What's new

Stevens Creek Mission - 1979 - 1981. Looking for David Morse, Phil Mcyntire, Jim Leak.

MWH

Patron
All were at my wedding 37 years ago. Dave married us & Jim was my best man. Phil had signed me up and was a close friend.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
All were at my wedding 37 years ago. Dave married us & Jim was my best man. Phil had signed me up and was a close friend.
That was nearly 40 years ago. Time enough to raise two, almost three generations. Do you know if any of them had children? Or if any of them ever escaped (were 'declared' by) the cult?

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've been slow to pipe in here 'cause, while I am familiar with a lot of the people from SNC, I was at other missions, and only had direct dealings with them later, after the mission became an org, and I haven't been in touch with any of them for 9 yrs or so...

I got into scn in 1978 and out in 2009.

Jack

MWH

Patron
I don’t know. They all came to our Apartment when I quit to try and talk me out of it and that I should disconnect from my fairly new wife and come back. 37 years later and two grown boys I’m thinking it was a good choice. I wish I knew what became of them.

JackStraw

Well, if it helps, yes, you made the far better choice of leaving rather than staying!

I don't know Jim Leake but I did know Debbie. I am quite certain she left. I con't know about the others, though.

Heck, Mark Shreffler (sp?) left!

Loads of people left. You are in great company!

Jack

Last edited:

MWH

Patron
Well, if it helps, yes, you bade the far better choice of leaving rather than staying!

I don't know Jim Leake but I did know Debbie. I am quite certain she left. I con't know about the others, though.

Heck, Mark Shreffler (sp?) left!

Loads of people left. You are in great company!

Jack
I am on the SP list

MWH

Patron
It was after I was gone, probably because I left staff after receiving auditing and courses. I should say that without Scientology my life may have been different and worse. I got off drugs, learned to talk with people, learned how to study etc.... definitely some good

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
It was after I was gone, probably because I left staff after receiving auditing and courses. I should say that without Scientology my life may have been different and worse. I got off drugs, learned to talk with people, learned how to study etc.... definitely some good
Good for you!

I know someone who was smoking dope and dropping acid all through their OT levels. I've never been able to figure that one out. I was always getting into trouble for doing drugs before I became a full-time staff member. Cornelia Alford told me "You are much more beautiful wizzout ze LSD Anthony."

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Now, that's one of the rare instances I've heard of that interaction with the clam cult has actually resulted in some good. It sounds like you had enough sense to get out while the getting was good.

JackStraw

Now, that's one of the rare instances I've heard of that interaction with the clam cult has actually resulted in some good. It sounds like you had enough sense to get out while the getting was good.
It's just too easy to rip scn for all its many, many, many faults, but, while I can't say that without scn I wouldn't have quit taking drugs, learned to talk to people or learned to study, I can say that with it, I did.

To be sure, that goes only as far as it goes. One shouldn't use those and construct some grandiose array of claims about "how wonderful scn is."

It is true, that someone in scn suggested to me that I try not taking drugs (since I knew what life was like using them) and to see how it went. I did and decided that life without was, indeed better.
I went in to scn with a known issue that I had, that I hated and the HAS (comm) course directly fixed it. I grew up in America watching the John Wayne (and other) cowboy movies and others that all contained the message that "real men" look another in the eye when talking and I couldn't do that. I hated myself for that disability and good ol' TR 0 fixed it. Now, I don't claim it sent me exterior and, no, I didn't hear the sound of one hand clapping, but it did fix my problem and I'm grateful for that.

As for teaching me to study...well, I was a bit of a word/definition slut all my life. :yes:

All I'm saying is that sometimes you can learn, even from your nightmare.

Jack

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
It's just too easy to rip scn for all its many, many, many faults, but, while I can't say that without scn I wouldn't have quit taking drugs, learned to talk to people or learned to study, I can say that with it, I did.

To be sure, that goes only as far as it goes. One shouldn't use those and construct some grandiose array of claims about "how wonderful scn is."

It is true, that someone in scn suggested to me that I try not taking drugs (since I knew what life was like using them) and to see how it went. I did and decides that life without was, indeed better.
I went in to scn with a known issue that I had, that I hated and the HAS (comm) course directly fixed it. I grew up in America watching the John Wayne (and other) cowboy movies and others that all contained the message that "real men" look another in the eye when talking and I couldn't do that. I hated myself for that disability and good ol' TR 0 fixed it. Now, I don't claim it sent me exterior and, no, I didn't hear the sound of one hand clapping, but it did fix my problem and I'm grateful for that.

As for teaching me to study...well, I was a bit of a word/definition slut all my life. :yes:

All I'm saying is that sometimes you can learn, even from your nightmare.

Jack
"It is true, that someone in scn suggested to me that I try not taking drugs (since I knew what life was like using them) and to see how it went. I did and decides that life without was, indeed better. "

Yep. I knew a dude that held that sobriety was just another, even more intense, high. I can't recall his name at the moment but he was a true psychonaut.

Reactions: MWH

JackStraw

"It is true, that someone in scn suggested to me that I try not taking drugs (since I knew what life was like using them) and to see how it went. I did and decides that life without was, indeed better. "

Yep. I knew a dude that held that sobriety was just another, even more intense, high. I can't recall his name at the moment but he was a true psychonaut.
Psychonaut - oooohhh, I like that! :drool: That's a new one for me! Thanks for the new word!

Jack

HCOBO

The Galactic Patrol has landed.
Not sure how much it will help, but xenu.net has a database of completions where you can scan for a person by first name and see if there are Sci completions reported in the different mags over the years.

You might also do a forum search for the names.

Reactions: MWH