What's new

Old Ethics Officer was Out Ethics

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
Hi everyone.

I am new to the board but not new to Scientology. I was born in and my parents are ex Sea Org. They left to have a family. This was before the enforced abortions - which break my heart to hear about.

I am hiding under the radar. I have to be careful because I still have family in and they are not leaving anytime soon. My parents are really drinking the kool-aide.

I am learning the truth about Scientology now, thanks to Leah Remini and Mike Rinder. I am watching every episode of A&E - Scientology; The Aftermath or whatever it is called. OMG! So unbelievable I was part of this evil group for so long.

I found this board and am blown away. Thanks for speaking out about what happened to you. I don't feel so alone now after reading other horror stories.

Our Org has been dead for many years. We have been lied to about expansion and all of us staffers thought it was us - it was our fault. Now I know the truth.

I am reading about David Misavige now and am really freaked out. What an evil man. I am also reading about LRH - wow, we were completely duped.

I am going to get others out now - but I will be very careful.

Thanks for this board and for all you guys have posted here.

Out Effix

Tory Magoo - WOW! I am listening to all of her You Tube videos and she is shedding light on so much - WOW!

Thank you Tory - for talking and never letting Scientology suppress you!

Out Effix

Thank you EZ Linus. It is good to be free. Hard to deal with all of the lies I was fed for my entire life - but I am dealing with them one at a time.

I have realized that trust is not at the top of the tone scale.

Homosexuality is not 1.1 either

So many lies to filter through - sigh....

anon1

Patron
Thank you EZ Linus. It is good to be free. Hard to deal with all of the lies I was fed for my entire life - but I am dealing with them one at a time.

I have realized that trust is not at the top of the tone scale.

Homosexuality is not 1.1 either

So many lies to filter through - sigh....
Welcome! I'm in a similar position. What made you realise it was all a lie? It's one thing being told, quite another accepting it.

Out Effix

Welcome! I'm in a similar position. What made you realise it was all a lie? It's one thing being told, quite another accepting it.
It was not one singular event for me. It was the truth getting out - little by little. The truth made sense to me. The lies Scientology told us did not.

I am not freshly out - I have done a lot of reading on the internet for a while now.

I lurked on this board for a while too.

I have not scratched the surface of all the horror stories from Ex Scientologist's but I feel that I have a grip on what Scientology really is - thanks to the internet and the brave people that spoke up.

Also, I did not do a ton of auditing so I think that kept my rational mind in tact - able to spot the OUTNESSES and file them away to be used when the "file clerk" folder of my rational mind - got too full and nothing made sense anymore.

I started to peek at the internet - I could not stop. I was blown away and suddenly everything made sense.

I recall one thing that stands out now as I look back....after doing some research on mind control tactics....which Scientology uses to dupe the members.

I helped set up events at our Org. We were told by upper management to turn up the A/C at events to keep it cold and to turn up the volume very loud. I was told people had to stay for the entire event and that their ethics were out if they left.

The events were 3-4 hours long - videos of Scientologist's not saying anything specific and rambling on and on on how Scientology helped them have all of these wins....
This really bothered me - always had.

and then COB pounding everyone with "success stories" on the wins Scientology was experiencing World wide....that I could not see with my own eyes.

"Fastest growing Church"...."millions of members".....The Basics - where Miscavige announced the SP's altered the tech - so buy the books again over and over". All of the ruin I saw with all members. No one was really winning and everyone was getting bankrupted and financially ruined and their families destroyed.

I dealt with those people that came back from Flag. They would say anything to get out of that hell hole extortion ring.

When they came home - the financial ruin from Flag relentless regging and begging - hit them like a ton of bricks and they were not VGI's.....they had been suppressed, invalidated and nullified by Scientology at the Mecca. I saw this over and over again and again.

I got tired of it. It made me very sad to see how Flag ruined lives and got so much money out of people.

I witnessed OOT's going to Flag and getting destroyed. Two Staffer's (who were very dedicated) spent several years at FLAG and the stress was so much (they told me) - Both died of cancer after they returned.

So much death in Scientology - unexplained deaths too. OT's dying in their sleep. OT's dying of cancer. Suicide's and attempted suicides.

So much destruction covertly done by the Church. All carefully hidden out of view. Clever tactics - like don't talk about your case and criticizing Scientology equals overts and withholds. Very clever mechanisms to keep members from thinking and using their common sense and talking about the outnesses.

