What's new

LRH death event Pat Broeker

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip>

Amazing how similar our experiences are. I also looked at Ordo Templi Orientis, and did their zero degree initiation. The initiation was fascinating, but at the house party that followed, I noticed that some of the senior members were snorting cocaine, so I never went back.
You never went back? They would have had a problem getting me to leave!

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
It's like charging someone for being their friend.
This is a good point because isn't that what one is buying when one purchases auditing?
Buying someone's taking the time out to sit and listen attentively to you and your issues while delivering a purported technology to help you rise above whatever problems you have and take you to a level of beingness that gives you back your OT ness.
Buying auditing is buying a friend which is not entirely different than a guy buying sex where the woman pretends to be into the sex with him but really can't wait to be out of there counting the loot and whatever else she managed to make off with.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
This is a good point because isn't that what one is buying when one purchases auditing?
Buying someone's taking the time out to sit and listen attentively to you and your issues while delivering a purported technology to help you rise above whatever problems you have and take you to a level of beingness that gives you back your OT ness.
Buying auditing is buying a friend which is not entirely different than a guy buying sex where the woman pretends to be into the sex with him but really can't wait to be out of there counting the loot and whatever else she managed to make off with.
Yes. Plus, if you have stretched yourself financial to buy the auditing, and know that you still need to find more money for the rest of your auditing, then you end up sitting in session counting the ticking away of your money, instead of focusing on what the session is for. That is especially true since they don't allow you to run up credit in the org, and pay it back 'just whenever you can manage it'.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Yes. Plus, if you have stretched yourself financial to buy the auditing, and know that you still need to find more money for the rest of your auditing, then you end up sitting in session counting the ticking away of your money, instead of focusing on what the session is for. That is especially true since they don't allow you to run up credit in the org, and pay it back 'just whenever you can manage it'.
Yes, that money/time meter is always running in your peripheral vision and a huge distraction to really being "in session".
Then, for me anyway, the depression of knowing that because I'd gone out on a limb to buy the auditing I was just running out of time and money on, there was just no conceivable way that I'd be able to come up with monies necessary to continue on as I'd be preoccupied with paying off the old auditing.
So one became more and more consumed with the PTP of never being able to ever adequately finance my progress up the grade chart, a PTP that thwarts any real case gain anyway.
I had a friend that was a rich Scientologist and I tried to borrow money from him for auditing but he declined saying "I've yet to see one example of lasting case gain in Scientology, you should just live your life and forget all about Scientology".
Yet he was still active on lines as he was on his OT levels and seemed to enjoy the adulation he received as an OT at a class IV org and the hot women that would date him due to his status & wealth which kept him coming around on a regular basis.
So my point is that I was finding that there just wasn't any real incentive in worrying much about getting up the grade chart anymore as the luster was entirely gone and my "OT" heroes were proving not to be real heroes after all..

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
#They Knew

oldhubb.jpg

The above photo was taken in 1973, when Hubbard was secretly residing in Queens, New York.

Hubbard was 62. (Many people mistakenly assume this photo is from the last weeks of Hubbard's life.)

He bounced back and returned to the ship.
__________​

Hubbard's mistress from 1951 was interviewed by British television for the 1999 'Secret Lives' Program, and told of seeing Hubbard in 1951 after an absence of a few months. She described him as having long hair and fingernails like talons. It was obvious to her that he had serious mental problems.

See 7:50 - 8:30:

But he bounced back.

___________​

Hubbard at the 1980 New Years party at "X" in Hemet, California:

michael-douglas3.jpg

During the same period, Hubbard wrote 11 Science fiction novels.

Yes, they knew many things which they withheld from the membership, but Hubbard's paranoia was his companion for his whole life, and his apparent dementia seemed to be cyclic, sometimes appearing, sometimes receding.

Gib

Crusader
#They Knew
so Pat Broeker leaves, and we are to find out he's been spied on by DM and Marty for many years.

Truth revealed by Marty that he didn't have the keys to the kingdom of OT9 & 10 in the beginning of his leaving.

If I get this right, DM and Marty first find out Pat has no secret OT levels of 9 & 10, but yet DM has him followed and spied upon for many years at a cost of $10,000 per month.

So my thinking is hello, the IAS, regging for funds to protect the scientology religion via non profit donations, that are non refundable per IRS tax code. That is what paid for paying for private investigators to follow Pat and via lawyers.

DM and with the help of his advisers, that is lawyers, DM shifts his strategy to straight donations via the IAS, a non profit organization, and per the contracts signed for making donations to the IAS, and even the Ideal Orgs.

And thus we know why Garcia's lost their case against Scientology for his buying the cross on super power building.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Truth revealed by Marty that he didn't have the keys to the kingdom of OT9 & 10 in the beginning of his leaving.
I know DM, Marty and Mike were all at Pat's Newberry Ranch for the raid and search
for upper OT levels. Yingling was there too.

Mike and Marty found out there were no upper OT levels around 1987-8,
but sat on the revelation for nearly thirty years. Cost me about $32,000
for the "OT 9&10 package" and a divorce. Much more actually.
DM and Marty first find out Pat has no secret OT levels of 9 & 10, but yet DM has him followed and spied upon for many years at a cost of $10,000 per month.
DM was obviously worried whether Pat would spill the beans publicly and ruin what was at that point
a self-perpetuating money machine and protected ("the religion angle") con.

Another criminal on the run is all . . . DM, that is.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I know DM, Marty and Mike were all at Pat's Newberry Ranch for the raid and search

DM was obviously worried whether Pat would spill the beans publicly and ruin what was at that point

They should get Pat Broeker on the Aftermath. What an episode.

Veda

Sponsor

When Miscavige, Rinder, and Rathbun found out there were no upper OT levels, it must have been a giant "missed withhold" that sent tremors through Scientology, starting with the cancellation of this Flag Order:

19860119-in.gif

False_fo3879-1.jpg

An immediate reaction was to increase the number of events where Scientologists marched around proudly.

moseys-hubby.jpg

Followed by the appearance, in 1990, of the inspirational Scientology video We Stand Tall:

seastrip-png.187361

Scientology's leadership sing 'We Stand Tall'.

As we know, this video boomed Scientology into unprecedented expansion, and into acceptance and respect by the wogs of this planet.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

-snip-
On a serious note, did you try to obtain a repayment of the $32,000 for the non existent "OT 9&10 package"?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
did you try to obtain a repayment of the $32,000 for the non existent "OT 9&10 package"?
No, absolutely not.

Re-filed taxes and took a tax write-off as I remember, which got some cash money back.

On the "life experience balance sheet," listed it as a write-off -- an asset no longer having
a purpose or any future value.

Would I soil (or ruin) five or ten years of my life in a protracted spiritual and mental battle
to retrieve a bad $32,000 investment? Some things in life you just walk away from.

But if Marty Rathbun would give me the money back out of his cut, I'd accept it. After all,
Marty was head of the RTC at the time and it was an RTC letter that went out promoting
the OT 9&10 package, even though Marty knew better deep down.

#They Knew

Footnote: One thing that's never mentioned is that all these senior executives who lied
and made up stories and extracted money from people for decades, while knowingly hiding
facts, still have some personal liability and could be personally sued. Even after leaving the
Sea Org. People like Marty and Mike and Pat Broeker could face years of lawsuits personally,
AFAIK. I think that's why these guys are careful as to what they reveal and what they don't
reveal about their pasts and their participations in crafting or hiding obvious deceits along
the way.

Now that Marty possibly has "deep pockets," he better stay quiet and out of sight. Which
he is doing. :whistling:

That's just my opinion and I'm not any kind of legal expert. Just a person who was conned. :shrug:

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I think that's why these guys are careful as to what they reveal and what they don't
reveal about their pasts and their participations in crafting or hiding obvious deceits along
the way.
Careful what you say, boys. The Internet is forever.

Mike Rinder
April 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm

"I was not aware that these materials didn't exist until after I left."

Mike Rinder
November 13, 2017 at 12:42 pm

"I was part of the armed raid that went to the secret property in Newberry Springs
to get the files that Pat Broeker supposedly had of the “OT levels beyond VIII”
but there were no such thing…"

Oh, well. Hard to say which it is. :shrug:

I guess if there were a call-in segment on the A&E Aftermath program, I would call
in and ask Mike: "If you had found out in 1987-88 that the OT 9&10 materials didn't
exist, what would you have done?"

Not that anybody around here even cares anymore, if I'm to be honest.
Seems like we have other "fish to fry" on the board nowadays, LOL. Trump!

Speaking of Trump, I'll go over there and post a simply hilarious video. :coolwink:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Hubbards minions are always claiming protesters are stuck in electronic incidents, well they're stuck in military incidents vicariously through Ron, because he certainly was.
The 2nd OT3 "incident" has World War II and Nagasaki stamped all over it with it's bomber planes over the the Pacific.
He just couldn't let it go, even had to wear that commodore hat, jeesh whadda rube!
Additionally OT could be said to be lifted from the name of the French town of Authie, pronounced OT, that was key in D - day when the allies took Normandy in WW II.
Eerie, eh?
Quite the chubby little sticky fingers.
Plus Hubbard like to speak with the revved up bark and tone of a WWII correspondent reporting on battle progress overseas like he would hear on the little radio's of the day.

http://www.fireandfury.com/scenarios/bloodhonourauthie.pdf

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

what's also interesting is that those Sea Org folks at Gold, including Mark Headley, where mixing the LRH lectures, to make them sound good and put on the "movie magic" as you mentioned in another recent tread that Mark said scientology was movie magic. But I also got they were mixing lectures to come up with new material to sell as courses such as newly released material from source, LRH.

Headley explains it well at the 1:04 mark into his interview with the Shelton.

I guess what I am trying to say is that none of these folks had the full picture like we do now. And it's hard to figure out from ex members as well as folks trying to understand.

When I started "The Basics" in 2011, they finally got to me to do them, and I was paying $20, $50 advanced payments to do the next course every few weeks, since I paid in full for the first course, a gradient approach I used. But I had read all of the books and listened to all of the lectures available in 1987 including the PDC's. So during doing the basics and listening to a brand new course lectures by Hubbard as newly released, why I was like I think I heard this section before but I couldn't put my figure on it. Now listening to the Headley interview, I was right. The DM did just truely repackage, remix things to sell more books and lectures.

I don't blame Headley, Rinder or Marty actually, I think it's all DM and his lawyers. Compartmented.

Headley also mentions how there was no clapping at the Hubbard lectures, and even heckling, both edited in and out. Shelton was quite surprised.

guanoloco

As-Wased
That's what I was asking.

There was an "ex" IRS employee who supposedly was now working with the $cn. cult. I don't remember who it was. Guess I'll have to look it up.

More on Meade Emory.

http://sc-i-r-s-ology.com/veritas/secret/index.htm

FOUNDER #2: MEADE EMORY
Meade Emory is a co-founder of CST, and perhaps few less-likely candidates for that position could be found anywhere on the face of the earth. Like Lenske, Emory is not a Scientologist. But Meade Emory served as Legislation Counsel for the Joint Committee on Taxation of the U.S. Congress from 1970 to 1972, and is a former Assistant to the Commissioner of IRS. That connection alone will instantly raise the eyebrows of most long-time Scientologists.
.....But they are often truly stunned when they find out the years during which Emory was Assistant to the Commissioner of IRS: 1975-1977. Why are those years significant? Because those are the very years during which IRS documents were being stolen by an IRS employee named Gerald Wolfe, and being passed secretly to Scientology's Guardian's Office. As a result, the FBI raided Scientology headquarters in 1977, leading finally to the dissolution of the Guardian's Office, and to the overthrow of Mary Sue Hubbard.

timeline2.gif

Then, less than a year after Mary Sue Hubbard was overthrown, Meade Emory had co-founded CST. And CST ended up in control of everthing that Mary Sue Hubbard and the Guardian's Office had previously controlled. Coincidence?
.....When contacted regarding the current leadership of CST, Emory declined to comment.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
what's also interesting is that those Sea Org folks at Gold, including Mark Headley, where mixing the LRH lectures, to make them sound good and put on the "movie magic" as you mentioned in another recent tread that Mark said scientology was movie magic. But I also got they were mixing lectures to come up with new material to sell as courses such as newly released material from source, LRH.

Headley explains it well at the 1:04 mark into his interview with the Shelton.

I guess what I am trying to say is that none of these folks had the full picture like we do now. And it's hard to figure out from ex members as well as folks trying to understand.

When I started "The Basics" in 2011, they finally got to me to do them, and I was paying $20, $50 advanced payments to do the next course every few weeks, since I paid in full for the first course, a gradient approach I used. But I had read all of the books and listened to all of the lectures available in 1987 including the PDC's. So during doing the basics and listening to a brand new course lectures by Hubbard as newly released, why I was like I think I heard this section before but I couldn't put my figure on it. Now listening to the Headley interview, I was right. The DM did just truely repackage, remix things to sell more books and lectures.

I don't blame Headley, Rinder or Marty actually, I think it's all DM and his lawyers. Compartmented.

Headley also mentions how there was no clapping at the Hubbard lectures, and even heckling, both edited in and out. Shelton was quite surprised.

I just posted on the Stupid thread all about BOTWO the squirrel.

Here's a sample...

sw-1-6.gif
sw-1-6b.gif

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I just posted on the Stupid thread all about BOTWO the squirrel.

Here's a sample...

View attachment 14535
View attachment 14536
There's nothing to stop them from having the companies that do this for Microsoft and others process LRH's words and format the software that will allow them to type out any script they create and make it sound like LRH is spewing it. The technology is getting better all the time as you've probably noticed. It no longer sounds like a Norwegian woman trying to enunciate words in English for the first time. There is certainly no shortage of LRH speeches to copy his word pronunciations from.

Reactions: Gib