What's new

Lisa Marie Presley's Elvis inheritance down to $14,000

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
As best I can tell, they did not predict nor provide for the future because of their unshakeable faith that they would acquire miraculous capabilities, beginning with the easiest ones to attain called "knowingness" and "postulates". If you have either one of those super-powers, you can so very easily make brilliant investments and postulate making tens of millions of dollars any time you feel like it.

I must repeat something; even AFTER being bankrupted and losing a massive fortune, one of those celebrated OTs still posts LRH quotes about "total cause" and other delusional miracle-making-abilities that Scientologists "routinely" acquire.

Apparently, NOTHING can kill an OT's floating needle! Not even bankruptcy, utter financial ruin or death. Hey, let's not forget that Scientologists gave Hubbard an extended standing ovation with jubilant cheers---when he went completely insane and unexpectedly dropped dead.

STABLE DATUM DU JOUR: Scientologists are always winning! Unless they are NCG (no-case-gain), in which case Scientologists are STILL always winning---because NCGs get declared SP---and therefore they're no longer Scientologists.

So true. Long, long ago I was married to one of them there oateeeeees who responded in exactly the way you say after losing every penny he had inherited and (at the time) it was a lot. If he had wisened up after losing all I think I could have handled it but he didn't and I couldn't ... so as soon as I could I wandered off with my babies and made my own money and lived happily ever after (sort of, he did manage to separate disconnect the children from me once they were raised and doing well so I suppose there is that).

I'm currently looking for a lovely dogs home to leave my money to when I drop dead (not planning on doing that anytime soon though).

:D

You've gotta see the funny side of these things ... or life would be a bit rubbish.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I don't get it, not what you wrote or said or anybody else. Here's what I mean.

When I look at Lisa website, she still has the CCHR link on her website.

I believe the secret why LMP is still promoting a destructive cult front group is contained in these lyrics. . .

Your candle cashflow burned out long before
Your legend cult indoctrination ever did.

guanoloco

As-Wased
It seems to me you lived your life like a Ronbot on the Freewinds.

Never knowing who to cling to until the lies set in.

I would've liked to have flown your ruds but your meter was out of trim.

Your cashflow burned out long before

Your cult indoctrination ever did

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I would've laughed at that and I did a little to be honest.

But it's too true to be funny..... and quite sad too.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I just read her Mom is worth $50 million, so I can't really see her letting Lisa go down the drain without some intervention.

I guess it would come down to just how much water has passed under that bridge.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
And, what about those amazing OT accountants/investment advisors WISEMAN & BURKE who "handled" her finances for all those decades while the cult was "handling" her case. <snip>
:wow:

HH, so well written, so harrowing, so heartbreaking of a posting. You're outdoing yourself.

I know when the first GAT came out, the powers that be asked me to pay for OT7 all over again. I realized then
the applied tech was BS and the people at the top of Scien were crooks. Hard pill to swallow at the time.

I sent in my materials and quit. I wrote the Flag CS a 2 1/2 page letter saying as much (politely as not to get
expelled) and told him I didn't want to end up old and broke. My time was up and I needed to bail. Worked my
butt off for the next fifteen years and was able to fully retire early.

Though at the time I was shunned by many OT friends -- shunned for quitting OT7 and shunned again for
retiring, LOL, as that is so DB -- I'm so grateful every day that I bolted then and there and dodged the painful
bullets you vividly described in your post. It's a heartbreaking thing to see or hear about stories like that.

I know many people myself who are like those you described. Older, lost all, destitute now more or less, not
planned for the inevitable, and not enough time to live life over again. Breaks my heart.:heartbreak:

HelluvaHoax!

I hate to say it... being "poor" all my life. BUT.... living a "real poor" life might help her walk away from "THEM".

If she is "poor" - a different poor from my "poor" - she might be free of them.

If she can keep straight - she might be free of them.

If she can walk away from THEM - she might be free of them.