When they did - they were punished....I know, I was the punisher. Cringe.

We were not expanding, the tech was not working, there were no clears or OT's as described by LRH.

Then it hit home....Scientology made me vulnerable and my relationship was destroyed.
I became a victim of Scientology. I was financially ruined too with deep debt on top of losing the love of my life.

Everything the critics were saying was TRUE. Everything Scientology was saying - was a lie.
I no longer trusted "my church" or COB.

Scientology did not follow what it teaches. The tech does not work because Scientology's ethics have been out since the beginning- so to speak -using Scientologese.

And I would like to say this as well....Scientology is out of exchange with everyone - it is a rip off and it hurts people. The proof is all of the victims of Scientology who trusted their church and the leader. Scientology is a scam.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was not one singular event for me. It was the truth getting out - little by little. The truth made sense to me. The lies Scientology told us did not.

I am not freshly out - I have done a lot of reading on the internet for a while now.

I have not scratched the surface of all the horror stories from Ex Scientologist's but I feel that I have a grip on what Scientology really is - thanks to the internet and the brave people that spoke up.

Also, I did not do a ton of auditing so I think that kept my rational mind in tact - able to spot the OUTNESSES and file them away to be used when the "file clerk" folder of my rational mind - got too full and nothing made sense anymore.

I started to peek at the internet - I could not stop. I was blown away and suddenly everything made sense.

I recall one thing that stands out now as I look back....after doing some research on mind control tactics....which Scientology uses to dupe the members.

I helped set up events at our Org. We were told by upper management to turn up the A/C at events to keep it cold and to turn up the volume very loud. I was told people had to stay for the entire event and that their ethics were out if they left.

The events were 3-4 hours long - videos of Scientologist's not saying anything specific and rambling on and on on how Scientology helped them have all of these wins....

and then COB pounding everyone with "success stories" on the wins Scientology was experiencing World wide....that I could not see with my own eyes.

"Fastest growing Church"...."millions of members".....The Basics - where Miscavige announced the SP's altered the tech - so buy the books again over and over". All of the ruin I saw with all members. No one was really winning and everyone was getting bankrupted and financially ruined and their families destroyed.

I dealt with those people that came back from Flag. They would say anything to get out of that hell hole extortion ring.

When they came home - the financial ruin from Flag relentless begging - hit them like a ton of bricks and they were not VGI's.....they had been suppressed, invalidated and nullified by Scientology at the Mecca. I saw this over and over again and again.

I got tired of it. It made me very sad to see how Flag ruined lives and got so much money out of people.

I witnessed OOT's going to Flag and getting destroyed. Two Staffer's (who were very dedicated) spent several years at FLAG and the stress was so much (they told me) - Both died of cancer after they returned.

So much death in Scientology - unexplained deaths too. OT's dying in their sleep. OT's dying of cancer. Suicide's and attempted suicides.

So much destruction covertly done by the Church. All carefully hidden out of view. Clever tactics - like don't talk about your case and criticizing Scientology equals overts and withholds. Very clever mechanisms to keep members from thinking and using their common sense and talking about the outnesses.

We were not expanding, the tech was not working, there were no clears or OT's as described by LRH.

Then it hit home....Scientology made me vulnerable and my relationship was destroyed.
I became a victim of Scientology. I was financially ruined too with deep debt on top of losing the love of my life.

Everything the critics were saying was TRUE. Everything Scientology was saying - was a lie.

Scientology did not follow what it teaches. The tech does not work because Scientology's ethics have been out since the beginning- so to speak -using Scientologese.

And I would like to say this as well....Scientology is out of exchange with everyone - it is a rip off and it hurts people. The proof is all of the victims of Scientology who trusted their church and the leader. Scientology is a scam.
This is one of the best posts I have ever seen. You capture so perfectly the end phenomena of Scientology - “The way out is the way through”.

Some people may want to believe that all this dysfunctionality and abuse is attributable to DM but it mirrors my experience when LRH ran things.
Ethics Officers are routinely portrayed here as evil cult enforcers but I have tried to play devil's advocate by explaining that this isn't necessarily the case. Scientology has two personas. The warm and fuzzy new age self help facade and the totalitarian money grubbing heart. The "Ethics Tech" is supposed to help people resolve problems in their life so they can progress spiritually up the Bridge and don’t disrupt the group. If you have someone on staff who has an aptitude for helping people solve problems then they may be posted as EO because the senior people doing the posting also still believe that they are helping people and are still trying to do that within the self destructive framework of the organization. There are lots of instances where being firm in dealing with others is beneficial when you have their best interests at heart and this is also a quality that they look for in an EO, so you get this combination of a disciplinarian trying to help people. That can work OK until the real nature of the organization imposes itself on the person holding the post and changes their priorities in real application to Ministry of Truth enforcer. So you get this kind of situation where an EO who hasn’t gone totally dark side executes 5 people but hides one in the latrine pit when they can.

I think it would be helpful for other people to have you explain how an EO has to balance these opposing views in order to hold the post without internal conflict.

Out Effix

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen. You capture so perfectly the end phenomena of Scientology - “The way out is the way through”.

Some people may want to believe that all this dysfunctionality and abuse is attributable to DM but it mirrors my experience when LRH ran things.
Ethics Officers are routinely portrayed here as evil cult enforcers but I have tried to play devil's advocate by explaining that this isn't necessarily the case. Scientology has two personas. The warm and fuzzy new age self help facade and the totalitarian money grubbing heart. The "Ethics Tech" is supposed to help people resolve problems in their life so they can progress spiritually up the Bridge and don’t disrupt the group. If you have someone on staff who has an aptitude for helping people solve problems then they may be posted as EO because the senior people doing the posting also still believe that they are helping people and are still trying to do that within the self destructive framework of the organization. There are lots of instances where being firm in dealing with others is beneficial when you have their best interests at heart and this is also a quality that they look for in an EO, so you get this combination of a disciplinarian trying to help people. That can work OK until the real nature of the organization imposes itself on the person holding the post and changes their priorities in real application to Ministry of Truth enforcer. So you get this kind of situation where an EO who hasn’t gone totally dark side executes 5 people but hides one in the latrine pit when they can.

I think it would be helpful for other people to have you explain how an EO has to balance these opposing views in order to hold the post without internal conflict.
It is hard to explain but others have discussed the strange phenomena that happens to Scientolgoists when they witness the outnesses and criminal activities conducted by the Church.

All I can say as that I learned how to disconnect from emotions and stopped thinking when it came to Scientology. I felt I did not fully understand it all and that people lived millions of years committing overt acts and they were getting restimulated on past lives in this life so they were "dramatizing their reactive minds".

I was "trained" to think that they are "pulling it in" and it is their fault but they cannot see it. They have to go CLEAR and OT....except I did not see qualities in any of the Clears or OT's ...

So...I parked the thoughts in a dark corner of my mind and stopped thinking about it....disconnected from any HE&R.....and that worked for a while.

I became numb. I was acting like a robot - not thinking for myself and doing whatever my senior told me to do.

Then it happened to me......I had a transgression and I was the receipient of harsh ethics and humility beyond belief.

It seems so stupid to me now that I ever thought that way.

Cringing...

Last edited:

Out Effix

How long on average do you think people stay active in Scientology now, or before they start to distance themselves?
The only ones in are loners with no families or families who have been keeping Scientology working with money and slave labor - getting their kids on staff to work for free while the parents support them.

Each Org has a few families that have been around forever - keeping them stocked with free labor (kids) and money.

There are no new public coming in at all...hasn't been for most of my life. A few trickle in but soon leave and the "whispering campaign" goes around staff as to how unethical they were....smoking pot, drinking, adultery....etc. I have to admit - we were all so creepy....two faced and

The internet has killed any hope for Scientology to expand.

The documentaries and books coming out are killing Scientology's chances too.

I am so grateful I found out the truth and saved myself from further harm.

I am going to get others out and the Org will never know who is doing it.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

When they came home - the financial ruin from Flag relentless regging and begging - hit them like a ton of bricks and they were not VGI's.....they had been suppressed, invalidated and nullified by Scientology at the Mecca. I saw this over and over again and again.

It's very different now.

There were problems with the damn thing back in the day and from the start I didn't think I'd be staying forever but what was good was pretty damn good

I hold the Co$ of today culpable of the wrongful death of my son...

but...

I still will not renounce the remarkable benefits of auditing and auditor training.

Welcome!!!

Out Effix

The benefits of auditing and training, from years of my observation to others doing it and receiving it, is that it gets them into a state of confusion about life.

The few new people that came into Scientology the past 10 years I was on Staff and received auditing - alot of it - were financially ruined very quickly and their marriages destroyed.

They could not work and create money any more. Their ability to make decisions - gone....now their thought process is going through the Scientological Filter - created by the mad man - L Ron Hubbard.

I have seen it with my own eyes. People get hurt by Scientology auditing.

The reason, IMHO?

Scientology's end product is to confuse a human being into being nothing - so Scientology can get all of their money and free labor.

The person became a confused mess.

They eventually go into apathy about their work - not good enough...does not save the planet - etc...the group think effects them... "whatever you are doing is not okay unless you are giving everything to Scientology to save the planet"....

I do believe a little "talk therapy" can help. That is why Auditing becomes so addictive. One is not allowed to "feel any emotions below 2.0" so they want and crave the auditing...because people feel - normal people feel various emotions all the time - depending on what they have going on in their lives.

I have seen people lose loved ones - slip into a state of cognitive dissonance and tell themselves that they will see their loved one again - they will come back ...find a body and join them in this lifetime or the next...

They avoid the emotion of "grief" cuz it hurts. Scientology helps them avoid those feelings.

Scientology auditing is too manipulative.

A few examples...."GAS LIGHTING" or "REFRAMING" occurs when a Scientologist sees a crime within the Organization (extorting money out of people at Flag) and tries to do something about it)...The person reports it and soon - everyone is avoiding them...they are 'BAD' and have crimes they are hiding.

This is psychological mind fucking. Also known as GASLIGHTING and REFRAMING. It fucks with your head and the side effects are devastating.

The auditor is trained to look for overts and withholds if you criticize Scientology.

Also - charging enormous fees for auditing - sets a person up to bypass their true feelings so they don't have money or want to waste it. It is a scam.

Scientology is a really like a "narcissist" and it abuses all members. The leader is a Narcissist. He abuses everyone to get his needs met. He is like a vampire - sucking the life and money out of all victims.

One has to recover from the Narcissist Abuse.

Listen to Richard Grannon and Rosenberg - face off - breaking free from Narcissistic Abuse & Human Magnet Syndrome.

We are manipulated to become "co dependent" on Scientology and the "Narciccistic Wizzard of OZ ( L Ron Hubbard and David MIscavige) who tells us "we don't have a heart, a brain or courage" and LRH is source on how to get everything we need.

LRH's life accomplishments are all lies - created by the main Narcissist - LRH - and fed to the victims of the mind controlling cult - over and over and over each year. ALL LIES.

Scientology finds our human frailties and exploit them for a profit.

Scientology sells the ONLY the solution. Scientology is filled with excuses and justifications as to why it does not work.

Someone who does not respond to auditing is an SP. Someone who does not get auditing is an SP....just look at all of the contradictions..... Scientology is LOADED with them.

Scientology / L Ron Hubbard's Tech uses gas lighting, manipulation, mind control and scare tactics to get money and free labor so the leader can benefit.

That is all Scientology is. Smoke and Mirrors without anything of benefit.

We have to recover from this insidious, cruel and inhumane condition after years of abuse.

I am simplifying my recovery. It is taking a long time but I found a road out....THE TRUTH!

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Out Ethics, I commend you for your recent posts. Good for you! Thank you for taking the time and energy to speak out -- and educate! :)

The healing process takes (seemingly) forever, but with every passing day that is further away from that cult, the better. I am not sure how long a person has to be in to "qualify" for being deeply effected. It sounds like you were effected deeply though, not because of getting so much auditing, but for being indoctrinated as a staff member. An EO. I can see that being a really difficult situation. So, I am sorry you had to experience what you did, and I'm so glad to hear you made your way out, and in the way that you did too. You read the truth. You saw the truth, and you discovered how the whole machine runs, including the psychological mindfuck. Both the COB and Hubbard are/were not just narcissists, but sociopaths.

I was an OES and I feel for you. I was so "ethical" and everyone saw me that way. I too messed up and then publicly humiliated, a couple of times. Then I flirted with someone else while I was in a relationship and got very sick (and of course that was totally my fault). In turn, that was why I lost my house and all my belongings (all "awarded" to my 2D by the chaplain). But, at least I got away.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

:hug: :console: