What's new

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues vs LRH Hubbard The Way to Happiness

Gib

Crusader
I like Ben Franklin's virtues more than Hubbard's Way to Happiness.

http://www.thirteenvirtues.com/

1. Temperance. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.

2. Silence. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.

3. Order. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.

4. Resolution. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.

5. Frugality. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.

6. Industry. Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.

7. Sincerity. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.

8. Justice. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.

9. Moderation. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.

10. Cleanliness. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation.

11. Tranquility. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.

12. Chastity. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.

13. Humility. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

Gib

Crusader
There goes the internet.
I'm surprised you didn't mention that point of Ben Franklin actually correlates with Hubbard's "action affluence formula" which states:

"
ACTION AFFLUENCE
The Action Affluence Formula is an application of the Affluence Formula. It is formulated so it is easier to apply to personal matters or a non-commercial activity:
1. Economize on needless or dispersed actions that did not contribute to the present condition. Economize financially by knocking off all waste.
2. Make every action count and don't engage in any useless actions. Every new action has to contribute and be of the same kind that helped bring about the Condition.
3. Consolidate all gains. Any place we have gotten a gain, we keep it; don't let things relax or go downhill or roller-coaster. Any advantage or gain we have, we hold onto, we maintain it.
4. Discover for yourself what caused the Condition of Affluence in your immediate area and strengthen it. "

This is from the freezone as reference since I do not wish to submit a link to the COS site on the formula.

http://www.freezoneearth.org/Clearbird/ethics2004/book/conditions.htm

I don't know if Hubbard read Ben Franklin biography, but we do know Hubbard stole concepts from others and did not give source.

I do get your joke Bill. I'm not a freezoner, as there are no clears or OT's.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
chickengoodboy.jpg