What's new

Grateful escapee seeking head of NY Sea Org from 1990- where is she now?

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Past usage that she "suddenly remembered." That happened to someone else while I was there.

past LSD or she took LSD while in? she seemed a little loopy...so maybe she had a drug problem? its so weird when they discover past LSD...it can be 10 years in with good service..then they discover it and they are out...makes no sense...but then again...nothing really made sense.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Past usage that she "suddenly remembered." That happened to someone else while I was there.
in other words..coming up with an excuse to be offloaded ..instead of just saying you want to leave. Thats a great excuse to get you off the hook and out without being declared...why didnt I think of that.I just escaped in the night after a week of routing out, but not routing out(interrogations when you ask to leave). I

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Did you blow while I was on post? I used to get yelled at for that.

I never stopped anyone for that. I would hear the side door fling open and see a flash in the camera. There goes another one.

CO CMO went one night.

2 to 3am was popular.

in other words..coming up with an excuse to be offloaded ..instead of just saying you want to leave. Thats a great excuse to get you off the hook and out without being declared...why didnt I think of that.I just escaped in the night after a week of routing out, but not routing out(interrogations when you ask to leave). I

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Did you blow while I was on post? I used to get yelled at for that.

I never stopped anyone for that. I would hear the side door fling open and see a flash in the camera. There goes another one.

CO CMO went one night.

2 to 3am was popular.
Technically yes, I blew...........but I tried to route out properly and they were holding me there not letting me go and keepign watch on me for weeks...so I had no choice. I honestly dont remember you...but yes..you probably saw me running out the door in the middle of the night...probably about 2 to 3 am lol

Last edited:

Tuppence

Patron
Lyci did not shorten her name, it's the name her friends and family had always called her.

Mest Lover, you are right there were 7 floors, the top one was strictly for CMO staff, and not all CMO staff were housed up there. They had a lock on the door that you needed to punch the combonation into in order to gain entry.

The elevator did work at one time, there was a child who was playing with matches and wound up setting the shaft on fire in the early 80s. This happened at night and in the fall, not sure what year exactly due to some memory blocks. All the young children had to be woken up and brought outside. The fire department tried to have everyone stand in front of PS 17 which was right across the street, one or two of the littlest children were missing. Lyci and a few other girls were standing outside in towels as they had been having a shower when the alarm was raised. Anne Hoffman, Lyci, and a few other people were arguing with the firemen because one of her children/Lyci's brothers were missing.

Anne Marie Binda does not exist, Anne Marie is a combination of Shane and Quentin Hoffman's fathers wives. First one (and mother of Lyci and Penny) Anne, I belive his second wife was Marie or Anne Marie.

Eric Knauerhase, who had custody of Lyci, had married Anne (once Binda, then Hoffman), Both Eric and Anne were very genuine people and quite nice (most of the time)

349, was once in pretty good repair, over the years, due to an unwillingness to put money into renovations, the building fell into disrepair.
The Front room on the second floor went from being a dorm room for men, to being a storage room, to being a nursery, to being a storage room again, to being a Scientology school to ....
The thrid floor was the woman's dorms, then the Children's Theater dorm, then a storage space, then one side was the woman's dorm, the other the mens dorm, then ....
Fourth to sixth floors were for CLO FAMILIES, then it was fourth and fith for CLO families and the 6th became for lower ranking CMO members (families and even single people)
The Seventh Floor was only CMO, then upper CMO staff and then became resticted only to those with the combination code to the lock and those who lived up there.
Main floor was Storage, Nursery, Children's Theater space, and empty space
The basement housed the boiler room, the elevator maintence space and storage.

The many children of scientologists were taken care of at the 48th street building, keeping them out of sight out of mind. There were a few times their care was moved to 46th street.

The Deli on the courner was called Ali Amonies, and there was another one halfway down the street on 8th ave between 47th and 48th street called Goldilocks, the firehouse was on the corner of 48th and 8th, there was a Rays Pizza on the other side of the street and a little bit down, half way between Goldies and the fire hall. and kitty corner from the fire hall was another little grocery store, they usually had fresh fruit out front.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
past LSD or she took LSD while in? she seemed a little loopy...so maybe she had a drug problem? its so weird when they discover past LSD...it can be 10 years in with good service..then they discover it and they are out...makes no sense...but then again...nothing really made sense.

LOL.

Yeah, nothing really made sense.

But, in defense of Scientology, I'll just say that the highly productive 10-year staff member might have had a session where LSD read on the meter. In which case there would be a perfectly logical scientific basis for immediately kicking them out.

In order to save the planet, on this planet.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Lyci did not shorten her name, it's the name her friends and family had always called her.

Mest Lover, you are right there were 7 floors, the top one was strictly for CMO staff, and not all CMO staff were housed up there. They had a lock on the door that you needed to punch the combonation into in order to gain entry.

The elevator did work at one time, there was a child who was playing with matches and wound up setting the shaft on fire in the early 80s. This happened at night and in the fall, not sure what year exactly due to some memory blocks. All the young children had to be woken up and brought outside. The fire department tried to have everyone stand in front of PS 17 which was right across the street, one or two of the littlest children were missing. Lyci and a few other girls were standing outside in towels as they had been having a shower when the alarm was raised. Anne Hoffman, Lyci, and a few other people were arguing with the firemen because one of her children/Lyci's brothers were missing.

Anne Marie Binda does not exist, Anne Marie is a combination of Shane and Quentin Hoffman's fathers wives. First one (and mother of Lyci and Penny) Anne, I belive his second wife was Marie or Anne Marie.

Eric Knauerhase, who had custody of Lyci, had married Anne (once Binda, then Hoffman), Both Eric and Anne were very genuine people and quite nice (most of the time)

349, was once in pretty good repair, over the years, due to an unwillingness to put money into renovations, the building fell into disrepair.
The Front room on the second floor went from being a dorm room for men, to being a storage room, to being a nursery, to being a storage room again, to being a Scientology school to ....
The thrid floor was the woman's dorms, then the Children's Theater dorm, then a storage space, then one side was the woman's dorm, the other the mens dorm, then ....
Fourth to sixth floors were for CLO FAMILIES, then it was fourth and fith for CLO families and the 6th became for lower ranking CMO members (families and even single people)
The Seventh Floor was only CMO, then upper CMO staff and then became resticted only to those with the combination code to the lock and those who lived up there.

The many children of scientologists were taken care of at the 48th street building, keeping them out of sight out of mind. There were a few times their care was moved to 46th street.

The Deli on the courner was called Ali Amonies, and there was another one halfway down the street on 8th ave between 47th and 48th street called Goldilocks, the firehouse was on the corner of 48th and 8th, there was a Rays Pizza on the other side of the street and a little bit down, half way between Goldies and the fire hall. and kitty corner from the fire hall was another little grocery store, they usually had fresh fruit out front.
Yes your are right....7 floors on the Excaliber and 6 on the NY Org.....what was Lyci's mom's name?I only remember Anne with Eric's name

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors

and your right..lyci didnt shorten her name...she must have been messing with me at one time or another lol...I remember we used to go over to the new 45 flr marriot marquee across the street...to the revolving bar..we would walk past security like we owned the place..it had free nuts on the table...so we would order a can of sprite($2! in 1980's) and munch on the free expensive bar nuts...we talked with british accents so that people thought we were foreigners...it was just to funny, talk about being desperate for a little snack lol

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is such a good thread for me. Thank you all for your posts here. I think we can all agree that MestLover's impeccable memory is a pleasure. I am finding his comments here so helpful in shaking out the cobwebs of my memories. I spent time as a public at NY Org, CCNY, CC Int and ASHO, and some others orgs as a substitute or A/T Course Sup, so the memories I have are a bit scattered, as I was :)

Yes, Erik Knaurhaus was a really nice guy. Sorry to hear he passed away.
Thank you, exseaorgclocmoflagetc, for writing the name of the CLO building./ Yes, the Excalibur
Glad to be of some help here, inchant.

Welcome to both you, inchant, and exseaorgclocmoflagetc, who I suspect may well be someone who has some background that includes NY. MestLover's story of how he was recruited for his security post at CLO EUS, and how he was just able to walk away, is a funny one... but the insane and often torturous many ( and I mean many) months he was made to be on the Purif, in the sauna is a shocker and I urge you all to read it. He also saved and posted a bunch of stuff that might be of interest to you.

So glad I stopped by here. I got a lot of chuckles out of it! Thanks

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Wow, so many familiar names in this thread. Pretty sure that Annie Knauerhaus (as I knew her) got comm eved or maybe declared for the conditions of the Excalibur prior to the renovations. Essentially, she was the scapegoat for forcing Sea Org members to live in such squalid conditions. I remember Lyci Binda and Jenny Gambino when they were just little kids running around NY Org and CLO. Then they became teenagers and started doing missions and turned into little nazis. Lyci stayed at my apartment in Cambridge during one mission to Boston. That was awkard. By night, responsible to get this young teenage girl home and back again to a somewhat seedy neighborhood in Cambridge. By day, she'd be ripping my (and everyone else's) face off trying to achieve her mission targets. *shudder*

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Did you happen to know a SO lady named Judy Moonen? I've been wondering what happened with her.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll never forget being sent up to CLO for "fixing" in '85 when I was on staff in DC (one of a number of unpleasant times). The floor we slept on in the Excal had water flowing down the entire width of the wall due to the showers on the floor above. Insane what a pit that place was.

