What's new

An honest version of Scientology?

Veda

Sponsor
Did the world need an honest, non crazy, no hidden agenda, and sane, version of Scientology, that combined psychotherapy with spiritual exploration?

guanoloco

As-Wased
Yeah. I've often wondered had Hubbard been honest and not a hypnotist...what could it have been?

There is good with Scientology. As an assist to the ego perhaps that may be necessary. After that, it's ego masturbation.

What might've been had Hubbard been
A) knowledgeable
B) honest
C) sincere

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Did the world need an honest, non crazy, no hidden agenda, and sane, version of Scientology, that combined psychotherapy with spiritual exploration?
I didn't think the extreme focus on mental health and introspection was a good thing in general at the time (I don't just mean via scientology, a lot of 'new age' things were starting to appear) and I think it proceeded to go way too far.

It seemed to start in the US and I honestly thought England would just reject it (soldier on, stiff upper lip and all that).

People are declaring they are mentally ill everywhere now, almost as if it's a badge of honour ... it really annoys me and people with genuine issues (that were not self-created by substance abuse) are unable to receive real assistance because the resources are all being used up by the wannabe's.

Spiritual exploration is a different thing but Guru's appearing out of nowhere bother me ... for obvious reasons.

So my answer is no ... but we certainly need something now!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
The research would need fMRI brain scans to explore the human ideas/notions about so-called "spirituality".
And then compare it with, say, chimpanzees and bonobos.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not "Scientology". There are many ways that people can get help and improvement already. Any "Scientology" is just not that.

EDIT: I understand that there is "good" in Scientology. But as I've said before, there is a ton of garbage as well. Why bother ferreting out the good, testing and verifying (which was never done in Scientology), revising and re-testing, discarding what actually isn't that workable ... and so on ... when there are lots of methods and technologies that have already gone through real research, real testing, real revisions, real verifications. Why?

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
To answer your question, Veda: YES!

In many respects it still does need an honest body of knowledge that can be applied to benefit civilization and lead it to higher levels of understanding.

That batshit crazy guy we have here it said it very well:

Yeah. I've often wondered had Hubbard been honest and not a hypnotist...what could it have been?

There is good with Scientology. As an assist to the ego perhaps that may be necessary. After that, it's ego masturbation.

What might've been had Hubbard been
A) knowledgeable
B) honest
C) sincere

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Yes! A version of Scientology that did not contain any:
  • LRH policies
  • LRH Bulletins
  • LRH Audio Tapes
  • LRH Books
  • LRH Executive Directives
  • LRH Advices
  • LRH Flag Orders
  • LRH Admin Tech
  • LRH Ethics Tech
  • LRH Auditing Tech
  • LRH Clearing Tech
  • LRH OT Tech
  • LRH "Science"
  • LRH "Wholetrack Research"
  • LRH Philosophy
  • LRH Admin Scales
  • LRH ("Commodore's) Messengers
  • LRH Org Boards
  • LRH Fair Game Attacks
  • LRH Declares & Disconnections
  • LRH Black Ops
  • LRH Office of Special Affairs
  • LRH Lies
  • LRH Fraud
  • LRH Money Rackets
  • LRH Religion "Angles"
  • LRH Sociopathy
  • LRH Sadism
If Scientology just tidied itself up a tiny bit (by simply getting rid of those very minor out-points above) that'd be an "...honest, non crazy, no hidden agenda, and sane, version of Scientology".

So, yes, the world does need that.

Because it would be the greatest good for mankind, on this planet and all beings in this sector.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes.

And it is repeatedly attempted over the centuries and repeatedly assaulted and hijacked by materialist social and political power and weakened by the inevitable frailties and sins of even it's best teachers and practitioners

Is Scientology a fascist cult?

It is if it's leaders make it so

Despite my own frailties and sins I've done something else with it.

HelluvaHoax!

...snipped
Despite my own frailties and sins I've done something else with it.

You are probably forgetting to also atone for "THE ORIGINAL SIN" of being a Scientologist . . .

It took long, long ago--back at the very beginning--in the Garden of E(den) Meters.

I will not spoil your eternity by feeding you the cog. However, scripture doesn't mention any prohibition of giving you a clue. . .so:

HELPFUL CULT CLUE: The Original Sin has something to do with a Scientology triangle. No, not the ARC triangle, nor the KRC triangle. We are talking here about the Scientology triptych[sup]1[/sup]. The sacred TOTAL THETAN TRILOGY:

THE FATHER - THE SON - AND THE HOLY GHOST

The Father: (L. Ron Hubbard)
The Son: (David Miscavige)
The Holy Ghost(s): (BTs)

Hope this helps you to figure out "The Original Sin" of becoming a Scientologist.

What? Still don't get it?

Need another clue?

Okay, I guess it couldn't hurt, here ya go. . .

ADDITIONAL CLUE: It's virtually identical to the Original Sin in the Bible (i.e. "....eating the forbidden fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil"). In the case of Scientology's scripture it reads: "....eating the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowingness of good and evil").

Still not getting it?

Okay. Well, I'll just have to feed you the cog then. Sorry if you lose your entirety from this little post, it's greatest good.