If she can focus on her children - she might be free of them.

If she can wake up and realize that today she is free - she might be free of them.

If she can just keep from turning back based on faithless promises & a fear of not being with them - then she will be free of them.

BUT if she is truly "poor" then they will be free of her.
Okay, I will now state the obvious, although it is so politically incorrect, some may feel it is outrageous. Well....so be it.

Probably the best "therapy" LMP could have ever received is if she had lost so much money that she was literally forced to take a modest job to feed her kids and herself. Like being a waitress, having to depend on tips to even put gas in rusted, 1987 Toyota with 284,000 miles on it.

She would have learned an invaluable lesson.

How to be nice to people. Instead of ignoring those around her or glaring at them--or imperiously demanding that her entourage suffer the indignities of dealing with the little people.

Humility. Being nice to people. Doing something for someone else that earns you some money to buy food.

She never had that experience in life.

I don't dislike her, I don't wish harm to her--she probably had a pretty screwed up life with her megafamous father dying like that and getting into drugs and then into a pernicious cult.

But, she's human. So it would be good for her to learn how to act like a human with other people.

Can anyone even imagine what it would take to burn through hundreds of millions of dollars and STILL not have enough?

I am a big fan of humility, appreciation and politeness. I was taught that at a very early age and I think that was one of the greatest gifts my parents ever gave me. Nobody took the time to teach LMP those most basic skills that a kid of 8 should have mastered.

I truly hope she figures it all out, but somewhere in those mega-celebrity, mega-money circles she has spent her life in, someone ought to teach her how to do simple things like being nice or working in a job where she has to do something that is valuable to SOMEONE ELSE besides herself.

Elvis' hedonism destroyed him and took away his genius, his gift and his life. Let's hope that LMP stops walking the same hedonistic path towards destruction.

Hey, LMP, why not use your time and influence to create something good in the world? Anything. A soup kitchen for homeless. A music studio for poor young talented singers/musicians. Something, for someone else besides yourself.

Well, I just hope she bumps into common sense one of these days and figures out a way to live where she can occasionally smile.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I know when the first GAT came out, the powers that be asked me to pay for OT7 all over again. I realized then the applied tech was BS and the people at the top of Scien were crooks. Hard pill to swallow at the time.

I sent in my materials and quit. I wrote the Flag CS a 2 1/2 page letter saying as much (politely as not to get expelled) and told him I didn't want to end up old and broke. My time was up and I needed to bail. Worked my butt off for the next fifteen years and was able to fully retire early.

Though at the time I was shunned by many OT friends -- shunned for quitting OT7 and shunned again for retiring, LOL, as that is so DB -- I'm so grateful every day that I bolted then and there and dodged the painful bullets you vividly described in your post. It's a heartbreaking thing to see or hear about stories like that.

I know many people myself who are like those you described. Older, lost all, destitute now more or less, not planned for the inevitable, and not enough time to live life over again. Breaks my heart.:heartbreak:
you dun real good, Miss Lisbeth, to get outta dat cult like you dun. we wuz all proud o' y'all and such--otherwise we wudn't have gots to know and luv y'all like we dun did.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay, I will now state the obvious, although it is so politically incorrect, some may feel it is outrageous. Well....so be it.

Probably the best "therapy" LMP could have ever received is if she had lost so much money that she was literally forced to take a modest job to feed her kids and herself. Like being a waitress, having to depend on tips to even put gas in rusted, 1987 Toyota with 284,000 miles on it.

She would have learned an invaluable lesson.

How to be nice to people. Instead of ignoring those around her or glaring at them--or imperially demanding that her entourage suffer the indignities of dealing with the little people.

Humility. Being nice to people. Doing something for someone else that earns you some money to buy food.

She never had that experience in life.

I don't dislike her, I don't wish harm to her--she probably had a pretty screwed up life with her megafamous father dying like that and getting into drugs and then into a pernicious cult.

