What's new

Strange Angel will focus on the rocket scientist who invoked something extrate

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
Brinkwire

CBS All-Access series Strange Angel will focus on the rocket scientist who invoked something extraterrestrial.

Jack Reynor will take the lead in CBS All-Access’ upcoming drama Strange Angel. The young actor will play Jack Parsons who, along with Aleister Crowley and the Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, created the space exploration leader Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

snippet:
“The light system of the house failed at about 9 p.m.,” Parsons wrote. “Another magician [Hubbard] who had been staying at the house and studying with me, was carrying a candle across the kitchen when he was struck strongly on the right shoulder, and the candle knocked out of his hand. He called me, and we observed a brownish yellow light about seven feet high in the kitchen. I brandished a magical sword and it disappeared. His right arm was paralyzed for the rest of the night.”

more at link

http://en.brinkwire.com/276067/strange-angel-release-date-for-jack-reynor-cbs-all-access-show/

guanoloco

As-Wased
Yeah this is gonna be awesome. Scientology likes to promote Hubbard initiating the U.S. space race and rocketry by promoting him as assembling leading scientists and being all scientific when really Hubbard had abandoned his wife and kids who had to move into his parents' house while he masturbates and gets high on drugs trying to invoke a satanic anti-Christ in a free sex cult.

What a maroon.

triumph

Deadline Hollywood
CBS All Access Sets Premiere Date For ‘Strange Angel’
by Dino-Ray Ramos
April 19, 2018 10:00am
strange-angel-jack-reynor.jpg

http://deadline.com/2018/04/cbs-all...ge-angel-jack-parsons-jack-reynor-1202367613/

also:
Den of Geeks
“The story follows the life of Jack Parsons, a mysterious and brilliant man in 1940s Los Angeles, who by day helps birth the entirely unknown discipline of American rocketry, and by night is a performer of sex magick rituals and a disciple to occultist Aleister Crowley.”
Parsons started following Crowley in 1938. The founder of the Thelemic religion called himself “The Great Beast 666.” British press called him the “wickedest man in the world.” Crowley joined the Ordo Templi Orientis, or O.T.O., in 1910 and went on to lead it. Crowley transformed the Freemasonry-influenced group with the help of a little Sex Magick.
Cal Tech scientist Parsons and his wife Helen joined the O.T.O.’s Pasadena chapter, known as the Agape Lodge, in 1939. It was led at the time by Wilfred Talbot Smith. By 1944, Parsons replaced Smith as acting master of the lodge. Parsons’ wife replaced Parsons with Smith. During this time, Parsons also formed a commune he called “The Parsonage” in Pasadena, which included future science fiction master Robert Heinlein, and Hubbard. As part of rocketry’s Suicide Club, Parsons chanted Crowley’s “Hymn to Pan” before he launched test rockets.
Strange Angel: Release Date for Jack Reynor CBS All-Access Show
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/stra...ease-date-for-jack-reynor-cbs-all-access-show

more
Bleeding Cool

The Walking Dead’s Karl Makinen Joins the Cast of Strange Angel
Posted by Dan Wickline April 4, 2018

Parsons started off as a janitor in 1930s L.A. working at a chemical factory, but he was brilliant and had dreams that would launch the American Rocket industry. He co-founded JPL and owns the patent on a ton of rocket technology. But somewhere along the way he fell into the world of Aleister Crowley and started a sex cult. He was also friends with L. Ron Hubbard and had most of his money embezzled from him. Parsons died in an explosion in his home lab at the age of 37 – questions of the cause of the explosion still linger, was it suicide? Was it an assassination?
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/0...karl-makinen-joins-the-cast-of-strange-angel/

its based on the book shown above by George Pendle
https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Angel-Otherworldly-Scientist-Whiteside/dp/0156031795

Last edited:

triumph

trailer

Den of Geeks
Strange Angel: First Trailer Turns Science into Magic
CBS All-Access series Strange Angel trailer points the stars upside down as Jack Parsons learns rocket science only gets you so high.
strange_angel-jpg-itok-g3e_zvdr-jpg.267819

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/culture...-angel-first-trailer-turns-science-into-magic
Strange Angel Release Date
Strange Angel is set to arrive on Thursday, June 14 on CBS All-Access.
The inaugural season will consist of 10 episodes, which will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays.

based on the Book Strange Angel (amazon)
Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons

Well-written and thoroughly researched, "Strange Angel' connects the dots between occultist Aleister Crowley, JPL rocketeer John Whiteside Parsons and Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard in the 1940s during the existence of the OTO lodge in Pasadena. Absolutely riveting tale not only of the relationships these men

https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Angel-Otherworldly-Scientist-Whiteside/dp/0156031795

Last edited:

triumph

CDN
Preview: A Strange Angel for CBS All Access this June
written by Stephen Z. Nemo May 18, 2018
youngParsons.jpg

Parsons’ occult views clearly inspired his close friend, science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard, who founded the Church of Scientology in 1954. “He [Hubbard] is the most Thelemic person I have ever met and is in complete accord with our own principles,” Parsons wrote in a letter to his occult mentor, Crowley.
Fellow occultist Kenneth Grant even credited Parsons’ mystical endeavors of the mid-1940s with creating the “Great Flying Saucer Flap” that began in 1947.
“Parsons opened a door and something flew in,” said Grant.
https://www.commdiginews.com/entertainment/a-strange-angel-cbs-all-access-june-102398/

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
CBS All Access . . . another subscription service.
Would offer me nothing other than this show. Ugh.

I didn't see a Hubbard character listed in the cast list over at IMDB.
Did see a Betty, which would be Sara Northrup . . . wife two that
"Ron didn't have."

Parsons writing to Aleister Crowley:

"About three months ago I met Captain L. Ron Hubbard, a writer and explorer of whom​
I had known for some time … He is a gentleman; he has red hair, green eyes, is honest​
and intelligent, and we have become great friends. He moved in with me about two months​
ago, and although Betty and I are still friendly, she has transferred her sexual affection to Ron."​
Here's an excerpt from a letter Ron wrote to his best friend about a "daughter
he didn't have" . . . Alexis Valerie.

ron.jpg

Full letter featured in an article on Tony Ortega's site this morning.
I'll wait until the Strange Angel series shows up on Netflix. :shrug:

Last edited:

triumph

ron 's story picks up again further down after Parsons Babylon Working
FHH74dF.png

Last edited:

triumph

I don't think Hubbard will be in the series until at least the second season... a chance to order copious amounts of popcorn in advance while prices are at rock bottom..

Can't wait to see the CoS respose..

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
CBS All Access . . . another subscription service.
Would offer me nothing other than this show. Ugh.

I didn't see a Hubbard character listed in the cast list over at IMDB.
Did see a Betty, which would be Sara Northrup . . . wife two that
"Ron didn't have."

Parsons writing to Aleister Crowley:

"About three months ago I met Captain L. Ron Hubbard, a writer and explorer of whom​
I had known for some time … He is a gentleman; he has red hair, green eyes, is honest​
and intelligent, and we have become great friends. He moved in with me about two months​
ago, and although Betty and I are still friendly, she has transferred her sexual affection to Ron."​
Here's an excerpt from a letter Ron wrote to his best friend about a "daughter
he didn't have" . . . Alexis Valerie.

Full letter featured in an article on Tony Ortega's site this morning.
I'll wait until the Strange Angel series shows up on Netflix. :shrug:
Cooooooooooooooool...

In the letters and the excerpts from the book Elron comes off a Gilbert Shelten "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" character; an excellent companion or foil to Phineas, Fat Freddy and Freewheeling Franklin.

Plenty of material for his detractors to take great umbrage over

but...

he still appears to to take his dianetics work... well somehow "seriously" doesn't seem to fit but he appears to give account of actual case histories...

Last edited: