What's new

Wed., January 10, 2018: A Christian Response to Scientology, at Calvary Church, Clearwater, Florida

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Wed., January 10, 2018: A Christian Response to Scientology, at Calvary Church, Clearwater, Florida

https://calvary.us/a-christian-response-to-scientology/

8tSWens.png

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

A Christian Response To Scientology

On Wednesday, January 10 at the Clearwater campus, Pastor Willy Rice will be teaching a special Pastor’s Forum from 6:30pm-8:00pm in the Worship Center. He will present information about the cult of Scientology; what they believe and practice, as well as, why this cult is such a danger to our city and people around the world.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
One thing he needs to keep in mind.... there are many cults in the world. They all follow, more or less, the same formula. He needs to teach how to look out for "cult like" organizations in general.

While I have never known of a former sciobot to get sucked into yet another cult after leaving I am sure it could happen. I have known several former sciobots that it was not their FIRST cult but it was their LAST cult.

Another thing is that getting sucked into/stuck in a "toxic" environment is just as devastating as being in a true cult. That also is a trap that some fall into over and over.

It will be interesting to see what kind of turn out he has & how the message is received. People in Clearwater, like in most places, assume there is no real harm in having them around. When I lived there sciobots were viewed as annoying odd people.... that could/would do no real harm. WRONG....

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
If someone walks into a Christian church and asks for help they will probably have several people offering to help them.

If someone walks into a Scientology "church" and asks for help they will get out the price list.

I think this Pastor should tell his congregation how much money it would take for someone to get salvation from a Scientology "church". That would show the difference between Scientology and real religions.

CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC

The video is up.

A Christian Response to Scientology

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

In a special Pastor's Forum on January 10, 2018, Pastor Willy shared a message of critical importance to our congregation and the community about the dangers of the Church of Scientology and what our response as Christians should be.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The video is up.

A Christian Response to Scientology

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

In a special Pastor's Forum on January 10, 2018, Pastor Willy shared a message of critical importance to our congregation and the community about the dangers of the Church of Scientology and what our response as Christians should be.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *
I watched this entire video and Pastor Willy covered LOTS of material in an hour and 13 minutes. I believe if every Christian on the planet were to view this it would successfully inoculate 99.99% of them. It shows clearly how Christianity and Scientology are not compatible. If one believes they are both a Christian and a Scientologist they either misunderstand Christianity or Scientology. Or Both. Or they're just dishonest.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
If someone walks into a Christian church and asks for help they will probably have several people offering to help them.
If someone walks into a Scientology "church" and asks for help they will get out the price list.
I think this Pastor should tell his congregation how much money it would take for someone to get salvation from a Scientology "church". That would show the difference between Scientology and real religions.

ThetanExterior, Jan 11, 2018

Not so sure about that one.
A church up the road when I was living in Brisbane, I think it was the Christian Outreach, after the congregation were settled locked all the doors.

They were then told the doors would not be unlocked until they raised at least $10k (or was it $20k) in pledges that sitting. I have heard also it wasn't the only occasion.

That would have been the last they saw of me.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The question "Is Scientology compatible with Christianity?" is absurd.

I am an ardent professing Christian from a family which has been Christian for centuries. I have broad deep layman's knowledge of history and have been paying attention to current events for six decades. It has been very well established for two thousand years that nothing, not even Christianity itself is compatible with Christianity.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The question "Is Scientology compatible with Christianity?" is absurd.

I am an ardent professing Christian from a family which has been Christian for centuries. I have broad deep layman's knowledge of history and have been paying attention to current events for six decades. It has been very well established for two thousand years that nothing, not even Christianity itself is compatible with Christianity.
That may be, but Pastor Willy's point in the talk wasn't just that Christianity and Scientology are incompatible. It's that they're complete opposites!

Saying that they're compatible is the same as claiming that chicken and beef are compatible with the diet of vegetarians.

Saying you're a Christian Scientologist is like a man claiming he's a vegetarian while in the middle of eating a huge turkey leg. He's either dishonest or believes that turkeys are a vegetable.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
That may be, but Pastor Willy's point in the talk wasn't just that Christianity and Scientology are incompatible. It's that they're complete opposites!

Saying that they're compatible is the same as claiming that chicken and beef are compatible with the diet of vegetarians.

Saying you're a Christian Scientologist is like a man claiming he's a vegetarian while in the middle of eating a huge turkey leg. He's either dishonest or believes that turkeys are a vegetable.
No, the scientologist is the vegetable, just sayin'.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Well Pitsy, I am a professing christian. If someone wants me to accuse me of being a scientologist I won't deny it but I do not now and never did lay claim to being a scientologist.

I am an Auditor and in the hands of a christian auditing and auditor training are eminently compatible with christanity

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Well Pitsy, I am a professing christian. If someone wants me to accuse me of being a scientologist I won't deny it but I do not now and never did lay claim to being a scientologist.

I am an Auditor and in the hands of a christian auditing and auditor training are eminently compatible with christanity
Actually you claimed to be a "Christian Scientologist".

You're actual words were:

"of course you can be a christian scientologist
i'm sure most of you think intelligent christian is an oxymoron but there are many of us"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...es-in-new-interview.21151/page-17#post-754201

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually you claimed to be a "Christian Scientologist".

You're actual words were:

"of course you can be a christian scientologist
i'm sure most of you think intelligent christian is an oxymoron but there are many of us"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...es-in-new-interview.21151/page-17#post-754201
well, not to sound pedantic, but this quote is in the second person.

And there have been moments when I have said "Yes. I am a Scientologist"

But Christ on a bicycle Pitsy...

YEAH!!!

I know CoS practices to be at times in effect criminal. Greg Wilhere my erstwhle brother-in-law blocked my path to my son when he was dying of leukemia.

With all the HUMONGOUS!!! piles of crimes committed by organized christianity I'm still a christian.

With all the HUMONGOUS historic crimes foreign and domestic of the USA I'm still a proud veteran of our armed forces (and still a parttime CIA asset)

And no matter how bad the statdrunk control freaks of CoS screw the pooch it just really isn't anything we haven't seen before