SCIENTOLOGY ORIGINAL SIN: Using the ultimate OT ability attained in Scientology ("total knowingness") to know about L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

[sup]1[/sup] triptych: (variant spelling of the term TripTech): The tech used by the cult of Scientology to send parishioners on a trip, much like the hallucinatory effects of an LSD trip--- but in a way that allows them to still sign a billion year contract.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I would say NO. Psychotherapy and spiritual exploration are two different things, and while there may at times be some overlap, they should be kept separate for the most part.

We need to apply the scientific method as much as possible to psychotherapy, but with spiritual exploration that's really not possible as the tools to do that with haven't been invented yet.

JustSheila

Crusader
Does the world need an honest version of Scientology?

What an oxymoron! :faceslap:

Does the world need an expensive version of plastic jewelry?
Does the world need a compassionate version of Hitler?
Does the world need a joyful version of suffering?
Does the world need a sincere version of scamming?
Does the world need an intelligent way of speaking gobbledy-goop?

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
If there were no bridge and the organization only turned out certified auditors and delivered nothing but auditor training and student auditing (like a dental school), then scientology (field) auditors could do a lot of good, more than most psychologists. The bridge would have to go, along with any idea of super powers. And the green on white would have to go, because it's all really about expanding scientology (increasing income).

Veda

Sponsor

Some background for those who haven't yet seen it.

cropped-univers.jpg

In 1937 a book titled, 'The Middle Pillar', by Israel Regardie was published.

377504._UY200_.jpg

Wrote Regardie:

[Psycho-therapeutic] Analysis is the logical precursor of spiritual attainment and Magical experiment... Not until the mind and the emotional system have been cleansed and unified by the cathartic process... can the full spiritual benefits of magical work be reflected into the mind of man.
...We should remember the parables of the archaic philosophical religions whose fundamental tenet was that within man was a spirit, a dynamic center of consciousness which, because of its contact and association with matter, had been plunged into a profound sleep, a kind of somnambulism...
By endeavoring to extend the horizon of consciousness, to enlarge the field of awareness so as to embrace what previously was unconscious, is obviously a logical method. To become aware of all our actions, our thoughts and emotions and unsuspected motives, to regard them in their true light as actually they are and not as we would like them to be or as we would wish an onlooker to perceive them.
It requires, to take this step, an extraordinary degree of honesty and courage... The more of this suppressed and forgotten material stored in this at one time unknown or dormant side of our nature that can be raised to the clear light of day, by exactly so much do we awake from the inert stupor into which we have in the past been plunged.
____​
It's very likely that Hubbard read these words.

Of course, Hubbard added brainwashing methodologies.​
Ideas such as these are part of what attracted many who, then, fell prey to Hubbard's trickery.​

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
The traditional PC Folder (Priest/Penitent Privileged File)
was a place we could reflect on and memorialize all of our:
  • Upsets and beefs with others
  • Evil purposes and wishes to harm
  • Secrets and things we're ashamed of
  • Mistakes and life catastrophes
  • Rages and worst moments
Nowadays, we can and do put all that reflection and
information (the content of our reactive minds, so to
speak :coolwink:) in more public repositories to air it out and
memorialize it:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Message boards
  • Blogs
So, I guess we've got it covered.

Maybe the time for something like Scientology has passed.:evillaugh:

HelluvaHoax!

Does the world need an honest version of Scientology?

What an oxymoron! :faceslap:

Does the world need an expensive version of plastic jewelry?
Does the world need a compassionate version of Hitler?
Does the world need a joyful version of suffering?
Does the world need a sincere version of scamming?
Does the world need an intelligent way of speaking gobbledy-goop?
******* STANDING OVATION! *******

Well, to get off a withhold, it was actually a seated ovation. However, I attest that if I had been at an event with cameras rolling--I would have leapt to my feet and flowed infinite admiration to your gigantic portrait on the jumbotron--and wildly cheered and clapped (to avoid being routed to ethics for the "other-intention-ness" of sitting).

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I don't know. But here is the module list for my Scn section of PaulsRobot3: http://paulsrobot3.com/scn/module-list.htm.

Honest: I have tried to be completely honest in that I have made the sessions as close as possible to the ideal original (hopefully not an oxymoron) minus the hype such as overstated EPs.

Non crazy/sane: I don't consider any of these specific modules crazy, although most aren't particularly effective. There's nothing above Exp Grade 0, no "R6" etc.

No hidden agenda: As far as I know, only my possibly-hidden agenda of hoping to lure Scios into first using familiar Scn processes and then moving on to my far-better non-Scn procedures there (Rub & Yawn, Dipoles etc).

Spiritual exploration: The Scn section of PaulsRobot3 doesn't get into spirituality. The woowoo section does, extensively, including exploring one's extended anatomy (each auric body etc) with RAW4 (http://paulsrobot3.com/woowoo/raw4/index.htm) and trying the impossible SpotAnAngel module (http://paulsrobot3.com/woowoo/spotanangel/index.htm), designed to make it easier for someone to sense by different perceptual channels what is in the different dimensions or realms of existence, including the normal physical one.

healthy-hara-500px.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to plug "my stuff". :)

Paul

Last edited: