What's new

SRI

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Said, "hello, nice to meet you" or some such introduction type thing. End of story.

If I had known that he was the only person who had any OT abilities that I was likely to meet for the next 30 or 40 years, I would have paid more attention. Seriously, I thought there were lots of people who could do what he could do. No biggie to me at the time. :eyeroll:

So, there was talk about him. Tell us about that.

TP

Wisened One

Crusader
Said, "hello, nice to meet you" or some such introduction type thing. End of story.

If I had known that he was the only person who had any OT abilities that I was likely to meet for the next 30 or 40 years, I would have paid more attention. Seriously, I thought there were lots of people who could do what he could do. No biggie to me at the time. :eyeroll:

Yeah, he was an OT, right? So course you figured this was what you were aspiring to, no biggie. Like we all did. :sadsigh:

Last edited:

Good twin

Floater
When I first got in there was a promo piece with celebs in it. Ingo Swan was one of them. I was much more impressed with Chick Corea (who I also met a few times) and Karen Black who I thought was just incredibly bizarre. I learned more about Ingo Swan after I got out. He has some impressive stuff on his resume. Being a Scientologist is probably a bit of an embarrassment to him. He had his abilities before he got in. I wonder if the tech messed him up?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Part 2 of the Ingo Vid on youTube gives a very good explanation of the genus of Hubbard's e-metering plants phase; as usual, it appears that Hubbard stole this idea (and claimed it as his own) too!

Last edited:

ILived1984!

Patron with Honors
Very interesting. I just happen to reading about these guys right now in "Psi Spies" by Jim Marrs. An interesting read and I wondered if these guys ever ran into scn.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Part 2 of the Ingo Vid on youTube gives a very good explanation of the genus of Hubbard's e-metering plants phase; as usual, it appears that Hubbard stole this idea (and claimed it as his own) too!

Yeah. Hubbard in August 1958 stole the idea that Cleve Backster had on Feb 2, 1966. The precognitive rat.

From http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/history.htm:
August [1958]: The local paper, the "Courier" reports the "nuclear scientist, Dr. Hubbard," was experimenting with the growing of vegetables. A picture of Hubbard with an e-meter attached to a tomato plant appeared in "Garden News," and when the British press heard about it there was a scramble to the gates of St. Hill. This famous picture of Hubbard eventually found itself into "Newsweek," magazine in the US.

From http://www.derrickjensen.org/backster.html:
Sometimes it happens that a person can name the exact moment when his or her life changed irrevocably. For Cleve Backster, it was early morning on February 2, 1966, at thirteen minutes, fifty-five seconds of chart time for a polygraph he was administering. One of the world's experts on polygraphs, and the creator of the Backster Zone Comparison Test, the standard used by lie detection examiners worldwide, Backster had threatened the subject's well-being in hopes of triggering a response. The subject had responded electrochemically to this threat. The subject was a plant.

Paul

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Well. there you go!
Thanks for spotting that, Paul, I thought he said Baxter was in '56.
I'll be sure to apologise to Ron next time I see him.
Cheers, Panda.
PS: I wonder if this means that someone actually plagiarised Hubbard for a change or... ?

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
PS: I wonder if this means that someone actually plagiarised Hubbard for a change or... ?

I doubt it. I read Backster's book "Primary Perception" a few years ago. If I remember it right he was trying to measure something about uptake of water and was shocked when the plant picked up his intention to maybe harm it. Hubbard's research - from the comments I've seen - involved meter reads when the plant was physically mutilated, not the mere threat of it. Plus a lot of Backster's research involves remote communication among life forms - plants, bacteria etc. - and I don't recall Hubbard saying much if anything about such.

Paul

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is Ingo, still a scn? Do ya know? And was Pat one all the way up till he died? What about Hal? He still one?

I read the book,Penetration by Ingo S. and various articles and letters of his and the only time that I actually heard him mention Scientology was when Hal P. was trying to get him into SRI. He Wrote,to a friend, that he had misgivings about getting involved wiht HP because of the "Scientology thing." In the return letter the friend tells Ingo to be tolerant of HP religion... Now isn't that funny:whistling: It appears that eventually it was HP who got Ingo into Scientology.

I think that as GT mentioned,I don't think he is too proud of the Scio. connection. I doubt that he is connected.

As for Pat Price, there are rumors that he was assasinated back then.

Of Hal Puthoff... I have not heard anyhing about him except that he does RV seminars.Does anyone know if he is still alive?

TP

Wisened One

Crusader
ah, 'natural' psychics as opposed to 'unnatural' psychics? Some sort of deviant psychic community?

:coolwink:

:giggle: No, he meant vs 'psychic via doing the OT levels and gaining said powers' (which doesn't exist in the first place, since there are no OT levels that do such a thing, but ya know what I meant). :eyeroll:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
ah, 'natural' psychics as opposed to 'unnatural' psychics? Some sort of deviant psychic community?

These natural psychics are suffering from what is called "Unnaturalpsychicphobia.":wink2: :D

I think the term "natural psychic" was used by these remote viewers to differentiate these from those who were formally trained in RV techniques and then developed as a result, a "sort" of "learned" psychic ability.

TP

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
Back in the early 70's the Palo Alto mission was owned by Phil Spickler.
I was on public lines there. They used to have cocktail parties there on
occasion. I was introduced to Dr. Puthoff at one of those events.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Back in the early 70's the Palo Alto mission was owned by Phil Spickler.
I was on public lines there. They used to have cocktail parties there on
occasion. I was introduced to Dr. Puthoff at one of those events.

Hey, A.K. Myers.:thumbsup:

That's interesting. Do you remember what case level he was at the time? Did you get to talk to him any futher after the introduction?

TP

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
Thanks for asking!:thumbsup:

I am not sure to be honest. I believe he had just come back from
doing his OT3. It was all pretty low key there at the the time. Keep
in mind that this was a mission, so the highest levels offered there
were the grades.

I did not get a chance to speak with him other than a "hi howya doing".
Phil whisked him away to meet somebody else. Phil was pretty good at
keeping his paying celebs insulated from us riff-raff (training route poor).

Speaking of paying celebs,this was during the same period when Steve
Brodie the 49ers QB was on lines. Also the Feshbach brothers. Phils daughter
Mimi as already OT and was the senior C/S (at age 16 no less). I recall going
in for course one night and the entire staff was in the parking lot ogling the
new Trans-AM that Brodie had bought for Phil as a thank you gift.

The mission was an old mansion that they had totally redone. Very nice digs.
French windows all around the course room with the auditing done upstairs in
beautifully appointed rooms.

I recall my shock when I first went to the S.F Org. What a pit! Until then I
thought all of $cientology was first rate like the Palo Alto mission.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the infor AKM,

I also remember the missions around our area were a lot more "upstat" than our Org. I guess the futher away from source the better things were:coolwink: That's not the way it should have been damn it! I guess management fixed it GOOD though:duh:

TP

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
Didn't all three work for SRI International (Wikipedia)? Isn't that a DARPA funded program?

Wasn't the Church raided a few years after these guys had been on lines?

Wasn't there a 'different' style of of Management implemented soon after the raids that has been being evolved ever since? What about an entire new corporate structure that came out of nowhere?

Where did this new style of management and corporate structure come from? Definitely not from feeble minded amateurs.

I vote DARPA.

Maybe a certain someone is currently running a pilot for them. Once the pilot is completed, whether successful or not, he will probably be given (literally) the same "gold watch" his predecessor was. Or maybe that one came from the CIA or the IRS and now DARPA has to pay for a new one.

Wait . . . just in; The original gold watch was purchased by Naval Intelligence and they want it back. They never did get the one back they gave Jack Parson's. It was destroyed in the explosion.

Doesn't sound like a very good retirement plan. At the same time what can someone with an 8th grade education expect.

Whether in or out, we have all learned the hard way that anything on this planet that can be controlled is being controlled. We can argue and speculate by who but does that really matter? This type of 'control' is really not control and is in no one's and no thing's interest.

Bruce

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, just finished reading the link and how come Pat was allowed to be a scn and yet work for CIA, etc.?! :blink:

And wow, he worked for Lockheed Martin?! Cool!

Does anybody have a pic of Pat Price?

I saw a recent Youtube vid of Ingo Swann and he looks TERRIBLE! He's missing half his teeth or somethin' :unsure:

So, how high on the ot levels did Ingo and Hal get? (I saw in the link that Ingo was OT 4, and I agree that he was probably offed what with abilities like THAT! :omg:

Btw: This is getting into conspiracy territory, but I heard stories about how supposedly the OT levels at one time DID produce abilities like Swann's and
the gov't studied people (I guess Swann may've been one of 'em? :unsure:) and then they purposely screwed up the OT data or somethin' so as to control
the population from being too all-powerful and being able to steal secrets, etc... I'm sure there WAS no true OT info/powers in the first place, but if one were to
believe that.....:shrug:

I have seen several changes in the materials in recent years which, to my eyes, reduce their value.

I have also read that two members of the CoS board of directors are IRS tax lawyers which is a bigtime WTF?!?