What's new

Scientology relies heavily on Russian immigrants — and ‘disconnection’ doesn’t spare them

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Scientology relies heavily on Russian immigrants — and ‘disconnection’ doesn’t spare them

[Katrina Reyes and her mother Yelena, in their Sea Org whites]

We first heard from Katrina Reyes some nine years ago, when Jason Beghe encouraged her to talk to us for a story at the Village Voice. For various reasons, Katrina wasn’t ready yet to tell her tale.

We’ve been waiting patiently ever since. And [...]

[Katrina Reyes and her[.......]

Continue reading...

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
From the article
“An hour later I’m getting a call from security guard Spencer at Flag. You better get your ass down to security booth at Fort Harrison right now, he said. I went down there, and Spencer is yelling at me, ‘You fucking bitch. Your petition was approved, but you’re not allowed to go anywhere near Sea Org members.’ He said I had enturbulated the people in the bank. I didn’t say anything to them! I didn’t know you went there to get cash, I told him.”
How and why was her mere presence enturbulating to SO members? Because she left the SO, and was happy and prospering. Can't have that. Can't be a living, walking advertisement for "life after leaving the Sea Org". Mustn't give ideas to SO members that they could improve their miserable existence by walking away.

The official narrative is that people only leave the SO because of their own overts and withholds. In HCO PL "Sea Org Resignation", LRH says that people who resign from the SO are "out ethics degraded beings" who are never to be hired by any lower org or mission. Can't have a flourishing and prospering ex-SO making people see this is a lie.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
The official narrative is that people only leave the SO because of their own overts and withholds. In HCO PL "Sea Org Resignation", LRH says that people who resign from the SO are "out ethics degraded beings" who are never to be hired by any lower org or mission. Can't have a flourishing and prospering ex-SO making people see this is a lie.

Interesting. I never knew that. I believe I was on staff at a mission with someone who had formerly been in the SO. At that time I did not know she had been in SO. She never mentioned it. (That makes sense, as it would have been "entheta" and enturbulating.) Apparently they worked it out somehow. She appears in this picture, taken years before I met her. It's definitely her, standing with her hand on the guy's shoulder, two people to Yvonne's right. She was already an OT III and Cl VI when this photo was taken.

PeopleSO.jpg

She can also be seen briefly at St. Hill in the film "Scientology: A Faith for Sale." Her name was Liza Thomas (married name Hedin). I believe she'd now be deceased. She rejoined SO around the time I got out of scn.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Interesting. I never knew that. I believe I was on staff at a mission with someone who had formerly been in the SO. At that time I did not know she had been in SO. She never mentioned it. (That makes sense, as it would have been "entheta" and enturbulating.) Apparently they worked it out somehow. She appears in this picture, taken years before I met her. It's definitely her, standing with her hand on the guy's shoulder, two people to Yvonne's right. She was already an OT III and Cl VI when this photo was taken.

PeopleSO.jpg

She can also be seen briefly at St. Hill in the film "Scientology: A Faith for Sale." Her name was Liza Thomas (married name Hedin). I believe she'd now be deceased. She rejoined SO around the time I got out of scn.
You are not supposed to be eligible for staff if you resigned from the SO. If they offload you, it doesn't count as a resignation. What they would often do is offload people who wanted to leave ("you can't quit, you're fired").

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
At my Class V org we had quite a few ex-SO people join staff. I don't know what their official status was with regards to the SO but it was known that they used to be SO and now they are org staff members. Off-hand I can think of three married couples and 3 or 4 individuals and this was a really small org.

Terril park

Sponsor

PeopleSO.jpg

Lrh told bill Franks and David Mayo that people blew because of upsets not OWs. That aligns with common sense.

guanoloco

As-Wased
That's right. If there're aren't any w/holds there aren't any ARCXs. Also, no PTS.

So be a good little thetan and divulge all your secrets to L. Ron...Mankind's Greatest Friend.

Terril park

Sponsor
And yet, LRH wrote a bulletin "ARC breaks and missed withholds" which says the ARCX is a restim of a missed withhold.
I'm inclined to accept that ARCX can be a restim of
a missed withold. But that dosn't make all ARCX a restim
of a missed withold. An injustice for example may cause
an ARCX.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm inclined to accept that ARCX can be a restim of
a missed withold. But that dosn't make all ARCX a restim
of a missed withold. An injustice for example may cause
an ARCX.
Many things in scn are like that. They are true some of the time. But LRH says they're true ALL the time, as though it was some great cosmic law that he's discovered. I've seen ARCX's result from MWH's, since leaving scn, but that doesn't mean ALL ARCX's are caused by MWH's. I didn't ARCX with scn because they'd missed my WH's, for example.

Other examples: 1) ALL blows are caused by Overts. Some may be, but not all. 2) All illness is caused by PTSness. There are some "toxic" individuals who can upset you so much you get sick, but that doesn't mean ALL illness comes from such people. Even scn sometimes has to go "whole track" to find the supposed SP.

Terril park

Sponsor
Many things in scn are like that. They are true some of the time. But LRH says they're true ALL the time, as though it was some great cosmic law that he's discovered. I've seen ARCX's result from MWH's, since leaving scn, but that doesn't mean ALL ARCX's are caused by MWH's. I didn't ARCX with scn because they'd missed my WH's, for example.

Other examples: 1) ALL blows are caused by Overts. Some may be, but not all. 2) All illness is caused by PTSness. There are some "toxic" individuals who can upset you so much you get sick, but that doesn't mean ALL illness comes from such people. Even scn sometimes has to go "whole track" to find the supposed SP.
I'd add that one does not have to be effect of SPs
or toxic individuals or however one wishes to categorize
such individuals.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious

In my experience illness stems from extremely confident black entities that wrap around you while you're sleeping and try to trick you into accepting them. Is that the price of belonging? Kinda fits with PTS-illness theory. And the longer you're in the Church the more lies you buy to belong, till eventually you become PTS to reality every time you accidentally brush up against it. Like when people who are devoting their lives to freeing Mankind prove to be selfish, conniving scumbags :)