What's new

Just wondering...

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
There is a difference between these two terms: "a bunch of high-rolling Chinese Roulette players" and "a bunch of high-rolling Chinese roulette players"

Warning: I am a badge-carrying member-in-good-standing of the Official Capitalization Police SWAT Team Marksmanship Squad, Unit B. You have been wormed.

disilluzioned

Knock-em Down
Seems it didn't take very long for you to fit right in with the bickering that you claimed to want to avoid!

I didn't come here to fight with people or disagree with anyone and certainly not in a disrespectful manner but
Wow...you're right you got that Strat...er, I mean straight, LOL...I allowed myself to get sucked right into it...thanks for pointing it out to me. Some of the stuff said here by some can easily provoke others into responding in similar fashion. Best mind me manners.
Don't waste your breath, Dis. Post whatever you want, and ignore people who try to stamp on your viewpoint. Some on this board are interested in discussing ideas and developing their own understandings/imbibing the understandings of others. Others have fixed viewpoints, and are intolerant of YOUR viewpoint.

There is an unwritten rule on this board, policed by some, that you are not allowed to have had any positive experiences in Scientology. You are only supposed to bitch and moan about the bad aspects. Whilst discussing the negative aspects is important, it does not represent the whole of everyone's prior experiences in Scn. For everyone on this board (apart from OSA trolls, perhaps) the negative must have outweighed the positive, or they wouldn't be here venting their spleen. But it's not the entirety of everyone's experiences in Scn.

Now just watch. Some of the replies to this message will be along the logical lines of "so you think Hubbard's nice smile compensates for the fact that he bashed babies' heads in with a hammer" (or they would have been, had I not pre-empted them with this).

[ETA: or they will point out, missing my point, that Hubbard didn't have a nice smile.]

I probably won't reply to those responses. And if they are from certain fanatics, I won't even read them. My suggestion to you is to do similar. It's usually obvious whether someone is genuinely wanting to discuss something with you, or just wants to stamp your viewpoint into the ground.

Don't expect to be welcomed by all here if you say anything that even hints at something positive you may have experienced in Scientology (unless it's the pleasure moment of having walked out the door). Say what you want to say. But don't expect a round of applause for it, unless you are discussing the bad experiences you had.
thanks :) must choose with whom I wish to converse with here based upon their responses to my posts, but I certainly am not seeking agreement with everything I say and do expect dis-agreement as well.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
thanks :) must choose with whom I wish to converse with here based upon their responses to my posts, but I certainly am not seeking agreement with everything I say and do expect dis-agreement as well.

I think we should have a shadow-ignore function on ESMB. It should work like this: Put someone on shadow-ignore and magically, all their posts and threads still show up but are greyed-out somewhat.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
@disilluzioned (disillusioned?) ... you may want to hit BB Code Editor (the button is at top right when you are typing) to escape the quotes you are getting trapped in. It's a pain but if you jiggle from BB Code Editor to Rich Text Editor (bottom left but only visible once you are in BB Code) you will be able to work it out and fix any issues before you post.

disilluzioned

Knock-em Down
Yes, I've called myself a grammar Nazi several times, it's called 'self-deprecation', something you Americans are not really very familiar with. I've given you a link to the definition in case you don't understand what it means. It's a peculiarly British trait I believe.

I'm the smart one eh? The user of perfect words and sentences? I have never said that. Your sarcasm is growing more and more pronounced with every one of your responses to my posts. If you want to pick a fight with me matey that's fine, I've got all the time in the world now that your pal tr8theta
has taken a lower profile lately.

Please produce MANY of my remarks where all I have done is argue with and correct people. OK, I'll make that easier, produce three.
Fair enough, I stand corrected. I should have said SOME of your remarks. I have no "pal" named tr8theta...where is THAT coming from?
Now THAT is sarcasm on your part see? Like I said you apparently enjoy correcting and arguing with people. I'm not about to go through all your posts looking for, copying and pasting the specific types of remarks I've accused you of. I don't need "to be right" that bad.

disilluzioned

Knock-em Down
@disilluzioned (disillusioned?) ... you may want to hit BB Code Editor (the button is at top right when you are typing) to escape the quotes you are getting trapped in. It's a pain but if you jiggle from BB Code Editor to Rich Text Editor (bottom left but only visible once you are in BB Code) you will be able to work it out and fix any issues.
I spell my name with a "z" because when I spelled it with an "s" the system said the name was already taken.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I spell my name with a "z" because when I spelled it with an "s" the system said the name was already taken.

