What's new

Boston - Part 2

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
At Pooks request, I'm back on track:

Hey Graham and Heather!

Give me my $25,000.00 grand back!

You never opened the new org and you have my donation!

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Nothing new is happening particularly. Fundraising is continuing and the next target is $5 million to pay for all the construction plans. Then the rebuild will start. Hi Pooks, Hi myrklix!
Well, nothing surprising in this. And this $5 mil. is just for the "plans" to say nothing about the actual construction costs. How much of field is there remaining to actually fleece, uh, fundraise from? I wonder if IAS will step in with funds as it has with a few other Idle Projects.

Besides any fundraising, is there any training? How many people? Any processing? How many? Is there ANY focus on these two VFP's (or whatever the stat is called)?

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Or maybe this is a sign that you are over with Scientology, and it's time to fully move on with your non-Scientology life.
To be honest, it's pretty much this. I still like to check out what's happening with people I used to know personally, but that's really my only stake in being connected anymore.

freethinker

Sponsor
You have this all about half right. The actual information is all in this thread.
Is the Allston building operational? Is there much traffic there or do they rely on rent from tenants to the building? Didn't they have some compliances they had to deal with concerning the Allston building?

Do they have events at the Allston building? How's Bodies in the Shop stat? GI stat? Donations stat? Clears made stat? WDAH? Student Points?

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
I just realized that it's been two full years since they purchased the Allston building. And still seemingly not using it yet. What a clusterfuck.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I just realized that it's been two full years since they purchased the Allston building. And still seemingly not using it yet. What a clusterfuck.
Not necessarily from DM's perspective. Real estate is a good place to park money, especially if (as a church) you are not subject to real estate taxes. Real estate is also a good way to launder money, and a good way to skim money. For example, have staff and SO do renos for free, but charge the church for their services via some offshore shell corporation whose real ownership is intentionally difficult to uncover.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yes everything is at the Quincy location. "We" gave up the storefront on the street as it wasn't being used but otherwise still chugging away here. Fundraising events are occasionally held in the unheated Alston building. Brrrrrrr.
Hi Bambino, was the storefront used initially upon first moving into the building?

bambino

Patron with Honors
Hi Bambino, was the storefront used initially upon first moving into the building?
Sort of. It was set up as a Div 6 testing center/book sales space. It was used mostly for events if at all. Auditors Day was held there several years ago. It's a game store now with tons of kids playing Magic the Gathering.

bambino

Patron with Honors
Is the Allston building operational? Is there much traffic there or do they rely on rent from tenants to the building? Didn't they have some compliances they had to deal with concerning the Allston building?

Do they have events at the Allston building? How's Bodies in the Shop stat? GI stat? Donations stat? Clears made stat? WDAH? Student Points?
The Allston building has tenants in it and Steve Goodwin is the estates manager. There is a separate warehouse space that we use for fundraising events. I seem to recall some issues with the warehouse but I haven't heard anything more about that.

As to the GDSs, suffice it to say that they are all in the range of about one third of what they were when you were on staff. And of course ideal org donations was never a GDS.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Steve Goodwin is the Estates manager! Wow. Last I knew he was at the DC org. Sorry to hear that he's still in.
Who else is still on staff? Any updates? Hugs to you!

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
So is the plan to get rid of some or all of the tenants and move the org there at some point? Why is it that two years has gone by and they're still renting in Quincy? Do they think they just need a 100 gazillion dollars in donations to turn it into an ideal org before they move in?

bambino

Patron with Honors
So is the plan to get rid of some or all of the tenants and move the org there at some point? Why is it that two years has gone by and they're still renting in Quincy? Do they think they just need a 100 gazillion dollars in donations to turn it into an ideal org before they move in?
The building in Quincy was leased for two years right from the get go. Yes the tenants will leave when the renovations start. Perhaps the current $5 million target for the plans will be all that's needed ;). As a side note the new condos at 448 Beacon are done and they are AMAZING!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The building in Quincy was leased for two years right from the get go. Yes the tenants will leave when the renovations start. Perhaps the current $5 million target for the plans will be all that's needed ;). As a side note the new condos at 448 Beacon are done and they are AMAZING!
I see there's a unit available presently at 448 Beacon St, now called "The Residences at Hooper Mansion". Only $2,995,000! ;)

Pictures available over here:
https://www.zillow.com/b/448-Beacon-St-Boston-MA/42.35123,-71.0884_ll/