Last edited:

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
I'll never forget being sent up to CLO for "fixing" in '85 when I was on staff in DC (one of a number of unpleasant times). The floor we slept on in the Excal had water flowing down the entire width of the wall due to the showers on the floor above. Insane what a pit that place was.
Oh yeah, my first time was '84. I was a regular down from Boston through the 80s and 90s. I'm sure we bumped into each other. I remember the cold showers. And the sink that had no drain pipe, just a rubber tube that went into the urinal. And the smell that came up from the urinal when you ran the water was like something rising from hell. I remember sometimes sneaking up to the upper Sea Org berthing floors to take a real shower.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
OK now imagine that i was a little kid and was put in the worst of worst places in the excaliber to sleep on the floor as punishment."Pigs berthing" for not passing white glove(slightest bit of gray dust on a white glove) Words dont describe.. just pulled a picture from the internet to describe, cant even find a picture as bad as it was
1405496043281.jpeg

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
OK now imagine that i was a little kid and was put in the worst of worst places in the excaliber to sleep on the floor as punishment."Pigs berthing" for not passing white glove(slightest bit of gray dust on a white glove) Words dont describe.. just pulled a picture from the internet to describe, cant even find a picture as bad as it was
1405496043281.jpeg
It's got potential...................!!! (As Estate Agents in the UK would say).

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Thanks for resurrecting this thread, exseaorgclocmoflagetc!

That photo gave me the creeps but I copuld sure imagine the place looking like that. It reminded me of the children's area on the main floor, mid 80's ( maybe? ) when Eugene was the Nanny. I was public but had to go over here and help him one day, as a favor to a staff member. It was during an event at NY Org. The place was so depressing. A bit like your photo. They had poor lighting, the place was damp and smelled of mold. The kids were filthy, wearing old clothes I would not ever let my kid wear. It was depressing.

Amazing that these things wee tolerated..

Anyway, I am adding some related links for anyone stopping by this one looking for more NY related posts, stories and connections:

FOLO / CLO EUS related threads on ESMB:
NYC Anons & the CLO
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/nyc-anons-the-clo.62913/

My life for the Commodore! (horde?)
By NotQuentinStrube
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/my-life-for-the-commodore-horde.10183/

C/O OSA EUS Arnon Harari
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/c-o-osa-eus-arnon-harari.9632/

Atlanta 1986-90, EUS Cont 1991-95
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/atlanta-1986-90-eus-cont-1991-95.7003/

Looking For Noel Spada
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/looking-for-noel-spada.6859/

Make It Go Right
"The time NY Org and FOLO EUS ran out of heating oil in January.. perhaps it was 1976 or 77 Im not sure.."
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/make-it-go-right.7713/

CLO EUS from 1998-2002
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/staff-vs-so.15413/

My Role in the 1988 CLO EUS Renos Mission
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/my-role-in-the-1988-clo-eus-renos-mission.19867/

Some NY Org, CCNY, Geltman mission related ( may be other threads but these are what popped up
)

NY Org 8/12/09
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/ny-org-8-12-09.13030/

greetings for NEW YORK!
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/greetings-for-new-york.43724/

New York Org 1970's-1980's
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/new-york-org-1970s-1980s.15878/

Mike Feldman--Geltman Staff 1974-1982
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/mike-feldman-geltman-staff-1974-1982.17660/

CCNY staff and public 1985 to 1991, CCI staff 1991-92
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/ccny-staff-and-public-1985-to-1991-cci-staff-1991-92.32194/

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
awesome thanks. The picture above has way too much light, where I stayed was a scary dark Dank roach and rat infested cave.

I knew Eugene , cool guy, but I hated how the kids were kept, Always lice and runny noses . Walking into the room it smelled horrible. Eugene disappeared for several years and then came back.

I demanded a change when there was a canadian lady Named Sylvie, she had two small children. One of them age 2 or 3 yrs old, was rapidly losing weight. When she became listless , eyes sunken in, belliw swollen like and Orphaned Ethopian(no offense , but you know what I mean) I, a kid myself, demanded she take her child to the emergency room before it was too late. She was very hesitant, couldnt tear herself away from her work , I insisted. She left to take her and I never saw them ever again, maybe got put jail for child neglect/abuse? It was the worst condition Ive ever scene a baby in ever in all my life. The memory stuck with me foever.

Last edited: