Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: FCDC circa 1970

I can't believe I'm the only one left.

4329631-2372207452-highl.jpg

xwc

Patron with Honors

Good to see you're still posting, TAJ. Still around, but pretty much just occasionally checking some threads ... always interested in 70's FCDC, but it's been 40 years this fall since I blew.

Friend

Patron
Re: FCDC circa 1970 - 1987 + More names to the list

CR an auditor

I recognize some of the names. I was in until 1987. I wonder who is out!

More names to the list:
What about the name Larry Gorley, Basic Course Supervisor, and Chip Yokelson, Div 6. He worked with Cheryl DeSimone. Cheryl DeSimone's brother was Diamond DeSimone. I can't see his name either. The name Hancock rings a bell. What about Vernon Beals and his wife. Steve Kerner, the cab driver. Rex Negra (ex). Gloria Krupper, student from the Academy. Bob Ross, handyman. CR, auditor, Joe Kerner, staff; Phylis Dale (public);
What was the name of the staff in printing in the basement, who was in the red and dumped on Connecticut Avenue, and never to be seen. He was bullied by other staff. He became psychotic? Who was the guy who sang opera in the basement, and who had a very young daughter? There was a Greg with Chip Yokelson, a black sweet guy in Div. 6 too. He seemed to be very nice. There are more, but I can't put names of them. Also, Steve Desimond, who was working on big ships who later went to Apollo. I should have some pictures of some of the members.

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think maybe this thread has gotten to bulky.

So I'm going to start an new FDCD thread.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Did you start one? If so link to it here please & thank you.

Surprised I didn't make that very long list of names :) So many on it I knew, but certainly not all of them are out.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious

I recognize some of the names. I was in until 1987. I wonder who is out!

More names to the list:
What about the name Larry Gorley, Basic Course Supervisor, and Chip Yokelson, Div 6. He worked with Cheryl DeSimone. Cheryl DeSimone's brother was Diamond DeSimone. I can't see his name either. The name Hancock rings a bell. What about Vernon Beals and his wife. Steve Kerner, the cab driver. Rex Negra (ex). Gloria Krupper, student from the Academy. Bob Ross, handyman. CR, auditor, Joe Kerner, staff; Phylis Dale (public);
What was the name of the staff in printing in the basement, who was in the red and dumped on Connecticut Avenue, and never to be seen. He was bullied by other staff. He became psychotic? Who was the guy who sang opera in the basement, and who had a very young daughter? There was a Greg with Chip Yokelson, a black sweet guy in Div. 6 too. He seemed to be very nice. There are more, but I can't put names of them. Also, Steve Desimond, who was working on big ships who later went to Apollo. I should have some pictures of some of the members.

I posted Chip Yochelson's obituary recently in the remembrance thread. I heard that Suzanne Beals had died as well. Worked with Gloria at the DC Mission where she was keeping the books, before it closed down. She may have blown Scn entirely.

M

Moderator 3375

Did you start one? If so link to it here please & thank you.

Surprised I didn't make that very long list of names :) So many on it I knew, but certainly not all of them are out.

The thread has now been split and this is Part 2.
Mod 3375

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

I posted Chip Yochelson's obituary recently in the remembrance thread. I heard that Suzanne Beals had died as well. Worked with Gloria at the DC Mission where she was keeping the books, before it closed down. She may have blown Scn entirely.

Suzanne got declared back in 82/83. Maybe she did A-E later, IDK. RIP to them both.

I wish I could get my son out. He's wasting the most productive years of his life working for a lie.

I'd have bumped Nozzies thread but it's closed.

Still a great read, definitely archival.

I also met Uncle Sam's wife, a very lovely woman. I read on the original thread she was fighting brain cancer.

Does anyone have any recent news?

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
First time here in years I suppose. FCDC was my prison so all you guys know me. I was Tech Serv, asked to do impossible things all the time. Guess TAJ, Commander, Mystic, Nozeno, and all others are gone now. I have been gone, but I still remember you well. I have Mystic's email address, maybe I will try to contact him. And yes, I still wonder about Lorraine and even mourn Joan Tourtellot. Such a waste.

Gib

Crusader
First time here in years I suppose. FCDC was my prison so all you guys know me. I was Tech Serv, asked to do impossible things all the time. Guess TAJ, Commander, Mystic, Nozeno, and all others are gone now. I have been gone, but I still remember you well. I have Mystic's email address, maybe I will try to contact him. And yes, I still wonder about Lorraine and even mourn Joan Tourtellot. Such a waste.

well, it's been 2 years.

TAJ stopped posting, Commander and Mystic got themselves banned. Don't know about Nozeno or others. They could be posting on Tony O blog under new nics, don't know.

Much has happened since such as the Leah Remini deflection from Scientology and her TV series, don't you know?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

TAJ came back for a little while back in January.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Well thanks to all who remembered FCDC. Don't know if this will even post since it perhaps is closed. Uncle Sam's wife I did not know about, sad to hear. Yes the early 70s were quite something in my life. Still it is obvious to me that escaping the prison of 1812 19th Street was the defining moment of my life. Technically, it was 2125 S street, but I think we all had our hearts at the old org building. It was historic after all.

I recently ran across mention of Greg Wilhere, who happened to be my very first auditor. Seems he is a total jackass in the
criminal enterprise, and that is such a waste also because he was a talented guy. Ha, I did a search and he was a quarterback
for Villanova! Played one season (probably went directly to oblivion after that).

I did contact Mystic, but it was not much of an exchange. Just hi via email, no real conversation.

What a life I have had since. I was in the Marine Band and played for five presidents. Just recently I resigned from the
Richmond Philharmonic, after playing there for several years. Funny but my name is still on the roster...maybe I should
demand they take it down. Ha. Not played cello much in the last few months, in fact I have not touched the instrument.

There are only two members left in the Marine Band from my time, and one will retire next year. But I have kept in touch
with a couple of oldies, seeing a violinist regularly whom I have known forever, and of course my old stand partner.
Maybe some day I will start up again. One does not really lose ability in playing by laying off, but it certainly takes a
couple of months of intense work to get it back.

Hey. My love to you all, who remember me.

Winnie

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
FCDC!

FCDC!

RAH! RAH! RAH!

We had one hell of staff back then!

Academy and HGC were always full of students and paid PC's.

Kathie and I managed a pleasant modern two room apartment just on staff pay.

Those times showed what it can be and what it can be ain't too shabby

How are you doing Lynn?

Still running a shop in LA?