What's new

Judge to Garcias: Scientology can lie and cheat and there’s nothing I can do about it

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Judge to Garcias: Scientology can lie and cheat and there’s nothing I can do about it

[Judge James D. Whittemore]

Judge James D. Whittemore has ruled that Luis and Rocio Garcia will have to live with the kangaroo court Scientology put them through in the name of religious arbitration.

The Garcias, a California couple, sued the Church of Scientology in Whittemore’s Tampa court in 2013 over allegations that they had been[.......]

Continue reading...

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Very smart on the judge's part. He will no longer be a target of the sciobots... there will be an appeal before another judge who can stand tall or fold to "them"... either way another appeal by one side or the other... then another.

It could go all the way to the supremes... and I don't mean the singing group. Arbitration is under fire all over the country and is being ruled against over and over again. By the time... if the time... it makes it to the top the sciobots will loose some of the intimidation power the higher it goes.

Don't get me wrong no judge in his right mind wants to touch the religion issue... BUT the supremes have job security and do not care if people view them an anti "religion".

This will cost the Garcia's more time, energy & money but in the end - if they can stick it out - they will do more damage than anyone could hope for.

If they take their toys and go home I would not blame them.... but I am cheering them on in their fight if they wish to continue.

By the time it goes to the top or part way to the top the first judge is out of the line of fire and his name is forgotten... he will sleep well at night.

I could be wrong... I am not a lawyer or judge but this is the way I see it.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is very disheartening but there may still be some positive takeaways.

The Garcias have forced the COS to document their arbitration procedure for everyone to see in a court record. This is a pile of bad PR straw being dumped on the already huge pile of straw that will break the camel's back. Entering into a contractual agreement with the COS is a high risk proposition subject to all the religious (read: arbitrary cultish woo & anti-SP) think that can be brought to bear.

The amount of the dispute was for $969,269.10. I'm going to guess that the amount of money the COS will lose from lost donations as a direct result of people being aware of this case over time will be manyfold greater.

If this decision is flawed enough it can be appealed to higher courts with even stronger consequences in their decisions. Ironically, this judge intentionally or unintentionally may have done the Garcias a favor by giving the COS more rope with which to hang themselves.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Chilling.
That it is.

Remarkable achievement, that more than 3 decades after Hubbard's death, his "religion angle" hoax is still defrauding the public and gaming the government. He essentially found, developed and fully exploited the perfect scammy storm that lies at the intersection of constitutionally protected religious rights and human blind spots that are easily triggered by simply using religious-sounding words.

Hubbard miserably failed to "smash his name" into history books but wildly succeeded in smashing his name onto other people's bank accounts, so he can "legally" withdraw their funds.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay.

I don't recall saying anything about you ignoring threads such as this.
Neither you nor anyone else has said this but many here often speak to me as if I were wearing blinders.

Which is not to say my eyes have no blind spot nor to claim wool has never been combed over my baby blues

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
That it is.

Remarkable achievement, that more than 3 decades after Hubbard's death, his "religion angle" hoax is still defrauding the public and gaming the government. He essentially found, developed and fully exploited the perfect scammy storm that lies at the intersection of constitutionally protected religious rights and human blind spots that are easily triggered by simply using religious-sounding words.

Hubbard miserably failed to "smash his name" into history books but wildly succeeded in smashing his name onto other people's bank accounts, so he can "legally" withdraw their funds.

They're doing things which were not done when Hubbard was here

Selling "Status" f'crissakes

The joint is run by Catholics HH and RCC's fund-raising tech is being applied

The nature of Hubbard's work is such that it does lend itself to fraud in ways difficult to prove. But, when it sells and delivers auditing and auditor training it is NOT committing fraud. I saw no taint at all when I started in San Francisco at a CLIV org commissioned just three years earlier and rife with old members of ARCBA, the group which formed during Hubbard's 1950 Oakland lectures; real salt of the earth decent human beings. At FCDC...well...mostly everything was kosher. Then there were some things which didn't seem quite level and square...

p.s. The Smithsonian, an august and highly regarded institution did recently number LRH as one of The 100 Most significant figures of American history. The old buzzard's place in history is quite well assured HH

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The nature of Hubbard's work is such that it does lend itself to fraud in ways difficult to prove. But, when it sells and delivers auditing and auditor training it is NOT committing fraud.

It certainly IS committing fraud and you are totally aware that it is committing fraud.

CoS is selling the States of Clear and OT, yet not one Clear or OT as described by Hubbard has been created in 68 years.