You're welcome ...

:cool:

Perhaps you could just try it next time you post, it makes it easier for people to read because your words won't be hidden in the post you are responding to (we all had to figure it out after doing the same thing).

JustSheila

Crusader
It's Sheila!:bighug:
The latest to have my knickers in a twist is the "They're, There, Their" error.
Then and Than run a close second.
I am totally impatient these daze.
So glad Sheila came in and spoke my mind. :sleepy:
I've missed you, Pheno! So you didn't see my first hello back to you on some out-of-the way thread. Yeh, we think a lot alike! GMTA! HUGS! <3

Can't post much today 'cause I'm cranky after ten straight hours of logging in campers with constant phone calls demanding sites when we're full up. It was a bit entertianing to watch which of three groups would be fast enough to create an account to win the ONE site that became available after a cancellation... it was the elderly couple, how about it? And they all said, "I never had so much trouble getting a reservation in the past..." and I told them all, "What are you talking about? Where have you been? Labor Day weekend has been packed everywhere since the 1960's!"

But yeh, there I was last night, watching one of my favorite movies, "The Time Machine." Remember the scene with that big scary oversized skeleton designed to trigger a terror reaction to keep others from investigating or fighting back, to keep them accepting the status quo like a religious belief? That scene got me fired up a whole new line of thinking, like -

Scientology's hyperbole. Who can tell the biggest OT tall tale is the winner! It's a game of bigger is better. Fishermen excel at this because they have real-life experience with the big ones that always seem to get away. All they can do is describe that mythological fish, and it's a spellbinding tale until the next fisherman ups it with a bigger, more powerful story of a much bigger fish! So much competition for the best descriptions of the most OT amazing stories of all! Why in the Sea Org, we didn't like going a single day without something miraculous happening. We told OT wins every muster, yessir! Every day was a new miraculous event.

In some ways, that was pretty cool. We took the ordinary and appreciated it and described it in an extraordinary way. Every time someone remembered a bad event and got through it, it was a win. Every time we got a stat up, it was a win. Hell, come to think of it, every time there was toilet paper in the bathrooms, it was a win. We appreciated every little tiny friggin thing like it was the greatest miracle ever. And the adrenaline built up and the group morale built up and the little wins built up and we had ecstasy, man! We were high on it. On $24 pay a week, with no time for family, no life, our youth flying by working for a bunch of elite execs living like kings and we were so happy about it!

DON'T YOU DARE POKE A PIN IN MY ECSTATIC REALITY BUBBLE AND TELL ME WHAT I REALLY DID WITH MY YOUTH AND TELL ME THE MIRACLES WEREN'T SPECIAL.

They were special. Just not special to Scientology. We were really happy slaves. Or so we thought.

We need our big ideas and our myths, don't get me wrong. It's important to believe in something bigger than ourselves so we always have a higher goal. But how many times can you add "NEW IMPROVED BIGGER BETTER BEST IN THE WORLD ON THIS PLANET MOST POWERFUL TOTALLY EXTERIOR WHOLETRACK RECALL OT ON ALL DYNAMICS" and so on and still not change your life, or barely change it at all?

It was never about whether there were wins or not. It's that all of it could and did happen just as easily out of Scientology, without giving away our youth, health, family and life savings. All we had to do was see the extraordinary in everyday things. Life is a miracle. Scientology is not.

Ah, I wasn't going to comment. But hey, The Time Machine is a classic. It's the same story, no matter where or when you go. Some people sell dreams, some people buy them, and some get wise to the game.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Don't get all self-conscious on us now, although secretly I sometimes wonder of dear Lotus is deliberately trying to annoy you.
I never thought it was so obviously obvious :oops:
lol :giggle:

Lol. If you think I'd ever dare criticize her English you've got another think coming. The day my written French approaches her high standard of written English you'll see cows jumping over the moon out of your window.

I know your 'of' is just a typo, NOT a grammatical error, 'i' and 'o' are adjacent to one another on the keyboard after all and I know I make shitloads of typo's myself!
Straty; you must have wrote: ''the day my written French approaches her high standard of courage and perseverance in attempting to render her english almost readable... :giggle:

I must confess that when I registered on the board, one priority was to spot the ''englich nazy ss officers''..which happened very soon when Phenom was somewhat annoyed at my misuse of ''then'' and ''than'' ..Yes... I got traumatized... and went to the psych who suggested I befriend with the so-called police officers. Thus I became their ''little darling'' so I could keep up writting my poor english, under the radar, while being pampered ...wich I certainly enjoy.:D (stratty is a sweet and sometimes is helping me with a quick private lesson (of english), which I enjoy)

Meanwhile, I've learned a lot (while reading everyone) and thus, could succeedin extending greatly my vocabulary, to a great extend of greatness... lol :D
I can speak Brit, Aussi and 'merican...and make use of their english subtleties, for example : ''fuck you'' :p , ''Fuck you'' and ''Fuck you ''

When I was (briefly ) in the sea org, I was ''used'' as a translator...You can figure they put such incompetent people on post...lol :giggle:
Anyway, since I mostly translated dozens of Life History, it didn't take so long, learning in a Websters , to translate pages of sex stuff and to learn all names of sexually transmitted diseases and how it sores.. :oops: (Bon appetit my dear friends lol)

As a side note, these off topic threads and funny chats are the thread I read and enjoy the most the late days...
and I love to read the colorfull humorous english of esmbers...:)

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
But yeh, there I was last night, watching one of my favorite movies, "The Time Machine." Remember the scene with that big scary oversized skeleton designed to trigger a terror reaction to keep others from investigating or fighting back, to keep them accepting the status quo like a religious belief?

I don't remember that scene. Is this the classic movie? Which 'time machine' movie is this? I love the original. Haven't seen any of the clones...

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't remember that scene. Is this the classic movie? Which 'time machine' movie is this? I love the original. Haven't seen any of the clones...
It's a remake on Amazon Prime. In Hubbard-speak, it was a classic wholetrack restim, lol. In garden-variety English, it triggered some basic primal fear response. Good image, got the point across, no matter how you interpret it. :)

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
It's a remake on Amazon Prime. In Hubbard-speak, it was a classic wholetrack restim, lol. In garden-variety English, it triggered some basic primal fear response. Good image, got the point across, no matter how you interpret it. :)
So who made the movie? Is there a youtube clip of that scene?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I never thought it was so obviously obvious :oops:
lol :giggle:

Straty; you must have wrote: ''the days my written French approaches her high standard of courage and perseverance in attempting to render her english somewhat readable... :giggle:

I must confess when I came on the board, one priority was to spot the ''englich nazy ss officers''..which happened very soon when Phenom was somewhat annoyed at my use of ''then'' and ''than'' ..Okay, I got traumatized, and went to the psych who suggested I befriend with the so-called police officers. Thus I became their ''little darling'' so I could keep up writting my poor english, under the radar, and be pampered...wich I enjoy.:D (stratty is a sweet and sometimes is helping me with a quick private lesson, which I love)

Meanwhle I've learned a lot and succeded to extend greatly my vocabulary, to a great extend... lol :D
I can speak Brit, Aussi and 'merican...and make use of their english subtleties, for example : ''fuck you'' :p , ''Fuck you'' and ''Fuck you ''

When I was (briefly ) in the sea org, I was ''used'' as a translator...You scan figure how they put such incompetent people on post...lol :giggle:
Anyway, since I mostly translated dozens of Life History, it didn't take so long, learning in a Websters , to translate pages of sex stuff and to learn all names of sexually transmitted diseases and how it sores.. :oops: (Bon appetit my dear friends lol)

As a side note, these off topic threads and funny chats are the thread I read and enjoy these days...
and I love to read the colorfull humorous english of esmbers...:)
It's true. Your writing has improved a lot since I've been lurking here. Kinda miss the ol Lotus though. I enjoyed the double takes. Damn, where DID I put my secret Lotus decoder ring?!

