What's new

What did LRH mean by this?

ChrisO

Patron
In his "Manual of Justice", Hubbard wrote:

Did you ever realize that any local viciousness against Scientology organizations is started by somebody for a purpose? Well, it is. Look at what we do. Look how dedicated staff is. How hard they work. And yet somebody feels we're evil? No, rumours aren't "natural". When you run them down you find a Commie or a millionaire who wants us dead and his own clinic up or a group member who is also a member of the R.C.
Does anyone know what Hubbard meant by the "R.C."? From the context it's clearly referring to something that a putatively disloyal Scientologist might belong to.

ChrisO

Patron
Brilliant! That's been bothering me for years. Many thanks. Why was LRH so concerned with it – did he see it as a big threat at the time?

He was very proprietary. He hated others making money off his "research" and technology. He rants about "squirrels" many times in his writings.
Mimsey

ChrisO

Patron
Yep, but it wasn't the only squirrel group by any means. There were quite a few around. I'm wondering why he chose to make such a big deal of that group in particular, as opposed to any of the others. I get the feeling there's some sort of a history there.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Why was LRH so concerned with it – did he see it as a big threat at the time?
Hubbard was always livid about people who stole his work and rebranded
it as their own. One of his main upsets throughout his life. Yes, always a
threat to his income and the longevity of his organizations, especially so
in the 50's before his work gained its later critical mass of the 70's.

Read this for a brief thumbnail:

There were lots of them - I remember hearing a radio interview on WBAI in nyc in the sixties about Dianology where they were discussing how the improved ARC Straightwire commands - from "recall a time you were in communication with someone" to "recall a time you were talking to someone", and they also changed the affinity command from "recall a time you felt affinity for someone" to "recall a time you felt love for someone" (or maybe it was like instead of love)
It was a bone in his craw.

Mimsey

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I get the feeling there's some sort of a history there.
That was probably his "upset" the day he wrote that article.
Different day, different upset. :shrug:

He had "histories" with many people and groups over the years.
Not much to it than that. Read the Wikipedia link I posted for the
history.

Other than that, google is your friend.

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

Veda

Sponsor
index2.jpg

"...if you discover that some group calling itself 'precept processing' had set up and established a series of meetings in your area, you should do all you can to make things interesting for them. In view of the fact that HASI holds the copyrights for all such material the least that could be done in such an area is the placement of a suit against them for using materials of Scientology without authority. Only a member of the HASI or a member of one of the churches affiliated with the HASI has the authority to use this information. The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional demise. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."
From 'Manual on Dissemination of Material', March 1955​

__________​

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes. At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did [He wrote an unauthorized book about Dianetics.] and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos."
From L. Ron Hubbard's 'HCO Manual of Justice', 1959​

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
I'm not sure I buy that. Was Hubbard particularly hostile towards Catholicism? Had the Catholics ever done anything that he would have perceived as hostile?

They had more money than $cn.

It could have been the Rosicrucians.

459px-Rose_Cross_Lamen.svg.png

But it was probably what ILove2Lurk posted above.

What was the date of the reference?

Last edited:

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Brilliant! That's been bothering me for years. Many thanks. Why was LRH so concerned with it – did he see it as a big threat at the time?
I think LRH was so against someone taking his work, changing it a bit and calling it their own is simply because that was his game!

Study tech, correction lists, dianetics, hell, all of it (or nearly so.) he ripped off of others.

Jack

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
from HCO Exec Ltr 27.9.65 –page 4 –

(2) Harass these persons in any possible way.

Way to go Cult of Scientology! straight psychopathic rhetoric; so much for a world without war which is stated in the aims of scientology.

I wonder which laws in which countries in the world would condone this single practice. Does the UN have any idea as to what scientology front groups are set up for?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I think LRH was so against someone taking his work, changing it a bit and calling it their own is simply because that was his game!

Study tech, correction lists, dianetics, hell, all of it (or nearly so.) he ripped off of others.

Jack
These groups back in the early days were always fighting about who had inherited the 'real' tradition, and who was stealing technology from whom. ;)

Oh that is easy - he meant:
Make money, make more money and then give me all your money !

https://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/42

In 1973 I met staff members Ken Barrett and Ralph Swanson, who published the Golden Dawn. It seems like it was a pretty honest organization back in 1954, before the greed.

http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/popup-windows/scn_hasi_contract.html

Golden Dawn flyer at time of Phoenix charter below this book image: Scientology hadn't yet adopted the cross symbol from the western esoteric tradition. towardone.1toward7c_small.gif
Original publication 1909. Look Inside at Amazon:cool:..... Charts of the dynamics/kingdoms. Minerals, animal, man, spirit.....as well as another tale of 'the history of man'___https://www.amazon.com/Rosicrucian-...8-1&keywords=the+rosicrucian+cosmo+conception

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Cross

golden-dawn-issue-1-0a-p-1.jpg

http://www.carolineletkeman.org/c/archives/233

Attachments

• 800px-Emblème_Rose_Croix_Max_Heindel.jpg
    800px-Emblème_Rose_Croix_Max_Heindel.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
The last issue of the Aberree was published in 1964. Had it continued into 1965, and beyond, it would have encountered Scientology in its next phase of development and implementation.

Some background:

"This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years," from 1952's 'What to Audit', found Hubbard wildly telling others the contents of their minds, but it was premature "mind grope," just as the early 1950s e-meter reactions projected on the wall with shadows, while the audience went "ooh!" and "ahh!", was premature "Your e-meter will tell you"-ism,

v01no02p14i03.png

and the 1951 "no rights of any kind" was premature SP Doctrine, and the 1951 "dispose of quietly and without sorrow" was premature Fair Game Law and premature disconnection - disconnection in its most extreme form.

(Hubbard provided some further hints of what was to come in his 1955 Manual on Dissemination of Material, and also in his 1959 HCO Manual on Justice with the latter being Confidential.)

It was too early for the implementation of these ideas on the still small, fragile and tentative membership.

In the mean time, Hubbard surrounded himself with those excited about his much advertised vision of a better world, and excited about the full releasing of spiritual ability.

Hubbard liked to write and he liked to lecture, and he had a knack as a practical psychologist. He drew on the ideas and innovations of the most creative of those around him, and drew on his own knowledge of abreaction (catharsis, "get it [buried thoughts and emotions] off your chest") therapy, Korzybski's General Semantics with its "earlier similars" etc,, and Aleister Crowley's Magic(k). He re-worked the (four 'letters' - ingredients - of the) Kabbalistic 'tetragrammaton', and it became his 'Four Conditions of Existence'. Hubbard rewrote Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement' and it became his 'The Factors'. He borrowed Crowley's idea of a multiplicity of infinite minds and further excited Scientologists with that notion. None of these were original with Crowley, who was as much a relay point as was Hubbard. Yet, unlike Crowley, Hubbard would eventually incorporate the methods of psychological warfare into his system, and use those methods, not only on his perceived enemies, but on his own followers.

And when he finally - in the 1960s - unleashed, fully, yet covertly, the psychological warfare methods of his secretly authored 1955 hoax "Russian Textbook" on Scientologists, he also returned to fully utilizing those ideas he had briefly tested more than a decade earlier. He gave them a past, he gave them a future, he told them the contents of their own minds, and made it plain that only HE knew and others were going to be told.

emetertravolta.jpg

Hubbard had written confidentially of the importance of "using enemy tactics," and would use those "enemy tactics" on his own loyal and unsuspecting followers.

He had written of psychiatrists in August 1963:

"Psychiatry is authoritarian and tells the person what's wrong with him, often introducing a new lie. Scientology finds out what's wrong with the person from the person."

Soon to follow would be the secret and very serious, and very dangerous, and vital to your survival "Clearing Course," "OT 2" and "OT 3," in which Hubbard would do what he said the psychiatrists did.

Hubbard had done this in 1952, but now it was formalized and institutionalized, and a senior part of the doctrine of Scientology doctrine.

From Hubbard, 1966:

"Many persons experience unreality at the start of[implant] GPM running [told to you by Hubbard through the materials]; this leaves when you see the meter reads."

L. Ron Hubbard, from 1946, from his (private) ''Affirmations':

"Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write... Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

Last edited: