What's new

The Scientology Committee of Evidence

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

The Scientology Committee of Evidence

It’s Saturday. Yay for Terra Cognita! The Scientology Committee of Evidence The Committee of Evidence—Comm Ev for short—is one of the chief instruments the Church of Scientology uses to administer justice. Over the years, this court-martial-like hearing has changed from a method of gathering facts and evidence to something more sinister.[.......]

Continue reading...

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Even back in the 80's, the purpose of the CommEv committee was to come up with reasons to punish whoever the Convening Authority wanted hit.

freethinker

Sponsor
Even back in the 80's, the purpose of the CommEv committee was to come up with reasons to punish whoever the Convening Authority wanted hit.
This is true, but I appealed one to RTC and got a BofR which resulted in a repeal of the Comm Ev. If I got one now, I don't think that would happen.

Their fact finding consists of going to seniors and getting opinions of what they should do. If a Policy is in your favor, the Policy is re-interpreted to mean something else or ignored.

The Comm Ev is the lynch mob you get just before they hand out the punishment. It's based on popularity more than facts. An Affluence statistic has no bearing on the outcome. In fact it just pisses them off.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The Comm Ev is the lynch mob you get just before they hand out the punishment. It's based on popularity more than facts. An Affluence statistic has no bearing on the outcome. In fact it just pisses them off.
I sat on a CommEv committee once, for an SO member who was accused of having sex with his fiance before their wedding. I argued that his stats were up, and so he shouldn't be RPF'ed, and won the committee over.

It was the last CommEv I was ever asked to serve on.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Comm Ev is a Sea Org rite of passage. Some people put their hands into gloves full of poisonous ants - the SO has Comm Evs.

freethinker

Sponsor
I sat on a CommEv committee once, for an SO member who was accused of having sex with his fiance before their wedding. I argued that his stats were up, and so he shouldn't be RPF'ed, and won the committee over.

It was the last CommEv I was ever asked to serve on.
Sometimes Comm Evs are done correctly until corrected.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Exactly!

Although, on its face, what you have posted might be considered parody, a literal interpretation of your point quite accurately parallels other Commandments found in Hubbard's scripture.

THOU SHALT NOT FAIL TO:​
-- "Find or manufacture evidence." (to frame/convict one's enemies and other equally innocent victims)​
-- "Find (the mark's) ruin or make one real to them" (to "disseminate" the fraudulent hoax called Scientology)​
The entire "technology", "bridge" and "science" of Scientology can very accurately be described as something that Hubbard simply "came up with". Because, that's what sci-fi writers and con men do.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

LOL

That one immediately goes on my all-time list of the:

Craziest Cult Com-ev Chuckles

Your closing argument is very compelling in the sense that--if he was having sex--it wasn't only his stats that were up.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've been Comm Ev'd. It's not fun. Sitting there watching people you once loved & trusted, read out fabricated "overts" you never committed, or if you did it was under instruction from the ED to "make it go right".

I'm not sure if I ever posted my Comm Ev but will if anyone is interested.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
During my final year in Scientology and as a new Sea Org member in Clearwater, just prior to being SP Declared in the spring of '89, , I witnessed dozens of instances where Scientology policies on Ethics and Justice were either misapplied or ignored. Certainly enough to write a book some day. :)

In contrast to their actual policies, CoS SP Declared me and refused to confront me with my accusers. To this day I have no idea as to whom they are. I was given an SP Declare and sent on my way despite having 12 cents in my pocket and nowhere to stay. Just in the several months prior, I had commendations from ED INT, RTC Reports Officer, WDC, and others, because I helped get a situation at Flag handled which was directly cutting across expansion of the Flag Land Base. My biggest crime? I applied their "ethics conditions" and announced I wished to leave the Sea Org. I didn't receive any Comm Ev, nor even a discussion with an MAA to review my Ethics situation. No application of any of their own policies on justice.

Looking back though I'm very grateful they tossed me out and didn't leave the door open, even a crack. While I'm sure it was not their intent, it was the best thing Scientology EVER did for me during my 10 years I was involved. They could have only been more helpful had they done it after 1 week, rather than waiting 10 years. :D

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'd be interested, Emma. When did it happen, what year?
August 2001.

Here is the document.

X4jO9P3.jpg

Here is the last page of the F&Rs, I've highlighted the last paragraph in case anyone thought disconnection doesn't exist:

YEYpACU.jpg

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
and...just how is one to do a Danger formula if one is not permitted to communicate with other staff members?????? :splat:

I seem to remember seeing similar self-contradictory orders in my time in the scn matrix.

Jack

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I only asked because we did a big memory lane thing for Alan a couple of years ago and Peart is an unusual enough name. He'd be about 94 now and was a NZ spitfire ace pilot in England WWII.

A group of us pooled resources and got a fund going to get Alan a Spitfire joy flight. It was the first time he had flown since the war and it thrilled him to bits. There was a another ex pilot too on the same flight day, as we raised more than enough money to cover it. Not cheap @ $3500/hr.

It was done to pay our respects to an old veteran.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reading this has prompted me to re-visit my file of correspondence marked "Scientology". It reads like a war zone.

Comm Evs, Board of Reviews, KRs, people close to me being declared, "he said, she said" blah blah. And this went on for years.

I wasn't even a staff member, just a lowly member of public.

It all ended with me receiving a Goldenrod SP Declare which came as a blessed relief.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
August 2001.

Here is the document.

X4jO9P3.jpg

Here is the last page of the F&Rs, I've highlighted the last paragraph in case anyone thought disconnection doesn't exist:

YEYpACU.jpg
From reading this, the actual source of their upset is that you read things on the internet, with them using the auditing stuff as an excuse to toss you before you contaminated others with internet data.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
From reading this, the actual source of their upset is that you read things on the internet, with them using the auditing stuff as an excuse to toss you before you contaminated others with internet data.
The amusing thing is, I started reading the internet in January 2001. The previous August, I won 3 awards for Auditors day:

1. Auditor of the year.
2. Intern of the year.
3. Student of the year.

The C/S knew I'd never falsified worksheets. I was the first to admit to any auditing mistake and begged for cramming when I was uncertain.

The first page of the F&Rs say my PCs weren't moving up the Bridge. Really? Then why award me auditor of the year just 4 months earlier?

The Happiness Rundown I'd supposedly squirrelled by not using standard tech - I was forced to study on the train and after wog jobbing at nights & weekends because I wasn't allowed to take a break from auditing public to study properly. I was also "Out-Int" and so could not get M4 word clearing. The Snr C/S & ED were fully aware but wanted me to make it go right to audit the Happiness Rundown on a rich PC. However this was all my fault apparently, because I'm just so suppressive.

The lies, the justifications, the smug self righteous looks on those assholes faces, I can still see it.

But you are right. It was me looking at entheta that was the real crime. The other shit is just a justification.

I got the last laugh though. I read OTI - OTVIII on the net and remembered all the levels with good detail. As part of my O/W writeup I paraphrased all their precious OT levels, with much detail focused on Xenu and left the O/Ws on the Ethics Officers desk (out in the open). Apparently my OW writeup is sitting in a locked vault at Flag (or so I was told). :lol:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The Snr C/S & ED were fully aware but wanted me to make it go right to audit the Happiness Rundown on a rich PC. However this was all my fault apparently, because I'm just so suppressive.
The lies, the justifications, the smug self righteous looks on those assholes faces, I can still see it.
It's one of the downsides of being an exec. You are expected to implement the will of your seniors, regardless of what it does to the real people in front of you. You are expected to be ruthless in getting the stat, or you will be replaced by somebody else who WILL be more ruthless. In the end, you either walk away in order to keep hold of what remains of your humanity, or you become a sociopath. So who's left at the end of this Darwinian process?