And you yourself have acknowledged on this forum that the State of Clear as described by Hubbard may not actually exist. Would you like me to pull up your exact quote?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
It certainly IS committing fraud and you are totally aware that it is committing fraud.

CoS is selling the States of Clear and OT, yet not one Clear or OT as described by Hubbard has been created in 68 years.

And you yourself have acknowledged on this forum that the State of Clear as described by Hubbard may not actually exist. Would you like me to pull up your exact quote?
Hardly necessary when my assessment of "Clear" is of long standing.

The Church then and now states it does not guarantee results

It is not fraud to sell and deliver auditing and auditor training

HelluvaHoax!

They're doing things which were not done when Hubbard was here

Selling "Status" f'crissakes
FALSE.

If this was a game show, you would be given a lovely token consolation prize and quickly "8C'ed" offstage, lol. Perhaps you would be given a cardboard bookmarker that bears an image of "pink legs sticking out" and Dr. Hubbard's humanitarian quote about murdering his enemies in a way that doesn't criminally implicate him.

Your statement above, is ridiculous--that Hubbard did not sell "statuses".

That is ALL he ever did!

However, he cleverly didn't call them "statuses". He called them "completion certificates" and he sold them for hundreds of thousands of dollars. But, no worries here, his "exchange in abundance" was really in, because he threw in a free 0.99 cent frame and ordered people to stand and applaud for your new OT status.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

This has become a lively thread, courtesy of Clay Pigeon, who volunteered to man the "DUNK THE CLOWN OT[sup]1[/sup]" game at the local ESMB carnival.

[sup]1 [/sup] OT -noun: 1. Operating Troll. 2. Any Scientology believer, because Scientologist are by default trolls. It's mandated in their scripture to always attack Ron's enemies.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hardly necessary when my assessment of "Clear" is of long standing.

The Church then and now states it does not guarantee results

It is not fraud to sell and deliver auditing and auditor training
Many promises are made in the "religious scriptures" including 100% results!

Check HCOB 20 OCT 68 "The Purpose of Class VIII"

All of Scientology is predicated upon creating Clears and OT's and Clearing the planet. If they can't Clear a single individual how is that not fraud?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

HelluvaHoax!

Many promises are made in the "religious scriptures" including 100% results!

Check HCOB 20 OCT 68 "The Purpose of Class VIII"

All of Scientology is predicated upon creating Clears and OT's and Clearing the planet. If they can't Clear a single individual how is that not fraud?
Precisely the point!

My, my, my....that is a certainly troublesome point you are bringing up!

How in the world would a Scientologist respond to such an outrageous accusation?!!!

Let's ask one. . .

Billy?

Originally Posted by Billy Blowdown

I am so happy you asked that question. And there is a very simple answer to this ridiculous black PR that you are disseminating. Besides being low-toned, entheta and a total lie, there is an entire body of scientific research and proof that an impressive multitude of Clears have been made since 1950.

For starters, our Church has issued over 15,000 Clear certificates! Before being allowed to attest, their case folders were studied and standardly verified by Class XII case supervisors. As an additional safeguard, the perclears were sent to another division (Qualifications Division) to confirm that they had all the requisite and miraculous abilities that only a Clear possesses. The ability to state that they have no Doubts or Reservations about attesting to Clear while having a floating needle.

Nobody can possibly have a floating needle if they are lying. This is an easily provable 100% Scientific fact[sup]1[/sup].

ML,

WIlliam "Billy" Blowdown
OT 8 Class 8, Power on 8 Dynamics
My motto: "Always cogniting! Always Winning! Always Blowing Down!"

[sup]1[/sup] Except for SPs who attest to Clear and then later ask for their money back. They are so insane and criminal that their reactive mind produces a meter phenomena known as an "SFN"---a suppressive floating needle, that is a lower toned mockery of a genuine FN. It is easy to spot this SFN because the PC is nattering about not having attained any of the abilities that a Clear has.

HelluvaHoax!

Charles Manson and Scientology: What the church doesn’t want you to know
https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/20/c...logy-what-the-church-doesnt-want-you-to-know/And this:
Charles Manson Was a Scientologist
http://lermanet.com/scientologyscandals/charlesmanson.htm
There are far worse examples of psychopaths whose crime waves diabolically destroyed peoples' lives for decades (and continue to this very day), rather than just Manson's one year--before going to prison. Ergo. . .

David Miscavige was a Scientologist.
L. Ron Hubbard was a Scientologist.

Last edited: