What's new

Miscavage's Long Game

My wife was excitingly telling me about a couple programs she saw on the STV channel 320 this morning to kill some time. One was a drug education program some 2 hrs long, there was another 2 hrs about the way to happiness and the third was (as far as I can tell) about the fundamentals of thought book which had the ARC triangle, tone scale, if it's true for you , it's true.

In the wife's view -she liked the drug program and it did have a few mentions of Narconon, but it was a soft sell. She liked what they said, but it scared her nonetheless. It did go into drug flash backs, but didn't go into the quack theory of it being stored in fat tissues. There was also, during the FOT segment, some free online courses to do.

There was all this content based on Hubbard's skewed ideas.

It is bad enough that we have to parse out all the fake news and alternative facts that are the new norm, and to deal with youtube dealing out conspiracy theories and shaky theories that capture our imagination, put out by anybody with access to the internet.

In this next paragraph - I am not taking any political sides, and am only quoting the relevant point to my OP. It is not intended to be a political comment of any sorts.

In a revealing Bill Maher interview with Billy Bush as the featured guest speaker in the second half of the show, he, Billy, discussed his relationship with POTUS when he was a reality star which lasted several years, he had done like 4 Miss America shows with him - and Trump was saying on air how his show was #1. Billy had had enough and said no - it isn't. Trump continued to assert his ratings. Off camera he said "Billy, look, look, you just tell them and they believe" The passage starts at 4:37 in the below video.

This is the whole thrust of Hubbardism - they will believe it if it is in print, and by extension: if it is in a lecture, a tech film and now, in our current age, if you can watch it in a convincing video. It doesn't have to be factual as long as it appeals to the common sense of your intended audience.

So, this much is obvious - Miscavages's long game:

1) get the self published basic books cleaned up and looking "upstat"
2) get plenty of similar "upstat" looking orgs in place
3) get the Scientology Media in production of slick videos
4) get a network to carry his content.

Miscavage has completely ditched Hubbard's concept of orgs in inexpensive neighborhoods, and the homespun sci fi religion aspect, for his - Tom Cruise's "I can't bring my high roller friends and associates into a bunch of rundown orgs." - come to Jesus realization. His whole dressing in spiffy tailored suits, Cartier watches, upstat orgs and glossy books fit the TC meme.

It is a spectacular gamble - to ignore the negative press ( Tr 3 any one? ) and build up a delivery base then use in house media to push raw public towards the doors.

Will it work?

Mimsey

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Interesting. . .

-- First two paragraphs are about how your wife had big wins on Dr. Hubbard's tech, while watching 4 hours of CCC-TV (Cult Cable Coolaid Television).
--Then your big breaking news story that world-renowned scholar Billy Bush feels Trump is bad.
-- Finally, you conclude by expressing confusion whether David Miscavige's tech works.

That was quite an achievement, courageously attempting to use one (1) post to promote three (3) unrelated sources of preposterous propaganda.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Off camera he said "Billy, look,look, you just tell them and they believe
Some element or variation of this is at the core of all politicians,
going back in time forever. Trump, sure.** Everybody else too. Also,
all religions, news media, academics, and especially Scientology.

Clinton and Bush did this some. Obama was almost 100% this. It was
utterly incredible to watch Obama for eight years. And some people never
caught on.

He who has the courage and confidence to take the podium and speak
authoritatively into the microphone has influence in the molding of "reality"
for people. Most people nowadays are pretty malleable.

I factor this in with everybody I hear speak anymore about politics or
religion or current events. Truth is an arduous journey.
"They'll believe anything won't they? It's pretty obvious. They'll all believe what we
tell them to believe. We learned that a long time ago. It's the most workable thing
about Scientology after all."
Marty Rathbun
From the Cutting Room Floor *

* Excerpt from a parody post
** I happen to like Trump's vision and beliefs and dream for America
despite any of his real or imagined flaws, present or past.

Last edited:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
So, what has become obvious now - is Miscavages's long game:

1) get the basic books cleaned up and looking "upstat"
2) get plenty of similar "upstat" looking orgs in place
3) get the Scientology Media in production of slick videos
4) get a network to carry his content.

Miscavage has completely ditched Hubbard's concept of orgs in inexpensive neighborhoods, and the homespun sci fi religion aspect, for his - Tom Cruise's "I can't bring my high roller friends and associates into a bunch of rundown orgs." - come to Jesus realization. His whole dressing in spiffy tailored suits, Cartier watches, upstat orgs and glossy books fit the TC meme.

It is a spectacular gamble - to ignore the negative press ( Tr 3 any one? ) and build up a delivery base then use in house media to push raw public towards the doors.

Will it work?

Mimsey
Interesting. It very well could be some kind of weird plan by Miscavige. However, I sincerely doubt it. After many years observing Miscavige and hearing stories, it is obvious that Davy just isn't smart. He is his own worst enemy. In a very real way, Miscavige is the primary reason Scientology has collapsed. He fails badly at the things he should be doing and then "succeeds" at the exact things he should not be doing.

Miscavige is very good at abuse. He is excellent at sabotaging projects. He is perceptive in picking the most productive people to remove and destroy. I don't think he is capable of doing good things.

Interesting. . .

-- First two paragraphs are about how your wife had big wins on Dr. Hubbard's tech, while watching 4 hours of CCC-TV (Cult Cable Coolaid Television).
--Then your big breaking news story that world-renowned scholar Billy Bush feels Trump is bad.
-- Finally, you conclude by expressing confusion whether David Miscavige's tech works.

That was quite an achievement, courageously attempting to use one (1) post to promote three (3) unrelated sources of preposterous propaganda.
Did you completely miss the points I made?

A) While she liked the presentation, she abhorred the content.

B) I said this was NOT a political comment

C) I said no such thing about his tech - I said it was a spectacular gamble.

Conclusion based on your commentary - you also believe what you post trumps reality.

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

"They'll believe anything won't they? It's pretty obvious. They'll all believe what we tell them to believe. We learned that a long time ago. It's the most workable thing about Scientology after all."
Marty Rathbun
From the Cutting Room Floor *

* Excerpt from a parody post
"Reality is agreement."
Dr. Hubbard
From the Cultic Room Flow[sup] *[/sup]
* Excerpt from a parody religion

Interesting. It very well could be some kind of weird plan by Miscavige. However, I sincerely doubt it. After many years observing Miscavige and hearing stories, it is obvious that Davy just isn't smart. He is his own worst enemy. In a very real way, Miscavige is the primary reason Scientology has collapsed. He fails badly at the things he should be doing and then "succeeds" at the exact things he should not be doing.

Miscavige is very good at abuse. He is excellent at sabotaging projects. He is perceptive in picking the most productive people to remove and destroy. I don't think he is capable of doing good things.
I dunno - he has heralded this for years at events - I never thought he'd carry through with it. I agree, a sane person would have dealt with the toxic elements, disconnection, refunds, on and on in a different fashion, so this program could work. That is a sticking point. I really believe though, this wasn't his idea but he is running with it.

Mimsey

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Did you completely miss the points I made?

Conclusion based on your commentary - you also believe what you post trumps reality.

Mimsey
No, I didn't miss anything, despite your rhetorical dodges.

No, you didn't say that at all. You are so busted dude, lol. What you actually said was that your wife watched 4 hours of cult coolaid and:
My wife was excitingly telling me about a couple programs she saw on the STV channel 320 this morning to kill some time. One was a drug education program some 2 hrs long, there was another 2 hrs about the way to happiness and the third was (as far as I can tell) about the fundamentals of thought book which had the ARC triangle, tone scale, if it's true for you , it's true.
In the wife's view -she liked the drug program and it did have a few mentions of Narconon, but it was a soft sell. She liked what they said...

And then:
Posting the moron Billy Bush's accusations that Trump is a liar is not political? LOL

Maybe you need to write more clearly. You concluded your piece about Miscavige's grand strategy with a question you seemed confused about. . .

"Will it work?"

You mean that feigned uncertainty was supposed to be a rhetorical device to open up a robust debate whether Scientology works? LOL

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I dunno - he has heralded this for years at events - I never thought he'd carry through with it. I agree, a sane person would have dealt with the toxic elements, disconnection, refunds, on and on in a different fashion, so this program could work. That is a sticking point. I really belueve though, this wasn't his idea but he is running with it.

Mimsey
I don't think you understand how this goes. Miscavige must come up with something new, amazing, wonderful regularly. This is how he keeps the money rolling in. Golden Age of whatever, revised Basics, re-revised Basics, re-re-revised Basics, new "Ideal Orgs", LRH lectures -- on and on. He becomes frantic when the "next thing" isn't getting done. The reason it isn't getting done is because Miscavige sabotages it. Something that a non-Scientologist could do in a week takes Scientology years and years. Eventually some get done -- but get the point: Getting done isn't a sign of success -- because with Miscagive "leading", it takes 100 times longer and is a shoddy product that will have to be abandoned.

HelluvaHoax!

I dunno - he has heralded this for years at events - I never thought he'd carry through with it. I agree, a sane person would have dealt with the toxic elements, disconnection, refunds, on and on in a different fashion, so this program could work.

That is a sticking point. I really belueve though, this wasn't his idea but he is running with it.

Mimsey

Please say you are joking.

It's a "sticking point"? LOL. "So this program could work"? LOL

TRANSLATION: If a sociopathic predator like Miscavige or Hubbard canceled all of Scientology's diabolically damaging policies and then stopped criminally ripping off the public by selling them billions of dollars of miraculous states/powers that never existed.......then the fraudulent tv program selling lies could work.

Excuse me, I have to go charge my meter so I can take myself in session and run a "IS THIS SHIT FOR REAL OR IS THIS JUST UNFATHOMABLY STUPID TROLLING?" correction list. LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I don't think you understand how this goes. Miscavige must come up with something new, amazing, wonderful regularly. This is how he keeps the money rolling in. Golden Age of whatever, revised Basics, re-revised Basics, re-re-revised Basics, new "Ideal Orgs", LRH lectures -- on and on. He becomes frantic when the "next thing" isn't getting done. The reason it isn't getting done is because Miscavige sabotages it. Something that a non-Scientologist could do in a week takes Scientology years and years. Eventually some get done -- but get the point: Getting done isn't a sign of success -- because with Miscagive "leading", it takes 100 times longer and is a shoddy product that will have to be abandoned.

Excellent point on: "...getting done isn't a sign of success".

Miscavige once personally C/Sed a pc to the point where she went Clear and was done on that level. Lisa McPherson's life was also done.

But you flagrantly disrespected the POTUS nonetheless . . . .

Use this instead, which cleverly conveys essentially the same point:

View attachment 14184

:whistling:
No - this was a reference he said prior to his being elected. HE said it. If anyone disrespected him, it was himself. If I print something he said - and you think I have disrespected him, then perhaps he shouldn't have said it in the first place. Look - I do not want to get into politics, it is not germane to the point I am making. His statement is exemplar of the situation of the STV network's outflow - being awash in information that is passed of as real when it isn't.

Mimsey

phenomanon

Canyon
Please say you are joking.

It's a "sticking point"? LOL. "So this program could work"? LOL

TRANSLATION: If a sociopathic predator like Miscavige or Hubbard canceled all of Scientology's diabolically damaging policies and then stopped criminally ripping off the public by selling them billions of dollars of miraculous states/powers that never existed.......then the fraudulent tv program selling lies could work.

Excuse me, I have to go charge my meter so I can take myself in session and run a "IS THIS SHIT FOR REAL OR IS THIS JUST UNFATHOMABLY STUPID TROLLING?" correction list. LOL

It is a good PR move. The overall plan could work to draw new Public in.

HelluvaHoax!

No - this was a reference he said prior to his being elected. HE said it. If anyone disrespected him, it was himself. If I print something he said - and you think I have disrespected him, then perhaps he shouldn't have said it in the first place. Look - I do not want to get into politics, it is not germane to the point I am making. His statement is exemplar of the situation of the STV network's outflow - being awash in information that is passed of as real when it isn't.

Mimsey
Wow, that explains it!

The fact that you have expressed your animus, contempt and hatred for Trump countless times-----and then, out of the hundreds of billions of potential "exemplars" you could choose to illustrate your point, you just happen to pick the one that trashes Trump.

What an unbelievable coincidence! Life is so funny, sometimes things just happen by themselves with no possible explanation! LOL

Last edited:
HH:

"She liked what they said, but it scared her nonetheless." It was a slick presentation of Hubbard's ideas and it scared her. How else do you think an ex would respond - what if DM's grand experiment works and he drives in more marks?

Yes it is a sticking point - had a savvy marketer planned on the same idea, he would have wanted to cease and desist those practices and calmed the waters while putting the delivery orgs in place so his release of the STV station would have a positive impact. Perhaps by amnesties or refunds or whatever. But DM did no such thing because of the vast number of abuses the church has and continues to make daily. He steadfastly refuses to correct the very anchor that will bring him down.

As to this being trolling - please look in the mirror.

I said this wasn't about politics but you keep bringing it up - any reason you couldn't just accept that?

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

It is a good PR move. The overall plan could work to draw new Public in.
Sure, it's a good PR move for the short term.

The problem Scientology has had since 1950 is that the more people they "draw in", the more enemies they make for Scientology.

The math is consistent. Approximately 98% of Scientologists blow.

Then, many of those bitter apostates tell their family and friends that its a cruel scam.

Thus, while a small handful of Scientologists proudly believes that their religion is going viral, what is actually going viral is the percentile of the human race that rejects & ridicules Scientology.

It's reverse dissemination. The more people that do Scientology, they more whistleblowers there are who negatively inform influence 5-10 wogs about the cult.

Ergo, the more people that join Scientology, the faster it contracts.

Hitler understood this marketing principal, which is why he had barbed wire and Nazi's with machine guns preventing Jews from escaping the concentration camps. It would have been bad PR that could have stopped Nazis from flourishing & prospering.

HelluvaHoax!

HH:

"She liked what they said, but it scared her nonetheless." It was a slick presentation of Hubbard's ideas and it scared her. How else do you think an ex would respond - what if DM's grand experiment works and he drives in more marks?

Yes it is a sticking point - had a savvy marketer planned on the same idea, he would have wanted to cease and desist those practices and calmed the waters while putting the delivery orgs in place so his release of the STV station would have a positive impact. Perhaps by amnesties or refunds or whatever. But DM did no such thing because of the vast number of abuses the church has and continues to make daily. He steadfastly refuses to correct the very anchor that will bring him down.

As to this being trolling - please look in the mirror.

I said this wasn't about politics but you keep bringing it up - any reason you couldn't just accept that?

Mimsey
One of the best abilities I "gained" from Scientology was to be able to call bullshit. On others and more importantly on myself.

Mimsey, when you are caught blatantly bullshitting, rather than continuing to defend the same creepy crap---you ought to try to just cringe for a moment and fix it. That's all it takes.

Half the time I think you must be trolling with the stuff you post--and then turn right around and deny you ever said.

Are you aware that people can read what you posted a few minutes earlier? LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Absurd.

What "positive impact"?

Scientology's abusive policies are an effect, not a cause.

The abuse is a SOLUTION to the fact that Scientology is a fraudulent, pernicious, avaricious hoax. The abuse is a primitive solution, attempting to prevent people learning the truth about the cult.

Take away the abuse and what do you have?

A fraudulent, pernicious, avaricious hoax.

So, where is the "positive impact" that you blithely refer to?

My god, are you really this confused?

Last edited: