What's new

Is it me?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is you Mimsey! :) You are so "sensitive" alert and aware that you likely pick up on stuff that the dullards of the universe are rather too stuck in their "whatever" that it fails to register for them.

Paul's point is valid . . . some simply do not and cannot perceive what is going on.

Example, there is a whole valid science to do with use of micro-electrical impulse therapy . . . most notably pioneered by the Russians. Their version is known by the name Scanar.

If interested in the science of this check out these guys. I have a unit, and I can give you more info if needed.
http://www.avazzia.com/cart/microcurrent-research.html

Recently I was reading about the effects that occur on folks following eclipses!! Oh, way woo woo.

There is currently lots of research being published regarding the effects of modulated RF on folks, even its use to manipulate the minds of targeted populations . . .

I am currently working with a very highly classed escapee from the cult who has been psychically bothered by the psychic disharmony and attacks directed at the person's direction. Truth is, once we "connect" with people, groups or areas of existence we can be affected or influenced by them as sources of what they put out. Thus, if one wants to not be adversely affected, one needs to learn to rise above it.

It is common parlance to refer to peoples' "Vibes" or to restaurants having a good "atmosphere."

It has always amazed me that folks in circles such as here can deny these phenomena.

R
It isn't only in that direction your pointing. Sometimes it can be psychological in that you can convince yourself that some feeling your having has to do with the book you have recently read and the natural phenomena that is occurring at that time.

In posts that you point at certain aspects of phenomena escaping the notice of some people you come across as attempting to sell only the direction you want a person to be directed.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
One of my kids experiences Seasonal Affective Disorder, which starts when the days become shorter. The handling is to take long walks in the sunshine. We also try to schedule trips south during Christmas break.

On stressful days, try taking a quiet walk during lunch time.
I have Seasonal Affective Disorder -- when there are fewer of hours of light each day. I have a light thingy that I'm supposed to use for an hour each evening, just after the sun goes down, to fix this. (And I'm going to build a second light thingy one of these days.)

Helena

RogerB

Crusader
I have Seasonal Affective Disorder -- when there are fewer of hours of light each day. I have a light thingy that I'm supposed to use for an hour each evening, just after the sun goes down, to fix this. (And I'm going to build a second light thingy one of these days.)

Helena

Helena,

I found some years ago, that I developed a little dry skin condition on my legs. Taking it to my friendly dermo-man he labeled it some sort of fancy Latin named winter dry skin condition, and prescribed I use some gooey junk to keep my skin "moist."

Heh! In any event, the next year I was ready for this monster, and come late September with the temperature far from winter cold (it was still in the high '70's) my leg dry skin thingie was manifesting . . .

Thus I got interested in what changed!?! Well it was not the temperature of the cold.

What had changed was the angle of the sunlight hitting where I lived in NYC . . . we had gone through the equinox . . . and interestingly enough, as I researched the situation, I could sense the difference in the wavelength of the light. This, by the way is something I learned in Oz. Early morning light is of a slightly different wavelength than late afternoon.

Compounding the wavelength of light change is the fact that Manhattan is one giant construct of deep canyons . . . very little direct sunlight down at where mere mortals inhabit.

So I got bright. I fitted out my office and living room with full-spectrum light bulbs that throw out the natural light wavelengths we get from the sun.

I have told this story before on ESMB . . . but the fact is, this trick saved my skin. My MD dermo-man told me I should publish my findings . . . he says I might win a Nobel! :D

R

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Given the nature of both the Sun and us Homo Sap's, it seems plausible that the Sun can have an effect upon our mental health.

Here is a link to an article concerning this possibility from New Scientist (from 2008):
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13769-does-the-earths-magnetic-field-cause-suicides/

Excerpt:
“The most plausible explanation for the association between geomagnetic activity and depression and suicide is that geomagnetic storms can desynchronise circadian rhythms and melatonin production,” says Kelly Posner, a psychiatrist at Columbia University in the US.

The pineal gland, which regulates circadian rhythm and melatonin production, is sensitive to magnetic fields. “The circadian regulatory system depends upon repeated environmental cues to [synchronise] internal clocks,” says Posner. “Magnetic fields may be one of these environmental cues.”

Geomagnetic storms could disrupt body clocks, precipitating seasonal affective disorder and therefore increase suicide risk, Posner told New Scientist.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
It's pretty well known that most people find that their skin becomes a bit drier in winter, especially as they get older ... there are various contributing factors ... windy and cold weather, wearing more clothing, more bedding and maybe using one of those electric blankets (yuk!), changes to diet (less salads, less water) and being indoors more perhaps with heating on all contribute to drying out your skin (in summer extreme sun and air conditioning will do it too but we tend to drink more water then and that helps a lot).

I forget to mention one of the main things that can dry out skin ... in winter, having hotter (and perhaps longer) showers or baths and (all year round) using chemical cocktails (skin washes, soaps and many of the available creams) on your skin.

I doubt I'll win the Nobel for this but after showering applying a very thin layer of almond or olive oil to your skin (or whatever oil you have) will fix it overnight ... and using a natural soap.

Last edited:
If you want to see / listen to a really great interview - try this one - Neil deGrasse Tyson and Joe Rogan - Oh god - talking wrestling, TV & movies - twilight zone, the correct and incorrect science in star trek, star wars, gravity, monster's inc., how to use oxygen to find life on other planets, what if there's too much oxygen in the atmosphere, how they use pi to figure out hat size, different sizes of infinity, fourth dimension portals, pluto, planet X - and I am only 3/4 of an hour into it.

Mimsey

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Hey, Mimsey, did I post this for you before?

Qi Gong Master Demonstrates “Chi” In RARE Footage – THIS Is The SHOCKING Power We ALL Posses!

Qigong is an holistic system of carefully coordinated body movements, breathing activities, and meditation used to balance and improve health of body, mind and spirit. Qigong can be classified as martial, medical, or spiritual.
Chi energy, better known as qì or ch’i, by practitioners and students, is a force meant to describe that which gives life. It is the equivalent of what some in the West would call soul or spirit, and others may simply call energy. In the popular science fiction film, “Star Wars”, it is known as “the force”. To Hindus it is referred to as prana, to native American Indians, the great spirit.
People do Qigong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.

More info and videos at link

/

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I have the social graces of a polecat and I'm fully aware of it, I also have a tendency (but only when really relaxed) to say what I actually mean, lol ... I don't drink due to that unfortunate personality trait.

:D

Me too - actually I drink due to this personnality trait :eek:
and am totally unable to post a reply out of this quote...

Hello, hello...I want to get out of the quote...
Please help me..I am prisonner of the quote...
I want to break free....

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
FIFY

Posted by Lotus.

:D
Me too - actually I drink due to this personnality trait :eek:
and am totally unable to post a reply out of this quote...
Hello, hello...I want to get out of the quote...
Please help me..I am prisonner of the quote...
I want to break free....

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I tried to locked myself again in a quote..but now can't :eek::eek:

LOL

Please help....SOS
I am locked outside of the quote :(

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
You girls are nufties.

Lol! That may well be true (especially in Lotus's case) but ... twice now I have been unable to get out of the quote thingy (I swear it's true, I tried everything including backing right out and starting over a few times and eventually giving up).

Seems OK again now though.

Just remembered ... I think @Lone Star mentioned having issues with the same thing.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Me too re the quote thing. Specifically, if I start a post by quoting a previous post, I am unable to write anything in my post that doesn't appear inside the quote.

I've given up trying now.

Paul

EDIT: Aha. I've been using a VPN lately. If I turn it off I can then type outside the Quote.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I doubt I'll win the Nobel for this but after showering applying a very thin layer of almond or olive oil to your skin (or whatever oil you have) will fix it overnight ... and using a natural soap.
I concur.

I use a special formulation of oils on my skin (especially on face, neck and all ''visible parts'' :oops: of this meat body) and it does a real good job on the face and to cheer me up when my thetan look in the miror ;)

I recentlygave a try to a mineral\dead see mud soap and salt scrub (SEACRETS) ..it does wonders. Yesterday the esthetician said it is among those she too favors

Also the Chlorines in water..it creates terrible effects in the body and on the skin that we must repair with more hydratation and oils.

I love this pts to the middle class thread :p

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
Lol! That may well be true (especially in Lotus's case) but ... twice now I have been unable to get out of the quote thingy (I swear it's true, I tried everything including backing right out and starting over a few times and eventually giving up).

Seems OK again now though.

Just remembered ... I think @Lone Star mentioned having issues with the same thing.
I think it was me who mentioned it, but does anybody notice when a poor old lady can't figger out how to do sumpin here? NO! Its elderly abuse I tell you. Elderly abuse.

Kevin Osborne

Lately it seems I am getting more crazy communications, getting into more arguments, more misunderstandings etc. I had read that certain solar emissions seem to effect the electromagnetic fields and mental health of people.

Have you noticed an uptick of that sorts?
:hide:
Mimsey

"How Solar Flares Affect Human Health – Our Mind And Body
MessageToEagle.com – Have you ever felt strange without really knowing why, shortly after a solar flare entered Earth’s atmosphere?
According to scientists, solar flares do cause changes in human health.
A solar flare is an explosion on the Sun that happens when energy stored in twisted magnetic fields is suddenly released. Such intense activity has influence on our mind and body. More and more scientists are now convinced that our Sun affects our mental and physical health."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0273117707009404
"Effects of geomagnetic activity variations on the physiological and psychological state of functionally healthy humans: Some results of Azerbaijani studies.
Abstract
There are collaborative and cross-disciplinary space weather studies in the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences conducted with purposes of revealing possible effects of solar, geomagnetic and cosmic ray variability on certain technological, biological and ecological systems. This paper describes some results of the experimental studies of influence of the periodical and aperiodical changes of geomagnetic activity upon human brain, human health and psycho-emotional state."
See Clif High on youtube.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the kind words, but you have no idea of my ability to infuriate people. What inspired my post was an email discussion with a person who told me on no uncertain terms to go fuck myself. Another telling example - I was a waiter when I was in my late teens in this steak house, and customer asked how business was doing, and I said it was off from the previous year. Well, Toni the bosses wife, ran into the kitchen and tearfully told Red the boss & chef of my gaffe, so then, when I came into the kitchen he proceeded to tell me I was wrong, I said: I don't have time for this right now, I have customers to wait on, and went back out to the dining room.

When I came back in the kitchen a few moments later he was up on the steam table trying to wrest a large french knife from the wood cutting board. He told my bartender dad later that evening he was so mad, he was about to throw the knife at me but slammed it in the cutting board instead.

Mimsey

cooooooooooooooool...

Way cool.