What's new

Why I'm interested in being on here.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Whatever sublime realization or transformation one believes himself to have experienced is analogous to the very first “high” that a drug user experiences,(also a peak experience) and thereafter chases in hope of replicating it.
What Scientology processes do, is produce a euphoric state.
Now, I'm curious about one thing and have given it a lot of thought over the years.
Personally, I don't have a "wants handled list," if you will, or the need to "fix" any mental
or emotional conditions I have. Every day is just fine. I'm pretty lucky that way.

However, I do have a few relatives and acquaintances who are troubled and might like
to get some help with a few of their issues someday. How about those college kids in the
videos on the SJW thread . . . they're gonna have pretty long "wants handled lists" one day.

I also have nieces and nephews and if they get married and then divorced and feel chronically
glum for years after that, what should they do?

Since we have such knowledgeable people on this thread -- and perhaps me not so much --
I'm throwing out a couple questions:
  • Is there any talk therapy or technique that really fixes people (short of psychotropic drugs
    as is currently in vogue)?
  • Do you think that humanity has any hope of ever developing a talk therapy or technique
    that really fixes people (short of psychotropic drugs as is currently in vogue)?
I just wonder if the eons-old questions about and solutions for the human mind will ever be
discovered and evolved into a workable science with guaranteed and permanent outcomes.
Or will people just need to get used to living as "god made them."

Seeing LRH meet his most unexpected ending, senility and a dementia of sorts, we can be
pretty convinced he didn't "crack the code" of human existence and the mind.

I certainly wonder if anyone will crack the code ever and give respite from mental issues to
the majority of people in this world who suffer from something or another.

What do you think? I'm curious.
  • Solved already
  • Will be solved someday
  • Will never be solved (deal with it!)

PS: Years ago, I asked a guy who was Socrates in a past life and he never answered me back
definitively. :shrug:

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
My name is Bill and I've never been a Scientologist,but am fascinated by it for several reasons.For one I'm a fan of some other sifi authors who wrote during the same period hubbard,like Authur Clarke and Isaac Asimov.For another I was upset when Scientology took over my mom's hometown of Clearwater Florida and tore down the church my parents were married in(Calvary Baptist).Now out of nowhere Direct tv suddenly has a Scientology channel which puts on videos depicting Scientology as benevolent and helpful.How much of what that channel says is real Scientology and how much a sugar coated misdirection?

I bet if you looked you'd find that Arthur C Clarke and Isaac Asimov didn't have favorable things to say about L. Ron Hubbard.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The problem, and it’s not unique to Terril, to put it bluntly, is that the mental illness that Scientology invariably induces (in the form of deeply delusional thinking) simply isn’t a “win” to be celebrated. Terril fails to grasp this obvious point.

Scientology, like many cults, is capable of producing a “peak experience” which sticks people to it. It certainly did with me.
Whatever sublime realization or transformation one believes himself to have experienced is analogous to the very first “high” that a drug user experiences,(also a peak experience) and thereafter chases in hope of replicating it. For many of us the dissociative condition that Scientology calls “exteriorization” was central to the peak experience that first stuck us to the subject.

Hubbard was a madman, and Scientology is the profoundly evil and destructive trap he built. Neither should be celebrated.
The human wreckage and suffering that Hubbard left in his wake, beginning prior to 1950 and continuing even after his death up to today is tragic, one’s ‘peak experience’ notwithstanding.
Much the same was said about fire and the first caveman to control it.

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
I've had a similar observation. What Scientology processes do, is produce a euphoric state. The subject will, over time, want to keep attaining that euphoric state. There are some similarities between a Scn and a junky.
I do believe now that that "euphoric state" is a disassociation from feelings" and some people never snap out of it.

It creates monsters who cannot "feel" empathy or sympathy for others.

I have some of this - I admit and am working on it.

For the past few months...I am helping an OT VII get out all the way ... and they now realize the whole thing was a scam...Hubbard was a con... Scientology is a cult...

But - he/she is a tough nut to crack...they will still let me know how trained they were...like that matters.

The person was "highly trained"

Then - they got invalidated and nullified by the Church back when GAT came out and his/her certs pulled

He / She was told to "re-do" the training...which put them in a sad effect...a pissed effect ... a self-righteous "I am more trained than anyone in our Org and I want everyone to know it" effect.

They are coming out of the bubble think slowly but they still use the lingo and still have that aire of arrogance.

They still are struggling with:

1. They are insouciantly certain their "training" matters and is of value
2. They have huge egos that are so self righteous...it makes me almost want to NOT help them and let them stay in the bubble think...

But I care about them so I patiently wait for them to deprogram and decompress...

They will never be the same but at least they "won't get any worse"

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Now, I'm curious about one thing and have given it a lot of thought over the years.
Personally, I don't have a "wants handled list," if you will, or the need to "fix" any mental
or emotional conditions I have. Every day is just fine. I'm pretty lucky that way.

However, I do have a few relatives and acquaintances who are troubled and might like
to get some help with a few of their issues someday. How about those college kids in the
videos on the SJW thread . . . they're gonna have pretty long "wants handled lists" one day.

I also have nieces and nephews and if they get married and then divorced and feel chronically

Since we have such knowledgeable people on this thread -- and perhaps me not so much --
  • Is there any talk therapy or technique that really fixes people (short of psychotropic drugs
  • Do you think that humanity has any hope of ever developing a talk therapy or technique
    that really fixes people (short of psychotropic drugs as is currently in vogue)?
I just wonder if the eons-old questions about and solutions for the human mind will ever be
discovered and evolved into a workable science with guaranteed and permanent outcomes.

Seeing LRH meet his most unexpected ending, senility and a dementia of sorts, we can be

I certainly wonder if anyone will crack the code ever and give respite from mental issues to

• Solved already
  • Will be solved someday

PS: Years ago, I asked a guy who was Socrates in a past life and he never answered me back

Of course I realise there are people with genuine deep seated mental problems who need gentle care and assistance (perhaps via talk or drug therapy) but many people are just experiencing stress (we live in a horribly stressful world) have not been brought up to handle life by their parents or have been subjected to drugs and alcohol (often while still in the womb!) which has altered the structure of their brains.

Until we get a grip (good luck with that now) as a society and regain common sense I think this mental health issue will continue to grow.

We are being slowly forced to be so politically correct that people seem scared to say what they really think and instead mouth the latest BS that we are being programmed to spit out or say nothing and that has created weird people who don't talk to each other normally and often feel incredibly unwell mentally (I know I'm generalising horribly).

Most people don't need a sodding 'talk therapy' ... they just need to talk to someone who truly cares when the need arises (and perhaps on occasion be told to get a grip, grow up, shut up or whatever before it's too late ... that's how a lot of issues got sorted when I was a kid and it worked, they were often forgotten about by morning).

We now live in a world full of PC idiots ... I doubt I'll be here to see things go full circle but can only hope that that does happen and some sanity is brought back into our societies one day. I can only imagine how the SJW's will handle that (because even they must have noticed that screeching and mass placard wavings don't seem to achieve much).

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

• Solved already
  • Will be solved someday

I think the answer lies in a "mix" of factors that all have to be brought into harmony with the others that bring a person's life into favorable "balance".

A musical genius I am very close to was having severe struggles with moods, depression and anxiety. This is a wildly brilliant and capable individual who excels are masterly levels in more than one thing in their life.

They got enormous relief from firing up weed (the right chemical balanced weed for them) for daytime and another strain to be able to get sleep at night. They were hobbled and troubled greatly trying to live life and not succumb to the depressing feelings/thoughts.

I am not taking credit for this, but I did help on more than one critical door that opened for them to eventually turn this disastrous mental darkness around.

One of their many master skills in music is playing, but another is sound engineering. I had a series of talks with them where I advised them to think of their life like a piece of music and their job is to "mix" it. Think audio mixing. This concept eventually was shorted by me (when talking to them about it) as "FYM".

"Fix Your Mix!"

They absolutely loved it.

They needed to create a life "mix" that would embrace and include all the things they loved and were great at that made them feel good. I won't go into the details of how intense this genius is when they take up even a hobby like bowling or pool--because they become a PRO at it within a year and end up (somehow) finding world class mentors (even champions) who want to teach them. This person is very young, I won't say more.

In any case, in order to "FIX THEIR MIX" it required a lot of things in the right proportion, none of which was talk therapy, by the way.

Over the next six months they evolved an entirely new life style and "mix" for themselves. Kicked the daily weed necessity and substituted some very taxing and strenuous sports and other disciplines.

I won't go into any more detail.. This is a very happy person now who optimistically deals with life and needs NOTHING to operate or to fall asleep. This was not a mild case of depression, it was very very very serious, and 95% of it is gone with their beautiful "mix"

I think that it's very possible (after seeing this near miraculous turnaround) that most people are not even aware that their life has a "mix" and THEY can do something about the "levels" of how it needs to be blended to suit them personally.

I could talk about this example for hours, but I just spoke to this individual for a long time and got updated on how happy they are with this new life.

I don't have any slightest faith that talk therapy would have helped them--or even made a dent in their level of unbalanced depression and (obviously) wrong fuel mixture they were using in their lives. The weed was only one small part of it, but I am talking about finding the right activities IN COMBINATION & PROPORTION that can make that particular person happy.

From this perspective, many emotional "issues" are possible to be addressed as "engineering" issues that just need to be properly managed at the box "mixing board" of life.

Well, I saw this with my own eyes and I don't know any better way to express it than FYM---and they did.

Sure beats being thrown down a chain locker where one remains imprisoned until one discovers their "enemy" and "attacks them" and "delivers an effective blow".

I don't have the time to explore this and write a self-help book about it, but I honestly think Fix Your Mix is a common sense tool that uses ALL of life activities (nutrition, sports, exercise, work, homelife, advancing on career goals, etc.)

That's my take on this question, thanks for patience with my mini rant.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

• Solved already
  • Will be solved someday

I don't think there's one technique that fixes all problems but there are many therapies that people seem to find useful.

There are a lot of "tapping" therapies around but the only one I have experience with is EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) which is free to learn unless you want to become a qualified practitioner: https://www.emofree.com/

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
I have come to the conclusion that life happens...human beings are flawed....people do the strangest things...I have no great expectations...

As far as religion goes....if it is not in a petri dish - I don't believe...and I Don't Need to Fricken Religion to be happy and do well....

also - stay away from groups - they are dangerous for your well being....

Now - thanks to EXSMB and HH

I have obtained another big realization / Win "Fix the Mix" ....that is a great little moto and very helpful HH

Thank you.

Terril park

Sponsor
Scientology Koan:

What Is The Origination Of
1 PC CLAPPING?

(for their own blind spot)

Sesshu+landscape.jpg

free bonus zen brush painting
provided for spiritual gravitas.

Thanks for the painting. Its by Sesshu Toyo one of Japan's greatest painters. Havn't looked at it in a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesshū_Tōyō

phenomanon

Canyon
I do believe now that that "euphoric state" is a disassociation from feelings" and some people never snap out of it.

It creates monsters who cannot "feel" empathy or sympathy for others.

I have some of this - I admit and am working on it.

For the past few months...I am helping an OT VII get out all the way ... and they now realize the whole thing was a scam...Hubbard was a con... Scientology is a cult...

But - he/she is a tough nut to crack...they will still let me know how trained they were...like that matters.

The person was "highly trained"

Then - they got invalidated and nullified by the Church back when GAT came out and his/her certs pulled

He / She was told to "re-do" the training...which put them in a sad effect...a pissed effect ... a self-righteous "I am more trained than anyone in our Org and I want everyone to know it" effect.

They are coming out of the bubble think slowly but they still use the lingo and still have that aire of arrogance.

They still are struggling with:

1. They are insouciantly certain their "training" matters and is of value
2. They have huge egos that are so self righteous...it makes me almost want to NOT help them and let them stay in the bubble think...

But I care about them so I patiently wait for them to deprogram and decompress...

They will never be the same but at least they "won't get any worse"
I totally relate to the person you are talking about.
I believe , without reservation, that training matters as long as you are "doing" or "being" a scn'ist.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious

• Solved already
  • Will be solved someday

There will never be such a thing as a Clear so life is never easy all the way through to the end. For me, getting by is a matter of using various tools I've picked up along the way. A lot from Scn: as-is'ing, taking a walk/extroverting attention, being willing to experience anything, viewing the flip side, visualization, differentiating between the actual situation and my reaction to it -- probably a lot too second-nature to recall. Gary Douglas' Access Consciousness has more tools than you can shake a stick at. There's dream journaling. Shamanic journeying. A healthy diet and lifestyle. And faith and optimism ("magical thinking" for all the materialists on the forum) are necessary for most people to stay happy. Don't forget the Serenity Prayer. And the way out really is through :)

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
IANAP (I am not a psychologist) but from what I know there are by now several talk therapies that help people get rid of problems and that are based on decent scientific evidence.

CBT and EMDR come to mind
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing

Other than that, I just found this book in some second hand store. It claims that it has a workable solution for all man's ills, and is called Dianetics, the Modern Science of Mental Health. It's by a guy L. Ron Hubbard....

Seems legit! You might want to try it!

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the answer lies in a "mix" of factors that all have to be brought into harmony with the others that bring a person's life into favorable "balance".

A musical genius I am very close to was having severe struggles with moods, depression and anxiety. This is a wildly brilliant and capable individual who excels are masterly levels in more than one thing in their life.

They got enormous relief from firing up weed (the right chemical balanced weed for them) for daytime and another strain to be able to get sleep at night. They were hobbled and troubled greatly trying to live life and not succumb to the depressing feelings/thoughts.

I am not taking credit for this, but I did help on more than one critical door that opened for them to eventually turn this disastrous mental darkness around.

One of their many master skills in music is playing, but another is sound engineering. I had a series of talks with them where I advised them to think of their life like a piece of music and their job is to "mix" it. Think audio mixing. This concept eventually was shorted by me (when talking to them about it) as "FYM".

"Fix Your Mix!"

They absolutely loved it.

They needed to create a life "mix" that would embrace and include all the things they loved and were great at that made them feel good. I won't go into the details of how intense this genius is when they take up even a hobby like bowling or pool--because they become a PRO at it within a year and end up (somehow) finding world class mentors (even champions) who want to teach them. This person is very young, I won't say more.

In any case, in order to "FIX THEIR MIX" it required a lot of things in the right proportion, none of which was talk therapy, by the way.

Over the next six months they evolved an entirely new life style and "mix" for themselves. Kicked the daily weed necessity and substituted some very taxing and strenuous sports and other disciplines.

I won't go into any more detail.. This is a very happy person now who optimistically deals with life and needs NOTHING to operate or to fall asleep. This was not a mild case of depression, it was very very very serious, and 95% of it is gone with their beautiful "mix"

I think that it's very possible (after seeing this near miraculous turnaround) that most people are not even aware that their life has a "mix" and THEY can do something about the "levels" of how it needs to be blended to suit them personally.

I could talk about this example for hours, but I just spoke to this individual for a long time and got updated on how happy they are with this new life.

I don't have any slightest faith that talk therapy would have helped them--or even made a dent in their level of unbalanced depression and (obviously) wrong fuel mixture they were using in their lives. The weed was only one small part of it, but I am talking about finding the right activities IN COMBINATION & PROPORTION that can make that particular person happy.

From this perspective, many emotional "issues" are possible to be addressed as "engineering" issues that just need to be properly managed at the box "mixing board" of life.

Well, I saw this with my own eyes and I don't know any better way to express it than FYM---and they did.

Sure beats being thrown down a chain locker where one remains imprisoned until one discovers their "enemy" and "attacks them" and "delivers an effective blow".

I don't have the time to explore this and write a self-help book about it, but I honestly think Fix Your Mix is a common sense tool that uses ALL of life activities (nutrition, sports, exercise, work, homelife, advancing on career goals, etc.)

That's my take on this question, thanks for patience with my mini rant.
Why that's wonderful HH but aren't you afraid a post like this might provoke the Chaplain's General Church of American Science pro tempore to commend you for excellent and effective practical application of Standard Tech?

pteronotropis1

scientology will always, always, always put a positive spin on everything about scientology. They have not ever been wrong and they cannot ever be wrong. Just ask them, (but don't ever give them any money or your address and phone number).
Don't worry they don't have my address phone or email.I did once take their online personality test but supplied them with a fake name and address.I could see by my results that nobody ever passes the test with high marks.They always want to consult you to bring up your low scores.No thanks to that.