But, she's human. So it would be good for her to learn how to act like a human with other people.

Can anyone even imagine what it would take to burn through hundreds of millions of dollars and STILL not have enough?

I am a big fan of humility, appreciation and politeness. I was taught that at a very early age and I think that was one of the greatest gifts my parents ever gave me. Nobody took the time to teach LMP those most basic skills that a kid of 8 should have mastered.

I truly hope she figures it all out, but somewhere in those mega-celebrity, mega-money circles she has spent her life in, someone ought to teach her how to do simple things like being nice or working in a job where she has to do something that is valuable to SOMEONE ELSE besides herself.

Elvis' hedonism destroyed him and took away his genius, his gift and his life. Let's hope that LMP stops walking the same hedonistic path towards destruction.

Hey, LMP, why not use your time and influence to create something good in the world? Anything. A soup kitchen for homeless. A music studio for poor young talented singers/musicians. Something, for someone else besides yourself.

Well, I just hope she bumps into common sense one of these days and figures out a way to live where she can occasionally smile.
A few years ago when she was in England she did try selling fish and chips from a mobile van but the owner said she was hopeless:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ecret-past-selling-fish-chips-mobile-van.html

The_Fixer

Class Clown
A few years ago when she was in England she did try selling fish and chips from a mobile van but the owner said she was hopeless:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ecret-past-selling-fish-chips-mobile-van.html
Yeah, I know. I got another story. So groan....

My Nan married a guy (yeah, my Pop) who was brought up a Methodist and became a devout Seventh Day Adventist. My mum learned to hate him. He taught her well. Not a hate, hate, but a frustrated sort of thing.

He observed the Sabbath strictly. Friday sundown and Saturday was in the house reading the bible and other religious stuff. Mum grew to hate it.

The problem was, Nan and Pop owned a Fish & Chip shop in Runanga, a small town in the West Coast mining community of the South Island in New Zealand in the 1940s after the war. The shop was closed during the Sabbath as per Pop's edicts.

One day Nan arced up and fronted Pop. Told him she was going to open the shop on the Sabbath and if she took more money then than over the entire week, the shop will always be open on the Sabbath. He will not have a say in it.

She won the bet. I always remembered the fire in her eyes when she told me this story, how she put him right.

Mum left the town the day she turned 18 to be a nurse, one of the few jobs available in the day where you could live in away from home. Didn't want to be a nurse, just wanted to get away from home.

After mum's 2 brothers left home, Nan left Pop and his silly little religion. She only stayed until the kids were right and left home. They never divorced, just separated. She hated him.

Nan always went somewhere else when Pop visited us. She wouldn't even lay an eye on him. I don't think she ever really found true happiness, her history wasn't very good.

Sorry folks. That Lisa and the chippy story reminded me of it.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I just read her Mom is worth $50 million, so I can't really see her letting Lisa go down the drain without some intervention.

I guess it would come down to just how much water has passed under that bridge.
It does put Prisilla in a good bargaining position with respect to not getting disconnected from her grandkids: "You disconnect from me, you also disconnect from my financial support!"

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

That was interesting!

Looks like she tried to find a way to be part of normal human life. A mega-wealthy trust fund superstar's baby from Tennessee, trying to "blend in" in rural England on a $9M estate. Well, she tried. Then her flirtatiously fickle experiment failed and she moved back to the USA. Kind of like when Madonna tried to become an English sophisticate, trendily adopting a funky British accent to prove her new elite status.

Hollywood entertainers and their families are infamous for trendy fascinations that fade quickly as the next cool thing emerges. Wonder if Madonna is still wearing her red-string Kabbalah bracelet to safeguard her from bad luck and the evil eye?

HelluvaHoax!

I just noticed another article about LMP's financial woes, containing these nasty bits. . .

LISA MARIE PRESLEY Sues Ex-Manager
HE BLEW $24 MIL OF MY ELVIS DOUGH!!!