Really?! They had you translating Life History forms? That's just wrong on so many levels.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I still do the double takes on purpose Big Blue...As you know it's my favorite activity on ESMB ;)

(It's probably that I was not that often on the board lately and also was struggling with difficult challenges..but hey..I'll make sure I am fully back on post wearing my hat...lol)

Yes..I really translated life histories from english to french. It was actually disgusting for me to do that since I felt like intruding in the most intimate secret of people..actually, it happened I withdraw some stuff. Many of those guys and gals knew me..Can you imagine their embarassement. When I provided my seniors with a translation, it often happened they wanted me to do an interview to get more details..
There I became very annoyed and got obsessed as I felt like we were playing in a sort of Big Brother dark movie and I was ordered to find hot stuff in people's life....They literrally wanted to know each and every detail, especially about sex and partners, whom, when, where, how....
(I couldn't figure out the purpose and use of such intimate details)

Now I know..since we were in a blackmailing mafia cult!

I can't believe I did that... since I was and still am a very private person and am so with other people's privacy.
Anyway, I managed to be transfered to another dept doing something I liked better.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I still do the double takes on purpose Big Blue...As you know it's my favorite activity on ESMB ;)

(It's probably that was not that often on the board lately and also was struggling with difficult challenges..but hey..I'll make sure I am fully back on post wearing my hat...lol)

Yes..I really translated life histories from english to french. It was actually disgusting for me to do that since I felt like intruding in the most intimate secret of people..actually, it happened I withdraw some stuff. Many of those guys and gals knew me..Can you imagine their embarassement. When I provided my seniors with a translation, it often happened they wanted me to do an interview to get more details..
There I became very annoyed and got obsessed as I felt like we were playing in a sort of Big Brother dark movie and I was ordered to find hot stuff in people's life....They literrally wanted to know each and every detail, especially about sex and partners, whom, when, where, how....
(I couldn't figure out the use of such intimate details)

I can't believe I did that... since I was and still am a very private person and am so with other people's privacy.
Anyway, I managed to be transfered to another dept doing something I like better.
I think Hubbard started the Life Histories around 78 or 79. It was definitely after the FBI raids. My thinking at the time, and maybe this was part of the shore story, was he was vetting everyone so anybody who might be promoted up the org board closer to him wouldn't be a security risk. Now we know GO/OSA uses those to coerce people who speak out and to track them down during blow drills because they include names and contact info for friends and family. I was friends with one of the people on the initial Life History implementation mission. It was after CMO took over direct management. Like you they were a good person put in a horrible situation and they are long out of the SO and have spoken out.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
There is a difference between these two terms: "a bunch of high-rolling Chinese Roulette players" and "a bunch of high-rolling Chinese roulette players"

Warning: I am a badge-carrying member-in-good-standing of the Official Capitalization Police SWAT Team Marksmanship Squad, Unit B. You have been wormed.
Yup, your you're absolutely right s2, why the fuck I capitalised it I have no idea, but thanks for drawing my attention to it, it means I'll probably never make that mistake again which is the plus side of people pointing out one's errors. Long may it continue.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip> I have no "pal" named tr8theta...where is THAT coming from?
Now THAT is sarcasm on your part see? Like I said you apparently enjoy correcting and arguing with people. I'm not about to go through all your posts looking for, copying and pasting the specific types of remarks I've accused you of. I don't need "to be right" that bad.
If you have no pal named tr8theta then why did you send me a PM defending him against my treatment of him, or is that what enemies do? THAT is where it is coming from.

Next, if you cannot back up your words with dox then I think you should refrain from making derogatory off the cuff remarks that you are not willing or able to substantiate. We don't do stuff like that here.

I should also remind you that far from enjoying 'correcting and arguing with people' it was you who initiated this spat with your snide comment:
You're the grammar Nazi I'm hearing about aren't you? Argumentative kinda guy too!
You seem to be suffering from the same affliction as your pal tr8theta - hypocrisy.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

(It's probably that was not that often on the board lately and also was struggling with difficult challenges..but hey..I'll make sure I am fully back on post wearing my hat...lol)

(I couldn't figure out the use of such intimate details)

Anyway, I managed to be transfered to another dept doing something I like better.
Wow. That's just shocking, and I thought I heard everything.

It was bad enough that people were forced to fill out these horrendous, extremely sexually explicit, highly personal life histories that were shared between others in management, but then the Church of Scientology required other staff translate them into different languages?? How in the world is that justified by a "church"? It's like a priest transcribing your confession, then reporting it, then sending it to a translator to write it in different languages so even more people can read it.

I'm so sorry you were put in such a terrible position. What an abuse of your tremendous gift with languages. That has to be the most abusive use of a bilingual I've ever heard. Wow.