What's new

Smiles & new themes

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi guys, there are new themes installed but they aren't operating correctly yet. If you want to test them out go for it but don't expect them to have all the features. Also there are more than 20 options at the moment but not all of them will stay. I installed them all so I can check them out on our board to see how they look. I'll probably only keep two or three dark styles and two or three light.

I installed quite a few smilies yesterday but have heaps more to do, but the most used ones are there I think.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If you want to check out the new styles, look down the bottom left hand corner of the page and you'll see:

N4F9qnV.png

Click on "Default Style" and you'll see a bunch of options to chose from. As I said they aren't fully functional but you'll get the idea of what is available.

For those who like a dark them, please let me know which variant you prefer. I'm partial to the Digi (orange) and Digi (Dark Blue) myself.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
How do I LIKE posts I want to like ? The LIKE button has gone...
Looking forward to Comic Sans font returning and color as well.
Thanks much Emma

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
How do I LIKE posts I want to like ? The LIKE button has gone...
Looking forward to Comic Sans font returning and color as well.
Thanks much Emma

Hi Karen, the likes system is disabled while I install the familiar "thanks/likes" system we had on the old board. It should be back within a few hours. The fonts I'm also working on. Right now you can still add colour to your posts by clicking on the symbol in the text box. See below:

3aAnSJi.png

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Emma,

Aren't you the sweetest!
Someone you like likes something you think is "butt ugly" and you go out of your way to make it available to them.

You are the best!

Jack

JackStraw

Emma,

I've written replies and made new posts but I have yet to see any way to add smilies. Where are they?

Thanks,

Jack

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
When you make a post you'll see this above you:

uQ7a4U3.png

Click on the smilie face and you'll see:

qwMeoK3.png

Click on each category to see the smilies.

JackStraw

When you make a post you'll see this above you:

uQ7a4U3.png

Click on the smilie face and you'll see:

qwMeoK3.png

Click on each category to see the smilies.
Ahh... Thank you! I wouldn't have thought to look.

I'm thinking my request for a forum Help may have been premature...

Thanks, darling!

Jack

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Oh you can have it back if you want. I thought it was butt ugly but I'll put it back for you. :sorry:

It's called the default style.
Thanks for your effort. Actually the default style is a blue/gray color (on my end anyways.) The other day there were like 8 or so choice of color themes two of which were in the green hues. One of the green themes that I liked was called "elegant" IIRC. Green is my favorite color. But you don't need to go out of your way if it taxes the system.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I am just catching up to this thread....

QUESTIONS:

I just tried some of the other (non-default) themes. Then I tried to "go back" to whatever was on screen before. Am I losing my mind or wasn't there just a theme that had orange elements? . Couldn't find it. Hopefully the orange color wasn't banned as a resistance thing vs. Trump. LOL

Also, here's another question that the right answer will change the fate of mankind, on this planet: Is there any way of creating any greater CONTRAST (or borders) between individual posts? I'm in default mode now and it's a "white-out" snow blizzard. LOL. Maybe my eyes have muscle-memory from the old board format, but I don't instantly see the delineation and have to look for it (i.e. the posts seem to just randomly float around--and I am an "enforce the borders" kind of guy. LOL.)

Jesus, that last joke is reallllllllllly bad positioning for someone making a humble request. LOL

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I am just catching up to this thread....

QUESTIONS:

I just tried some of the other (non-default) themes. Then I tried to "go back" to whatever was on screen before. Am I losing my mind or wasn't there just a theme that had orange elements? . Couldn't find it. Hopefully the orange color wasn't banned as a resistance thing vs. Trump. LOL

Also, here's another question that the right answer will change the fate of mankind, on this planet: Is there any way of creating any greater CONTRAST (or borders) between individual posts? I'm in default mode now and it's a "white-out" snow blizzard. LOL. Maybe my eyes have muscle-memory from the old board format, but I don't instantly see the delineation and have to look for it (i.e. the posts seem to just randomly float around--and I am an "enforce the borders" kind of guy. LOL.)

Jesus, that last joke is reallllllllllly bad positioning for someone making a humble request. LOL

Hoxy, try the Dark (with orange) theme. That's the one with orange elements.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Is there any way of creating any greater CONTRAST (or borders) between individual posts? I'm in default mode now and it's a "white-out" snow blizzard.
Sounds like you have an aversion to "pastels."

Ron gave a lecture on that an early 50's Congress.
It's from the birth engram . . . the color of the room and all.

I have it too. Real bad. :biggrin:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
When I'm reading the board I prefer a darker theme. but when I'm working on the board I prefer lighter - go figure.:screwy:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Hoxy, try the Dark (with orange) theme. That's the one with orange elements.

thanks, I did try that one but the dark background is something I never saw before. Probably the best solution is if you can fly out one of your staff to provide free customized, on-site problem resolution. You people do offer that, right? LOL

(ps: It may have been a browser formatting glitch, who knows, but what I saw before is now gone, baby, gone! No problem, I'm going in session today to handle the BPC! Ron Rocks!!)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
One day when I'm less busy, I'll install more themes. They take a bit of tweaking, and each custom theme has it's own quirks.