Here are some wacky parts and gratuitous commentary:

2/22/2018 1:25 PM PST
Lisa Marie Presley Sues Ex-Manager for Blowing Her Fortune (UPDATE)
BREAKING NEWS​
LOL, you abdicate all responsibility for your own money, hand it to someone else to make the decisions---then if any investment doesn't pay off, you blame them for it. Hey, LMP, moar clay on the word "investment".
2:46 PM -- Lisa's ex-manager in a separate lawsuit says Lisa "refused to listen to the warnings of her most trusted advisers and her family. Unfortunately, she now has only herself to blame for her financial and personal misfortunes."
This is not unlikely. It's hard to imagine a top money managers not covering their ass with at least having the client sign docs that have DISCLAIMERS and DISCLOSURES about the risk factors. If she hired a money manager that didn't even know enough to do that, well, then she blew it by not finding a money manager that at least had the minimal bells and whistles of legitimacy. How many f*cking lawyers does LMP have, that they wouldn't have vetted or commented on her choice of money managers.

And if the money manager did make such risk disclosures (having client sign a waiver), then what is there to complain about?
Lisa Marie Presley is offering an explanation for why she's in debt -- she says an ex-manager sunk $100 million into a failed investment, and now she's suing him.​
That's no different than suing your money manager if the stock market goes down. Or suing your real estate broker if you bought a house that later was sold for less than you paid for it.

Lisa Marie says Barry Siegel ran the Trust Elvis Presley left for his daughter -- and in 2005 he sold off 85% of her interest in Elvis Presley Enterprises for $100 mil.​
Wait! WAIT!!!! A mere dozen years ago she liquidated a portion of her portfolio and realized $100M in cash? And she lost it? And it's somebody else's fault? LOL

In the lawsuit docs, obtained by TMZ, she says Siegel took all of that cash and invested in a company called Core Entertainment. Core is the parent company of "American Idol." You could kinda understand his move -- 2005 was the heyday for 'Idol.'​

Holy Hell! All of that cash ($100M) was invested in one of the most unpredictably speculative mega-high-risk investments in the history of mankind---entertainment? How insane is that? I would love to see what docs the investment advisor had her sign to shield himself from liability. If he didn't, he's as reckless and crazy as she is with money.

That wasn't "investing", that was gambling. Maybe a tiny percentage of the net proceeds from the sale of Graceland equity could have been placed in speculative high-risk, leveraged instruments like an entertainment venture. But $100M? If the managers failed to have her sign off on the risk factors (with full disclosures, per regulatory requirements) he will lose his ass in the litigation. It is hard to imagine that he didn't have her sign a zillion documents to safeguard against being sued in the event of a negative outcome. And it is unimaginable that she was not represented by counsel during all those transactions. You mean we are supposed to believe that she just handed some guy $100M without having an attorney even review the contracts? LOL. Ludicrous, that never happened. If she signed off on the risks/disclosures AND was represented by counsel, how does she prevail in court?

On the other hand, if the money manager did not dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s with risk disclosures, he is as blindly self-destructive as she is.
Unfortunately, Core went belly-up in 2016 and, according to the docs, Lisa Marie's stock plummeted and she lost $24.5 million.​
How utterly shocking?! Who could have ever even suspected that an entertainment venture could not succeed? LOL

REALITY CHECK: LMP could have asked 10,000 people randomly what would be a good way to manage her $100M cash windfall. 99.9% of them (even semi-literate high-school kids) would have told her to invest in in "something safe" so she "doesn't lose it".

Probably 98% of those NON-PROFESSIONALS surveyed would have suggested putting the money "in the bank" (e.g. certificates of deposit, savings account, collateralized instruments) or "in real estate" so she could collect the rental income and maybe even see appreciation in the value of the properties.

Sorry, but WHO THE F*CK puts $100M into an entertainment venture that screams "SUCKER!!!??" Why would she even be looking to gamble the $100M? For what? To hopefully double it into $200M? LOL. What difference would that make? Any sane person would know that $100M is enough money for any human being to do ANYTHING they want to do if they just put it into a safe, low-yield instrument. Why would any sane person feel the compulsion to gamble it for a much bigger number? Crazzzzzzzzzzzzy.

In the suit, she also blames Siegel for not warning her she was spending beyond her means. For example, she says the Trust already had 2 mortgages that were under water ... when she bought a $9 million English estate. She says Siegel never sounded a single alarm.​
Again, it will come down to the disclosures and notices that the money manager DID or DID NOT make, by producing executed documents that he either DOES or DOES NOT have.

But, just for kicks, consider the theory that someone ELSE is at fault for not telling you that you are spending too much money? LOL. LMP never learned to use a calculator? She doesn't know how to pick up the phone and hire a dozen independent financial advisors within 5 minutes to tell her if her what her assets are? To inform her how much she has to spend each month and whether she is spending more than that? Five minutes on the phone and she tells any lawyer in the world to hire some accountants and have the law firm do a little checking on her behalf.

This is like renting out your mansion, handing the keys to a rap group, and later being surprised they trashed the place with parties, drugs and shootings, so the entire house was taped off as a crime scene.

Siegel's told us Lisa Marie's spending habits are the real problem, and claims she was $20 mil in the hole back in 2003 ... until he stepped in to right the ship. He claims his attempts to curb her spending fell on deaf ears.
That sounds like what probably happened. Otherwise, why did he liquidate that portion of her holdings in Graceland for $100M?

It'll be a very interesting litigation, very likely turning on the single point of what she DID OR DID NOT SIGN OFF on his financial management contracts and whether she was represented by counsel in those document executions.

If a person is fully and legally informed and they make bad decisions, a court might not reward them. Unless it's a California court, that is. LOL.

She's suing Siegel for more than $100 million.

Just for fun, imagine that Scientology was not shielded as a "religion". LMP would be suing their ass for $100M too. And she'd win that one easily on fraudulent representations alone.

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Is all she'd have had to do is look at where the majority of pension funds are invested for sustained growth and happy shareholders - the big mutual funds & her hundred million would have about doubled in 7 years or so, depending of course on the the fund - just a rough estimate and as they say past performance doesn't guarantee future returns. The reason is because there are no other investment vehicles that have the same track records over time if you look at their graphs. You need to have sustained growth over the long haul to keep the pensioners happy and there is no other place to find that, especially with large sums. Though there's always real estate if you buy right and don't mind the taxes & maintenance.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
LOL, you abdicate all responsibility for your own money, hand it to someone else to make the decisions---then if any investment doesn't pay off, you blame them for it. Hey, LMP, moar clay on the word "investment".
It's certainly true that you've got to be careful who you listen to when it comes to making decisions about your money. Look at what happened to Hitler: (note, this video was created back in 2010 or earlier)

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I just noticed another article about LMP's financial woes, containing these nasty bits. . .

LISA MARIE PRESLEY Sues Ex-Manager
HE BLEW $24 MIL OF MY ELVIS DOUGH!!!

Here are some wacky parts and gratuitous commentary:

This is not unlikely. It's hard to imagine a top money managers not covering their ass with at least having the client sign docs that have DISCLAIMERS and DISCLOSURES about the risk factors. If she hired a money manager that didn't even know enough to do that, well, then she blew it by not finding a money manager that at least had the minimal bells and whistles of legitimacy. How many f*cking lawyers does LMP have, that they wouldn't have vetted or commented on her choice of money managers.

And if the money manager did make such risk disclosures (having client sign a waiver), then what is there to complain about?

That's no different than suing your money manager if the stock market goes down. Or suing your real estate broker if you bought a house that later was sold for less than you paid for it.

Wait! WAIT!!!! A mere dozen years ago she liquidated a portion of her portfolio and realized $100M in cash? And she lost it? And it's somebody else's fault? LOL

Holy Hell! All of that cash ($100M) was invested in one of the most unpredictably speculative mega-high-risk investments in the history of mankind---entertainment? How insane is that? I would love to see what docs the investment advisor had her sign to shield himself from liability. If he didn't, he's as reckless and crazy as she is with money.

That wasn't "investing", that was gambling. Maybe a tiny percentage of the net proceeds from the sale of Graceland equity could have been placed in speculative high-risk, leveraged instruments like an entertainment venture. But $100M? If the managers failed to have her sign off on the risk factors (with full disclosures, per regulatory requirements) he will lose his ass in the litigation. It is hard to imagine that he didn't have her sign a zillion documents to safeguard against being sued in the event of a negative outcome. And it is unimaginable that she was not represented by counsel during all those transactions. You mean we are supposed to believe that she just handed some guy $100M without having an attorney even review the contracts? LOL. Ludicrous, that never happened. If she signed off on the risks/disclosures AND was represented by counsel, how does she prevail in court?

On the other hand, if the money manager did not dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s with risk disclosures, he is as blindly self-destructive as she is.

How utterly shocking?! Who could have ever even suspected that an entertainment venture could not succeed? LOL

REALITY CHECK: LMP could have asked 10,000 people randomly what would be a good way to manage her $100M cash windfall. 99.9% of them (even semi-literate high-school kids) would have told her to invest in in "something safe" so she "doesn't lose it".

Probably 98% of those NON-PROFESSIONALS surveyed would have suggested putting the money "in the bank" (e.g. certificates of deposit, savings account, collateralized instruments) or "in real estate" so she could collect the rental income and maybe even see appreciation in the value of the properties.

Sorry, but WHO THE F*CK puts $100M into an entertainment venture that screams "SUCKER!!!??" Why would she even be looking to gamble the $100M? For what? To hopefully double it into $200M? LOL. What difference would that make? Any sane person would know that $100M is enough money for any human being to do ANYTHING they want to do if they just put it into a safe, low-yield instrument. Why would any sane person feel the compulsion to gamble it for a much bigger number? Crazzzzzzzzzzzzy.

Again, it will come down to the disclosures and notices that the money manager DID or DID NOT make, by producing executed documents that he either DOES or DOES NOT have.

But, just for kicks, consider the theory that someone ELSE is at fault for not telling you that you are spending too much money? LOL. LMP never learned to use a calculator? She doesn't know how to pick up the phone and hire a dozen independent financial advisors within 5 minutes to tell her if her what her assets are? To inform her how much she has to spend each month and whether she is spending more than that? Five minutes on the phone and she tells any lawyer in the world to hire some accountants and have the law firm do a little checking on her behalf.

This is like renting out your mansion, handing the keys to a rap group, and later being surprised they trashed the place with parties, drugs and shootings, so the entire house was taped off as a crime scene.

That sounds like what probably happened. Otherwise, why did he liquidate that portion of her holdings in Graceland for $100M?

It'll be a very interesting litigation, very likely turning on the single point of what she DID OR DID NOT SIGN OFF on his financial management contracts and whether she was represented by counsel in those document executions.

If a person is fully and legally informed and they make bad decisions, a court might not reward them. Unless it's a California court, that is. LOL.

Just for fun, imagine that Scientology was not shielded as a "religion". LMP would be suing their ass for $100M too. And she'd win that one easily on fraudulent representations alone.
Got to agree with you there HH.
If you've got money, you hire the smart guys to make it work for you.
But for sure you'd better learn some stuff and keep a bit of an eye on what's happening as well. The first thing to learn is trends and basic investing knowledge. So as to see if anything untoward is happening and if you need to intervene before the :shithitfan:. That is on you. It's your money, you need to keep some tabs on it. No good blaming everyone else after it's all gone. Too late then. The biggest risk is your own ignorance.