What's new

How Many Staff Is Ideal?

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

How Many Staff Is Ideal?

Well, according to this promo piece, the answer is 200. And after being in business now for more than 50 years, Perth apparently has accumulated 40 staff (though I suspect the 10 pictured are “going to be” on staff and at least 15 of the 30 others are VERY part-time…) But even that is only […]

Continue reading...

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Even when Scientology was doing well, like in the 1970's, it was impossible to grow an org beyond minimal staffing. If there were lots of public, there would be pressure to open new missions in the area. If there were staff, SO would poach them.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
FCDC during my tenure must have been one of the top five orgs ever and staff size stayed around 150=180 while I was there

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
IIRC, when I left the Riverside Mission (1970s) the staff there was about 100.
But the majority of staff were working very long hours for poverty pay.

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
IIRC, when I left the Riverside Mission (1970s) the staff there was about 100.
But the majority of staff were working very long hours for poverty pay.
When I was in Riverside the second time (in 1977, I think) they had begun serving the staff three all-you-can-eat meals during the week and I believe 2 meals a day on the weekends. Bent's brother Rene, who was head of the Estates crew, was in charge of this. He bought from farmers in the area (I was told), so he got eggs, chickens, etc. in bulk at low prices. This was an excellent idea, as it handled a major living expense and made surviving on the low salaries more doable. The food was quite decent. (If you were in a lower condition you were allowed to eat, but not sit with the other staff.)

I was getting paid $55/wk at that time, which was the most I ever got paid in scn. I paid $45/month in rent for an apartment shared with one other staffer. With meals mostly taken care of, I was actually surviving okay. This was my best period. The rest of my time on staff was much worse. :eek:

I would estimate the number of Riverside staff at that time as 150.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
and where are they all now?

Playing tennis or chasing butterflies?

LOL

Various places...

Several still in

Several have been on esmb

Jee-yay-ziss!!!

Several people I dearly love are ****

Some have done fair well like craig an barbara waters...

And many...

Who knows.