out of the store. Otherwise, this is a fairy tale.

It is described as 'a local target store.' Notice she does not say which one. Nor dos she say 'my' local target store. If she had said 'I was at Target and ...' it would have rung true. This reads like it was written by someone who was instructed to write a shore story.

Scientologists in good standing want to feel they are at cause because they are being smashed by Leah and others. This story allows them the delusion they have control over dissemination. Of course they don't.
I'm not saying I necessarily believe the story, but I also don't think it is outside the realm of possibility. I could see some manager, or more likely assistant manager who happened to be in charge at the time: (1) bowing to a customer who was adamantly arguing that the magazine subjected her to religious bias and discrimination; and (2) taking the copies off the floor UNTIL he got some direction from corporate or upper management. I can really see him doing that with the thought that it was the only way to avoid a big scene, a prolonged argument, and maybe even media coverage. Easier to just give in.

I suggest we not minimize the power of pleas of religious discrimination, religious bias, and political correctness.

guanoloco

As-Wased
My guess is that Target has diversity training, diversity officers and a whole slew of diverse policies that are anything but. Remember the transgender bathroom stance?

My guess but I think the story is credible based on that.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists are always under pressure to find new creative ways to earn brownie points to get out of a lower condition assignment or fatten up the commendation side of their ethics folder in anticipation of things like an OT preparation review.

Ethics folders are evaluated on volume. If they are too thin then that is a red flag that the person is not active or withholding, trying to stay under the radar. This is relative to time. Someone who has been in for a year and only done some intro courses is expected to have a thin folder but by the time they get to the OT levels it should have some substance. When people are active they inevitably will get ethics chits and knowledge reports because any time you increase interaction with other people you are going to offend somebody and on some rational atavistic level Scientologists actually understand this. Plus you will generate more ethics commendations. The goal is to have a balance of knowledge reports and commendations that is heavier with commendations for that eventuality when you are called on the carpet. We seem to be seeing a pattern of commendation seeking behavior with rotely written Facebook posts and petty condemnatory needling vids and I expect these would migrate through the community and become standard fare.

Doesn't have to be just random uncalculated fanaticism.

I find this completely believable.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have no doubt that OSA staff and volunteers are surreptitiously removing, defacing, and destroying copies of People Magazine with Leah on the cover, Charlie Batdorf confided to me the GO's campaign of organized criminal mischief that targeted The Scandal of Scientology.and other books and magazines that violated Hubbard's fascistic beliefs.
Furthermore, Scientologists take great pride in "suppressing Suppressives" in this manner.

I wonder how many Scientologists actually believe that Hurricane Irma may be a blessing in disguise because of the many thousands of soggy copies of People Magazine produced in it's wake. Florida Scientologists will view the destruction of these magazines as the "silver lining" of Irma.

This is how Scientologists think and behave.

Last edited:

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
What your IAS donations buy.

I can see collections being taken up so the mag can be purchased and destroyed. Similar campaign was done on the Time mag with the octopus on the cover.

This will only put Leah on the cover more often due to increased sales!

Anonycat

Crusader
I call BS. Products that Target carries is done on a corporate level, not decided by a $15/hour employee.

CommunicatorIC

Mike Rinder addresses the story that Scientology member Marilyn Berdon had People magazines featuring Leah Remini removed from a Target store.

Second item at: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-113/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Insanity In Plain View

Check this out.

These are the people who confront and shatter suppression with the only true tech to save mankind.

These are the people that proclaim themselves defenders of religious freedom (as long as it is their freedom that is in question).

These are the people that rave on about free speech….

[DELETED SCREENSHOT OF FACEBOOK POST BY MARILYN BERDON]

Wish I knew where this Target store was, I would go and ask for a copy of people mag.

And a bunch of trained seals tell her what a great job she did.

None of them see the hypocrisy. When you just KNOW you are right about everything, there is NO hypocrisy, only “I am right and you are wrong.”

Just by the way — didn’t feel my reach being cut at all. Actually made me more convinced than ever that the automatons inside the bubble need to be prevented from damaging any more people. Booyah!

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

skep

Patron with Honors
Thank you. Wondering what we can do to inform Target of those rights called Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press.
Love to agree with you, but those freedoms do not apply in a private corporations, just government. It would mean nothing.

Ysa'Leia

Scientologists are always under pressure to find new creative ways to earn brownie points to get out of a lower condition assignment or fatten up the commendation side of their ethics folder in anticipation of things like an OT preparation review.

Ethics folders are evaluated on volume. If they are too thin then that is a red flag that the person is not active or withholding, trying to stay under the radar. This is relative to time. Someone who has been in for a year and only done some intro courses is expected to have a thin folder but by the time they get to the OT levels it should have some substance. When people are active they inevitably will get ethics chits and knowledge reports because any time you increase interaction with other people you are going to offend somebody and on some rational atavistic level Scientologists actually understand this. Plus you will generate more ethics commendations. The goal is to have a balance of knowledge reports and commendations that is heavier with commendations for that eventuality when you are called on the carpet. We seem to be seeing a pattern of commendation seeking behavior with rotely written Facebook posts and petty condemnatory needling vids and I expect these would migrate through the community and become standard fare.

Doesn't have to be just random uncalculated fanaticism.

I find this completely believable.

And when the Psycho Scientologists left ....the manager had her staff put the magazines right back up on the racks.........The more Leah Exposes Scientology and the people wo are still in ...the Scientologists show their true colors and let the world know Leah Remini ain't lying.......Leah Remini Magazine cover probably made more money for PEOPLE Magazine than Tom Cruise ill fated movie "The Mummy"
Also where is Kirsti Alley at.......she attacked Leah so hard when Leah first left back in 2013......she has been quiet as of late........

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
And when the Psycho Scientologists left ....the manager had her staff put the magazines right back up on the racks.........The more Leah Exposes Scientology and the people wo are still in ...the Scientologists show their true colors and let the world know Leah Remini ain't lying.......Leah Remini Magazine cover probably made more money for PEOPLE Magazine than Tom Cruise ill fated movie "The Mummy"
Also where is Kirsti Alley at.......she attacked Leah so hard when Leah first left back in 2013......she has been quiet as of late........

ANSWER: At a certain point in time, Leah passed Kirstie in the celebrity popularity race. She also lapped her several times and beat Kirstie at her own game. To wit, Kirstie built a career on being a tough-talking hot chick, who will say anything for shock value.

Leah is way more tough talking and she's wayyyyyy more hot.

Add to that, Leah is also profoundly more caring, funny and intelligent.

So, she beat Kirstie at her own game. Demolished her, in fact!

What can Kirstie possibly do about it? Um......nothing.

So she is silently sulking on the "slave planet" she shares with the Commodore and COB.

Good luck Kirstie, you're fucked (not the kind you wanna be) until you wake up and figure this cult shit out, LOL

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Mike - she's 54 and lives in Sacramento CA. There are 3 Target stores there.
Ekchually, I've lived in the Sacramento area most of my life. It's a big, messy, sprawling urban/suburban area. There are about 8 Targets that could be considered "local."

That aside, did her post strike anyone else as being urban legend material? By that I mean, the lack of specificity. Which Target exactly? Why not say which one? The one out on Sunrise? By the Community College? In Elk Grove? The downtown location? The midtown location? Which? And I am tempted to run an experiment to see if an outrageous request by someone bleating about their religion rights being trampled on would be responded to with "zero comm lag" by a store associate. And "she said she would never want anything in the store to make [Ms. Berdon] feel unwelcome or uncomfortable"? Really??? It reads to me like something she thought of doing, standing in the checkout line.