What's new

Just wondering...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Wow. That's just shocking, and I thought I heard everything.

It was bad enough that people were forced to fill out these horrendous, extremely sexually explicit, highly personal life histories that were shared between others in management, but then the Church of Scientology required other staff translate them into different languages?? How in the world is that justified by a "church"? It's like a priest transcribing your confession, then reporting it, then sending it to a translator to write it in different languages so even more people can read it.

I'm so sorry you were put in such a terrible position. What an abuse of your tremendous gift with languages. That has to be the most abusive use of a bilingual I've ever heard. Wow.
These so-called 'life histories' must be a new wrinkle that was introduced after I departed the scientology scene in the mid-seventies. I'm sure I never came across such a thing while I was still 'in' anyway. A further encroachment into the dignity and privacy of individuals by the upper echelons of the 'church' hierarchy. Disgusting!

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
When I started at an Class V org (Mtn Vw) in 2006 they handed one of those to me to fill out, said it was mandatory for all staff, and required. Hmm...I filled in the basic name, addr, etc. but when it got personal, with probing questions of sex, names of partners, exactly what we did, how, how many times for each type of activity etc. well, I either lied outright or, in most cases, simply left them blank. I was on staff for half of a five year contract and no one ever asked me about either my answers or about the blanks.

Seemed no one really cared.

Jack

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
When I started at an Class V org (Mtn Vw) in 2006 they handed one of those to me to fill out, said it was mandatory for all staff, and required. Hmm...I filled in the basic name, addr, etc. but when it got personal, with probing questions of sex, names of partners, exactly what we did, how, how many times for each type of activity etc. well, I either lied outright or, in most cases, simply left them blank. I was on staff for half of a five year contract and no one ever asked me about either my answers or about the blanks.

Jack

Did staff worship and revere Miscav-midge as much as they did Elron back in my day (70's)?
And they really did, like they were desperate for a father figure to start dissecting their obsession at it's basic basic.
I tried, like I tried later to accept Jesus as my lord & savior due to romantic associations with full blown bible babbler women that I seemed to get hooked up with in my post Scientology days.
But I couldn't bend my mind enough to get to the degree of abject mental failure where I would have needed to be to pull that off so it went unfulfilled.
Maybe you didn't hear about how desperately people worshipped Hubbard during my day but take it from me, they did!

Last edited:

JackStraw

Did staff worship and revere Miscav-midge as much as they did Elron back in my day (70's)?
And they really did, like they were desperate for a father figure to start their obsession at it's basic basic.

<snip>
Maybe you didn't hear about how desperately people worshipped Hubbard during my day but take it from me, they did!
More like abject terror of doing something wrong if he ever showed up, he might take away their eternity for god's sake! :panic: :scared:

Jack

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Interesting to note that although you talk of lovely times etc., there's no mention of scientology itself in your recollections, only of people you met, places you went to and sights you saw.
Being an SO member meant I had a lot more to do with running the org as a team member and far less about receiving any services, so I don’t have a lot to say about Scn, other than the abuse. However, having been locked up in the chain locker by LRH at age 11, put on the RPF and RPF’s RPF and also sodomised at aged 14 whilst still in the Sea Org, the only thing keeping me sane was exteriorising in nature hence my attention on happy memories.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
I'm probably 'gonna get it" for posting this , but as I spend more time here reading various threads and what people post in them, it seems to me sad that after all we have been through whether it was good for YOU and others or bad for YOU and others or perhaps a mix of both somewhat good and somewhat bad..."can't we all just get along" as the saying goes? Name calling, degrading other people's posts just because perhaps they actually had some good experiences or on the other hand had horrible experiences just seems to me to be very impolite and not becoming of one's best behavior. Of course this is just my opinion. I am not telling anyone what to do here. It's just a polite suggestion. Don't get me wrong by all means express yourself honestly and openly whether pro or con regarding whatever the thread may be about...but surely it can be done in a nicer respectful way.
Personally I had enough verbal abuse and mis-treatment that I'd like to think (however wrong such thinking may be) that coming here to ESMB would be somewhat of a refuge. It seems that some folks here just "have to be right" while making other's wrong. Why? Whatever your reality is...it's what it is for YOU. Does anyone agree with me?
Thank you for this

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
These so-called 'life histories' must be a new wrinkle that was introduced after I departed the scientology scene in the mid-seventies. I'm sure I never came across such a thing while I was still 'in' anyway. A further encroachment into the dignity and privacy of individuals by the upper echelons of the 'church' hierarchy. Disgusting!
In the 70's, I had to do one when I went into the Sea Org. Its use might have expanded to staff since then, but at the time I did mine it was an SO-only thing.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
In the 70's, I had to do one when I went into the Sea Org. Its use might have expanded to staff since then, but at the time I did mine it was an SO thing.
Well, I know my memory is shot to fuck, but I was in the Sea Org (in the UK) around 73/4 and I do not remember this action.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
More like abject terror of doing something wrong if he ever showed up, he might take away their eternity for god's sake! :panic: :scared:

Jack
When all the while most of the men, some of the women and probably numerous children could have knocked Mis-scam-midge on his ass any time they really wanted to with any kind of dam the consequences attitude. Don't you think he must have known that?

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson

Jack
"I was on staff for half of a five year contract and no one ever asked me about either my answers or about the blanks.

Seemed no one really cared."

I think it was held in abeyance to be used against you should you ever step out of line and need to be blackmailed into submission. I don't think anyone can sucessfully argue that $cientology doesn't hold the craft of blackmail as one of its highest and most sacred principles.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
"I was on staff for half of a five year contract and no one ever asked me about either my answers or about the blanks.

I think it was held in abeyance to be used against you should you ever step out of line and need to be blackmailed into submission. I don't think anyone can sucessfully argue that $cientology doesn't hold the craft of blackmail as one of its highest and most sacred principles.
I didn't know the questionnaire was imposed on non-SO staff.

Were you meter checked after completing the questionnaire? I think post raids having it serve as a sort of trigger for a sec-check on a dirty read was the main purpose for LRH when it was started.

Also, Sea Org crew are a more captive "audience". Fail the meter check and you could end up on the RPF. In a non-SO org if they get too heavy they just lose staff.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Were you meter checked after completing the questionnaire? I think post raids having it serve as a sort of trigger for a sec-check on a dirty read was the main purpose for LRH when it was started.

Also, Sea Org crew are a more captive "audience". Fail the meter check and you could end up on the RPF. In a non-SO org if they get too heavy they just lose staff.
During my SO time in 80's, it was only imposed on SO staff..I had never heard of such life history questionnaire in my class IV org, neither for non SO staff in advanced orgs.
If memory serves, I was requested to do an e-meter check on people's forms completion..that would explain the additionnal infos requested.

But I recall there was no way to avoid such further inquiries and still hold a total recall of the most intimate questions and answers I replied, since I was too requested extra infos...

Although, I think your previous reply attempting to explain it's possible use appears a valid answer..since SOrgers blow, they can recover all your relatives coordinates in just a few hours (blow drill). That would explain.

Last edited:

JackStraw

When all the while most of the men, some of the women and probably numerous children could have knocked Mis-scam-midge on his ass any time they really wanted to with any kind of dam the consequences attitude. Don't you think he must have known that?
Remember, D(arth) M(idget) is a classic bully and as such doesn't travel alone. He goes about with henchmen to enforce his scariness (NESS rides again!) and for protection in the rare case someone would snap and attack him.

Jack

JackStraw

Well, I walked away, 2 1/2 years into a 5 year contract, and to this day I've heard not a word.

I got fed up with all the Basic Books demand-selling, library "donations", status buying, etc, the lack of care & concern for long-term staff and the fact that absolutely no one was "going up the bridge"-there was no attention on people actually doing scn. It was ALL about gathering as much money as possible.

I tried to route out "standardly" but this was made impossible or at least as difficult as possible to coerce me to stay.
I went out of my way, during my previous contract to accrue zero debt to the cherch. I signed no invoice for anything I hadn't paid for in full. No "staff no-charge invoice" on me! They had nothing to hold over my head.

I put myself on a Leaving Staff R/F and went through the motions. My folders got sent to the C/S for ok to do the leaving staff sec check and, surprise, surprise! I needed one to two expensives for set-ups for the sec check!

Well, I argued, I didn't audit myself, so if my "case" was messed up it was up to scn to fix it, not at my expense.

I explained: I have no money. Ask any reg. They know my finances as well as I do! So the E/O or SSO or whoever says "You can sign a staff no-charge invoice." I tell him/her, "Right, so when I complete the sec check and leave, I'll owe the cherch either $4000 or $8000!? No thanks!" They insist I must have the set-ups, I insist I won't pay for them and we are at in impasse.

While this is going on, they expect me to continue keeping my staff schedule, filling my time with menial, embarrassing MEST work, exposed to the public etc. so I just stopped going in to post.

Days of phone calls followed ordering me back to post, me asking, why, have you decided to waive the cost of set-ups? "No." Ok, then, No. I won't come in. That just gradually wound down to nothing and I was out. :party:

Here we are, nine years later and I've heard nothing. (The best thing to hear from these guys!) :bigfinger:

Jack

JackStraw

Were you meter checked after completing the questionnaire?
I frankly don't recall if I was meter checked after. I kinda don't think so, but after all the meter training I've done, both as a student and as a coach, faking F/Ns is child's play. I did that a lot in my later years on staff.

Jack

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember, D(arth) M(idget) is a classic bully and as such doesn't travel alone. He goes about with henchmen to enforce his scariness (NESS rides again!) and for protection in the rare case someone would snap and attack him.

Jack
...and let's not forget that invoking "HCO Bring Order" instantly commandeers all staff to physically gang up and restrain anyone designated as a disturbance by HCO Division staff per policy and Miscavige is every HCO's most senior boss.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=24776&start=105

(snipped)

12. In times of stress, commotion, riot or threats to person, an HCO personnel may instantly deputize any other Scientologist merely by saying loudly, “HCO. Bring Order,” making it known in any way that the Scientologist or Scientologists present should intervene or act. Any Scientologist whose help is thus commanded at once becomes deputized by Division 1 by the fact of required assistance and may not be charged before a Committee of Evidence for any act committed in rendering assistance to HCO during the period of stress and must be protected by the organization from any civil authority and the organization must pay any fines or expenses incurred or reasonable costs for damage to dress or hospital aid. When the incident is over, the HCO personnel must say, “HCO thanks you for bringing order,” thus ending the deputization.
An HCO Personnel requiring an eviction of a person or persons from a premises or meeting or area need only point to the person or persons and say, “HCO. Order!” Any staff member or Scientologist present is instantly deputized as above and must act promptly to carry out the eviction or be liable under Justice Codes when failing to do so. This can be used in any circumstances, no matter how mild the offender even down to slovenly or unauthorized persons on the premises or in any office. When the person or persons are removed, the HCO personnel removes the deputization by saying, “HCO thanks you for order.” These orders apply even when the person causing a disturbance is an off icer, director or councilman of another division and none may be disciplined for complying but may be liable under Justice Codes for not doing so.

(snipped)

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Well, I walked away, 2 1/2 years into a 5 year contract, and to this day I've heard not a word.

I got fed up with all the Basic Books demand-selling, library "donations", status buying, etc, the lack of care & concern for long-term staff and the fact that absolutely no one was "going up the bridge"-there was no attention on people actually doing scn. It was ALL about gathering as much money as possible.

I tried to route out "standardly" but this was made impossible or at least as difficult as possible to coerce me to stay.
I went out of my way, during my previous contract to accrue zero debt to the cherch. I signed no invoice for anything I hadn't paid for in full. No "staff no-charge invoice" on me! They had nothing to hold over my head.

I put myself on a Leaving Staff R/F and went through the motions. My folders got sent to the C/S for ok to do the leaving staff sec check and, surprise, surprise! I needed one to two expensives for set-ups for the sec check!

Well, I argued, I didn't audit myself, so if my "case" was messed up it was up to scn to fix it, not at my expense.

I explained: I have no money. Ask any reg. They know my finances as well as I do! So the E/O or SSO or whoever says "You can sign a staff no-charge invoice." I tell him/her, "Right, so when I complete the sec check and leave, I'll owe the cherch either $4000 or $8000!? No thanks!" They insist I must have the set-ups, I insist I won't pay for them and we are at in impasse.

While this is going on, they expect me to continue keeping my staff schedule, filling my time with menial, embarrassing MEST work, exposed to the public etc. so I just stopped going in to post.

Days of phone calls followed ordering me back to post, me asking, why, have you decided to waive the cost of set-ups? "No." Ok, then, No. I won't come in. That just gradually wound down to nothing and I was out. :party:

Here we are, nine years later and I've heard nothing. (The best thing to hear from these guys!) :bigfinger:

Jack
"Days of phone calls followed ordering me back to post, me asking, why, have you decided to waive the cost of set-ups? "No." Ok, then, No. I won't come in. That just gradually wound down to nothing and I was out.

Here we are, nine years later and I've heard nothing. (The best thing to hear from these guys!) "

^^^^^^ That PERFECTLY illustrates that the scam of $cientology is all about the money and only about the money.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
We weren't in it for fun. We thought we were sacrificing lifetimes to "save this sector of the universe". It wasn't supposed to be fun, it was supposed to be hard. We bought into this total bullshit ... until we didn't.

While there may have been happy times during the time I was in, I don't remember anything but the black cloud that was "duty" and "commitment" and "make it go right".
Interesting.

Our experience is quite different.

I had a ball as public student in San Francisco in '71-'72 where one often heard someone say "If it isn't fun it isn't scientology"

FCDC was different; I was staff at a Sea Org ClIV org but it was still very lively bright and cheerful.

I could speak many, many pleasant moments but one pops to mind; a winter storm with six inches on the ground and heavy snow falling and me out on Connecticutt Ave with an e-meter tucked under my arm trying to get a taxi to a distant hospital to deliver a dianetic assist to the Dist Sec who just had a cancerous testicle removed...